URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID7
Thread Number: 480
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Thank you, Nak!"

Posted by RyrieRae on 09-10-04 at 02:31 PM
Okay, so you totally screwed yourself out of 500K by trusting Diane, but how could you have known, right? What I am commending you for is your ATTITUDE. You not only have played it cool, calm, and collected this entire time, but when stabbed in the back by a former ally, your response is a hug and a very sincere, "it's just a game." I have been watching reality TV since the beginning, and I have always wanted a player to realize exactly what you showed last night... the ability to reason that this is not the end of the world. My hat goes off to you.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Thank you, Nak!"
Posted by HistoryDetective on 09-10-04 at 03:15 PM
I also thought that Nakomis had a good attitude last night.

BUT, you have to remember that she is still in that house and if she manages to go to F2 that means that two of the people in the house will be on the jury. No need to shoot herself in the foot by alienating them now.

So, I applaud her for having a realistic attitude that was also a good strategy.

Posted by syren on 09-10-04 at 04:45 PM
I too applaud Nik. She has beenone of my favorites since the beginning. She's smart, whether or not she was truely peeved at Diane, she refused to let that show. IMHO I think she knows that if she makes it any farther at this point, alot of it will be based on her reactions to Karens eviction, and how she reacts towards the remaining HG's.

Posted by sisterwoman on 09-10-04 at 07:17 PM
I think she played it very cool after K left. I can;t say that I would have been that calm and I am almost old enough to be her mom- if I'd had her when I was 14

I totally think it is strategy though and not that she is really ok with what happened. There's just no reason to blow it at this point. She knows that the only thing holding her there is, well, what IS holding her there?! Damn, if its only the pinky swear, she's really screwed. WHat are they gonna do with all those loose pinkies when the game is over?! I could come up with some ideas

Posted by alwaysintruble1 on 09-10-04 at 07:41 PM
You could be onto sonmething...with all the loose pinkies around the house, use them in the final HOH comp. That could be the ultimate irony in the end, having Nik competing (if she finds a way to survive this week) in a comp involing pinkies, and losing the comp..... LOL

Posted by Glass on 09-11-04 at 11:30 PM
I second everything that's been posted here, and thanks for starting the thread Ryrie! Odds probably are that Nakomis is going to need all the good feelings we can send over in the next few days.
I agree that her demeanor probably has a lot to do with jury strategy... and I agree that her behavior will have a lot to do with whether she stays or goes. That seems to be something that no other players have realized this season (no I'm not giving Drew any credit!)... behave badly with people and you're gonna lose!

But the real reason for my post is definitely to give a big shout out to my buddy Syren, who gladly but tirelessly strived to present me with a generous gift... She told me she liked my name and enjoyed my posts, and decided that she wanted to create for me my very own signature pic! Thank you SO MUCH, Syren!
So without any ado, everybody give Syren props for the unveiling of my very first sig! Oooh... aahhh!

p.s. I was going to post this message about 8:00, and as a Canadian I felt rather obligated to say something facetious about the U.S. World Cup Hockey team. But then Syren and I had to coordinate a little more, and I couldn't do the unveil, so I sat down to watch the semifinals tonight. And suddenly, while my team was getting it's butt kicked in 3-3 OT, I started feeling a little less sarcastic. But in the end we DID put that puck in that net.
So all you U.S. sports fans can consider yourselves only a little made fun of. Barely.

p.p.s. Hey look! It's another of Syren's sigs. Isn't she brilliant! Thank you so much Syren. Shout out to Billy C!

Posted by syren on 09-11-04 at 11:44 PM
Thanks for the shout Glass.....I am glad that you like them...

Posted by calichick on 09-16-04 at 01:15 AM
I totally agree!! NAK Rocks!!