URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID57
Thread Number: 4657
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Christie's lethargy"

Posted by slickeronstate on 05-18-06 at 06:29 PM
Why is it so arduous for Christie to even keep her eyes open let alone speak. She can't differentiate between an agenda for the day of the race and a menu for tasks for her "helpers"?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Christie's lethargy"
Posted by petmama on 05-18-06 at 06:33 PM
Maybe it's the brain damage caused by all those years of alcohol and drug abuse. It killed off so many of her brain cells that she can't diferentiate between an event itinerary and a task list.

Posted by slickeronstate on 05-18-06 at 06:38 PM
At least she was held accountable for simply carrying a bunch of papers that were irrelevant to the task at hand. Toss in some tears and you have her inability to comprehend english - create an event day schedule and a task board for your helpers. She is doing very little for the organizing of this run. Jodi is doing much more. Not sure what Summer is doing but she looked busy on that computer. Christie is too busy rolling her eyes (or else pinching them to keep them open - poor dear is so tired.........always!) at Niambe.

Posted by VelvetElegance on 05-18-06 at 06:48 PM
I think you have totally nailed it!!! I have been trying to figure out what Christie's deal is (besides the ridiculous hair, of course. that goes without saying) and lethargy really does describe it. It seems like such an ardous task for Christie to accomplish the most mundane thing. Speaking seems to deplete her of all her energy and you're right also, about her inablilty to keep her eyes open for prolonged periods of time. I always thought Christie was a recreational RX drug user and drinker. She always talked about hard partying on the weekends but it wasn't like a day in and day out type thing but maybe she was more of a serious drug user than previously suspected. Her brain cells appear to be working extra hard to process very little. Christie is easily the most vapid HG to come through the house in a long while..I will be so glad when this 5K is over and done with. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am more than tired of hearing her whine about it and I bet the other women are tired of having their experience hijacked to accomodate/facilitate the moment we all know is coming after she crosses the finish line and recieves the big "you're graduating" message..

Posted by mrspicklepants44 on 05-18-06 at 07:09 PM
Maybe she buys Xanax on the internet, that makes you tired..

Posted by sm2 on 05-18-06 at 08:32 PM
>Maybe she buys Xanax on the
>internet, that makes you tired..

>I was just going to post the same thing. My sister takes Xanax, prozac and adderal for depression/anxiety, ADD and when the depression is acting up big time and she is hospitalized and they are giving her the extra meds to help her she is almost like that. She could sleep 25 hours a day. Once she gets out, they have already started to wean her off so many and down to the 2 or 3 she takes daily. (This is all under a physicritist's care)

Posted by 26mitogo on 05-18-06 at 07:10 PM
I'm right there with you ~ Velvet ~ on your declaration: "I will be so glad when this 5K is over and done with. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am more than tired of hearing her whine about it and I bet the other women are tired of having their experience hijacked to accomodate/facilitate the moment we all know is coming after she crosses the finish line and recieves the big "you're graduating" message." But I'll take it one further and say that I am more than tired of hearing Christie whine about EVERYTHING and EVERYONE.

-- I had to laugh ... you gave me my "Word Of The Day" education today while reading your post. I didn't know the meaning of "vapid" ... had to go look it up. I can now file it into my mental usable vocab list. Thanks for the unplanned lesson.

Posted by slickeronstate on 05-18-06 at 07:24 PM
I think she is being coddled by everyone BUT Niambe. Perhaps Rhonda was capable of being more direct with her today. The voice is artifice - to indicate her inner turmoil and angst - as if any social worker would grant her custody of her little brother.... Howcome her sister is not involved? Christie will be living out of a car within 5 years - maybe she can park it next to her mom's. She did secure her own t-shirt today! Where does she come up with this bottomless pit of rationalizations for her failures - now it is not completing college. Did she ever attend? Did she graduate high school? Maybe Cassie can park next to both the mother and daughter!!!

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 05-18-06 at 08:40 PM
It's more than the lethargy and the apparent exhaustion. It always sounds like she's no more than two shakey words away from crying. I think she is an emotional mess. It definitely looks like a chemical thing -- too much or not enough.

Posted by beckettrep on 05-18-06 at 10:33 PM
I think Christie (can't think of some 'take' on her name like Toadie, Iguana etc.) is just a natural born whiner and will piss and moan no matter what the task it. I have yet to see her approach anything with a sense of attack. She, along with Antonia (again, no take on name) would be hard-pressed to claim the laziness award - I think between the two of them it's a draw - and it seems to be born out with the fact that both of them whine no matter what.

Posted by Seabisquit on 05-18-06 at 11:27 PM
Beckettrep...someone posted on another thread referring to Christie as Pissed-T...lol.

Posted by Goodgrief on 05-19-06 at 01:32 AM
Pissed-T is probably the keeper but how about:

"Krispie" a.k.a. Rice Krispies cereal...famous for their
pale color,
and ability to SNAP,
CRACKLE,
and
POP !!!

She wants everyone to snap to attention to support her or she is going to snap,

Her voice crackles,

She knows how to pop pills

and she is undeniably WHITE like rice.

Posted by Juliejo on 05-19-06 at 11:04 AM
Crispie is sluggish and lazy. I think she is still using prescription drugs and she has fried her brain. She really does feel inadequate to do most anything. I read somewhere that your maturity level stops where-ever you are, when you start to use drugs, and she has all the symptoms.
I will be glad when the darn K-5 run is over as I too am sick and tired of hearing about it everyday and it is the focus of everything in the SO house right now. Rhonda should have asked Toadie to do it in the first place and not Crispie and it would be finished and done right in the first place. As it is this could go on forever.

Posted by slickeronstate on 05-19-06 at 12:57 PM
denouement! jodi adopts BOTH caine and christy!!!

Posted by annie828 on 05-20-06 at 10:24 PM
Something more appropriate would be :

B!tch-T: This word fits her to a T.

Ditz-T: well we all know how much of a DITZ she is.

Posted by beckettrep on 05-22-06 at 09:15 PM
>Beckettrep...someone posted on another thread referring
>to Christie as Pissed-T...lol.

LOL - actually that was ME I thought of it after I had written this one, along with SummerSlut (Sommer)

Posted by elgin on 05-20-06 at 09:23 PM
She uses the word AMAZING way way too often. I think it's the only adjective she stayed awake for in English class. Every graduation, confrontation, board of review, and many groups she uses the word to describe other H.G.'s. Gosh I think you are just AMAZING. Oh my, I am amazed at her vocabulary.

Posted by Incognito on 05-21-06 at 00:13 AM
elgin articulates:
>She uses the word AMAZING way
>way too often. I think it's
>the only adjective she stayed
>awake for in English class.
>Every graduation, confrontation,
>board of review, and many groups
>she uses the word to describe
>other H.G.'s. Gosh I think you
>are just AMAZING. Oh my, I am
>amazed at her vocabulary.

Excellent point, Elgin. She's either pi$$ed or amazed. I know I am both realizing this "show" is gonna sink with her amazing finish. Groan!!! I'm pi$$ed, for sure. Three hours to gooo...bubble bubble bubble, glub.
Incognito

Posted by SOfan0221 on 05-21-06 at 08:26 AM
I thought her favorite word was compassion. After all it is all we hear in confessional. ...... I have such compassion, I found compassion, I never knew I had this much compassion, compassion, compassion, compassion........just a word thrown around like it is meant to mean something.

You don't have to move off the couch, or out from under the comfort of the bed covers to have com-pass-ion. You can flop any old place and have com-pass-ion. Not like a 5k where you actually have to put it in gear and move it.

Posted by DedeV on 05-21-06 at 01:33 PM
you took the words right out of my mouth! I can never say the words amazing, pissed or compassion without worrying I sound like her! LOL

Posted by maryellennaco on 05-19-06 at 01:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-19-06 AT 01:26 PM (EST)

She seems especially dull and sssslllllooooowwwwwww.... I'm not sure why, she hasn't done anything to make herself tired. Maybe like some of you upthread, the old brain cells have been depleted?? I dunno, I'm about to fall into a Crispie (Piss-T) stupor if they don't get this phoney 5k race on outta here!zzzzzzzzzzz........... oh wait! can't fall asleep yet!
And I liked the idea that Toadi could adopt Piss-T AND her poor little brother. Lord knows, that kid's gonna need somebody with some energy and we all know Piss-T ain't up to the challenge!

ETA:spelling

Posted by Cinnamongirl30 on 05-20-06 at 11:04 PM
I think that a lot of her lethargy is due to the fact that she is running and working out for the first time in her life. Some of it seems to be an act though. She does have a hell of a lot to be concerned and worried about and I'll bet her mom didn't give her the best coping skills growing up either. She looked close to a breakdown after board of review. After years of numbing it's bound to happen. She just didn't seem right. Children of junkies are sometimes so screwed up emotionally because of having to deal with real horrors and crisis at an age where they should be worrying about kid stuff. This is not the best place for her. Dr. Stan can help , he is amazing. For her little brothers sake, she needs to get him away from that crackhead mother. He should be enough to give her the strength. There are sooo many services that would help them. I'm not a great fan of her personality but she does need support for the little guys sake.

Posted by Incognito on 05-21-06 at 00:26 AM
Cinnamongirl30 proposes:
> I think that a lot
>of her lethargy is due
>to the fact that she
>is running and working out
>for the first time in
>her life. Some of it
>seems to be an act
>though. She does have
>a hell of a lot
>to be concerned and worried
>about and I'll bet her
>mom didn't give her the
>best coping skills growing up
>either. She looked close to
>a breakdown after board of
>review. After years of numbing
>it's bound to happen. She
>just didn't seem right. Children
>of junkies are sometimes so
>screwed up emotionally because of
>having to deal with real
>horrors and crisis at an
>age where they should be
>worrying about kid stuff. This
>is not the best place
>for her. Dr. Stan can
>help , he is amazing.
>For her little brothers sake,
>she needs to get him
>away from that crackhead mother.
>He should be enough to
>give her the strength. There
>are sooo many services that
>would help them. I'm not
>a great fan of her
>personality but she does need
>support for the little guys
>sake.

In all my life experience, dullard does not follow exercise after a life of poopdoom. It's more like, wow, i'm amazed i can hurt there and/or this much. Just speaking of my experiences though.
Ingognito

Posted by slickeronstate on 05-21-06 at 02:30 PM
Cain would be better off in social services. We all know very well that Christie will move back in with Justin - hit the bottle together and never look back.

Why did SO even encourage her modelling aspirations - she is too short and too wide. She has NO personality. She is as "bobble-headed" as that VAPID Cassie. Why do they both look at the ceiling of the confessional when speaking to the camera? At least Cassie can keep both eyes open - Christie does that annoying squinting or else closing of one eye - maybe she needs eye surgery - and less botched cosmetic surgery.

If she thinks the women in the house need to support one another - why didn't she think (or one of the LC's) to ask Niambe to train with her - given her Olympic background et al.

Posted by mrspicklepants44 on 05-21-06 at 09:31 PM
I think she sets herself up to fail so she has an excuse to drink and do drugs. She wont fail this because she has Rhonda but then she will measure everything against the SO house, fail and drink. Its always someone elses fault...she just has the victim personality. I think the only way for her to stay sobert would be to work in a rehab place or somewhere she has to be accountable.. not gonna happen

Posted by Sues on 05-21-06 at 10:00 PM
Didn't she come to SO right from rehab???
I don't know if she'll end up on the sauce, but her lack of enthusiasm doesn't exactly scream 'success'.

So of course, she'll study at Rhonda's Institute and become a LC.....ya know, with all that compassion...she'll be a shoe-in

Posted by MariJ on 05-21-06 at 11:56 PM
There's been a lot of speculation about Christie and her not keeping her eyes open. I think she's just has this prissy personality and that's part of it. I've come across women that think they are just so attractive and this sometimes is one of their traits. Also, I've never gone along with this theory that Christie has low self-esteem. I've never bought into this. She admits that 'she's pretty'. Since when does someone with low self-esteem carry on how pretty they are.

Another thing someone said on this thread or another one is that if she's such a compassionate, caring, smart, etc. person ... why does she have to drill this into everyone's head to try to convince them or herself? The facts are in front of everyone to determine this themselves.

I also wonder something else. All this about her taking drugs; she's so upset that her mother did this, why would she even TRY drugs? My parents weren't drug addicts, but I had other serious things happen in my background. My goal was always to give my children better and also not to make the same mistakes my parents made. I know she doesn't have children, but she still IS an adult. Where is the accountability for her own actions? If she's so forgiving of herself for using drugs, where is the 'compassion' for her mother?

Posted by SOWayz on 05-22-06 at 00:43 AM
You said it exactly right...she actually thinks that she is pretty hot stuff and that the world owes her because she is a victim. The eyes really do bother me...it is though she is even too lazy to keep both eyes open at the same time. And the voice...maybe her "gift" at graduation could be a-r-t-i-c-u-l-a-t-i-o-n school. No kidding, I can't understand half of what she mumbles.

Posted by SOfan0221 on 05-22-06 at 06:40 AM
She was a big old lump on the couch before SO ever started her on a work out. The only difference I now see is that pre-exercise she would actually be laying down on the couch where now she curls all up.

Most group sessions Christie can be found in her sweats and wearing her slippers.

I am not sure her problem is so much lethargy as it is pure laziness. The woman just does not move. She very rarely expends any energy. She acts and appears lazy. Non-motivated, turned off. But that is jmho.

Posted by BlueCollar Blonde on 05-22-06 at 12:29 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head, she's just plain lazy. On today's show she looked like she had just crawled out of bed for her morning jog that the naturally the whole group got sucked into. I thought ok, it's first thing in the morning, but then we see her go to get her body painted (don't even get me started on this) and she still looks like she just rolled out of bed and barely able to keep her eyes open. There is just something peculiar and annoying about this.

Additionally, the fact that her lower body is still quite disproportionaltly large when compared to the upper half of her body after gastric bypass leads me to believe even more that she is lazy. If she were up moving around, that weight would be dissipating by now. I know in one of her MySpace blogs after Rhonda had run her marathon (not the SO 5k), Chritie was saying then how she finally realized how important it is to get out and move and exercise. Obviously that was just another crock of crap she's spouting off.

Posted by pinksparkleguitar on 05-22-06 at 01:52 PM
I definitely feel like she is too lazy, she hasn't ever had to do something that requires a little discipline . . . .

Posted by maryellennaco on 05-22-06 at 06:34 PM
She probably meant that it was important for RHONDA to get up and exercise, doncha think?? Those myspace photos are always shot from about where the lard meets the larda**, so to speak. We can only hope her "agent" in Outer Mongolia, Kentucky, can get her some "speaking" engagements. No mo running crap for that big old butt.... IMHO