URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4732
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Amanda's play"

Posted by garcor on 05-01-08 at 11:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-08 AT 09:53 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-02-08 AT 09:43 PM (EST)

Thought Amanda's play was the smartest since Yul used his II to force Jonathan to switch sides on Cook Islands. Not only did Parvati and her blindside Alexis, but Amanda took advantage of the opportunity to:

Get Cirie to promise she was only voting against her because she feared a tie. Makes it harder for Cirie to now vote against Amanda as Amanda could play this up to jury members who like Amanda and/or value loyalty.

Criticize Erik as disloyal in front of Eric's mentor Ozzy at TC.

Praise Parvati for loyalty, which is unlikely to cost Amanda votes if the two of them make final TC since Ozzy and Eliza are not voting for Parvati anyway. Also puts pressure on Parvati to not turn on the individual who is attempting to redeem her in the eyes of the jury. Praising Parvati for loyalty was also a subtle way of reminding everyone Parvati did betray her previous alliance and was about to betray her new alliance with Alexis and Natalie.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Amanda's play"
Posted by Karchita on 05-02-08 at 00:30 AM
She also did a great job of looking all sad and mopey at the prospect of getting the boot.

I loved it.

Posted by Spanky68 on 05-02-08 at 12:36 PM
I don't come to fans much. So I would love to say something deep and witty here.

But I am still smiling about the blindside and can't think of anything to say. The look on Alexis' face was priceless. And Nat looked like she'd swallowed a live toad. Hilarious.

Agman resized my siggie

Posted by Karchita on 05-03-08 at 00:04 AM
Nat always looks like she swallowed a toad. That's just her personality.

I can't help it; I'm a basher.

Posted by Spanky68 on 05-05-08 at 10:41 AM
Which leads me to wonder if anyone has ever told her that it's not a good look for her.

Agman resized my siggie

Posted by Karchita on 05-05-08 at 03:40 PM
No one still living.

Posted by Spanky68 on 05-07-08 at 01:12 PM
I can picture the look of satisfaction she'll flash as she executes the victim.

Agman resized my siggie

Posted by cycles2k on 05-02-08 at 00:57 AM
She had a lot more "game" than I thought. Her acting was excellent.

I liked the way she made Natalie, Erik and Cirie look bad too. (Well Natalie made herself look bad but Amanda made sure the jury knew about the others).

Her point about Erik was perfect.

She made it quite clear to the jury that only Parvati was voting with her, just so that they would be 100% clear that it was Cirie who voted against her. Cirie's smile at the end looked a forced. I don't think she is a happy camper.

Natalie reminded the jury that Amanda has not done a bad thing to anyone. What a moron.

Posted by dabo on 05-02-08 at 01:13 AM
Promises in Survivor aren't worth the paper they're printed on, I think Cirie was unhappy about being left out of the loop about the idol and will now be on guard.

Other than that, I agree, Amanda did great this week.

Posted by iltarion on 05-02-08 at 02:11 AM
I said this season could largely be redeemed if Amanda showed us some of that "game on" she threatened last episode.
Yes! And there it is!!
Who would believe that the episode where James is medi-vac'd off the show would also be one of the greatest Survivor episodes of all time? What an all-time performance by Amanda! She was so convincing during TC that I still wasn't sure she had found it. When she raised her hand that she had the HII, my wife and I did simultaneous fist pumps. We FINALLY see the idol used for its intended purpose. All it took was a perfect play by Amanda to work.

1) Amanda brilliantly dumps her bag back at the beach, showing everyone the plain fact that she had not found the idol and did not have it.
2) Needing a partner to pull it off without a hitch, she wisely recruits Parvati into the plan. This is the perfect choice on 3 levels- a. Parvati is wily, b. Parvati can not betray Amanda again without kissing away any chance at the million, c. this also hurts Parvati's game as she now has to betray Alexis and Batalie.
3) She uses the guilt trip on Erik to persuade him to let her know if the vote was going her way.
4) In probably the most brilliant move of all, as insightfully noted earlier in this thread, Amanda gets Cirie to swear that she would work with Amanda and Parvati to the end "if the situation were different." This means Cirie now must stick by Amanda or lose Amanda's vote and risk Amanda swaying other jury members by bringing it up at FTC. This helps protect Amanda beyond this one TC.
5) She attacks Erik's duplicity in front of the jury, already doing a better job with the jury than she did during the fateful FTC last season.
6) Amanda does such a convincing acting job during the TC that even I, who got to see Amanda digging for the HII, was not sure she had it.
7) She gets rid of her #1 threat in Alexis. Alexis was also playing the "sweet innocent girl" role, which made her Amanda's top rival. Amanda can hog that role all to herself now.

Wow. Bravo, girl!!!

>

Posted by Runnr3003 on 05-03-08 at 02:26 AM
"Batalie"

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO That was HI-Larious iltarion

Posted by MattyMax on 05-02-08 at 06:15 AM
OMG Amanda at TC!!!

ALL MOPEY! Sounding sad, frustrated, defeated... Cirie HELD HER HAND because Cirie thought that Amanda was going & was playing for a jury vote!!!

And the awesome "I've got the idol (bitches)" swinging it around like she knows she should. AMAZING. That was one of the best TC's I've ever seen.

Cirie is in a tight spot, the Fans are again in the minority, Amanda is looking good! Dabo stated on Bashers that Cirie should have thrown her vote away. I gotta concur. That would have been her best move. Now she's STUCK in the Amanda/Parvati alliance.

Wow, Amanda decided to step up and PLAY tonight! I'm a fan again.

Posted by citywitch on 05-02-08 at 07:25 AM
Go Amanda indeed! Maybe I'm just a victim of editing, but I was so rooting for her last night! Iltarion - you hit EVERY nail on the head about her game play. I'll only say that I think she had help from Parvati on #7, Amanda's original target was Natalie.
If she makes it to the final 2 or 3 I can't really see how she could lose against any of the remaining players, what a great episode!

Posted by mia rules18 on 05-02-08 at 07:37 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-08 AT 07:38 AM (EST)

Um, I am hopping ON the Amanda bandwagon right now! Last night was great...I agree, for me, one of the best episodes ever. I said to my family, while watching TC, "Okay, either she didn't find that idol or she is an EXCELLENT actress". Good for her!! That had to be the most animated jury ever! It was great!!

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 05-02-08 at 09:05 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-08 AT 03:21 PM (EST)

First off, I am surprised none of you mention what a dumb move it was to vote out Alexis over Natalie. Alexis has a bum leg and would have probably been useless on any physical challenge. Also, Natalie was more of a leader than Alexis. She’s also much more feisty than Alexis was. They should’ve booted Natalie while they could. Going up against Cirie and Alexis in an Immunity was a for sure win. Only Eric is a challenge threat to Amanda and Paverti.

Other than that I was good with Amanda’s play. I saw it coming a mile away. She was trying to hold back a smile the whole time she was acting. I am still rooting for Amanda….or Eric.

Posted by michel on 05-02-08 at 11:06 AM
Natalie is a much better goat than Alexis was.

Posted by Zimbochick on 05-02-08 at 12:16 PM
I think they had all said previously that as Alexis is a motivational speaker she would be tough to be up against in the finals, and she hasn't ticked anyone off (yet). Natalie on the other hand is a crazy biotch, and I think they are hoping she will self-destruct before too long, which looks as though it may happen next week.

Posted by nailbone on 05-02-08 at 01:58 PM
First off, I am surprised none of you mention what a dumb move it was to vote out Alexis over Natalie.

That was my initial thought, too. But going against Nat in the final TC is a GUARANTEED vote from Jason, probably Eliza, and maybe others.

Posted by PsychoKitty on 05-02-08 at 09:11 PM
Good points too! I was thinking the same thing - that Alexis was the next medivac victim anyway, and Natalie the biggest threat. Hopefully you guys are right! (That Natalie's sh++ attitude will do her in.) And then when Amanda batted those doe eyes and said "I'm so pissed right now" I just laughed - such a lack of emotion! Now I know why - but she was SO passive at TC it was driving me nuts - "that's her idea of pissed!???" I thought

Good job Amanda!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-02-08 at 07:50 PM
I agree. I really thought she should have moved to take out just about anybody but Alexis. Alexis, with her leg, is no real threat. If medical doesn't take her out (which I'm thinking is looking quite probable the way things were going) she still can't win an immunity and could have been dealt with later. Either Natalie or Cirie would have been the better choice, imo.

A smokeysmom
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." - Baba Dioum

I originally thought Pavarti, too - but, I realize now that that move could have hurt her given Pavarti held her secret.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-07-08 at 05:05 PM
But Alexis was the one who could have given Amanda the biggest challenge in the final TC. Alexis hasn't pissed anyone off (yet) while the others have all done something to backtrack on their words and she's also much more experienced at speaking in front of a jury than Natalie would be - can you imagine Natalie swaying a jury by saying "Vote for me or I cut your throats, bitches. Capisce?"

Posted by Karchita on 05-07-08 at 08:00 PM
Yes, I can imagine that and I want to see it happen!

Oops, bashing again.

Posted by KeithFan on 05-02-08 at 09:07 AM
Holy carp!

I think Amanda even blind-sided America. While I knew she was good from last season, I don't think anyone ever expected this. I hated her puppy dog sad face before, but she worked it to perfection.

I think she got the most value that anyone possibly could, for many of the reasons stated above, and I'd definitely put this TC in the top 5.

Posted by NedraSue on 05-02-08 at 09:33 AM
I was very happy this worked out this way. I have been so disappointed since the FTC in China, when she was mentally exhausted and couldn't find the words to fight.

Last night showed us that she learned a very valuable lesson that day and put it to work.

I think now, she will show us that she can be strong and win and make it to a C/A/P FTC.

I wonder, if now that the idol has finally been played, if it is done? Or will they hide it again?

I'm surprised that nothing was said about Alexis getting to spend quality time with Ozzy the last 6 days...OMG.

I haven't yet watched the Ponderosa clips. I'm sure they will be good! I love seeing what they do when they first get to eat and drink.

Posted by tjcrew on 05-02-08 at 09:50 AM
I just watched the Ponderosa clips and was really surprised that James is not at Ponderosa. One clip briefly explains that he is still in the hospital.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 05-02-08 at 03:50 PM

>I'm surprised that nothing was said
>about Alexis getting to spend
>quality time with Ozzy the
>last 6 days...OMG.

Somehow I don't think Amanda is concerned about Alexis anymore since she backstabbed Ozzy out of the game.

Posted by agman on 05-02-08 at 10:12 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-08 AT 10:12 AM (EST)

That was great last night. I still can't believe how well she handled things. Her mopey attitude and comments at TC were priceless!!!!!

sculpted by Tribe

Posted by mindy23 on 05-02-08 at 10:49 AM
Since last season, I have pretty much figured out Amanda's sad eyes gestures, and was pretty sure she'd found that HII. It was Parvati that I give props to for the whole, 'so sorry to see you go, girlfriend' act! THAT was priceless in itself, too! I thought for sure that Parvati would give SOME clue in her face if this were fact or fiction, but she DID NOT!

Isn't it amazing how a tainted MIL can turn you into such an amazing actress? Both of them deserve academy awards, that is for danged sure! And the jury? They will be able to live on that for a few days. I don't see anyone else pulling this off again for a great while.

No other season has brought the drama, the cut-throat beotches, the pain, the gain, the stupidity that THIS season has! And who would've figured at the beginning? Not me, that's for sure! I thought this season was gonna be one of the most boring ever!

Thanks, guys, for stepping up the game plans! BTW, James, hope you don't lose that finger-wouldn't want any of those dead guys to be disappointed in ya! Seriously, all you injured Survivors: GREAT JOB, Can't wait to see you at the reunion!!

Posted by iltarion on 05-02-08 at 04:08 PM
Alexis practically sealed her fate, not that it wasn't already sealed, when she told the jury how she respected everyone in the game. If that didn't seal her fate, then it at least was the perfect reminder as to why she had to go.
Batalie is practically guaranteed the infamous 3rd place spot. Everyone wants to bring her to the finals now. We have only seen snippets of her over-the-top attitude; they have all been living with it.
So, I would have loved to see Batalie eat some crow and get blindsided herself, but Alexis was the smarter choice. Unfortunately, I think we are stuck with Batalie until the end.

>

Posted by Brownroach on 05-02-08 at 05:06 PM
Everyone wants to bring her to the finals now. Her over-the-top attitude; they have all been living with it. We have only seen snippets of her over-the-top attitude; they have all been living with it.

I don't sense that Natugly is the same horror around camp that she is in confessionals. Usually if someone is perceived as an F2/F3 goat, someone else will mention the person's unpleasantness at some point, or we will see friction involving the person in question. That hasn't happened with her.

Plus, we've only seen Natugly make mean comments about the guys, and the women are all on the same page about voting the guys out. I doubt they are seeing her as a total goat (though they probably realize she wouldn't get Jason's vote).

Bleauin' ze bleus eaué, coeurtesie oeuf agmanne

Posted by citywitch on 05-02-08 at 06:38 PM
unless I'm really missing something, Alexis seems like a genuinely nice, upfront, loyal girl. I can't beleive she would have remained tight with Natalie & even as of last night indicated she was hoping for her to win if Natalie displayed the same personality to her tribemates that she does in confessionals. or maybe the camera crew just brings out the maneater in her?

Posted by michel on 05-02-08 at 05:27 PM
Amanda's game last night was fun to watch. Many of her good moves have been mentioned but one is missing, the first that enabled everything:

After Alexis had won the reward she "could" have invited Amanda who had finished second right behind her. Amanda made sure that she wouldn't be picked by hiding behind Natalie as Alexis made her choices. Brilliant!

All she had to do afterwards was volunteer for EI and everything else followed.

In fact, it looked like the Faves pulled the wool over the Fans' eyes once again. Cirie, for one, played just like Aras, targeting her own alliance one after the other rather than showing her hand. I think it was planned all along to have Amanda go while the fans had fun with their relatives.

Posted by CTgirl on 05-02-08 at 05:50 PM
I agree that it was determined ahead of time and that's why Cirie chose Alexis to win reward and not Amanda.

Amanda finally showed us what we knew she was capable of and her doe eyes really came in handy for her Tribal Council acting job! Loved it.

Setup by Tribe

Posted by Aruba on 05-02-08 at 09:42 PM
I agree with Michel that the greatest gameplay was volunteering to go to EI. That was an outstanding move. What's even more impressive is what she had to do on EI. This wasn't a case of simply picking up a rock or digging just one foot in the ground, picking up the HII, and then french-kissing it "Yauman style". This poor girl had to dig a trench long enough to lay the Alaskian pipeline only to find out the HII is back at camp!

Everything after that didn't "Wow" me as much as everyone else on these Boards. She clearly needed to tell someone back at camp to buy her time to dig up the HII under the flag. There was no doubt in my mind she would join forces with her "Ho"-Sister from the beginning of this season. As far as playing the HII, that was the biggest no-brainer this season. Dumba$$ Erik point blank told her he was voting her out. Cirie made a convincing case about the imfamous purple rock travesty. So unlike Ozzy and Jason who were told they were safe, the polar opposite was the case for Amanda. No great gameplay here in my opinion. Furthermore there was absolutely no doubt in my mind she had it, so I wasn't surprised when she played it.

She could say all she wants about "not lying" about saying she didn't find it on EI. Saying the current prevented her from getting the clues WAS a blatant lie, so please spare us the self-preservation behavior. Unfortunately for her, the Jury reaction almost forces her to win the final IC otherwise the remaining players will vote out the player most likely to get the most votes--Her.

Posted by garcor on 05-02-08 at 10:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-08 AT 11:25 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-02-08 AT 10:32 PM (EST)

Think Amanda's game play was brilliant for the way she used the situation to her advantage in her dealings with three of her fellow players and for the fact most of her actions worked in several different ways at once.

(1) She chooses Parvati, who appeared to have become marginalized, and so needed a new ally, for her ally. She then praises Parvati to the jury (during TC) for her loyalty, which simultaneously: (1) reminded people why Parvati was viewed as disloyal in the first place; (2) put subtle pressure on Parvati to remain loyal to her new ally and mentor, Amanda; (3) made it clear to Alexis and Natalie that the other vote against Alexis was coming from Parvati, making Parvati a betrayer of yet another alliance; (4) rewarded Parvati for her help with praise that would most likely not help her beat Amanda if both of them are in final three, but could help Parvati gain a vote or two if Amanda is voted out before final TC despite Parvati remaining loyal to her. Amanda appears to have given Parvati good reason to try to keep Amanda around as long as possible even though Parvati is highly unlikely to be able to beat Amanda at final TC.

(2) She gives a loyalty test to Cirie, in the process keeping Cirie confused about whether or not Amanda has the II. (I think Cirie might have suspected Amanda did, but since Amanda and Parvati did not let Cirie know for sure, Cirie saw no better option at TC than to vote with Alexis and Natalie against Amanda.) Now Amanda can try to hold Cirie to her word that Cirie was only voting against her because of fear of a tie vote. If Cirie turns against her Amanda can tell the jury that not only did Cirie betray Amanda but Cirie was actively trying to turn Amanda against Ozzy before Parvati thought to move against Ozzy. Would not be likely to impress James or Ozzy.

(3) Guilted Eric into telling Amanda she was going to be the target at TC. Tried to guilt him into not voting against her, and when he refused (and he did not make the sensible reply that it was Ozzy, not Amanda, that kept Eric in the game) angrily told the jury that Eric was ungrateful, which (1) helped convince Alexis, Natalie etc. that Amanda had not found the idol; (2) planted some doubt in surviving players minds whether Eric could be trusted, (3) gave herself a good reason for helping to vote Eric out at the first opportunity, and (4) diminished Eric in the eyes of at least some members of the jury (again Ozzy, James) making it unlikely he can get their votes if he does make it to final TC.

And with the possible exception of twirling the idol, Amanda did all this in a way that could not be seen by other players as demeaning or mean spirited. For one episode she was as good as it gets as a strategist. As for next week . .

Posted by iltarion on 05-03-08 at 03:45 AM
Come on, Aruba, time to give Amanda some credit.
I don't see how she "had" to tell anyone about the idol. I thought she was making a mistake at first when she did tell Parvati. As it turns out, it was brilliant.
Secondly, neither Erik nor Cirie simply offered up info to Amanda. Amanda talked them into the info they did offer her. Great play by her and great play in trapping Cirie by her own words. Cirie now has to hold to Amanda and Parvati's alliance or be a complete fake and probably lose both their votes.
And do Erik and Cirie offer Amanda any info if she doesn't empty her bag and show them all that she didn't have the HII in the first place? Quite possibly, not.
And yeah, Amanda lied about not finding the 3rd clue, but the crux of her story, that she didn't find the idol, was completely true. So, she lied about a detail. It was a minor and unnecessary lie. It isn't the same as looking someone in the eye and telling them you are voting for someone else and then turning around and voting for them. Not even close in my book.
And that TC performance! Priceless!
There was no way Alexis wasn't picking Batalie and then either Parvati or Cirie for that reward. Then, Alexis doesn't want to send Erik or James to EI, where they can find the idol, so that leaves either Parvati or Amanda. Amanda was the odd-girl out and the obvious choice. Props to her for volunteering though.

>

Posted by Aruba on 05-03-08 at 06:05 AM
Iltarion...I AM giving Amanda credit.

I thought it was great gameplay to volunteer to go to EI. I also give her points for her preserverance when digging up that final clue on EI.

I didn't see it as Erik or Cirie "offering" any information to Amanda. And when a targeted player asks other players if they are going to vote for him/her at TC, I hardly consider that "talking them into the information". It's merely asking a question and the player has to decide whether to answer it honestly or not. If anything Erik was being honest with Amanda and if he had half a brain in his skull (which he doesn't) he would have defended himself in that manner to the jury.

As far as lying is concerned, in my book I make these two distinctions. There is the lie one initiates, and there is one committed out of reaction when you are pressed between a rock and a hard place. I don't recall anyone specifically asking her about the clues, so initiating a lie about the current is well...just that...a LIE. I suppose there are those who break "lies" in various degrees as you did. I don't know...in my mind it's like saying someone is only "a little bit pregnant". Either they are or they aren't. So in my book either you initiated a lie or you didn't initiate a lie. To each their own.

The only reason I'm making a semi-big deal about it is because Amanda felt the need to make a general announcement at TC that she didn't lie in that one instance. When watching the episode and Amanda was twirling the idol in celebration and announcing she didn't lie, within two seconds I turned to those I was watching with and said "Why the heck doesn't Erik NOW call her out to the Jury on the lie she DID make just as he was called out for being honest to Amanda. Everyone in unison answered because Erik is a dumba$$.

As for a her gameplay with Cirie as "great"...Amanda wins if she makes it to the Finals regardless of whatever she did last episode. So any gameplay with Cirie or Parvati was irrelevant in my opinion as far as winning the game. The only player who could have beaten Amanda in the Finals was James...and the medical team gave her an early birthday present there.

Posted by iltarion on 05-04-08 at 06:06 PM
No one is harder on liars than me. Trust me on that. But, again, we are talking about a false detail in a true story. It is hardly in the league of "my grandma died." When Amanda raised her hand and said she was truthful when she said she didn't have the idol, she was again telling the truth.
Why didn't Erik point out Amanda's lie at camp? Simple. How does he know she lied? Answer me that. I am 100% sure that neither Erik nor anyone else besides Parvati had any clue in that moment HOW Amanda had the idol when she clearly and convincingly showed them all immediately coming back from EI that she did not have the idol. So, Erik might be a dumbass, but you are expecting him to be a genius with a photographic memory if he is supposed to figure out in 5 seconds when and where Amanda lied.
And lastly, ah, Amanda has to MAKE the Finals before she can win it. Her basically forcing Cirie into making a promise makes it more likely she will make the Finals. THAT is why it was good game play. Of course it had nothing to do with what happens at the Finals, which we both agree Amanda likely wins if she makes it there. It is all about getting there for Amanda now. She put Cirie in a tough spot.

>

Posted by Aruba on 05-07-08 at 08:50 PM

>Why didn't Erik point out Amanda's
>lie at camp? Simple. How
>does he know she lied?
>Answer me that.

How does one go about finding a HII without being able to read the clues??? Answer me THAT. Fact of the matter is you can't.

It doesn't matter where she found it or how she found...the fact she found it after saying she couldn't get at the clues is a pretty easy lie to jump all over...well easy if you have a half a brain. No photographic memory or genius IQ required.

And the kicker here is Amanda didn't need to create the lie about not being able to read the clues. She could have come back, emptied her bag, and be done with it.

Posted by Jims02 on 05-03-08 at 12:36 PM
Secondly, neither Erik nor Cirie simply offered up info to Amanda. Amanda talked them into the info they did offer her.

This is a good point, especially about Cirie. Throughout Survivor history, Cirie has been a player who tells it like it is. Remember her fights with Jonathan earlier this season? If you're isolated alliance-wise, and you approach Cirie about it, she'll tell you. She doesn't always play the "I dunno" game that other people do. She sometimes does, but tends to be a little more upfront with people she has/had goodwill toward.

In my opinion, dumping her bag at the beach was the smartest move she made. I thought at first, even if she didn't find it, they'd be gunning for her. It was a great move. They still ended up gunning for her anyway, but she got to find the idol anyway unobserved.

Posted by citywitch on 05-03-08 at 08:33 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-08 AT 01:30 PM (EST)

There is the lie one initiates, and there is one committed out of reaction when you are pressed between a rock and a hard place. I don't recall anyone specifically asking her about the clues, so initiating a lie about the current is well...just that...a LIE. I suppose there are those who break "lies" in various degrees as you did.
not to put too fine a point on it, but Amanda was between a rock & a hard place. She knew before going to EI that she was on the chopping block. When she dumped her bag to show she didn't have the idol, she had to say something. I put the lie of "couldn't find it" (because of the current or whatever reason) in the same category as James promising to Jason to not vote against him, but doing it anyway. Amanda did tell her only real alliance mate, Parvati, the truth.

Posted by Karchita on 05-03-08 at 00:22 AM
And she did all this after losing her closest ally, James, to an emergency removal.

Way to go, Amanda!