URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4745
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Best Season In Ages!"

Posted by dabo on 05-12-08 at 01:15 AM
Jeff said at reunion word was many fans are calling FvF best season since season 1. I wouldn't go that far but it was a great season with plenty of memorable moments and characters.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Best Season In Ages!"
Posted by garcor on 05-12-08 at 06:43 AM
I liked Cook Islands the best. To me, either Australia or this season were right behind it.

Posted by XXL Survivor on 05-12-08 at 08:08 AM
I didn't find this season to be any more than average. I didn't find it so compelling to watch a couple of reasonably smart people take advantage and manipulate a few other really dumb people.

Posted by nailbone on 05-12-08 at 09:32 AM
I agree. I didn't see much of season 1, but I really loved season 2. This one comes in second to season 2 for me. And not so much for watching smart people manipulate dumb people, but for pure entertainment value. Seeing James reaction to the dumb people was worth the price of admission alone.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 05-12-08 at 10:37 AM
Yeah, I don't know where Jeff got that one. I thought this might have been one of the worst seasons....the worst being Vanuutu. After watching Vanuutu I was on the verge of writing the series off. The following season redeemed the show.

Posted by Spanky68 on 05-13-08 at 00:06 AM
I agree with my twin that this season was one of the best in a LONG time. Like Boner, I got hooked on Survivor in Season 2 and would put this one up there with Australia. The thing I liked about FvF was the blindsides and the surprises. Plus, it was very physical, for those peeps who liked blood with their reality TV.

Agman resized my siggie

Posted by aquariaqueen on 05-12-08 at 10:48 AM
I rank this in the top 3, that's for sure...

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

Posted by mia rules18 on 05-12-08 at 11:01 AM
It was one of the best for me...it started off a little shaky, but I enjoyed the fans vs. favorites concept, and definately some memorable moments!

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 05-12-08 at 11:15 AM
In terms of entertainment, it had its moments. It's no Cook Islands, but it was pretty good. I'd say that this, along with Pearl Islands and Guatemala, are perhaps the four best seasons.

GO RED WINGS!

Posted by JessicaRN on 05-12-08 at 12:37 PM
I really liked it. It started kind of slow, but they always do. I think it helped to already know some of the people, because there is always those first few weeks when you don't know anyone, don't really care about anyone and can't even remember them all. This was the first time when my mouth would drop at TC.

I do think that Gabon could be cool, just to watch the scenery in HD.

Posted by CattyChat on 05-12-08 at 12:45 PM
I really enjoyed this season a lot, but Survivor is my favo reality show and I wear rose-colored glasses when it comes to Survivor.

I'd rank this way up among my faves: Cook Islands, China, Outback, Borneo, Panama.

For me, the only terrible seasons were: Fiji & Thailand

There were some meh seasons; but, for me, even bad Survivor is worth watching once and the great seasons are worth buying the DVDs and watching a few times.

I'll watch until the very last episode, which I hope is waaay into the future

Posted by Aruba on 05-12-08 at 12:53 PM
Jeff wants to continue to be gamefully employed as the host for Survivor...I would expect him to say nothing less.

Two-thirds into this season Skank-ivor: Micronesia was dead last on my season ranking list. Although it did finish up much better than it started so I would still keep Thailand and Pearl Islands on the bottom, but Skank-ivor: Micronesia is pretty far down there on my list.

Posted by mrc on 05-12-08 at 01:05 PM
It would be helpful to have a list of the seasons, with the winners and notable features and contestants listed, to help us have some perspective.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 05-12-08 at 01:25 PM
I liked the fans vs favorites concept. I just don't like the way it played out. The more interesting favorites got eliminated first. As for the favorites they took out the strong first and left the weak. Then it was the whole women are smarter than men thing. Really just because it all played out that way this season doesn't mean in real life one sex is smarter than the other, but the theme here was women are smarter. "Erik did you learn a life lesson here?" I honestly think these women (Parev, Nat, Cirie) truly believe women are smarter than men. From that standpoint I rank this season just about Vanuutu which was the stinker of all seasons.

Posted by Brownroach on 05-12-08 at 01:47 PM
I like the concept, too -- it was better than AllStars.

The more interesting favorites got eliminated first.

I think probably there is no way to avoid that when you bring people back. Interestingly, the winners here and in All Stars were people who were not perceived to have much game the first time around and were able to use that perception to their advantage (Jeff even compared Parvati to Amber before the show).

Bleauin' ze bleus eaué, coeurtesie oeuf agmanne

Posted by mia rules18 on 05-12-08 at 01:56 PM
I think if they ever do another all stars/prior contestants, they should do a "Good guys" vs. "Bad guys theme"
They did a similar show with Real World/Road Rules challenge, it was cute.

Posted by samboohoo on 05-12-08 at 02:41 PM
I too liked the concept. I would like to see something similar with more of a "masters" theme. Fans who are true students/masters as opposed to fans who are worshipping the favorites vs. very strategic past players.

Tribe is pushing up my daisies!

Posted by CTgirl on 05-12-08 at 03:19 PM
I liked the idea and I liked this season (it was my favorite since Cook Islands) but I did imagine that it would be a fans tribe made up of people like Todd and not a tribe made up of people like Kathy and Erik!

Setup by Tribe

Posted by Aruba on 05-12-08 at 03:32 PM

>I honestly think these women (Parev, Nat,
>Cirie) truly believe women are smarter than men.

In defense of Cirie I believe she more or less confirmed that she really doesn't think that when she appropriately admitted what the women pulled on Jason and Erik would have never worked on Penner. I'm sure she would have said the same about Yauman too.

Natalie is a sick woman in need of some serious therapy so who cares what she thinks. If she ever walked into a psychologist's office she should have a cash register strapped to her back...she (and her many "layers") would be a goldmine for any therapist.

And Pervati should have a mattress strapped to her back as she probably could care less about the head that holds the brain.

What this season reinforced is what most already know...that women are smarter than boys.

Posted by Max Headroom on 05-12-08 at 02:59 PM
This season wasn't close to my favorite season. But I've been burnt out on Survivor for a while now.

Posted by Ontheroadagain on 05-12-08 at 09:44 PM
Must say I agree that FvF was one of the better seasons. I'd rank it in the top 5 along with Borneo, Pearl Islands, Guatamala and the Outback.

Posted by iltarion on 05-13-08 at 03:22 AM
It was a top 5 season until the Finale. If Amanda wins it might even be Top 3 for me, along with Cook and Outback, but having Parvati win is kind of like Darth Vader shooting down Luke at the end of the first Star Wars. It just ruins it for me.

>