URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4825
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Sugar: Dumb blonde or saavy stragetist?"

Posted by kbrockm on 12-11-08 at 09:23 PM
She pulls off some pretty smart moves, but there are times her opinions change with each person she talks to. Dumb like a fox? You make the call!

--The Reality TV Fan

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Sugar: Dumb blonde or saavy stragetist?"
Posted by MPVLOST on 12-11-08 at 10:15 PM
I think she may be one of the smartest players this season.

Which isn't saying much, I know, but still.

-----------------------------------------
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 12-11-08 at 10:36 PM
Regardless of what else you might say about her, the woman has a perfect sense of television moments.

Christmas at Agbeach 2008

Posted by jbug on 12-12-08 at 09:45 AM
I was just thinking that Sugar could have been a plant to provide the viewers with good stuff this season.
Can't give credit to MB for thinking of it - but it's almost seems that way! She pops up and does the unexpected and entertaining at just the right times.

She didn't have to give Matty the HII to play to save himself; Crystal was getting 4 votes anyway; but I think she did it to "tell" Kenny he was not in charge like he thinks. Loved it!

Agman is definitely on my list (& twin Cyndi too)

Posted by Karchita on 12-12-08 at 03:13 AM
I think she has a good heart, but is no strategist. She has been unbelievably lucky.

Christmasized by the one and only Sharnina

Posted by garcor on 12-12-08 at 06:44 AM
Beginning to think she is quite intelligent (and a good actress) but only uses it when properly motivated. And its her emotions that motivate her; especially anger at people who act cruelly or are over domineering. Basically a laid-back personality with strong opinions about how people treat each other.

Posted by mindy23 on 12-12-08 at 10:49 AM
>Beginning to think she is quite
>intelligent (and a good actress)
>but only uses it when
>properly motivated. And its
>her emotions that motivate her;
>especially anger at people who
>act cruelly or are over
>domineering. Basically a laid-back
>personality with strong opinions about
>how people treat each other.
>
Ditto!!

"Agree"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-12-08 at 11:01 AM
She likes to lay the smackdown on whoever she thinks are mean or manipulative players. Feeling duped by Ace? Check. Randy just being himself? Check. Crystal berating Matty? Check. Tired of Kenny being manipulative? Check-well, not yet. But she used the HII to show him she's onto him. Can't wait until Sunday!

Posted by aquariaqueen on 12-12-08 at 11:27 AM
I like many of the moves she's made. I especially loved that she didn't let Ace have the HII.

All the change ups she's made, I really don't think she's ticked off too many of the jury that if she made it to the end, she may just pull it off.

A Blessed Christmas season to all who welcome the Newborn King into their lives.

Posted by Fishercat on 12-12-08 at 12:11 PM
Of the five jury members, she has seriously wronged (in their view) three of them (Corinne, Randy, and Crystal) with the other two in cohoots with the other onions. It doesn't look good for her.

Posted by citywitch on 12-12-08 at 05:19 PM
call me Pollyanna, but just as I've always thought Sugar was a good-hearted person & always hoped that she knew exactly what she was doing, I also have high hopes that Marcus & Charlie can think for themselves, and won't automatically fall into the Randy/Corinne cesspool (granted, I haven't seen the Loser Lodge footage with Crystal which I hear is pretty bad so I dunno?)

Posted by suzzee on 12-12-08 at 12:04 PM
In Jeff's blog he said Marcus had the highest IQ this season. He also said he would reveal who had the second highest and that we would be surprised. Want to bet that it's Sugar?

Here comes suzzee snowflake thanks Tribey

Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 12-12-08 at 02:53 PM
No thank you.

Into the magna tribe by phyl

Posted by DoodleBug on 12-12-08 at 04:09 PM
My first thought would be that it is Bob, but that wouldn't be much of a surprise. Sugar would be.

I like her game play but I'm hoping that Matty or Bob wins.

"Saavy steamroller..."
Posted by tribephyl on 12-12-08 at 06:29 PM
Catch a ride!
GO SUGAR!!!

Posted by Aruba on 12-13-08 at 12:45 PM
Neither. She's not dumb and she's no savvy strategist.

Sugar is a highly emotional individual who lets her emotions dictate her decisions. Most of the time that will work against a castaway, but she has derived TREMENDOUS benefit from the HII. When (almost) everyone knows or thinks you possess the HII the other players become paronoid and rightfully so. Should the other players want to flush out the HII it would be Sugar's (and Sugar's vote alone) that can unilaterally boot someone out of the game.

A blindside is always a possibility, but her catty and b!tchy attitide has made her a desirable player to sit next to in the Finals; so that may be a reason why no one really cared that she had the HII because believing they could beat her in the Finals could be a reason for her advancement.

I think it has finally dawned on Sugar that she will have a problem getting the necessary votes from the Jury. IMO that would explain handing the HII to Matty...as least she feels that could give her Matty's vote should he be on the Jury. I think the only realistic hope for Sugar is a F2 with Susie and the Jury not wanting a travesty ending like we saw in Pearl Islands with Sandra. If we have a F3, I can't see Sugar getting more votes than Bob, Matty, or Ken. A "savvy strategist" would have figured that out already.

If we do have another surprise F2 as we did last season it has absolutely nothing to do with strategy and everything to do with a twist or curveball thrown into the mix that inevitably proves more beneficial for a partiular player moreso than another.

Posted by garcor on 12-14-08 at 11:50 AM
I do think other players; notably Ace and Ken, underestimated Sugar's intelligence and overestimated their ability to control her. If you think you can control the person with the idol, why try to force it out.

"Sugar: Opportunist "
Posted by michel on 12-14-08 at 01:35 PM
Like Eve in the first Eden, Sugar has been responsible for all that happened. Each player in the Final 5, except Susie, can say that they owe their position because of her whims, instincts, emotions and reasons. But has she really improved her own position? Imagine how well she'd be positioned if the F5 included Ace, Randy and Corinne. Those 3 players all tried to get her on their side yet she voted them out.