URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4773
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I met Yau-Man!!!!"

Posted by PsychoKitty on 09-11-08 at 08:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-08 AT 08:58 PM (EST)

This past June, I attended an outdoor evening party for my Rotary club which had a Survivor theme. . . and the ladies organizing the event approached Yau-Man to attend as our surprise guest! It was so wonderful!!!! When he walked out, and they introduced him, I screamed "Oh My Gawd! It's the Real Yau-Man!!!!" (Yes, embarrassing I know . . . but I was so incredulous!) I had the chance to talk to him a few times privately, and got his autograph too (!). Later on, at the end of the evening, my sweetie and I walked him to his car. What a lovely, gracious person!!!! He regaled us with great stories from the show, and shared in great detail about a recent trip to Iraq to cheer up the soldiers that he did with (can't remember perfectly here) I think, 2 other Survivors. On the way to the car I said, "After spending weeks with Dreamz, you never knew he was literally homeless? That winning just the car would be the whole world to him?" And he said, "No. The women were great at getting to know everyone's stories. . ." but he had no idea when he made the deal with Dreamz that he wouldn't keep his promise. WOW. . . !

Anyhoo - the Yau did not disappoint! He is great fellow - sweet, humorous, smart as hell, an overall great human being.

Sorry it took me so long to post this little Star Siting!

Psychokitty

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

edited to add my blurry photo

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: I met Yau-Man!!!!"
Posted by suzzee on 09-12-08 at 05:02 PM
How cool for you! He always seemed like a genuinely nice person.

Certifiable Guest at Tribe’s Lodge

Posted by PsychoKitty on 09-12-08 at 07:59 PM
Thank you Suzzee! I was genuinely thrilled

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by jbug on 09-13-08 at 03:31 PM
Wow! I would have been rather excited too! How neat!

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08