URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4637
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"What if last night ending with a tie vote?"

Posted by seas72 on 12-17-07 at 06:31 PM
Does anyone know what the tie breaker would've been had Denise received the same votes as Todd?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: What if last night ending with a tie vote?"
Posted by smokedog on 12-17-07 at 06:44 PM
My guess? I think they would have split the money and been co-winners.

Which would have sucked.

"RE: What if last night ending with a tie vote?"
Posted by Max Headroom on 12-18-07 at 08:57 AM
Under the previous Survivor system of a final 2 with an odd number of jury members, a tie was impossible. With the change to a final 3, there had to be a tiebreaker as there is too much "sole Survivor" hype to allow a final tie.

In order for a tie to exist with a final 3 and seven-person jury, the votes have to be split 3-3-1. I would have the person who voted for the third-place finisher re-vote between the top two and break the tie.

The situation is more difficult with a final 3 and nine-person jury. While a 4-4-1 tie is resolved as above, how do you handle a 3-3-3 tie? That may be why they changed the format to a seven-person jury with a final 3.

"clarification wanted"
Posted by smokedog on 01-13-08 at 04:17 PM
Does anyone know for sure where the other Courtney vote came from (we saw Denise as one)? I thought it was from Frosti, but now on the CBS website and on wikipedia, they have it from James.

Does anyone know what the answer is?