URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID57
Thread Number: 4832
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Antonia on TV...AGAIN!"

Posted by Beebop123 on 11-27-06 at 10:09 PM
I am watching a new show, right now, on Style Network called Shopaholic 911. As it was coming on I thought the "shopaholic" looked familiar, and I realized it was Antonia and plus they keep saying her name, so it was confirmed to be her. Her best friend Danielle "turned her in" to a psychologist by writing into this show about Antonia's problem.

Well, I see Starting Over offered her no help at all. She lives in a one room apartment where she can't afford toilet paper, but she can afford to buy all these really expensive clothes. I think they said she makes about $375 per week and spends somewhere like double that per week on clothes.

I think it's pretty sad to have to go from one reality show to the next to get "help." She needs to try a real life therapist instead. Well, I thought I would share this in case anyone wants to catch Shopaholic 911 when it repeats.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Antonia on TV...AGAIN!"
Posted by mistyrose52 on 11-30-06 at 01:53 PM
Thanks. I really couldn't see that girl getting any help at all. I think she was looking for a quick fix, like Allison-declaring bankruptcy, and moving on to the next giant credit card!

On the same note, I noticed that Summer tried out for not this season, but last season's episode of 'The Biggest Loser'. Seems these people really get hooked on having their mugs and bodies on tv, in hopes of getting their few moments of fame, I suppose. Some people will just never learn!

Posted by JessicaRN on 11-30-06 at 06:32 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-06 AT 03:08 PM (EST)

Maybe they should all follow Christina to Dr. Keith's show. He is a legitimate psychiatrist, but seems to go in for the skanky side of life. I seriously thought I would miss SO, but I don't.

Posted by susang on 12-01-06 at 12:49 PM
On SO, her accent drove me crazy

Posted by eire_heart74 on 12-01-06 at 02:26 PM
Ugh!! People like her drive me crazy. Moaning and groaning about their situation and they put themselves there all on their own!!! Can't afford toilet paper but you have stuff up and out the #####?!!?!?!!

Maybe when she is thrown out on the streets and is really suffering will she ever realize what she had and what she could of been.

Posted by mistyrose52 on 12-02-06 at 02:11 PM
Nah-she'll just end up with some rich old man to take care of her. Never fails...

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 12-11-06 at 11:53 AM
SO offered Antonia all kinds of help. And, advice. She just didn't follow it.

Posted by Dimples87 on 02-16-07 at 06:50 PM
Antonia's on another reality show and she's falling back into old habits; I figured that would happen to her because I feel like they rushed her so-called Process.
I think Niambi should have graduated over Antonia because Iyanla knows she could have worked harder with Niambi than with Antonia. I think that Iyanla only chose Antonia to graduate because she gave into her wild demands and exercises. Niambi would have benefitted more from the Process than Antonia.

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 02-21-07 at 03:32 PM
I think Niambi would've done far better had Antonia never entered the SOH. All Antonia's drama over getting the guestroom painted during Jodi's graduation festivities set Niambi back, IMO.