URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 473
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Night Stalker - coming back this fall"

Posted by bystander on 08-11-05 at 12:30 PM
Night Stalker from the 70's is up there on my all-time favorite list of shows. Darrin McGavin was great as Carl Kolchak, the less than ace reporter solving the mysteries of the unexplainable. I see that it is being remade as a series on the alphabet network this fall. Definitely going to check that out and see how it stands up to the original.

Anyone else out there wanna start a cult following? Any new shows out there you are looking forward to watching?

Invasion looks like another possibility.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Night Stalker - coming back this fall"
Posted by Surveysez on 08-14-05 at 02:34 PM
Kolchak would be a good one to see redone now. I will watch for it, but hadn't heard anything, so thanks for the tip. It looks like this year is going to be the invasion of the aliens again.

Bystander - you smell different?

Posted by bystander on 08-15-05 at 12:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-05 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

Bystander - you smell different?

I showered today. What do you mean?

ETA: Nevermind. Good Invasion reference. Bad mental recall on my end.

unless you think I really do stink!

Posted by Surveysez on 08-15-05 at 03:46 PM
lol. I had just seen the commercial the night before!

You're sure no stinker..

"Thursday Night at 9:00? Kiss of Death."
Posted by bystander on 09-29-05 at 11:16 AM
OK, I see Night Stalker premiers tonight at 9:00 on ABC opposite CSI and Apprentice? I guess it will be a 2 or 3 episoder and then be cancelled.

Still looking forward to seeing how it stands up to the original. Anyone else wanna watch with me so they get at least 2 viewers?

"RE: Thursday Night at 9:00? Kiss of Death."
Posted by CattyChat on 09-29-05 at 01:54 PM
>"OK, I see Night Stalker premiers tonight at 9:00 on ABC
opposite CSI and Apprentice? I guess it will be a 2 or 3 episoder and then be cancelled."

Why do they always air all the good shows opposite each other, instead of spreading them out? This season I end up watching 1 network, while taping 2 or 3 others at the same time.

I'm really excited about this show, because I remember that I loved it as a really young little girl, but barely remember it, just that I watched it & loved it. I was always into the spooky shows & detective shows, even when I was 6, 7, 8 years old. Hope this is a good remake.

Posted by Tamena on 08-15-05 at 10:13 AM
Already on the To Be TiVo'd list here =)

how did we ever survive before TiVo?? LOL
I loved that show when I was a kid, I'm seriously looking forward to it and really hope they don't screw up some very fond memories

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

Posted by Loree on 08-21-05 at 01:47 PM
This was a TV show that I always wondered why they never remade and updated. Well someone finally did it. I am looking forward to it. But did I hear it's on Thursday nights? It is going to have stiff competition. I wish ABC would give it a better time slot.

"Show Cancelled"
Posted by KScott on 11-15-05 at 01:25 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/15/television.ering.reut/index.html

A Phoenix Mons original
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

"RE: Show Cancelled"
Posted by bystander on 11-15-05 at 01:29 PM
Shame. It really didn't have a shot against Apprentice and CSI Vegas. I liked it (OK taped it) but found it entertaining.