URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID7
Thread Number: 466
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Who is LEAST deserving to win Big Brother 5?"

Posted by aquariaqueen on 09-03-04 at 10:49 AM
I need you to go back to week one and remember all the cast members on this question.

Does it matter how long they stayed in the house?
Was their strategy a good one?
What makes them worthy?
Lazy, greed, obnoxious..............

Let's make it easy, and write your answer in the SUBJECT line.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Cowboy"
Posted by aquariaqueen on 09-03-04 at 10:52 AM
I can't condone "just sliding by" or being "a nice guy". I don't like rewarding people for not working hard.

I would almost rather give the money to someone who stuck their neck out to further themselves, unfortunately, you can get your head cut off at the same time.

"That little punk DREW!!"
Posted by Glass on 09-03-04 at 11:00 AM
He wanders from group to group and everywhere he goes he ruins the game. The only difference between him and Cowboy is that Cowboy's made way less idiotic decisions. Drew cost Mike the game when he went back to the 4h first week. Then Drew voted out Holly and cost J and S the game. He then voted Will, causing him and the twins the game. And let's not even talk about the live feeds! And that would be a GREAT game, if Richard Hatch were doing it... but Drew is like, Mr. Magooing or Inspector Gadgetting his way through this and people are falling off the buildings all around him.

In a noncooperative game, the player who makes the least mistakes often wins. That is NOT Drew.

-Glass

"RE: That little punk DREW!!"
Posted by txmomma26 on 09-03-04 at 12:35 PM
Question for you Glass....I see your point, but but respectfully disagree. Isn't what Drew is doing a part of the game? He should be breaking apart alliances and voting out players who are a liability to save his own butt.

Posted by Glass on 09-04-04 at 04:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-04-04 AT 04:19 PM (EST)

Thanks TXmomma, glad you asked.

My favourite BB player of all time was Danielle. She took the game away, sometimes viciously, from every player she was up against besides Lisa. I remember watching Survivor: Amazon at the F3 and seeing the jury, and saying "Holy cow," because every single person there was on the jury because they had been backdoored by Rob Cesternino, and I thought that was just great. And I DEFINITELY thought it was hilarious when Alsion evicted Nathan after he used the veto. All this to say that I am huge on competitive gameplay, and I like vicious, no holds barred players.

But Drew... costs the game to people... by accident. He's not good at this. Drew is killing his teammates by mistake, it's not part of any strategy or foresight at all, and anybody who's gonna tell me it is can watch the tapes because he walks around all day saying "I'm confused" or "I'm torn between two sides". And when his decisions are challenged, he backs down or cries. I have nothing against the kid personally, he seems like a very nice dude and I'm sure he's very sweet. But he drives me insane in the context of this game because he can make bad decision after bad decision and STILL survive to make a couple more. Putting up Holly was stupid, and he scrapes away. Putting out Will was stupid, and he scrapes away. He is constantly screwing up but the axe never falls, you know?

Again guys, all IMHO.

-Glass

ETA: LOL, before someone says it, Yes, it can still be a screwup if you survive. Because when he evicted Holly, he said he did it so they could stay strong. And they were promptly evicted by Adria, the very person they SHOULD have evicted. And when he evicted Will I remember specifically he said he was doing it to protect his voting block. Which was promptly evicted. Drew's a Big Brother Butt.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 09-05-04 at 09:14 PM
Excellent explanation, Glass! I could not agree more! Plus, I loved your first message when you compared Drew to Inspector Gadget. That is so true! Inspector Gadget bumbled along but everything worked out for him (and he always got the credit) because his niece cleaned up his messes behind the scenes. That's exactly the same situation for Drew. He's like a bull in a china shop but certain other HGs expend all kinds of energy running all over the place catching the merchandise before it shatters on the floor - all while oohing and aahing about what a fine bull he is.

Posted by Mr Canuck on 09-06-04 at 08:08 AM
Drew kinda reminds me of that Alphabet-voting strategy loser from the original survivor (Sean I think it was). Clueless of what is going on around him

One day I'm gonna own a big sports bar!

"Mike........"
Posted by txmomma26 on 09-03-04 at 12:33 PM
I know time in the house shouldn't matter, but from the moment they showed him on screen it seemed he was there but he really didn't care if he stayed or went. There was very little personality, very little friendship building, and zero tolerance for the "younger" crowd in the house. Maybe if he'd have been given a chance I would feel differently, but...Between him and Miss Holly from Hollywood.....

"Lori"
Posted by RyrieRae on 09-03-04 at 01:56 PM
She came in with no plan, or even a drive to win.

"diane"
Posted by rugoing2letmeplay on 09-03-04 at 02:45 PM
I think diane is the least deserving.... or Jase....is a close second

"Natalie and/or Adria"
Posted by strid333 on 09-03-04 at 06:18 PM
They weren't playing the same game and had an advantage by being family members with pre-existing relationships.

Three is the perfect number.

"Will"
Posted by motormouth on 09-04-04 at 02:56 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-04-04 AT 02:59 AM (EST)

I think Will didn't deserve to win the most because, he wanted to win so badly, yet seemingly forgot how to play the game. He let his pride get in the way of trying to farther himself. Also, he whines about being stabbed in the back, and doesn't realize it was because it's part of the game.
It seems that every other evicted hg has gone out with a little dignity and yes, while feelings do get hurt, it is unwise strategically to expect your opponents to 'help' you win. Alliances are great but hello? they get broken every season. Expect it.
FTR, I loved Will until he was in the sequester house and STILL harping on it. (the huge betrayal) Ok, that was my long winded opinion.

*Courtesy of IceCat*

"RE: Will"
Posted by HistoryDetective on 09-04-04 at 10:19 AM
Every other evicted HG has gone out with a little dignity...?! Perhaps we should review the tapes from Adria's eviction on Thursday night - first her speech at the door and then her interview with the Chenbot. (Yo, Adria, saying over and over "I played this game as a good and true person" does not necessarily make it true. If simply repeating something over and over would magically turn it into fact, well, let's save WMDs for the Off Topic forum.)

Posted by motormouth on 09-04-04 at 03:38 PM
Hi detective. In my defense, I did not get to see Adria's eviction. My tivo messed up and I only saw up until the votes were cast. Besides Adria, the hg's went out with a little dignity. Better?

*I'm sure they will recap it on the next show*

Posted by Glass on 09-04-04 at 04:15 PM
LOL, very good explanation Motormouth.
It was bad. Not good.

-Glass

Posted by HistoryDetective on 09-04-04 at 04:29 PM
Hi Motormouth. I hope that you're right that they will show it again because that was some of the best footage of the entire season. I used to like Adria but she alienated me near the end, but I have to give her credit for some great television. As the Chen drone said in the interview, "five seasons, never a departure like this one." You could just tell that both Adria and Marvin had a lot on their minds that they had been keeping bottled up and suddendly the cork popped out... I'm wishing that there were cameras in the jury house so that if Marvin ever gets sent there we could see the fireworks continue...

Posted by motormouth on 09-05-04 at 04:30 AM
Well, the recap wasn't as informative as I thought it would be. At least it didn't look like it was, and of course I missed the interview with Julie all together. It looks like Marvin will be seeing 'A' sooner than he expected. (ohh...if only I were a fly)

*Courtesy of IceCat*

"RE: Who is LEAST deserving to win Big Brother 5?"
Posted by BennyBoy on 09-04-04 at 05:14 PM
Uhh Drew. He hasn't really done anything the whole time but hook up and ride Jase and or Dianes coattails, and whenever he makes a decision himself, it's usually a good one, but everybody else hates it.

"Karen"
Posted by sisterwoman on 09-05-04 at 09:00 AM
Okay- Even though I like Karen, I think she is just about the lamest player ever! Now, I don't have the live feeds, so I don't see all of her, but on the shows she is so lethargic like a big ol slug. I can't imagine that in the live feeds she is any different. She never seems to do anything. She has no strategy, just follows Nak around.

My second choice for least deserving would be cowboy. For many of the same reasons- only he seems to have a bit more energy to play the game. At least he tries consistantly, even though bless his heart he is not successful.

"RE: Karen"
Posted by Glass on 09-05-04 at 09:19 AM
Question for Sisterwoman and anybody else...

You know, I usually can't stand UTR players either, they annoy me... but I don't know if I've seen anybody quite as good at it as Karen. A few UTR's have won games, including Vecepia (Wasn't that a fun few weeks?), but Karen impresses me with just how low under the radar she can go. When you're blowing HOH competitions with three weeks to go 'till the end, I don't care how to you look at it, that's ballsy. And when you're not nominated, it's also smart.
Anybody else starting to forgive, and even becoming impressed with Karen?

-Glass

Posted by poochie on 09-05-04 at 11:19 AM
I'm impressed, and have been for quite awhile now. I'm thinking that Karen is playing a very smart game. We tend to get caught up in the "alliances, promises, manipulating" as the only gameplay worth recognizing. However, the duration of the houseguest's stay is the measure of how it's working for them.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 09-05-04 at 12:02 PM
I agree. I think that Karen staying in the game this long suggests that she chose a good strategy and has been effective in putting it into action.
I do not agree, however, that the length of time an HG stays in the house is a measure of how good of a player s/he is. Will was a good player with a strategy and was evicted early because of it. Cowpat seems to be around until nearly the bitter end but he doesn't have any kind of strategy; he's just managed to bumble along. I don't think that makes him a good player, despite being in the house a long time.

Posted by Glass on 09-05-04 at 11:09 PM
Very good point, HDet. I think it's fair to say that MOST of the time a player's length of stay in the house is directly proportional to the quality of their game (Whether it's purposeful or random is a different issue...). But stuff happens, other players sometimes make really bad moves and things are not always as they should be. Funky random stuff happens, like S7's Lil winning final I.

-Glass

Posted by Mr Canuck on 09-06-04 at 08:14 AM
When reading History Detective's post... the same Lil analogy came to mind... wish I could have been here sooner. Anyways I'm glad she didn't win

One day I'm gonna own a big sports bar!

Posted by sisterwoman on 09-05-04 at 01:09 PM
Glass, she is definately UTR, but I think it is luck. I don't have the live feeds and don't read the spoilers much, so she may be doing stuff that I don't know about- but there's never much about her on the show. SHe is always just kind of "there". And I like her- I really do But she seems to be a nurturing mom kind of person in general and so people go to her for comfort and safety. But I think that is just the way she is and not her manipulating people into coming into her web

But maybe that is the beauty of it all- that she just has to be herself and people are naturally not threatened by her. Hmmmm, I'll have to think about that!

"Holly"
Posted by skye on 09-05-04 at 12:09 PM
'Nuff said.

"I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it." Calvin and Hobbes

"Drew"
Posted by sam752 on 09-05-04 at 04:35 PM
I think Drew is the least deserving, he is playing like a total dink-wad right now, if you can even call it playing. More like he is doing things out of fear. Thats why i feel Drew is the least deserving.

"Cowboy"
Posted by seahorse on 09-05-04 at 05:44 PM
He is still around, but has never won a single HOH or POV competition.

His only strategy in the whole game was sticking with the 4 horsemen

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004