URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 468
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"It's Official - Rockstar Cancelled"

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 03-27-07 at 06:14 AM
From Melodicrock.com

ROCK STAR TV SHOW AXED:
It is official - Rock Star, the TV show that put Inxs back on the road in 2005 and then (unfortunately) unleashed Supernova upon the world in its second season during 2006 has been cancelled.
CBS Television has decided to pull the plug on the show, choosing at this stage not to opt for a third season.
My criticisms of the second season will no doubt be familiar to regulars - they really did mess things up. In fact, now I'm even more resentful towards the show's producers, as they screwed up this chance to have good rock n roll on prime time TV.
The show had so much potential, but aside from 4 or 5 decent singers, the monkeys that they called talent last season was laughable. Then there was Supernova themselves...
I have heard there is a bit of a movement to get the show back on air from fans.
If you are interested in voicing your enthusiasm for a return of Rock Star, you can write to:
Ghen Maynard, Executive Vice President, CBS Paramount Network Television Entertainment Group, 7800 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles , CA 90036, USA.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: It's Official - Rockstar Cancelled"
Posted by dreamerbeliever on 04-18-07 at 03:38 AM
Sheds a solo tear. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Agree with the writer that there was so much potential for a great rock summer series, but alas Tommy and the producers took season 2 low brow. One of the reasons why there was a season two, was because there was class in season one. Tommy & the boys took that class earned and nuked it. The gals in season 2 were basically fresh meat. Dave being newly single didn't help the cause.

Disagree with the writer that S2 only had 4 or 5 decent singers. It was a few more then that. Shame we wont be chatting about a season three this summer. Loved doing the weekly love list and reading all your thoughts.

On the bright side, I heard about 10 to 12 singers that I've either followed or wouldn't mind hearing again. Music feeds my soul, so the show was a great thing, it will be missed. Hope the movement works. Worked for TAR right?

Posted by geekboy on 05-15-07 at 03:55 PM
This is very sad news, indeed. I became a fan last summer. I didn't watch the first summer at all. Although i wasn't a fan of Lukas, i simply adored Dilana, and Storm, and Ryan, and even Toby to a degree.

I loved the way the show worked, week to week. I loved how the viewer voting worked WITH the judges. The show just worked for me, and now i won't get a 2nd season to watch.

What a shame. Although i love Idol, Idol could learn a thing or two from Rock Star.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

Posted by trigirl on 05-24-07 at 07:29 AM
That is really too bad. Loved the format, loved the music. I wonder if album sales in the US have anything to do with it.

Posted by taw342001 on 06-05-07 at 08:15 PM
I think it's sucks that there not bringing Rock Star back I Loved the show both season. There was awesome talent on there.