URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4743
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #13"

Posted by Aruba on 05-09-08 at 06:31 PM
Thanks to everyone who participated this season!!!

Well at least this F4 is not as bad as Pearl Islands, nevertheless this season can't end soon enough. Right now I'm 50/50 on whether I'll watch Survivor again. If I give it one more season the casting department better WOW me with players who possess half a brain and show more than 5th grade athletic ability...otherwise Adios! Once again the first 50 minutes led to a predictable TC for me, although with this episode I agree showing what a dumba$$ Erik was leading to his non-surprising exit was necessary.

1) CIRIE (3,1,1,5,7,11,12,14,14,4,12) - She gets top billing for purposely making Gnatalie's ugly face freak out and getting her wound up. That was great! She also performed surprisingly well in the challenges. Forrest Gump's mamma said "Stupid is as Stupid does". Now THAT is far more appropriate quote for this season than what your mother told you. If yo mamma is whispering in your ear right now, you better use your noggin to vote out Amanda to make you the odds on favorite to win.

2) AMANDA (2,2,6,8,8,10,11,7,10,16,16) - It's her million to lose. HMMM...where have we heard that one before? Oh Yeah; last season at final TC in China. Fortunately for her, there's no Todd or anyone close to a legitimate "Survivor" who could be sitting next to her. If she goofs THIS one up (assuming she makes the F3) Erik's debacle may be short-lived.

3) NATALIE (6,7,8,7,9,8,9,9,8,8,9) - OK, I now understand her attitude in the confessional they previewed last week. If I overheard someone backstabbing me I might want to slap them like their momma too. At least she thanked Erik for being so stupid. That momentary smidget of appreciation prevented me from ranking her last. Conventional wisdom would dictate she's a shoo-in for the Finals, but conventional wisdom has been hard to come by this season. So you better compete your butt off at the last IC if you want to finish 3rd.

4) PARVATI (5,6,4,9,10,9,13,12,13,16,18) - Watching her lay on the beach at EI sickened me. I realize she thought she was safe, but not even try to put out optimum effort for something thousands of people would kill to do...and she gets a second chance! The real sad part about that is Parvati and females like her can live their lives that way...taking an easy out. Use their skanky looks to jump all over some CEOs W-2 form, be an executive wife, and live their lives spending the day doing what Parvati did on EI. How sad; how pathetic.

BOOTED) ERIK (4,5,3,3,1,4,8,6,6,1,3) - From an intellectual and mental capacity standpoint, that was the dumbest move ever. As far as the "game" is concerned it was the difference between finishing 5th and finishing 3rd at best...Whoopi! Actually I'm glad it happened. Maybe now the executives at CBS could get a REAL casting crew to select REAL players for "Survivor". IMHO the future of the show depends on it.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #13"
Posted by PsychoKitty on 05-09-08 at 07:44 PM
Great comments Aruba! I especially agree about Parvati - to not even try to find the idol was complete hubris.

1. Cirie - I've always felt she didn't deserve to win - what with her fear of leaves, etc. (her fears and limits of what she will do just drive me mad!!!!), but last night was just brilliant. And based on that alone - she deserves the million in my book. I don't think she'll get all the way there, but she deserves the chance. Can't wait to see what happens Sunday!

2. Amanda - I just like her better than the others. Though she is so bland this season. I loved her trump last week - that was great. So I'm holding out for her. She did a good job helping Cirie goad Natalie into action too. Actually with her and Cerie in the final two - that might make for an interesting FTC!

3. Perverty - I just can't stand her. She is acting so superior and is such a slut. But she's a world class athelete and socially and mentally superior compared to number 4!

4. Batalie - Yeech!!!! I wish they had gotten rid of her. I hate the fact she has a chance at FTC. Hopefully she won't make it. But I guess while they had the votes to get rid of Erik, they had to do it then, rather than risk him winning another immunity. I just hope the next challenge doesn't involve guns again - she was a pretty good shot!

Pagonged: Erik - The last male standing, or was it drooling? Gawd, what an awful mistake! And so obvious! Didn't he see the jury and his tribe laughing before the vote?! Unbelievable!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by Aruba on 05-09-08 at 09:36 PM
Hey PsychoKitty...you're the second post I read today about a F2. Did I miss something??? If they go back to a F2 this defintely puts Pervati back into the running being able to take a perfect goat (Gnatalie) to the Finals.

Well now...I may be able to refer to this season as Skank-ivor: Micronesia afterall. LOL

My math tells me that would put eight players in the Jury. That's nuts.

Posted by bostonrobfan on 05-09-08 at 10:26 PM
This week I've got to go with:

1. Natalie- for convincing Erik to give up the necklace
2. Cirie- for suggesting the idea to Natalie
3. Amanda- see Parvati
4. Parvati- last for not even trying to find the HII. You need to at least try to find it, just in case they all change their minds back at camp and decide to vote you off.

Posted by Zimbochick on 05-10-08 at 02:14 AM
1) CIRIE - Excellent social game. I would love to know how she is not ticking people off as she flip-flops her way into the finals, but whatever works. I really hope she wins.

2) AMANDA - Also a great social player, not being too vocal, and not having made many enemies. I would be okay about her winning.

3) PARVATI - It's a long time since I've seen any so blatantly prostitute themselves on the show. She has lost lots of credibility, so I think the top 2 are hoping to be up against her in the finals.

4) NATUGLY - She is manipulative, but her game sucks, as does her personality.

Posted by iltarion on 05-10-08 at 03:14 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-08 AT 03:15 AM (EST)

Hilarious comments about Parvati, Aruba. Personally, I have found the stretch run this season to be pretty entertaining. The Fave women have really lived up to their name and showed some great game play. I do think everyone should keep in mind their foil though. I said weeks ago that Natalie probably could have talked Jason into giving her the idol; so no, suggesting Natalie talk Erik into giving up immunity was far from genius. Jason and Erik were just that easy to manipulate.

1. Amanda - I put her first because she is my favorite for the million, period. I like her best and also think she has the best chance. However, I also felt that way going to the China FTC. While we worship Cirie and Natalie's power of persuasion, let's remember that Amanda had talked Erik into bringing her on reward immediately after roasting him at TC. She was looking good though so I don't blame Erik. I would have brought her on reward too.
2. Cirie - Moves in front of Parvati not only in game play assessment but also in chance to win. I got a kick out of her messing with Natalie, though her confessionals did reveal a sort of mean-spirited side of her. I guess I thought Natalie deserved it though. I now think she has a better chance than Parvati to win, if she makes the Finals, which I think is likely. I see the 3 Faves sticking together for the Finals. However, if Natalie wins immunity, then Cirie is in trouble because I still think Parvati and Amanda voting together.
3. Parvati - I agree that the refusal to search for the HI was pure laziness on her part. If she would have done better at the IC, thanks to reserved energy, then it would be different. She did her part in the coercion of Erik, but otherwise, this was a fairly quiet episode for her. Ever since the Ozzy boot was blamed on her, she has taken a backseat to Amanda and Cirie.
4. Natalie - I think she has a negligible chance to win this. She is the likely boot if she does not win immunity at F4. Cirie's confessionals when they were alone indicated that the Faves plan on sticking together, as does Parvati's confidence. Though Amanda might be the biggest jury threat, if you think about it, an F3 with Amanda, Parvati and Cirie means there will be 4 Fans on the jury. I think that gives Cirie and Parvati a decent shot to win if they can have the better FTC. An F2 gives Natalie no shot at all to win, while helping the odds for Cirie and Parvati. I do give Natalie enough credit to get her normal name back because she thanked Erik after her vote, which is one of the few decent moments we've seen of her. And also because the shot of her bent over while digging during IC was the best of the season.

Foo-
Erik - Dude was just WAY out of his element. Though not a student of the game, clearly, he was a true FAN. I get that. His blunder will be blamed on his age. He will get over it.

>

Posted by iltarion on 05-10-08 at 03:46 AM
Oh, and one more thing, Cirie's comments after her vote, including her whisper "touch the stove" is one of my favorite moments in Survivor history. Everyone should know I am not a huge Cirie fan, but that was simply awesome.

>

Posted by garcor on 05-10-08 at 08:50 AM
1) Erik - for ensuring a fourth straight entertaining episode. Shouldn't he have sent Natalie to Exile to search for the idol while taking Cirie on reward to try to talk her into voting with Erik and Natalie? He did make it a lot further than he should have.

2) Cirie - for the outrageousness of the idea to talk Erik into giving up immunity.

3) Amanda - for continuing her Erik manipulation from the previous episode, convincing him he owed her for voting against her. Also worked for her because ensured she would not become target again that week.

4) Natalie - for her honest assessment of Cirie's idea and her making it work (with plenty of help) anyway.

5) Parvati - for lying on the beach on exile island.

Posted by michel on 05-10-08 at 03:38 PM
1 - Cirie (12,1,4,10,5,6,4,2,2,3): Possibly the best strategist ever. The idea to get Erik to give the necklace was something, working out the details to make it a workable plan was the genius.

2 - Amanda (4,4,5,11,7,8,7,7,5,7,5,1): Erik didn't stand a chance. Very impressive performance at Tribal.

3 - Parvati (3,2,2,2,3,3,1,1,1,1,1,2): She got the ball rolling at Tribal. Taking a break from the game doesn't matter since she's playing the game in stages and we are not yet at the jury stage.

4 - Natalie (16,12,11,12,12,9,8,8,8,3,4,4): Perfect tool for the real players.

Lobotomized, Eviscerated and Emasculated - Erik (18,16,15,15,14,11,10,9,8,7,5): My first thought was Ami's final words to him: "You're going to have so much fun". It didn't look like fun but he seems to be looking at the bright side. That's something.

Posted by Aruba on 05-11-08 at 09:21 AM
Should I give up on Survivor, the one thing I'll miss is your humorous posts...

Before you throw out superlatives like "best", "genius", etc., let's please put this in persepctive. You need to assess the competition (or lack of it for that matter).

If I participate in a pick-up basketball game with a bunch of 7 and 8 year olds, I can assure you that my performance in relation to the competition would not be nothing short of "phenomenal". Should I dub myself the greatest athlete or consider myself a lottery pick for the next NBA draft??? HARDLY!!!

As for "taking a break" from "playing the game"...allow me to say this for the ump-teenth time..."You are, who you are, who you are". Let's face it; for those fortunate enough to be selected for Survivor (and a few even more fortunate to be selected for a second time), Survivor is a 39-day extention of one's life. OF ONE'S LIFE being the operative prepositional phrase here. Let's not offer a meager attempt of sef-preservation for a pathetic individal's shortcoming(s) by copping out the excuse of just "playing the game".

Posted by michel on 05-11-08 at 12:41 PM
So, in your own life, you've never taken a vacation?

Posted by Aruba on 05-11-08 at 03:57 PM
I have taken several planned vacations. But I never "vacation" while I am working in the office.

But I see where you are going with this which is why I will always consider it pathetic when prima donnas and individuals with no work ethic will view their time on Survivor as an elaborate "vacation"...and others who are lazy and inept will use Survivor as some kind of fat farm to lose the weight they gained by being a couch potatoe (only to gain it back and then some within a year). As I stated in my initial post...How sad; How pathetic!

Posted by michel on 05-11-08 at 04:40 PM
It was a planned vacation! Cirie, Amanda and Parvati all planned on getting Erik to send Parvati to EI.

Posted by CTgirl on 05-11-08 at 12:31 PM
1. Cirie – She was a master manipulator this week. She played head games with Natalie and then set the wheels in motion to bamboozle Erik.

2. Amanda – She is playing a different end game this time and being much more proactive strategically. She played Erik like a violin, got Parvati exiled so that Natalie or Erik wouldn’t find the idol and won an invitation for a reward. Not bad for a week’s work!

3. Natalie – Another great acting job in getting Erik to give up his immunity necklace.

4. Parvati – Sunbathing on Exile Island was a little too complaisant for me.

Booted: Erik: oh man, what can I say? What a naďve one, but he had the time of his life.

Setup by Tribe

Posted by cycles2k on 05-12-08 at 01:09 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-08 AT 01:12 AM (EST)

Oops, forgot to vote and I have already watched the final but here goes (no spoiler, I promise)

1) Amanda (2,2,4) - One of the best players, IMO and the only one who deserved F4

2) Cirie (4,4,3) - I like her but I don't think she deserved F4.

3) Parvati (3,5,6) - Aruba's comment about Parvati was not kind but I agree with it. She is not last on my list because that is reserved for Natalie. I do wish they they had gotten rid of Parvati early in the season because I think it would have been much more enjoyable without her.

4) Natalie (6,7,8): - Beauty is only skin dip. For Natalie, the ugliness goes right through.

Booted) Erik (5,3,5): - Poor kid. Hope he learned what he needed to learn and hope he gets a chance to redeem himself.