URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4754
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Be the jury!"

Posted by coolbluepig on 05-13-08 at 12:52 PM
the seasons over. i just wonder who would you guys vote for if you were in the jury?

personally i would have voted for amanda. she was correct, she was loyal did not betray any of her alliances. played a nice strategic game.

Co0L 3luE P1g: OINK OINK...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Be the jury!"
Posted by Travel_Queen on 05-13-08 at 01:03 PM
Based on what we saw on TV including everyone's confessionals..I would say Amanda. However, based on Amanda's abysmal FTC.. I would have to say unfortunately Parvati. It was Amanda's to lose, not Parvati's to win, she won by default IMO.

TQ

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 05-13-08 at 01:51 PM
Very tough question. I do believe Paverti was the one controlling the game. Amanda was really fortunate enough that while Paverti was ok turning on Ozzy she was not willing to turn on Amanda. because if she was Amanda was a goner.

Amanda on the other hand should get more credit for winning the last two immunity challenges. She took control when she got the hidden immunity idol.

I see why the jury voted for Paverti, really Paverti only ticked off two jury members more than Paverti, but Paverti made better relationships with the others than Amanda. I really think that Amanda was more fortunate than Paverti, but it was Paverti who shaped the game.

So depending on how I felt about both I would probably say objectively Paverti played a better game than Amanda....my vote Paverti. And i wanted Amanda to win....I probably would've voted like Eliza, but could someone tell me why ELiza was so bitter at Tribal?

Posted by Estee on 05-16-08 at 02:19 PM
Based on what we saw on TV including everyone's confessionals..

I think that's the main problem. We're the BB3 jury: we've seen too much.

Posted by Spanky68 on 05-13-08 at 04:15 PM
I didn't like either of them. I thought they both played the game well, though. And I liked Amanda more than Parv.

So I would've voted Amanda if I had to vote for one of them.

Agman resized my siggie

Posted by garcor on 05-14-08 at 06:43 PM
Probably Amanda as she dominated from final six to final TC. Also I liked her, and her style of play, better than Parvati and her way of playing.

Of course, I only saw what was shown on television. I wasn't there.

Posted by Aruba on 05-14-08 at 08:33 PM
If I was on the Jury I would have voted for Amanda. She won the last two ICs and fought to make the Finals. From the F4, Parvati backed into the Finals only because Natalie is a head case and Cirie was perceived a bigger threat.

I also would tend to lean toward someone who was less deceiving and backstabbing.

Posted by PsychoKitty on 05-15-08 at 09:50 PM
I would have voted for Amanda. I wanted her to win. But she should have stood up for herself better at the FTC and taken credit for what she had done, and the immunities, etc. that she had won. She really did get passive and emotional at the end - and she just needed to suck it up and stand up for herself for ONE MORE DAY! I remember her crying out "how much is someone supposed to take!" or something like that - and she was on day 38. Just keep going silly!!! She was almost there.. .! Maybe it was an exhustion thing. But she had earned it, and she needed to tell the jury that.

- an aside - Eliza was mad because Perverty always treated her terribly, and said nasty things about her and to her face. I'm really surprised that she wound up voting for her!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by cycles2k on 05-16-08 at 02:07 AM
I would have voted for Amanda. She earned her F2 spot by finding the hidden immunity idol, winning immunity and staying true to her alliance. She did it back to back survivors.

Parvati earned nothing on her own. Her entire game involved manipulating others by being sweet to their faces while plotting their demise. I'm not a fan of that type of player or that type of individual. Sure, sure, I know it is just a game but I don't care. I like to like the winner and I don't like Parvati.

Posted by iltarion on 05-16-08 at 02:34 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-08 AT 02:36 AM (EST)

Amanda, of course... comically, Amanda won the vote on Survivor.com with 74% of the vote.
She is now probably my favorite female Survivor. She is beautiful, smart, strong, kind-hearted and loyal. What more could you want? I'm glad her and Ozzy hooked up.
I think you can make a case, even without the win that she is the best female player ever: 4 ICs, ties the record for women, 2 Finals appearances, the only Survivor ever to do that, and to do it in consecutive seasons makes it even that more impressive. I would consider that feat greater than the single feat of winning once. Parvati, in her exit interview, called her "the amazing Amanda, the fabulous manipulator."
And lastly, this great answer from Amanda's last interview-

Q: Amanda you played a game of alliance and Parvati played more of a cut-throat control game. Do you wish that you were more cut-throat?

A: (Amanda) Honestly I’m proud of the game I played. I’m not that person. If it takes that to win Survivor, then I will never win Survivor.

Here, here, girl. Props to you!!

>

Posted by garcor on 05-16-08 at 06:53 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-08 AT 07:01 AM (EST)

Still think her best trait as a player is her ability to make (whether through her own initiative or through recognition by others) alliances with other smart players. In two successive seasons she has been at, or near, the center of alliances that controlled the game. Not bad for someone who describes herself as reserved. Might be my favorite player period. Liked Tracy as a player too, thought she deserved better.

Posted by michel on 05-16-08 at 02:11 PM
We can't be the jury but I would have voted the way they did.

Amanda didn't play the game until the Ozzy boot. To be consistent, some who would vote for her today should be saying she rode coat-tails! Amanda followed Ozzy in all his decisions, most notably booting Ami even if she wanted Erik gone for throwing her on her "friggin' head". Even at F6, she wanted Nat gone but let Parvati decide! Once Amanda started playing, she became an instant target, saved only because Burnett suffers from Hidden Immunity Idol Fixation. Sure, she won 2 ICs but it's just as bad that she needed to win those 2 ICs in judging someone in this social game.

Parvati played her own game from day #1, forced to do so by Jonathan's antagonism. She made the alliances and formed the Black Widow Brigade that was key to the season. Yes, Cirie proposed the Ozzy boot and Cirie would have made a great winner but Parvati was the one at risk in that move. Parvati was also the one that positioned herself so well that she didn't need the Final IC wins. Her position was so good that, even if Burnett had decided that 2 idols were more than enough, or if Amanda hadn't found the 3rd, Parvati was still favored to go to the end with Alexis and Natalie. That's a pretty amazing game.

For those who said that she was lazy at Exile Island, Eliza reported this little gem: "Parvati did find the HII at Exile but did not bring it back to camp because she had promised Natalie she would give it to her if she found it and she knew if Erik won immunity, she wouldn't want to give Nat the HII. It was smart of her to not bring it back."

PS: I hope they find a cure for Hidden Immunity Idol Fixation before going to Gabon because it's ridiculous at times.

Posted by Estee on 05-16-08 at 02:20 PM
PS: I hope they find a cure for Hidden Immunity Idol Fixation before going to Gabon because it's ridiculous at times.

Look -- they stole the color scheme, some of the names, and about a dozen direct winks at the camera. I can't help it if they didn't steal that part too.

Posted by iltarion on 05-17-08 at 01:58 AM
Parvati actually said herself in her last interview that she found the HII. Eliza probably got the info from the FTC. If Parvati said that at FTC, that makes it even more likely that it is a lie, which would be funny because everyone said Parvati said she was so honest during FTC.
I'm not trying to rip any more on Parvati. Frankly, I'm growing tired of it. But I suspect it is a lie because 1) she has proven capable of doing so and 2) if it is the truth it makes no sense. If she had promised Natalie she was going to give it to her if she found it, and yet she had no intention of giving it to Natalie, then why look for it? Just doesn't make a lot of sense, does it? Maybe Parv was just bored. I guess that could be it.

>

Posted by michel on 05-17-08 at 03:15 AM
No, that had to come out only at the party, after the votes were read.

Posted by CTgirl on 05-16-08 at 05:51 PM
As a viewer, I wanted Amanda to win; but now that the dust has settled, if I were on the jury, I'd probably vote for Parvati. For me, the highlight of her game was taking out Ozzy and I would have appreciated that if I was already on the jury and would have benefited from it if I wasn't.

Amanda would have gotten my vote if I was in a tight alliance with her. As a viewer though, Parvati deserved to win.

Setup by Tribe

Posted by garcor on 05-16-08 at 08:24 PM
Based on Parvati's assessment of Amanda as a "fabulous manipulator" I suspect Amanda could have blown Todd or Parvati's games out of the water if she really wanted to. She sure manipulated the heck out of three different people at final six. But looking at her play before final six and at final TC, I think Amanda is ambivalent about using, or admitting to, her ability to manipulate people. She'll use it at a lower level, to make an alliance with other smart players and suggest voting out threats as necessary but doesn't want to commit to fully playing the game, with all the ethical complications involved. Probably makes her a better person, but not quite as good a player as Todd or Parvati.

As to Cirie's decision to vote for Parvati as a way to get back at Amanda, I believe it. Figure many jurors vote for reasons they don't want to own up to later. Do think that Eliza's voting for Parvati says something. Sure don't believe it was done out of friendship.

Posted by sol on 05-18-08 at 10:12 PM
My vote would have definitely gone to Parv.

As far as I was concerned Amanda lost it on the second to last TC, just like last season. In China Todd planted a seed in the jurors minds about Amanda before the FTC, and, at very least, it seemed to rattle Amanda - Todd tried to explain what he 'meant' back at camp, but was clearly playing her by then. She had no answer for it and performed abysmally at FTC.

This season she asked Cirie why she (Cirie) felt she was at the bottom of the totem pole. Cirie gave her an answer - an honest answer - Amanda didn't like the answer so she argued with Cirie. At that moment she lost my vote. When you ask someone what they are thinking/feeling, you can't tell them they shouldn't have those thoughts or feelings. You need to listen to them, acknowledge those thoughts/feelings, and communicate. Amanda didn't communicate, and communicating is the social aspect of the game.

As mentioned by someone, Parv didn't need to win any ICs, she was playing the game better than Amanda ... and was better than Amanda throughout the 39 days.

Posted by suzzee on 05-20-08 at 12:14 PM
I so would have given Cirie the nod. I thought she made the most of her talents while compensating for her physical shortcomings. She would have gotten my fan vote for the $100,000 as well.