URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4763
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"What would have happened if Ozzy had played his idol"

Posted by garcor on 05-16-08 at 08:29 PM
rather than being voted out? Think Jason would have been gone removing Ozzy's biggest challenge competitor. Would have had two four person alliances (one three guys and Amanda, the other the four women who voted against Ozzy.) Would the Ozzy alliance have tried to bring Parvati (or perhaps Cirie) back to their side? Or would the women have gone after Amanda to try to get her to vote with them?

My best guess is that Parvati or Cirie would have flipped (don't see Amanda switching) and most likely outcome would have been a rerun of All-Stars with Ozzy/Amanda final two. Making a lot of assumptions though.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: What would have happened if Ozzy had played his idol"
Posted by michel on 05-16-08 at 09:31 PM
We know Ozzy and James would have been gunning for Parvati so that bridge would have been burned. I think Cirie and Parvati would have used Nat and Lexie to get Erik on their side. Erik probably could have been used as a tool in getting rid of James. Once James is gone, the 4 women Black Widow Brigade can resume control of the game and be the Final 4.

Barring an immunity run or another HII, I think we would have had a Parvati - Natalie Final 2, Parvati's end game positioning was that amazing. I think Parvati wins that vote hands down.

Or, maybe Cirie beats Natalie at F3, wins this and makes the majority of viewers happy.

Posted by garcor on 05-18-08 at 00:05 AM
Given the success Erik and Amanda had in challenges, could see Ozzy making a run at winning every challenge. Forgot that idol would have been reburied, so available for finding and use.

Posted by XXL Survivor on 05-18-08 at 09:10 AM
variation of the question:
What if Erik was smart enough to just keep the immunity idol (which would have resulted in Natalie getting voted out that time). Then (assumption here) Erik wins remaining two immunity challenges.

Who is voted out from final four?
Who is voted out from final three??
Who wins in FC vote pitting Erik vs. the lone remaining female (Parv, Amanda, or Cirie)?

Posted by michel on 05-19-08 at 11:42 AM
"What if Erik was smart enough"

Erik, smart? Now, that's a leap!

Anyway, Amanda and Cirie have all the Faves votes, enough to win against Erik. Parvati doesn't have all the Faves votes but she takes Nat and Lexie from Erik and beats him also.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 05-19-08 at 09:24 AM
Hmmm...I like these. So we pick up at 8, Ozzy is idol-less, Jason is bounced, and we have us a game.

Episode 11: The idol is re-hidden, and Natalie sends James to Exile in Jason's place. James finds the idol, but it's all for naught; both Parvati and Cirie flip back, fearing a tie, and after Ozzy knocks off Erik, Natalie goes.
6 votes Natalie: Amanda, Cirie, Erik, James, Ozzy, Parvati
2 votes Ozzy: Alexis, Natalie

Episode 12: The idol dies with James, as James is taken from the game with an injured finger. I've got to give this one to Erik, and without and idol, the threatening Ozzy is a victim of a blindside - maybe. Still fearing a tie, Cirie and Alexis try to recruit Erik to blindside Ozzy. Ozzy, however, has Amanda in his back pocket, and while Parvati may be in, "girl power" doesn't necessarily take over as Ozzy pulls a move to get Alexis out. Knowing that Erik won't flip, since he idolizes Ozzy and Natalie isn't around, the others fall in line, and out goes Alexis.
5 votes Alexis: Amanda, Cirie, Erik, Ozzy, Parvati
1 vote Ozzy: Alexis

Episode 13: Super-fan Erik wins reward, but the digging goes to Ozzy. Ozzmanda is another Romber situation - clearly. But they have a secret weapon - Erik's naivete. They can go one of two ways - Erik's an immunity threat or Cirie's a final vote threat. Erik's ripe for a blunder, only this time, it's not an epic one, just a minor one. Parvati, OTOH, may have committed a major one in leaving the idol behind.
3 votes Parvati: Amanda, Erik, Ozzy
2 votes Amanda: Cirie, Parvati

Episode 14: The ladders come down to Erik against Ozzy. Amanda puts up a fight, but she can't contend with the guys, and Cirie's completely boned. Banking on a final three, it doesn't really matter who wins as long as it's not Erik. If Erik wins, a tiebreak between Ozzy and Cirie puts Cirie out, and a 3-1 vote against Cirie puts her out. Otherwise, Amanda and Cirie agree to ditch Erik - this being the likelier scenario.
3 votes Erik: Amanda, Cirie, Ozzy
1 vote Ozzy: Cirie

Final Challenge: Ozzy said in his post-boot interview that his shoulders were what kept him from winning the barrel immunity challenge. I can't imagine him winning this one. Amanda won it in real life, and she would cast the same vote.
1 vote Amanda: Cirie

Final TC: A potential repeat of the Romber TC, only without the bitterness. Ozzy is chided for his arrogance, and Amanda chokes completely. Natalie and Alexis both vote Amanda, and I imagine Parvati does the same, but the other five go for Ozzy, and by playing the idol when he really didn't, he would have won a million bucks. And I could say I called it first.

GO RED WINGS!

Posted by michel on 05-19-08 at 11:32 AM
"Episode 11: both Parvati and Cirie flip back..."

We didn't stay long on the same path!