URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID57
Thread Number: 4798
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jill's Radio Gig"

Posted by tac_2 on 07-29-06 at 02:53 PM
Hey everybody, long time, no see.

Anyone have the scoop on why Jill isn't working at KJAZZ anymore?

I just read on a jazz forum she's no longer employed there.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Jill's Radio Gig"
Posted by BlingBlong on 07-29-06 at 04:14 PM
She has a fulltime job with a PR firm. It's on her website.

Posted by tac_2 on 07-30-06 at 00:24 AM
That's great! Thanks for the info.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 08-01-06 at 07:22 AM
Well that's good. Wasn't the radio job only part time too? Certainly won't pay the bills and I don't know many jobs that give health benefits to those that only work part time.

I hope Jill had the good sense to realize that and move on.

Posted by Schachter on 08-01-06 at 02:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-06 AT 02:44 PM (EST)

I've been following Jill's blog and no where on there have I read anything about her supposedly getting a new job with a PR firm. I have read a post (which has since been removed) on several of the SO women's blogs urging viewers who liked SO to contact a Las Vegas radio station to support Jill's move to that station as morning show host/co-host. That makes sense to me as Jill's father lives in Las Vegas. Jill's last show on KJAZZ was 2 weeks ago. She mentioned him briefly on her Father's Day show. I was surprised that she had left KJAZZ since she didn't start until February. So she was only there a short time. Maybe the arrangement Bumin/Murray made with them was that it would be exactly what it turned out to be. I don't know. There is no mention yet about the Las Vegas radio job on her blog.

Jill did ask on her blog awhile back if SO would be cancelled. It has been, but not officially. From reading Rhonda's blog, I could tell that the production season was shortened by a month (ended around the 9th of January - Season 2 ended in mid February). I had wondered whether SO3 would be the last season. They seemed to be working on a smaller budget, had sponsors giving graduation gifts, on one occasion the LC/Dr Stan provided the graduation gift. They used the same theme music as SO2. (I like the music but I suppose their thinking was "why pay for another piece of music to be only used for a season? Just use what we have.) Even though Bunim/Murray did a superb job (as usual) with production of the show, it did seem like they were working with a much smaller budget than the previous season. I sense that Bunim/Murray did not tell the LCs that SO3 would be the last season since they made references to "next season" on the show. And Rhonda had a request on her blog for viewers to call the special SO number NBC Universal had set up for viewer input.

I will truly miss SO. It has been my very favorite show on the corporate media. I've usually gotten something out of every episode. I think it has helped those who have opened their minds to being helped and who have been receptive to the show. It does take a level of maturity to appreciate the show (to watch segments of people's psychotherapy and life coaching...which is sometimes not "fun" to watch) and to get something out of it, that's for sure. In that regard, I'm not at all surprised that it did not "catch on."

Also, Bunim/Murray published a new website recently and Starting Over is no longer listed as one of their shows, even though Season 3 is still in second run. I found this odd considering the show is still on TV. They never did put any of the Season 3 women on their website. Now, the only reference they make to SO is on their bio page (the history of what they've done in the past).

Posted by sharnina on 08-01-06 at 03:21 PM
If you check out her website you will find more current information.

INSIDE SCOOP!

NEWS 07/15/06
JILL TRACEY - New Job!
Yes, I am starting a new full time position in Public Relations, and very excited about it!

www.justaskjillonline.com

A Tribe Original
God is good all the time and all the time, God is good.

Posted by GoddessOfWisdom on 08-04-06 at 02:03 PM
Let's hope she puts her health insurance to good use (that is of course if this new job has benefits) and takes care of her medical issues once and for all.

Posted by sharnina on 08-04-06 at 02:10 PM
And let's hope her insurance (again, assuming that the new job provides this benefit) doesn't balk at pre-existing conditions.

A Tribe Original

Posted by GoddessOfWisdom on 08-04-06 at 02:13 PM
I believe if she gets on a group plan at work, she will be automatically enrolled (at least that's how it's been in my experience). Most employers have a waiting period of ninety days, so let's hope she holds on to her job until then.

Posted by BimBo on 08-03-06 at 08:28 PM

>
>Anyone have the scoop on why
>Jill isn't working at KJAZZ
>anymore?
>

Ummmm, maybe she got caught stealing from them!!!

Posted by sharnina on 08-04-06 at 02:23 PM
Hee hee... you're baaaad.

A Tribe Original