URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4833
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"So, what's going on with winning a car these days??"

Posted by mindy23 on 12-15-08 at 08:53 AM
I hope this isn't a duplicate. I haven't seen anyone else post this-I know it's been mentioned in a few posts, but no one has had an answer.

Just wondering after last night's finale, has ANYONE heard what happened with the giveaway of the car? Is that over for good, or is the $100K taking over for it instead?

I really don't like the idea of the 'favorite' winning extra, as in Bob's case, when 2nd and 3rd, walk away with just a fraction of the winnings. Just MY idea....

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: So, what's going on with winning a car these days??"
Posted by Snidget on 12-15-08 at 09:19 AM
I think they lost the sponsor.

I don't know if you can give a car away without the company making the car agreeing to be a part of the show.

Usually the fan favorite isn't the winner, but it doesn't bother me at all if someone gets both the popular and the jury vote.

It just wouldn't be the same game if the differential between 1 and 2 or 3 was just a few thousand dollars. I think to make the stakes higher you need to have a pretty big reward for winning compared to coming in second.

Posted by michel on 12-15-08 at 09:55 AM
To give a car, you need a sponsor and not too many car company would like to be associated with the "Car Curse"!

Speaking of curses, Bob broke one: He was the first one to win the family visit reward and win the game. Then again, that win was really only for pizza since everyone had their visit.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 12-15-08 at 09:59 AM
In case, you....don't want to insult you. But the Automotive business is slumping bad these days. Marketing and Advertising budgets have been slashed e3verywhere by all auot manufacturers....not just the Big 3.

Posted by michel on 12-15-08 at 10:09 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-08 AT 10:12 AM (EST)

Certainly that's part of it but the last car give-away was in Fiji which was filmed in the fall of 2006, and that's before the slump. The truck was so cursed that Yau-Man gave it away to Dreamz for a cheap necklace! Not the desired publicity stunt, I'm sure.