URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4733
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Parvati voted person who thinks they're in control, but isn't"

Posted by garcor on 05-02-08 at 00:01 AM
When Parvati was voted as person who thinks she is in control, but isn't, who did the other people think was in charge?

Cirie? Don't think so, as she was still talking about preserving the girls alliance after James had been medically removed from game. Shouldn't Cirie have been thinking a little farther ahead then that when only one guy remains? Parvati did. And Amanda did. Perhaps they meant Alexis?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Parvati voted person who thinks they're in control, but isn't"
Posted by dabo on 05-02-08 at 00:28 AM
Four votes formed a simple majority, the least votes needed was two if the other five split five ways. James, call it as he sees it, probably gave a truthful answer for Parvati. Amanda and Cirie both have an interest in keeping Parvati out front but needing them to have her back, probably also gave truthful answers for Parvati. It only takes one more to seal the deal, or the other four votes may have split 2 and 2.

Who do they think is in charge for real? No one. Each of them is a free agent, no one actually controls anyone else.

SMILES ARE FREE

Posted by iltarion on 05-02-08 at 04:14 PM
I think Parvati was the answer to "Who thinks they are in charge?" I think the second half of that question didn't really matter. People probably think either A) they are in charge or B) No one is.
Why was James the answer to "Who would you least want to invite over for dinner?" That was quite surprising.
I have to give everyone credit for how they handled the popularity challenge though. Everyone played it smart and spread it out. Good work.
I, on the other hand, give no credit for how the women acted when Erik won immunity. No one clapped when he shot down his 2nd and 3rd bottles, and when he won, there was complete silence until either Parvati or Amanda said "Nice job." Then some others joined in. I understand not wanting the guy to win, but that was just ridiculous. Try to show some sportsmanship, girls.
And props to Erik for being classy about the whole thing, which was the opposite of his foil. If any of the women were in his place, they would have celebrated a lot harder than he did.

>

Posted by michel on 05-02-08 at 05:36 PM
"Why was James the answer to "Who would you least want to invite over for dinner?" That was quite surprising."

Question of economics, I think. James can eat for 7.

The Parvati question was intriguing. When the answer was Shane in EI, we knew he was mistakenly thinking he was in charge but the editors have told us that Parvati is in charge. Again, last night, it was her choice to eliminate Alexis.

It's either good for Parvati if the other players don't see the extent of her power or it's bad if the edit is to make us falsely think she's in charge.

"Guess who's not coming to dinner?"
Posted by Karchita on 05-03-08 at 00:27 AM
Why was James the answer to "Who would you least want to invite over for dinner?" That was quite surprising.

Maybe he licks his fingers?

No one gets invited to my house who does that.

Posted by KeithFan on 05-04-08 at 10:51 AM

Instead of a bottle of wine, he'd probably bring a crock pot of boiled bat.

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-02-08 at 07:43 PM
All I can say is that I'd have been paying attention to who wrote down which name.

If you're seen as the person who "thinks they are in charge but isn't", and any of your alliance members write down your name, you'd best be paying attention.

Particularly, if those same alliance members are the ones supposedly taking direction from you.

A smokeysmom
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." - Baba Dioum

Posted by garcor on 05-02-08 at 09:38 PM
Think the James vote was because of his enjoyment of bat soup and other unusual foods.

As for Parvati, think there was a message and she got it. She was left back at camp after the reward challenge and she was not deciding who was going home (make that wasn't supposed to decide.)

Posted by Karchita on 05-03-08 at 00:30 AM
Don't you think the ability to eat anything is a plus in a dinner guest. What if the souffle falls? Good ol' James will slurp it down.

Posted by realityfreek on 05-04-08 at 00:02 AM
I thought it was interesting that Cerie chopped Amandas rope first before anyone elses. Even Erik...If I was Amanda I would have taken note of that.

Posted by michel on 05-04-08 at 02:33 AM
Cirie distributed chops to everyone, so did James. The faves had a plan to hide their alliance, to get the immunity idol and to win the million. The fans played to win reward.

Posted by garcor on 05-04-08 at 03:01 PM
was the faves vote long term or just last episode. If long term was voting out Ozzy momentary sidetrack to get rid of a player they all knew they couldn't beat?

and if faves had a hidden alliance including Cire, why did she vote against Amanda? she must have known Amanda had the idol and once Alexis was gone faves would have a 3-2 edge and no need to trick remaining fans?

Posted by michel on 05-04-08 at 06:33 PM
At the reward challenge, they didn't want the Fans to know it was Faves vs Fans so they distributed their chops. Cirie wasn't going to vote against Amanda if James hadn't been forced out AND if Erik hadn't won immunity. Even the best plans don't always work out as expected.

Posted by Aruba on 05-04-08 at 08:11 PM

>and if faves had a hidden
>alliance including Cire, why did
>she vote against Amanda?
>she must have known Amanda
>had the idol and once
>Alexis was gone faves would
>have a 3-2 edge and
>no need to trick remaining
>fans?

Cirie did not want to run the risk of a 3-3 tie. Had that occured Cirie, Parvati, and gNatalie would be drawing for the imfamous purple rock. On Day 33 to have a 1/3 chance of leaving the game THAT way is a legitimate concern IMO.

Posted by XXL Survivor on 05-11-08 at 10:26 AM
It's funny to me how Cirie voting against Amanda that time resulted in no ill will from Amanda (while Amanda tore apart Erik for it). It seems that Cirie can do whatever she wants and not take any heat from her alliance mates on it. She appears to be the woman of teflon (nothing sticks to her). Therefore, she is in the driver's seat and will probably win (especially if Amanda is eliminated next) as the jurors are mad at Parvati and not Cirie (who si the real mastermind of the game).