URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID57
Thread Number: 4651
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Nambi's sprained Ankles and lousy Attitude"

Posted by Juliejo on 05-18-06 at 02:00 PM
Nambi has a lousy attitude toward everything and everyone in the house. I dont' know what her problem is but she is just Rude Rude Rude. I wasnt able to see how she sprained both her ankles but she was very unhappy about it and was rude to both Christie and Sommer. She is going up for the BOR again and she may not make it this time as she got a C the last time. I have made a 360 degree turn around in my opinion of her because of the way she is treating everyone else. I understand she has her share of problems but dont we all? I cant' for the life of me see why she has to be so rude to everyone?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Nambi's sprained Ankles and lousy Attitude"
Posted by Seabisquit on 05-18-06 at 02:10 PM
I haven't seen the show yet today, so I know nothing about her ankles being sprainted. But if they are, I'd be grouchy too. Niambi is in this asylum with all these psycho chicks from hell...I'd be rude too...to prevent myself from going CRAZY. I think Niambi takes her assignments a lot more seriously than some of the others. IMO Christie is the rude one. What a nuthouse.

Posted by sandboxx on 05-18-06 at 02:11 PM
I was just about to start the same thread as I just finished watching today's episode...
She is a total ##### with a huge chip on her shoulder!

Posted by GoodnightLittleBear on 05-18-06 at 02:19 PM
How in the heck did she sprain both ankles?? Did she fall down the steps ala Alliham? Maybe the party theory that has been rumored here on the forum is true. She and Antonina were out having a party and Niambi slipped on the disco floor. LOL

Posted by Ujena on 05-18-06 at 02:24 PM
EXCUSE ME??????????????? She sprianed both her ankels??? If you sprain both of them you are not up and walking as well as she is, i wonder....is this for real???? I'll have to wait and see, lol i can't help but post and not even finish watching the show!!!

Posted by Ujena on 05-18-06 at 02:20 PM
As I read these posts I'm watching the show and I am laughing today!!! As for Naimbi spraining both ankles (haven't seen that yet, must be on the second half of the show) but honestly, I would be upset too. How in the world is she going to get around? Is Jodi going to be her house nurse LOL? Anyway, I'll wait to post my thoughts after the show but after being on this message board, I can't help but seeing this program in a new light... I still love it though, my husband calls it the "crying show"(brat)!!! LOL

Posted by eire_heart74 on 05-18-06 at 02:21 PM
I missed a bit of the show but I thought she hurt them both while helping Antonia in her exercise. Oh the vision of Antonia burrowing under her legs was almost to much for me to take!

I see a woman shutting down and going deeper into herself and unhappiness. It's a shame that she isn't in the right place to deal with her issues.

Posted by Seabisquit on 05-18-06 at 02:25 PM
As I said haven't seen the show yet...23 minutes to go. But if Niambi is still dragging around her dark shadow, tied to her ankle, maybe she tripped and fell over it. Just a thought...don't know.

Posted by Lanna42 on 05-18-06 at 02:36 PM
Yes,that's a good explanation Seasbiscuit.But I think it happened during Antonia's exercise.How did she manage to sprain BOTH ankles?And she's supposed to be a runner.The look on her face when Antonia burrowed between her legs was priceless.She had a look of utter indignance that said "I can't believe I signed on for this."I thought Antonia was going to drag her up the hill with her.Shadow person and all.I feel sorry for her.She doesn't really want to be there.

Posted by steelmagnolya on 05-18-06 at 02:29 PM
I would have a bad attitude too if I were Niambi. All of a sudden it has become the "Let's Support Christi So That She Can Start Over" house. And all you get from Christi is that she is "pissed".

I was so angry when they made the 5K everybody's task and they have to support Christi or women all over the world will not be empowered. Give me a break!

I would have broken both of my ankles on purpose rather than help Christi. Niambi had it right when she said Christi is self righteous. I am positive Kim filled Niambi in on her old roommate's ways before leaving. The SO house is her throne!

Posted by MizJazmine on 05-18-06 at 04:28 PM
^5...I agree with ya! I don't think Niambi owes Christie or Sommer anything, and besides that I don't think she was rude. She was just tired.

If anybody was rude it was Christie & Sommer. They knew that Niambi had to go to Urgent Care, but THEY didn't seem to be really concerned about their injured hg. So now who's being rude and SELFISH to boot? IMO certainly not Niambi. Sommer was always a sneak (or is it snake?) just like she's always been IMO. It's nothing new for her.

Yep it's all about supporting Christie, but she doesn't have to give that in return obviously. All Christie does for the most part is think about herself. She is really one SELFISH, BITTER, SELF-RIGHTEOUS, JUDGEMENTAL, ect. person.

Just to think Christie is supposed to be Niambi's "accountability partner"...smh.

Posted by Seabisquit on 05-18-06 at 04:32 PM
AMEN MizJazmine. Thank you for your brilliant insight. Christie is...all well forget it. It's already been said and I'll be done with it.

Posted by maybaybee on 05-22-06 at 05:16 PM
>I would have a bad attitude
>too if I were Niambi.
> All of a sudden
>it has become the "Let's
>Support Christi So That She
>Can Start Over" house. And
>all you get from Christi
>is that she is "pissed".
>
>
>I was so angry when they
>made the 5K everybody's task
>and they have to support
>Christi or women all over
>the world will not be
>empowered. Give me a
>break!
>
>I would have broken both of
>my ankles on purpose rather
>than help Christi. Niambi
>had it right when she
>said Christi is self righteous.
> I am positive Kim
>filled Niambi in on her
>old roommate's ways before leaving.
> The SO house is
>her throne!

Thank you for hitting it dead on the head! Christie has turned into this whiny lump and instead of Rhonda pulling her out of it she's being sucked in. EVERYBODY has to participate in the race. EVERYBODY has to be accomodating of Christie's rude, surly attitude, and don't even think about having a drink because it might upset CHRISTIE. If I were Niambi I'd say "F this B and pass the scotch."
www.chocolatesleuth.com---mystery reviews

Posted by Ujena on 05-18-06 at 02:52 PM
OK, now I have seen it, she is upset but I didn't think her attitude was horriable. I don't think she wants to be there and I think she is in a tender place that needs some tender loving care. I wonder if she is even getting the projects or excersizes set before her, does she get what she is supposed to get from them? I wonder if humiliation is the right way for her, some it works for but I think she is very sad and when she says that she thinks "God has forgotten her" that right there is a huge statement and that says she is in a very sad place.

Also, I wonder if the excersizes make her feel abused instead of enlightened.

Posted by sm2 on 05-18-06 at 02:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-06 AT 02:59 PM (EST)

If she sprained both ankles, why, oh why is she only elevating one ankle????

And she can now carry the shadow, it's now the light side of the dark shadow....what ever the H*ll that is...lol

Posted by Bentley on 05-18-06 at 04:01 PM
I wonder if she hurt herself doing that stupid exercise of Iyanla's where she had Nyambi jumping over a stick with the "shadow" attached to her leg. When I saw that, I said she's going to hurt herself. I didn't see the point in it at all. I had to give Nyambi credit for continuing on when Iyanla kept raising the bar. Those coaches never seem too concerned for the welfare of their students, just as long as they make some kind of point, relevant or not.

Posted by Seabisquit on 05-18-06 at 04:14 PM
Bentley, I thought the same thing about the exercise where Iyanla has her jumping over the stick with her 'shadow' attached to her leg. The last jump looked like she may have hurt her ankles. Then when Antonio was crawling between her legs, Niambi is on a slanted hill and very well could have bent her legs sideways and hurt her ankles. Maybe they didn't show us and maybe Toadie crawled through her legs as well...now that would account for two broken ankles much less sprained. BTW, I read Niambi's blogs on her myspace. She sounds very grounded and intelligent. I actually sent her a message last night and this morning I received a very sweet and lengthy response. I like Niambi and wish her well. She's no dummy IMHO.

Posted by Bentley on 05-18-06 at 05:09 PM
I like her too. She seems to be such a sweet, gentle soul. Some people turn inward when they are yelled at because they are not used to that kind of behavior around them. If the coaches had one ounce of brains, they would change the way they deal with her. Far be it from them to actually alter their methods to help the girls. They have their little productions that have varying outcomes. Them they make up some kind of brilliant deduction from the way it succeeded or not. It reeks of quackery.

Posted by dawgslobber523 on 05-20-06 at 09:27 AM
Woof Woof!!

TOADIE CLIMBED THRU HER LEGS!!!!! I am laughing so hard I cant see straight!!! OMG!!!!

good one
good one
good one!!!!

thanks i needed that

Posted by GoodnightLittleBear on 05-18-06 at 04:09 PM
If she is blaming God for her sprained ankles, she's got serious problems. Even though they claim to banish people for refusing exercises, if I were faced with an exercise that could injure me or humiliate me, I would walk out the door gladly. What these will put up with for a few minutes of fame!

Anyway, Niambi should have known that God would turn his back on her as soon as she hooked up with the "screaming to the universe with a bullhorn while sitting in a swamp" voodoo queen!

Posted by geminirose on 05-18-06 at 04:12 PM
i didnt think she was being a b**** either. it seemed like she'd been at the hospital for quite some time (emergency room visits are never fun) and she has an injury. in addition to that, she questions her self worth and she doesnt feel like she's making any progress in the house. so yeah, i wouldnt be in the mood to deal with self-righteous, judgmental christie either. honestly, based on christie's attitude towards her since she got in the house-- remember that kim was the only housemate who really approached her; and how can we forget christie's "typical white woman" comment-- i really dont think christie cares about niambi's well-being, and niambi knows this. christie is fake, and when someone is in a bad mood there's absolutely no desire to deal with a fake person.

christie ONLY cares about what niambi can contribute to planning the race (which, according to christie, will be a failure if niambi does nothing).

niambi entered the house to work on herself, but that's being overshadowed by everyone having to "support" christie. so now she's being forced to divide her time between recognizing and working on her own issues and having to assist a housemember who has not supported her. (that has me upset, and i'm not even in the house. lol)

and i definitely think she feels more abused than enlightened after the exercises. the approach iyanla is taking with her is not working!

Posted by Seabisquit on 05-18-06 at 04:17 PM
I agree with your post 100@ geminirose, and let's not forget Niambi has been in the SOH less than one month as of today's airing of the show. I think actually closer to 3 weeks.

Posted by Twinkles on 05-18-06 at 04:32 PM
I wasn't sure what to think. She came in and didn't speak which is bad manners. They know that is her way - to shut down and keep to herself. Okay. she hasn't improved. They knew she went to Urgent care and questioned her when she came in. But the questioning was all about "could she work on the 5k and then some <expletive deleted>" It didn't sound like genuine concern about her health even though they started with "you okay, they sprained, no?, then bleep.."

She's been a runner. Sprained ankles can be a bain of a runner's existence because they never fully heal. If she ever plans to return to athletics this will be a problem for HER, not this week's task at the house. And yet, in the voice-over she was feeling the pressure of how she was going to keep helping for the 5k.

I think she gets what she is supposed to do but has few skills about how to say what she needs to say to people.

Posted by MariJ on 05-19-06 at 08:01 PM
Nambi sprained her one knee and on the opposite side her ankle. Can't remember which is which as far as left ankle and right knee or vice versa.

It seems to me if a LC taking a liking to a HG, they're in like flynn (spelling?). If they don't, watch out. No matter WHAT they do will be suspect (the HG) and they will be abused verbally and given inane exercises. I agree with another poster that the LCs, especially IV, doesn't seem to consider their safety OR their self-esteem as far as I'm concerned.

And I've had a sprained ankle, actually twice on the same foot. It was so bad that the doctor had said another time would end up as a break since the ankle was so weakened. So, Twinkles, you're right about Nambi should be concerned for her future as an athlete with this injury. And as far as I'm concerned, this is you know what about Christie has COMPASSION for Nambi. The only compassion Christie has is for Christie. I'll be glad when Christie is out of the house.

Posted by Rowan Bailey on 05-18-06 at 09:42 PM
All Niambi wants to do right now is get together with Situation Man - Lucius. And I find it really strange that after the years she was going back and forth with him that the minute she gets on a national show where he could get his own 15 minutes of fame, he finally decides after one e-mail where she tells him honestly what she wants (and I don't believe she never asked for that ) he is willing to give it all up and have a relationship with her....face it, she is OUTTA THERE and headed into t-r-o-u-b-l-e.

Posted by BimBo on 05-18-06 at 04:26 PM
With the show so close to its season end, the only emphasis in the house right now is on christy/Rhonda's race. So if niambi is too injured to partake, whats the point of keeping her around??? We'll see what happens at BOR.

Posted by sillybear on 05-18-06 at 04:59 PM
I was thinking the same thing Bimbo.I can't really blame Niambi if she does not have the time for all the Christie cr@@.I hope she gets a fair shake at bor.

Posted by redheaded1 on 05-18-06 at 07:02 PM
I disagree with many of the posts here... I think Niambi was incredibly rude when she came into the house. She was asked several times if she was ok. The first time she mumbled something that was barely audible and then after that just didn't even bother to answer. How in the world does she expect others to want to be there for her when she acts like that?

Granted she had been in urgent care for hours no doubt and she was tired, and I don't think anyone expects her to act like Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm...but that doesn't give her the right to blatently ignore someone when they are asking if you are ok. My thoughts were.. ok fine... F**K you!

I like Niambi and it saddend me to see that after weeks in the house that she's still so closed. She doesn't seem to be making any progress in my opinion.

"Life's big problems include the words indictment or inoperable, the rest is small stuff"

Posted by JustBNMe on 05-18-06 at 09:03 PM
I agree with ya. I also wonder why she was only limping when she walked on one foot after Antonia's exercise if she sprained both ankles. I also wonder why none of the HG went with her to get checked out. Wouldn't it be painful to drive with 2 sprained ankles..not to mention potentially dangerous? She aslo would have had them wrapped ot been limping when she walked using both ankles when she returned from being checked out. I never heard of physical therapy for a sprained ankle before either.

Posted by SecretNag on 05-19-06 at 08:50 AM
This is my first post, but I read them all the time. I have been watching SO since season 1, so I am no rookie to the show.

Niambi is not rude. She is single, independent, and used to doing things alone (including her pretend relationship with Situation Man).

Iyanla is the one who brought up the issue with race. All black women weren't raised like Niambi. The only other black woman in the house can't relate to the Niambi's experience.

The show has turned into Help Christie Start Over. If Niambi gets a "C" at board of review because she is exhausted by the process, and the reality of "her life", and lack of interest in "Christie life"...Iyanla should be asked to leave.

I don't think Niambi is lazy...just tired.

Maybe Starting Over is planning to spinoff the show with Christie, Andy and Cassie.

Posted by beckettrep on 05-19-06 at 09:53 AM
>
>Iyanla is the one who brought
>up the issue with race.
> All black women weren't
>raised like Niambi. The
>only other black woman in
>the house can't relate to
>the Niambi's experience.
>

People, in general, can either relate or not relate to each other depending on their life experiences. I think it's a common misconception that if 2 black women are put in a room together they will automatically relate because of the color of their skin. IMHO I firmly believe that not all women, regardless of color will automatically relate to each other. There are probably as many white women who, if put in a room together, couldn't relate to each other either and the fact that both are white is irrelevant. Iguana does indeed seem to try to always make race an issue and that's too bad - people try hard to get beyond skin color and she (Iguana) only serves to promote separatism and distinction based on color. The way I see it Iguana is indeed a racist - and a deadly one because she tries so sweetly to mask it with all her voodoo bs.

Posted by SOfan0221 on 05-22-06 at 06:51 AM
I gotta agree with the majority here, she is rude. She is sullen, she is mean spirited. Niambi only wants one thing, she wants situation man. Similar to Lisa1 and internet man.

She can't have him because he is with another woman so she is willing to sneak around and have an affair with him and then wonders why she feels bad about herself as a person.

The woman rarely smiles. She walks around with a totally blank look on her face and then she can't figure out why the other girls aren't falling all over her to make her feel welcome.

As for her fued with Christie, I think it is Niambi's attempt to take the heat off herself. If Niambi wanted a drink at the resturant then she should have ordered one, instead she lashes out and blames it on Christie. If she isn't a drinker, as she claims, then not ordering a drink should not have been such a big deal to her. I think she is trying to take the heat off herself and Christie is who she is attempting to blame.

She needs to take a long, hard look within herself and decide why she is on SO and if she is really ready to change. I personally don't see it.

Posted by maybaybee on 05-22-06 at 05:24 PM
>>
>>
>
>
>The show has turned into Help
>Christie Start Over. If
>Niambi gets a "C" at
>board of review because she
>is exhausted by the process,
>and the reality of "her
>life", and lack of interest
>in "Christie life"...Iyanla should be
>asked to leave.
>
>I don't think Niambi is lazy...just
>tired.
>
>Maybe Starting Over is planning to
>spinoff the show with Christie,
>Andy and Cassie.

DON'T FORGET ALLISON.

Posted by beckettrep on 05-18-06 at 10:25 PM
>I was thinking the same thing
>Bimbo.I can't really blame Niambi
>if she does not have
>the time for all the
>Christie cr@@.I hope she gets
>a fair shake at bor.
>

A fair shake, IMHO, would be nothing more than a C which will send her packing. She hasn't really done didly-squat and I don't see any improvement.

Posted by techstyle on 05-19-06 at 05:04 PM
I think Niambi has a high threshold of pain both physically and emotionally and I believe she could walk through the pain of her sprains when other people would be sitting around asking for ice chips. Isn't that part of her problem?

Posted by BlueCollar Blonde on 05-18-06 at 09:55 PM
I was somewhat surprised that Niambi seemed to be ignoring the spanish inquisition she was receiving after returning from her Urgent Care Visit. Then it dawned on me that it appeared she was coming home alone unaccompanied by any of the other HGs. Now we all know had Christie gotten a hang nail or a paper cut from all that hard work (not) she's been doing for the big ol' 5K, they'd have called 911 and the whole house (LCs included) would have been at the hospital with her. In this regard, I can understand why Niambi would be peeved. When she was asked how she was doing she should have said "if anyone would have cared enough to go with me, you'd know how I was doing" and be done with it.

Posted by Cinnamongirl30 on 05-18-06 at 10:42 PM
I think that Niambi has come down with a serious case of 'what the hell am I doing here' She strikes me as a private kind of person who doesn't take too kindly to people telling her how and what she is doing wrong or right in her life as would a lot of people. Especially given that they hardly know her at all. That to me explains her attitude at times and it should be respected, but of course that is seen as resisting the process and I guess it makes for crappy reality t.v. I don't blame her for not bonding quickly. She is not fake. The S.O house doesn't seem to be the right place for her. Going to the E.R was probably a well needed break from the girls.

Posted by beckettrep on 05-18-06 at 11:03 PM
>Nambi has a lousy attitude toward
>everything and everyone in the
>house. I dont' know
>what her problem is but
>she is just Rude Rude
>Rude. I wasnt able
>to see how she sprained
>both her ankles but she
>was very unhappy about it
>and was rude to both
>Christie and Sommer. She
>is going up for the
>BOR again and she may
>not make it this time
>as she got a C
>the last time. I
>have made a 360
>degree turn around in my
>opinion of her because of
>the way she is treating
>everyone else. I understand she
>has her share of problems
>but dont we all? I
>cant' for the life of
>me see why she has
>to be so rude to
>everyone?

Numb-ambi is just a rude beoytch plain and simple. She's lazy and not willing to put her heart into anything going on in that house. She was a slut when she willing messed around with a guy who was already taken and continues to be one even now when she SAYS he has left the old girlfriend. I hope she DOES hook up with him and then she can wait for him to find another bimbo to be his new 'other woman'. Maybe then Numb-ambi will see how it REALLY feels - and she will deserve whatever hurt she gets. She's using the sprained ankles as an excuse and also because once again, she's jealous that the focus is on Pissed-T as much as it is. I'm not a Pissed-T fan but the reality is that right now she really is the only one with anything REALLY going on so it only stands to reason that that is where most of the focus will be. Numb-ambi needs to get over herself and lose the chip on her shoulder - I believe she DOES use her being a 'woman of color' as the reason why things are how they are in the house - she came in convinced she'd be viewed differently simply because of the color of her skin and I don't see where her thinking on that issue has changed one iota. I suspect that once she's gone (hopefully at BOR) we'll be reading somewhere on the internet how she was so misunderstand and mistreated because she was a black woman thrown in with a house full of white women. I can just hear her now...........

Posted by snowflake2 on 05-19-06 at 00:26 AM
I thought that, from a safety standpoint, it was incredibly stupid of Iyanla to make Niambi do the "jumping" exercise, and participate in Antonia's "climbing" exercise, with that huge piece of foam tied to her ankle. It was a safety hazard not only to Niambi, but to the other HG's as well. Anyone could have easily tripped over that stupid thing, resulting in an injury.

You'd think this show would be more safety-conscious after PJ's fall down the stairs during an exercise (Season One) resulting in that huge hematoma and subsequent "hole" in her leg.

I think Niambi has Christie's number. Niambi knows Christie didn't really give a cr@p how her ankles were; she was just asking because that's what a "compassionate" person is supposed to do. The "real" Christie is the one who was quick to roll her eyes and insult Niambi to Sommer. To Sommer's credit, she didn't respond.

Posted by Goodgrief on 05-19-06 at 01:45 AM
I agree with the safety issues. I guess this means that we won't see Niambi run in Krispie's race. Even though Niambi made the disclaimer that she was no longer a "high performance athlete" I was looking forward to her participation. But, alas, two sprained ankles...

Posted by Twinkles on 05-19-06 at 02:32 AM
Niambi hasn't made progress with coming out of her shell or being approachable. I agree about that.

I was a runner with chronically sprained ankles. I've done physical therapy for them a couple of times. I also have injured knees. 2 of them. And although I receive treatment for both, sometimes I favor one by limping because one hurts more than the other.

"Niambi, "God forgot me""
Posted by mrspicklepants44 on 05-19-06 at 11:47 AM
When she said that the other day I felt instantly that this woman is suffering from depression, severe depression. Think about it, the withdrawal, sleeping, smoking, look at her!! I think she needs some psychological help. Saying God forgot me was really sad. I dont think she is so bad, shes just given up.

"RE: Niambi, "God forgot me""
Posted by amchess on 05-19-06 at 01:21 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I noticed Niambi wasn't limping when she was walking up the sidewalk to the house after her dr. appt., but once in the house she did start limping. Waiting to see a dr., especially in an emergency room, will wear out anyone! I can see needing some down time after that.

Posted by Labyrinth on 05-21-06 at 09:27 AM
>You'd think this show would be
>more safety-conscious after PJ's fall
>down the stairs during an
>exercise (Season One) resulting in
>that huge hematoma and subsequent
>"hole" in her leg.

Remember Iguana is the same Life Coach that had Jill with her tumor toting 10 sets of luggage up and down stairs and then had her do an obstacle course with said luggage.

There is no concern for people's safety on this show and never has been.

I do find it interesting that Niambi, who didn't want to participate in the 5K as a runner/walker, conveniently sprains her ankle. Also, I wonder how good an athlete she really was? Maybe being prone to injury is why she has dropped out of sports.

Irregardless, it was Niambi wasn't it who tried out for a different reality show and got stuck with SO? (or was that Antonia?)

Posted by sharnina on 05-21-06 at 11:14 AM
You can google Niambi and find what a world class athlete she was. She probably dropped out because of age and because it is a grueling liftestyle.

Antonia is the one that auditioned for the Real Life and was cast in SOH instead.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Posted by maybaybee on 05-22-06 at 05:35 PM
Does Iy look like she knows anything about being physically fit?
Iyanla and people who are not athlethic cannot not imagine how delicate the athletes' body is. Having them do all kind of dumb manuevers and then surprised they would be injured is just ridiculous. I think SO should only have a certified physical trainer give these women excersises, otherwise stick to journaling and hitting sofa's with plastic baseball bats.
Top atheletes have a better understanding of their injuries than the rest of us. I don't blame Niambi for not wanting to participate in this nonsense.
As for Christie, hit her in the face with a cream pie.

Posted by ybarks on 05-19-06 at 04:54 PM
Well i don't think that she rude she real and the other women seem to be fake,and Christie seems to be at the top of the list of being fake.I think that she did hurt her ankle because i know a thing or two about sprained ankles and that could have appened when she went through her legs i saw he pain on her face when it happened.

Posted by GoodnightLittleBear on 05-19-06 at 05:01 PM
I'm just curious to find out how she managed to sprain both ankles at the same time. Was she parachuting or did someone try to throw her out the window?

Posted by geminirose on 05-19-06 at 07:06 PM
when she was on the phone with mr. situation i thought she said she had a sprained knee and a twisted ankle.

Posted by techstyle on 05-19-06 at 07:18 PM
>when she was on the phone
>with mr. situation i thought
>she said she had a
>sprained knee and a twisted
>ankle.

Yes, she explained her injury to him but not to the other hgs, at least not on film. I just do not remember if Gumby was tied to her foot at the time. Can anyone clarify?

Posted by Seabisquit on 05-19-06 at 07:40 PM
Niambi explains her ankle injury on her blog in her Myspace.

Posted by sharnina on 05-20-06 at 02:13 AM
This from Niambi's myspace journal concerning the injuries;

Now off to the hill... We are to be obstacles for Lil T. Cool, I can do this! Then I find out, I gotta take Sasha! D@mn, I was afraid of that! But. okay. Let's roll. When we get there I realize that this isnt a hill at all, but a bonafide mountain. And production tells me that since I'm the most athletic, I have to go to the bottom and be the first obstacle. That irritates me, but I start off down the mountain. Well, this mountain was soooo steep, it went straight down. There was no gentle sloping and the ground was loose dirt. So here I am, trying to get down Mt. Fuji, made of quicksand, with Sasha's #####!! Lawd. There's a camera crew right in front of me, so I try to slow down my decent, and hyperextend my right knee. And I still have about 100 more yards before I get to the bottom! But the show must go on!

When Toni comes through, she's determined and I'm hurting, so I dont give her much resistance. After Toni makes it to the top, I slowly start back up this mountain. This mountain that's littered with these HUGE gopher holes. They are everywhere. And the only reason I know they're gopher holes, is because I can see the gophers coming out of them. They're popping their heads in and out. These things are huge. Great, that's all I need is to get bitten by some oversized, pissed off rodent!! Well, I didnt get bitten, but on the way back up, I inadvertently stepped in one of these holes and twisted my left ankle! Freaking wonderful... I'm hot, irritated, bogged down with my shadow, and have injured both legs. ????

(for those that were concerned that she was all alone at urgent care)
Mama Iy arranges for me to be taken to urgent care by one of the PA's. It so funny, cause one of the head producers is hurt too. So he and I are sitting in urgent care together. It was kinda cool, though, cause there's always a wall between us and production. I act like they dont even exist. But he and I actually got to talk tonight. Hell, we were there for almost 6 hours!! The doctor says I have a minor sprain to my ankle and congestion and inflammation in my knee. The swelling and acute pain have both subsided and I just want to go back to house. I'm exhausted!

Laying in bed right now with a bag of frozen peas on my knee and some corn on my ankle. Hopefully, I wont be down too long! The next few days are going to be jam packed. You know what's funny? Or maybe not so funny? Yesterday, I was walking around here playing with some crutches that Lisa left. And now, I'm hobbled. The Universe really is alive and I'm a powerful creator. THE LESSON: I will be much more careful about what I create, in the future!

Posted by tac_2 on 05-20-06 at 02:35 AM
Niambi is coming off more bitter by the day and although I'm no fan of Jodi's I'd say she might be the only one that could get through to her. And that blog of hers? OMG, I tried reading it, and it literally started giving me me headache. Niambi is far too full of herself. I'm wondering if she's doing any regular workouts or just letting herself get lazy.

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 05-22-06 at 00:43 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-06 AT 00:06 AM (EST)

Sharnina wrote: "This from Niambi's myspace journal concerning the injuries; 'The Universe really is alive and I'm a powerful creator. THE LESSON: I will be much more careful about what I create, in the future!'"

Please tell me that this intelligent (OK, and moody) woman does not really believe that her mind and outlook is enough to influence the laws of physics. She can't really believe that she has the power to create an environment that led to her double injury -- can she?

So what if Iyanla suggests that there are "forces" just waiting in the celestial wings for a mortal's "head trip" to motivate them into action. That doesn't mean it's true! AHHH! To find the cause of her boo-boos, all Niambi has to do is consider the obvious -- right here on this earthly plane.

"Sasha" (is that what they actually named this inanimate object?), that foam rubber cut-out that has been mandatorily tethered to Niambi's foot, has been driving me crazy since Iyanla put it there. It's embarrassing to watch somebody suffer such humiliation. Watch - it'll be removed now that Niambi's been injured (which is fine, except it will be removed with the accompanying fanfare that Niambi can now release her "shadow-self" with gratitude for all she's done for Niambi...). Yuck.

Niambi....do what you do best -- RUN!

ETA: typo

Posted by Rowan Bailey on 05-22-06 at 11:24 AM
I believe it....and look, if you review the boards and see these situations.....antonia breaking her tooth, niambi hurting herself (and good for her, she got that at least).

Everything is connected, and I bet if I had more time go continue to match up incidents in the SO house to emotional states I could list many more......

It is a medical fact that attitude and repressed anger play a very big part in cancer. The power of prayer, good attitude it DOES matter. Just for a moment take off your opinion hat and make a list of things that happen in your life...good and bad and see the connection....there is one and you will be surprised when you identify it for yourself.

I stand by my other post....Niambi is done, now that Situation Man has made himself available to her, she wants to leave and be with him........

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 05-22-06 at 08:01 PM
Sorry...I can't believe it. Not in this overly simplistic form, anyway.

I'd love to discuss it with you, as I do believe in the power of prayer as well as the link between emotional and physical health. But I have a sneaking suspicion it would be deemed OT by a mod.

My opinion, which doesn't change a thing for anyone except me, is based on my life experience. That experience has taught me that broken teeth are usually caused by tooth decay, and sprained ankles are usually acute and not chronic conditions resulting from someone's mental status.

It's a free country - thank God, thank your higher power, thank no-one, or thank yourself.

Posted by sharnina on 05-22-06 at 08:27 PM
YOU rock.

Posted by Rowan Bailey on 05-23-06 at 12:47 PM
Well, I never thought that way until I started opening my mind to the possiblity, and then I was surprised about how many of these "conincidences" I found........one of the biggest points in the house is "staying present" .....when we are not present, we open ourselves up to things happening. Most skiing accidents happen on the last run of the day....why? because people aren't paying as much attention as they are in the begining of the day, they are thinking about what they are going to do next and not present to what they are doing.....

There is a compelling argument that Niambi was not present when she stepped into the gopher hole, which is how she injured herself, not when Antonia went through her legs..... She was distracted by what happened on the mountain by the noise in her head. She knew there were gopher holes, she spoke in detail about it in her blog......it is all just perspective....

I do prefer this perspective because it gives more power to make changes rather than create a "victim" of circumstances....but whatever makes y'all happy and gives you the life you want....if it's not broken, then heck...don't try to fix it....

Posted by sharnina on 05-23-06 at 05:44 PM
"Being present" is just another Iyanla-ism that means the same thing as being focused. Niambi was present - she was there not some where else. She was also on a steep hillside with Sasha attached to her ankle and grown a$$ woman crawling between her legs. Doesn't sound all that cosmic to me. Something unfortunate was bound to happen.

Posted by amandatees on 05-22-06 at 10:15 AM
I was wondering how Christie made it up there...guess that's why she was at the TOP to begin with!!
Also I though it odd Jodi seemed more atleticly inclined climbing up that Antonia- she was stuggling! But I guess skinny doesn't mean strong or agile. But Jodi? I was kinda happy to see her manhandle control of that mountain. (should that shock me though? LOL)

"niambi"
Posted by mrspicklepants44 on 05-20-06 at 12:23 PM
Hey she may be pathetic but she sure has nice clothes!! What kind of a job does she have? She looks like a pissed off Whitney Houston..

"RE: niambi"
Posted by sm2 on 05-20-06 at 06:22 PM
Does anyone have any idea when these blogs are written. Are they done after the eposode is shown on TV or as they are happening? The only reason I ask is that it seems like perhaps Niambi has seen this episode on TV and then thought, perhaps I better do some damage control. Perhaps I didn't look so great or sounded rude, so I'll quick go and write something about it. Just a thought and was wondering.

Posted by JustBNMe on 05-20-06 at 06:50 PM
I am under the opinion that the blogs are written after the show airs. Remember Jill's was added todaily and talked abou thte show that aired that particuliar day. I thought it was soemone else writing it posing as Jill as they didn't have anything to say other than what was on the air. Niambi is probably doing damage control. I really don't think Niambi was as hurt as she tried to act. She was quite selective when she limped and how she acted.

Posted by sharnina on 05-20-06 at 07:25 PM
She explains in one of her early entries that she is writing according to SO time so that she doesn't break her contract. My feeling is that she is filling in the gaps because she has become acutely aware of the liberties taken with editing. And I'm sure she doesn't feel that she has been accurately portrayed so far.

A good example of this is the time we saw her talking on the phone and were led to believe that she was talking to Situation man when, in fact, she was talking to a male friend of hers. Another example is the email situation. What we saw on the screen was very different from what actually took place.

I'm sure she is trying to do a little damage control but who of us in her situation wouldn't do the same thing?

Posted by alyse73 on 05-21-06 at 02:03 AM
I can not stand her. She has a chip on her shoulder, rude and not giving to anyone in the house. She should have gotten another "c", instead she got a "b"..b must be for BS

Posted by MizJazmine on 05-21-06 at 05:55 AM
>I can not stand her. She
>has a chip on her
>shoulder, rude and not giving
>to anyone in the house.
>She should have gotten another
>"c", instead she got a
>"b"..b must be for BS
>
Is that you Christie?

Posted by mikaela643 on 05-21-06 at 07:18 AM
I don't care how many mommy issues Niambi has. There's a line between attitude and being a witch and she crosses it all the time. I have a friend that reminds me of Niambi and I find them both exhausting. I don't understand how her face doesn't hurt by now with walking around with that sour look all the time. I don't care for Christie either, but Niambi's walking around playing the blame game and has focused in on Christie.

Posted by mrspicklepants44 on 05-21-06 at 11:30 AM
niambi should share her pain pills with Christie and then they could be buds again!! Its nice to see how easy it is to get Vicodin, no wonder we are a drug addicted society...Niambi looks like shes in terrible pain, NOT!

Posted by Redbud on 05-21-06 at 09:58 AM
I don't know if Niambi really sprained her ankle(s) or not, although I am deeply suspicious. Nevertheless, I don't blame her one bit for not wanting to help that self-righteous Christie. Christie has been arrogant and condescending with Niambi, I don't care if she never lifts a finger to help.

Posted by Juliejo on 05-21-06 at 11:21 AM
I agree with an eariler post that Niambi is depressed. She looks so sad all the time and acts so sad all the time. I think she needs some major help with the depression.

Posted by Shazbot on 05-21-06 at 04:26 PM
In terms of not being taken advantage of... well if I were Niambi I'd want to preserve my feelings too in the midst of the Christie show... and now Niambi is also physically hurt and NOBODY CARES!!!

But we heard it from Iyanla... Antonia lost her tooth because she was talking about Daddy... and while Iyanla says she wasn't happy that Niambi hurt herself, somehow it was Niambi's fault that Antonia charged like a bull and twisted Niambi's ankle. On Niambi's site, she brilliantly says she should be careful about what she asks the universe for...

Niambi represents all of the frustrated viewers... and well, what have we all been asking for, watching this really TWISTED show.

Posted by Rowan Bailey on 05-22-06 at 11:35 AM
I don't know......I mean Christy is not the one that is in charge of the tasks, it is the show.....

If memory serves me...Niambi came into the house tired. I remember them showing scenes of the women doing things and welcoming newcomers and Niambi sleeping all over the house.

Maybe she is depressed, and I do think that she wants to address her issues, but I just don't think that she has humility, but I think it is more of a defense than entitlement, even though it comes off as a chip on her shoulder. I think that she is just protecting herself. But she is really not open to anyone helping her, and I can understand that, I relate to that part of her. I think that there is a part of Niambi that feels she is beyond help, I think that is the depression.....and of course, not true.

Her reaction about feeling that running a 5K reacting "I am not a high performance athlete" well, running a 5K does not really require high performance athletics......it was Niambi's assumption, and one of the coaches/Dr Stan did call her on that.

I think that she clashes with Christy because Christy is the opposite of her, Christy does ask for help, and it just ticks off Niambi because Niamabi can't ask for help. Niambi, because of self preservation, may view this as weak, and has to diminish Christy in order to justify why she doesn't ask for help......

I think that we are missing the point, that part of being in the house is that the ONLY way our real issues present themselves is when we are engaging them. Individual therapy will never capture the socialogical side of our issues, and being in an enviroment like this does......we can't hide from them when they are there...and that is the good news

Posted by cowscomehome on 05-21-06 at 07:58 PM
I don't care for her at all either...her attitude sucked before they ran out of time to finish up her issues. Maybe they thought she'd have 'gotten it' before the end of the show?
What happens if they leave you hanging like this? I bet she works it all out with Dr. Stan and IV after the show ends?

She is bound and determined to have a twisted entanglement with Lucius so there really is no point in going any furhter with her.

Posted by staceeturner on 05-22-06 at 01:54 PM
Niambi better hide her vicodin. LOL before miss christie finds it.

short&sassy

Posted by maybaybee on 05-22-06 at 05:11 PM
>Nambi has a lousy attitude toward
>everything and everyone in the
>house. I dont' know
>what her problem is but
>she is just Rude Rude
>Rude. I wasnt able
>to see how she sprained
>both her ankles but she
>was very unhappy about it
>and was rude to both
>Christie and Sommer. She
>is going up for the
>BOR again and she may
>not make it this time
>as she got a C
>the last time. I
>have made a 360
>degree turn around in my
>opinion of her because of
>the way she is treating
>everyone else. I understand she
>has her share of problems
>but dont we all? I
>cant' for the life of
>me see why she has
>to be so rude to
>everyone?

I don't blame her for being rude to fake A Sommer and whiny A Christie. They are so tired! If I was Niambi, there would be film of me hobbling down the street on them bad a$$, sprained ankles getting the heck away from them witches.

Posted by flower2 on 05-22-06 at 10:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-06 AT 10:11 PM (EST)

I think it's great that Niambi stood her ground with Dr. Stan regarding running. Just because she was a "high performance athelete" in the past, doesn't mean she's one now. Fat Christie at one point was smaller--she certainly isn't now. Niambi explained when she came in the house that she discontinued track and field because she never really wanted to do it and wasn't being true to herself. Now why would they try to force her to do something she has clearly rid herself of? I googled Niambi and only found her to be a long jumper. I'm not sure she ran at all.

Give the girl a break!

Posted by sharnina on 05-23-06 at 03:53 AM
She was a jumper but I can guarantee you that running was definitely a part of her training regimen.

And the 5k is not a sprint to see who can finish the fastest. It is short run (jog, walk) to feature and support a worthy charity. I don't think Christie was focusing on Niambi's ability to run but that she hoped Niambi would participate just as the other HG's intend to participate.

Dr. Stan's point was that Niambi bent Christie's comment way out of proportion and that it wasn't all about her.

Posted by flower2 on 05-23-06 at 07:47 PM
I'm sure running was part of her training and it is also part of long and triple jumping. However, it was something that also caused Niami emotional turmoil. It was selfish, IMHO that she be expected to do something that caused her pain. Why was it sooo hard for the Golden Child Christie, to understand Niami's hesitance? As I recall, Chrisitie's comment was that Niambi would "run." Niambi reacted to that word and the expectation that came with it. She never said she wouldn't participate but Christie probably wanted to exploit her by advertising that a world class athelete was part of her shoddy race.

Anyhow, Dr. Stan not only redirected Niambi, but all the women. I think this was because he knew that what initially was Christie's assignment had become the entire house's. I'm sure there was resentment because with all of their work, Christie gets all the credit.

Posted by MizJazmine on 05-23-06 at 06:49 PM
Flower2...I agree. I was glad that Niambi cut that to the quick too, because that belongs to her and her alone. I did feel that Christie was trying to be manipulative and if Niambi would have allowed it they would have tried to exploit her because she does have the athletic record she has. So I'm not believing for one minute that Niambi's abilities weren't on Christie's mind. IMO Christie's a coward. She didn't have the guts to ask Niambi how she felt about the 5k run on her own and personally ask for her support. Nope that had to be brought up in group, where of course Dr. Stan slaps Niambi's hand for clarifying how she was gonna support and Christie? Oh she was backpedaling and lying with help of Dr. Stan of course.