URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4737
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Erik is an idiot"

Posted by hefgypsy on 05-08-08 at 09:19 PM
They said it best at tribal.
The stupidest move in Survivor history.
Ciree deserves to win.
Everyone keeps giving props to Amanda but as I see it, Ciree is running the show.
What a great player - not strong in the challenges but brilliant in the "game play".

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Erik is an idiot"
Posted by aquariaqueen on 05-08-08 at 09:54 PM
Thoroughly agree.......Cirie to win!!!

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

Posted by garcor on 05-08-08 at 10:02 PM
They're both deserving. My question is which one gets voted out if Natalie wins the next IC. Figure no one will target Parvati.

That was so pathetic its hard to give credit to anyone. Erik asked for it last time when he didn't come back at Amanda by pointing out it was Ozzy who saved him, not her. Was on the defensive ever since. Seems he was overwhelmed by having to compete against his heroes. They're reality show contestants Erik.

Posted by iltarion on 05-09-08 at 02:50 AM
I agree that Amanda, Cirie and Parvati all deserve to win. They have played amazing strategical games. I would say Cirie has played the best strategical game except I think she has been TOO far behind the scenes. In a Final 3, it is difficult to win if the jury can't give you credit for the moves you've made. Cirie is looking at being in a F3 with either Parvati or Amanda now, no way around that, and I'm not sure she'll get strategical credit over either of them.
I will admit she could win if she could play the "fish-outta-water-makes-Finals" card and wins the majority of the Fans.
Basically, this is wide open right now. I would give Amanda the slight edge, but she is the nearly sure boot if Natalie wins Immunity. And Parvati or Cirie could still beat her by outplaying her during the FTC.

>

Posted by nailbone on 05-09-08 at 10:21 AM
except I think she has been TOO far behind the scenes

Exactly. She comes up with the plans, but has others execute them. That may determine who ultimately gets credit/blame.

Posted by jbug on 05-09-08 at 10:26 AM
Hopefully Cirie remembers to tell the jury she has overcome her fear of leaves,,,,,,, that should get her something, right?

Tribe shakes me

Posted by grit on 05-10-08 at 01:06 PM
But if she makes F2, all she has to do is tell members of the jury that she was the mastermind behind a lot of the moves. If she reminds everyone that she set things into motion and how she did it and why, they may respect that enough to vote for her.

She just needs to be forthcoming about everything - "I came here to win a million dollars and did what I needed to do." I think the jury members can respect that approach. Lots of times a finalist gets in front of the jury and acts ashamed or tries to apologize for their actions which weakens them in front of the jury.

Posted by Lucid on 05-10-08 at 05:46 AM
First post!

I speculate that one of Cirie's key points in the game was right at the beginning - by being the sole architect of the Yauman boot, she showed from early one she was calling the shots in some capacity, so that lends weight to an argument that she has done so all along despite a lack of visibility. Argued well, she could definitely argue that her play was superior because she did so without anyone noticing and got the whole way.

Compare to Parvati who has burned some people on the way, and Amanda who only just showed up a couple of weeks ago. Cirie has arguably been more influential.

Posted by garcor on 05-10-08 at 02:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-08 AT 02:09 PM (EST)

If Amanda wins she owes some thanks to Parvati, Cirie, Alexis and Natalie for moving out Ozzy without her vote or knowledge. She was hemmed in playing the dutiful wife to his tribal patriarch. Unlikely she would have been able to beat him at final TC but if she had turned on him she would have alienated him and likely James as well. (Not sure Amanda would have as it doesn't seem her style, while Parvati was willing to turn Ozzy and James into enemies to improve her chances.) While Ozzy's boot made her a target as well it also freed her to make her own moves without needing Ozzy's agreement. It's worked for her so far.

Posted by CattyChat on 05-10-08 at 01:24 PM
Meh, I've never been impressed with Cirie. Sure, she comes up with some snarky zingers in her confessionals, but she only makes it as far as she does because she is of zero threat to anyone, seriously. She couldn't win a challenge to save her life. In two seasons, she still doesn't even get into the spirit of "Survivor," i.e. surviving. She complains about everything.

Sure, she might be good at strategizing, but her butt is never on the line, up until now, because everyone knows they could beat her and get rid of her whenever they want to. Cirie is an extra vote to have, if you have her in your alliance.

If Cirie actually tried and was a teeny bit competitive in challenges and did stuff to "survive" and contribute to camp, I'd be able to root for her. But, she is just a couch potato removed from her own couch to a tree stump. Whoop-dee-do. I'm not impressed.

Posted by iltarion on 05-11-08 at 03:56 AM
here, here, Catty. I agree with much of what you say. Cirie has proven herself to be a great strategical player, and making two F4s is impressive, only Amanda has done better. But I will never say that Cirie is an all time great player. Put her on Morgan, and she might be the first to go. Put her on Casaya without Bruce joining them, have them lose one more challenge, and she is gone. Her challenge weakness and tendency to freelance and play the swing vote rather than making alliances early makes her very vulnerable to being among the first boots. If circumstances allow her to make merge, those same attributes nearly assure her of a deep run.

Also, it is contradictory that such praise of Cirie is within a thread of this title. Cirie herself said Erik "is a smart guy."

>

Posted by Aruba on 05-11-08 at 09:46 AM
I'll second Iltarion's thoughts. Strategy is such an open-ended term with Survivor because there are SO many ways to participate in the show. My contention all along has been Cirie could arguably be the best "opportunist" ever. This certainly is part of strategy but not enough to deem her the greatest "strategist" ever.

The only unfortunate part of this game is the fact that many castaways have won by losing. I know it sounds like an oxymoron, but it all comes down to casting and I've never hid my feelings about what a pathetic job the production and cast crew does for this show.

If you don't get rid of a weak, inept player like Cirie within the first 10 days, they pretty much can punch their ticket to the F4.

Posted by XXL Survivor on 05-11-08 at 10:13 AM
Cirie deserves props for this quality:

Cirie is able to tell others what to do, the others do it, and then think it was their idea. Basicaly she has done that this entire game.