URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 465
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Carrie on Ellen"

Posted by Ellehcar71 on 06-09-05 at 04:08 PM
Yesterday, 6/8, Carrie was on the Ellen show. Interview was the same old "I wasn't sure if he really called my name," etc.... Then she performed "Inside Your Heaven." Now, I didn't hate Carrie (though I love Bo), so I was trying to keep an open mind - after all, the competition is over. But I thought she sounded pretty terrible. Of course, the performance was "wooden," but that was not what bothered me. She didn't sound good, IMO.

Anyone else see this? Agree? Disagree?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Carrie on Ellen"
Posted by run800mgrl on 08-03-05 at 05:41 PM
I suppose it is about just being a performer, not talented, if that makes any sense. Like Britney Spears, she (in my opinion) is not a great singer, but she puts on a show.

Posted by geekboy on 08-04-05 at 07:34 AM
And then you have Bo, a truly great performer and a great singer.

Bo's rendition of "Inside Your Heaven" is head and shoulders above Carrie's, and was all of his performances on AI...but i digress back into history.

geekboy

Posted by libgirl2 on 08-10-05 at 07:36 PM
>I suppose it is about just
>being a performer, not talented,
>if that makes any sense.
>Like Britney Spears, she (in
>my opinion) is not a
>great singer, but she puts
>on a show.

But Carrie always suffered from looking so wooden.

Posted by truckingmom1 on 08-12-05 at 12:44 PM
I think Carrie is wonderful but I may be a little bias on that, I am from Oklahoma and it seems to me Oklahoma has alot of singers that have made it in the music business. She sings great and she is young and she does her best. She is from a small country town and now she has a chance to show the world what she can do. She hasnt let stardom go to her head either. Just give her a chance and dont judge her to fast she might surprise you and everyone else who doesnt care for her.