URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4756
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Hidden immunity idol history (finders and users)"

Posted by XXL Survivor on 05-14-08 at 08:41 AM
Can anyone fill in the blanks below (or make corrections if applicable) on the hidden immunity idol history?

S11-Guatemala: the first hidden immunity idol was used but was hidden in full access to everyone (i.e., no Exile island) so all had an opportunity to seek and find. Gary Hogeboom (ex Cowboy QB) found the idol, and he did make use of it at the right time (i.e., he would have been eliminated had he not used it at that TC).

S12: Terry finds it on Exile Island. However, he goes on a immunity challenge winning streak that takes him all the way to the final 3, so the idol never gets utilized.

S13: Yul finds it on Exile Island. I just cannot remember if he ever made use of it or if he gave it to Becky or anything.

S14: Yau Man finds it and puts a fake in its place. Who found the fake? Did they use it? Did Yau give the real one to Dreamz? I can't quite remember.

S15: Todd finds it, but gives it to James who also finds the other one. James despite having both, never uses either. Meanwhile, the blond girl (name?) finds a fake (not sure if it was planted or just a different part of something she misunderstood). She tried to use it to save herself thinking it was real but it was not - much laughter ensued.

S16: No need to fill in this one.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Hidden immunity idol history (finders and users)"
Posted by miracle1969mets on 05-14-08 at 09:52 AM
Additions

S13. Yul never gave it away. They also allowed him to use it into F4, benefiting him into the finals. Though, I'm sure there would have been a F4 tie and he's have beaten Sundra in Fire Making anyway.

S14. 1)There was a hidden immunity in each camp. Alex and Mookie found the other one together. They and Edgardo shared it and Alex played it at F9 Tribal Council.
2)Yau Man used his idol at F6 Tribal Council
3)It got rehidden and Earl found it and unnecessarily played it at F5 Tribal Council, last one it could be played.

S15. Jamie was pretty sure it was fake, supposedly, but knew she was getting voted for. So like Eliza, nothing to lose by playing it.

S16. 1)Ozzy Found idol. Failed to play it at F9 Tribal and got voted out.
2)Jason Found it. Failed to play it at F8 Tribal and got voted out.
3)Amanda found it and used it to save elimination at F6.
4)Parvati CLAIMED in an interview she found the last hidden idol, just to find it, but left it on Exile. Frankly I don't believe her, so I'll say just the 3 uses.

Posted by XXL Survivor on 05-14-08 at 03:52 PM
That's right. The others tricked Alex into thinking the vote would go against him, he plays it but they vote Edgardo out instead.

I forgot about Earl playing it unnecessarily.

Did anyone ever try to use the fake one Yau planted? Did anyone even find it? I can't remember.

Posted by Aruba on 05-14-08 at 08:28 PM
No one found the fake HII Yauman planted. I believe with all the switching of camps no one ever went back to the area where Yauman planted the fake.

S12...although Terry did not technically use the HII, it did come in play. There was only one IC Terry did not win that season. He was at risk for that one TC, but no one casted a vote for him because everyone knew he had the HII and Terry's vote alone would have booted a player out by the rules of the HII that season. No one wanted to take the chance of their name being written down by Terry, so the HII did come into play for him that one time.

Posted by vince3 on 05-14-08 at 08:55 PM
I think what happened was this..... after Yau found the real HII at HelloMoto, nobody else from that tribe ended up seeing Exile Island because that episode had the Moto camp's only challenge loss and it was the Reward challenge immediately after Yau found the Idol......

The episode after that, the RavUlong boys found their HII, and then the merge went back to Moto and since both HIIs were found at that point it didn't make sense to look for an HII. Then the last HII of Fiji was hidden in a different spot away from camp, but only after both Alex and Yau used up both HIIs that were in play...... I wish they would've dug up the fake at least to present it to Yau at that reunion.......

Posted by michel on 05-14-08 at 10:09 PM
In China, the idols were in plain sight at camp. They were wooden decorative plaques on the archways in each camp:

There were 2 archways in each camp and 2 plaques on each archway so that meant 3 fake idols for each of the real ones, the ones that had bats around them as Todd said.

Jaime took one plaque that James had discarded, Jean Robert collected all three remaining fakes at Fei Long until Erik told him they weren't the real ones, that James had them.