URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 4665
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Rodger Bingham on The View today"

Posted by miracle1969mets on 01-09-04 at 01:17 PM
Well today they head a special on ABC's The View on life for reality t.v. contestants after the show is over. Then they suprised Elisabeth with her buddy Rodger Bingham. The hosts asked all of the ex-reality contestants if they'd do their show again, as contestants are always asked. Elisabeth said she'd never do the show again, but Rodger said he'd do it in a heartbeat. I wish they'd have asked him then why he didn't do All Stars then. Everyone likes him, and I can't believe they wouldn't ask him.
The only thing I can think of is cause CBS didn't officially annoynce the cast yet.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Rodger Bingham..."
Posted by Goooey_Alley on 01-09-04 at 07:49 PM
For them to bring Rodger back, they have to bring Elisabeth as well, to show if their father-daughter relationship in the Outback will still be formidable and effective in the All-Star.

Another thing, I think Rodger was too nice for the game. Rodger gave up his chance for the $1M to let Elisabeth go for the win (but unluckily she ended up for a 4th place slate.)

"RE: Rodger Bingham on The View today"
Posted by IslandFever on 01-09-04 at 08:40 PM
I would have loved to see Rodger on All-Stars. I wish we could have voted on the contestants. After all we are the reality tv addicts. SNN feels that the prior winners didn't stand a chance. If so, why include them? Usually it's the old, obnoxious, or overbearing who are booted first, I guess now it's the prior winners.

"RE: Rodger Bingham on The View today"
Posted by Fashionista on 01-11-04 at 02:15 PM
I watched that too. I saw on Survivor Fever that Rodger and his "people" really expected Mark Burnett to contact him for the All-Star Edition.They said "I would just assume Rodger would be invited. They'd be fools not to ask him."
Based on Rodger's appearance and consistent lists of the cast one would think its safe to assume he's not on the show. Also the real telling thing was when he said he would do it in a heartbeat....and then Elisabeth said something to the affect of "Oh no, Rodger I wouldn't let you,I'd be too worried about you!"

The whole thing about Burnett wanting the hard-core players is obvious by the probable cast list (to be confirmed on Monday). Also....I read that Paschal (S4) was in the Semi-Finals of 25-30 people to be cast on All-Stars...he immediately started training and was later notified he didn't make the cut. Being that Paschal was also a "nice guy" player it supports that theory.

And he hinted that even though he won't be on it he will support his friend Kathy Vavrick O'Brien....if she makes it, he added.

(Just some things to ponder)