URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID57
Thread Number: 4635
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Sommer's Make over!"

Posted by eire_heart74 on 05-16-06 at 12:13 PM
Wow! Well clutch my pearls! I actually liked it. The hair was a big improvement. It looked healthy and had movement. I loved the boots!!! I like the dress too. It worked on her. Esp with the boots!

More clothes with a shopping trip with Andy Paige in NYC?!?! Wow!! Didn't Bethany get that too? I wonder how much she'll have to spend. Clothes in the city ain't cheap. Maybe they'll cross the border into Jersey to save on the sales tax!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Sommer's Make over!"
Posted by snowflake2 on 05-16-06 at 12:50 PM
Well, the cut was basically the same "choppy" 'do they are giving all the HG's this season. But I agree, it was a tremendous improvement because of how horrible Sommer's hair was on her Season 3 stay in the SOH. She looked like she got her hair cut in a bob, and then it all fell out until she only had 12 strands left...12 very dry, heat damaged strands. It's almost like Sommer was so determined to be the perfect little HG this season, that she even entered the SOH with a look that was so bad, even Andy Paige could actually improve it.

The dress was nice, although in some shots, it almost looked like a kimono.

My take on the "NYC shopping trip with Andy Paige" graduation gifts is that Andy probably gets more out of it than the HG's...I'm sure she receives a paycheck for shlepping them around the city. Funny how they never mention the dollar value of these shopping sprees...

Posted by beckettrep on 05-16-06 at 11:01 PM
Of course Sommer is excited about the shopping trip - lots more 'stuff' to sell on E-bay no doubt.

Posted by candyprincess on 05-16-06 at 12:54 PM
I liked her hair and make-up, but I thought some of the other dresses she tried on where nicer.

I think the shopping trip is okay but, does she really need more hip-hop classes?

Posted by redheaded1 on 05-16-06 at 01:22 PM
I thought she looked great!! Andy really redeamed herself from Jodi's "makeover" fiasco. But, I didn't like the boots. To me a satin floral dress needs a dressy sandal, but that's just my opinion.

"Life's big problems include the words indictment or inoperable, the rest is small stuff"

Posted by petmama on 05-16-06 at 04:32 PM
Boots with a satiny dress? Maybe Andy's creating another Rhonda clone.

"UGGG, the dress!!"
Posted by mrspicklepants44 on 05-16-06 at 05:07 PM
The dress...It did nothing for her figure, it looked like she stole it off the table at a sushi bar. Come on andy, what are you thinking?? She would have looked cute in a halter style dress with the high waist you pointed out several times was flattering to her figure. So why did you pick a hankerchief?? Duh!!

"RE: UGGG, the dress!!"
Posted by petmama on 05-17-06 at 05:04 PM
I actually liked the Sommer's dress better than anything this season's other SO graduates have chosen this season. At least her boobs weren't falling out like Jessica's, Kelly's, and Lisa II's. Her butt wasn't sticking out a mile like Jodi's. And, the sleeves covered her flabby upper arms. That's why I didn't like the halter dress on her.

Posted by bentherdunthat on 05-16-06 at 01:27 PM
I loved Sommers hair and makeup, and although I liked the dress, I thought it wore Sommer rather than Sommer wearing it. It was a really bold dress (beautiful, but bold) and I didn't think Sommer carried it off. I'd have to say that Andy Paige actually did a fairly decent job on this one. Wow. Who knew she had it in her?

Posted by sillybear on 05-16-06 at 01:30 PM
I liked everything but the dress.I thought I might wear it as a housecoat.But on second thought mabey not.I loved the hair and would love to have a pair of those boots!

Posted by Kass1247 on 05-16-06 at 01:53 PM
I thought Sommer looked lovely. I loved her hair and I loved her makeup. I wasn’t wild about the dress, but that’s just me. The difference is Sommer liked it AND also stood up to Andy Paige against a lot of the choices that Andy made that Sommer didn’t care for. What I also liked about it is that Sommer seemed comfortable in the dress and resisted all the overly sexy outfits Andy is always trying to shove off on those women. It also flattered her figured. Plus I loved the boots.

Posted by petmama on 05-17-06 at 05:09 PM
The revealing outfits Andy chose for Sommer did nothing for her figure. Some of them were too tight. The low necked ones made her boobs look droppy. And, everything but the dress Sommer chose revealed her flabby upper arms.

Posted by tmj212 on 05-16-06 at 01:59 PM
She looked good. I actually didn't realize how much weight she lost until I saw her graduation montage and they showed how big she was when she first entered the house. I'm glad the graduation wasn't long and drawn out. I never was a Sommer fan. It was really good to see her former housemates doing well.

Posted by Juliejo on 05-16-06 at 02:36 PM
I liked the look. She looked very pretty and hair was much nicer. It looked healtier and sharper. The dress was pretty too and I thought she looked great. Christie must have been jealous because she sat through the entire graduation with a gross look on her face and never once smiled. Sommer looked very nice and I was glad for her.

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 05-16-06 at 04:07 PM
Yes, she looked good. The hair? There wasn't much choice - cut it or put a wig on the head. Lots of make-up brought out her eyes, which are her best feature.

I wasn't crazy about the pattern on the dress, although the cut was flattering. And I'm with the poster who pointed out the fact that the boots didn't really go with a dress that was that silky looking. JMO.

BTW...doesn't it seem like Sommer just arrived four or five days ago. She must have been on the fast track or something (actually, she's hanging around to be an assistant to the assistant to Christie...that's more support than Playtex offers, lol)! Sommer made a choice to come back, but she must have been reminded of her "sin" on a daily basis and ten times during her graduation.

And when did SO stop handing out roses and switch to the more economical Gerbera Daisy?

Posted by Seabisquit on 05-16-06 at 05:15 PM
I thought Sommer's haircut and make-up looked nice. The dress...not so crazy about with all the dress shops out here in Southern California...I think she could have found something much better. The boots didn't so much go with the dress, IMO, however, I think Andy has the girls find their best pair of shoes and trys to make it go with their outfits. Wanna bet Sommer will have tons of photo's from her graduation plastered all over her websites. I remember way back when she first came to the SOH how she said all her girlfriends thought if she lost weight she would be prettier than they were (they were models). Sommer believed it then and believes it now. I think she is photogenic, but please get over yourself already Sommer. It is so not attractive to be so conceited.

Posted by geminirose on 05-16-06 at 05:23 PM
christie was definitely jealous of sommer. since they both had gastric bypass you can bet christie was comparing their bodies and thinking about how she could never look as good in that outfit. she probably secretly resents sommer for not having a scar on her arm or having a hefty lower body.

Posted by horsewhisperer on 05-16-06 at 06:56 PM
I have to say that Sommers' hair and make up looked lovely. She really is a pretty girl. The dress, I'm not so sure. It reminded me of a kimono, and the pattern was mu-mu-ish. But I have to hand it to Sommer, she pulled it off nicely. She also seemed to be more polished and somewhat humble. I also agree with geminirose, that christie resents Sommer. Sommer seems to have slimmed down more proportionately. And Christie, from the waist down...ugh.

Posted by DedeV on 05-16-06 at 07:41 PM
Sommer gets on my last nerve, but I have to say she was breath taking today. I didn't mind the dress at all. Of course, it's a good thing we don't all like the same things or it would be a boring world!

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 05-16-06 at 08:22 PM
Sommer looked good, the girls looked good - with the exception of one individual. Christie looked like she crawled out of a clothing hamper, tied her hair back, and said, "let's get this overwith. I have a 5K to stress about!"

It was pretty disrespectful actually.

Posted by AmazonBlue on 05-16-06 at 08:46 PM
I noticed the same thing. Cant get out of her own head for someone else, she has that theme. Did I miss Sommers Hip Hop dance performance?

Posted by bentherdunthat on 05-16-06 at 10:59 PM
I didn't notice how Christie dressed for Sommeers graduation...can anyone post a pic?

Posted by Omniscia on 05-17-06 at 01:37 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-06 AT 01:46 AM (EST)

I thought Sommer looked great. She seemed to have grown up a lot since being in the house... I also loved hearing that Dr. Stan had called her when she was thrown out. It's nice to know he cares beyond the cameras, IMO.

Question though-- Jennifer from Season 2 stated that she had been there to see Sommer's things randomly packed and it was hard. I thought Jennifer was wayyyy gone when Sommer got kicked out?? And Cassie, Towanda, Renee, Rachel and Denise were the ones there. Me confused. Someone show me the light! ;)

Posted by Madigan on 05-17-06 at 05:07 AM
I think Jennifer said that she was with Sommer on the night that she got kicked out - I assumed that Sommer went to her house, or called Jennifer and got together with her. Either way, it seemed like she saw the aftermath of what happened and not what happened firsthand.

Posted by elgin on 05-17-06 at 01:41 PM
One time Andy Paige did a good job and didn't make someone look like her circus clown Winged Avenger makeup clone. Lucky Sommer.

Posted by 26mitogo on 05-17-06 at 11:28 AM
I did like the make-up. And the hair had no where else to go but up. But did you notice the back of her hair? Looked like that same SOH rat sucked on it ... the same one that seems to get to many of the graduates. I think the rats name might be "Andy"! The look did help Sommer look healthier and more mature. The 'do she came in with looked like it was in hopes of pleasing the Rhonda/Andy duo with the spikey-stick-out-all-over 'do they seem to love so much. But the dress wasn't something I personally like. But, as someone else said, thankfully we don't all have the same taste. And I'm also not fond of heavy boots with a light weight, floral dress.

What cracked me up was all the squeeks & squaks of the speakers then the extreme over-the-top oooohhhs & aaahhhhs of the others HMs during the gift announcement. I wish I could remember who it was that also got the coveted NY shopping extravaganza with Andy. I remember the huge dollar amount of a few hundred $$$s was actually announced because I remember thinking that would hardly be worth showing up for. I'd take the cost of the flight, what Andy would be paid, and that small amount and take myself shopping wherever I lived. Now that would make a better shopping trip. As often as Andy has been on this season I thought maybe she'd moved to the LA area. Are you telling me they fly this idiot out and put her up in some posh hotel (I'm sure only the best would be acceptable for MissAndy) AND pay her ... just to take the grads shopping for hideous clothes and a funky 'do??? You've got to be kidding!

And, of course Christie's expressions were sooo ... Christie! It's gotta be miserable inside that self-absorbed, jealous head of hers. What would be totally hilarious would be some tech trick that would broadcast the TRUE thoughts of everyone at each of the graduations! Now that would actually be fun.

sig by the talented Sharnina

Posted by petmama on 05-17-06 at 04:58 PM
Bethany from North Carolina got the NYC shopping spree. If what she wore during her visit to Allison this season is an example, it looked like Andy tried to turn her into a Rhonda clone.

Posted by Omniscia on 05-18-06 at 01:21 AM
I think XXXtina got a shopping spree with Andy as well. For more "grown up attire." Gag me.

Posted by petmama on 05-17-06 at 05:15 PM
>I did like the make-up. And
>the hair had no where
>else to go but up.
> But did you notice
>the back of her hair?
> Looked like that same
>SOH rat sucked on it
>...

Or, maybe a cat was doing the sucking. I've got two cats who would get on my back, early in the morning, and pull my hair with their teeth.

Posted by Cleverone on 05-19-06 at 05:26 PM

Yes...it seems that Andy has redeemed herself...a bit, anyway. Loved the hair (it really does justice to her jaw line, much as Andy said it would)....loved the dress, but the boots (although, they were pretty) seemed out of place with the material of the dress...dress (screamed warm weather)...boots (a bit wintry to me). Overall, it's the best thing Andy's pulled off in a while.

I haven't left the boards....been off the for a few days (attending a 40 year HS reunion)...just wanted to play catch up in my postings and give Sommer and Andy's makeover a reveiw.

"I walk in my own shoes..."

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 05-20-06 at 00:27 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-06 AT 00:30 AM (EST)

Welcome Home, Cleverone!

How could you chose to attend your 40th high school reunion when the SO board is HERE?

Good for you!!! I hope you had the time of your life! Tell me, are the ladies still aging better than the men by the 40th reunion?

Now, my friend, get back to work! There are threads that need your perspective! (wink)

Posted by Cleverone on 05-23-06 at 11:04 AM

Thanks SR ...I'm a bit "hung-over", but working hard to restore some of the brain function...the ladies are aging..some better than others (but there are still those who never seem to age..."hate them")...the men...some better (muchhhh better) than others. As soon as the brain revives itself, I'll be able to resume my perspectives...I may need another day or two (too much fun, getting too old for this type of partying)...had a wonderful time, though, thanks again.

Now, to get back on topic...I thought Sommer looked great, especially the hair and makeup. Andy's career will be over soon so we won't have to guess at how she'll make the next woman over...no more fun.

"I walk in my own shoes..."

Posted by pearlsgirl71 on 05-21-06 at 06:20 PM
OK, I've just about had it with these Andy Paige "makeovers". I used to think Andy had relatively good taste when it came to clothes, but this season she's proven me wrong every time. I've kept quiet about my gripes on prior makeovers but Sommer's was just so over the top I have to say something. First let's start with that dress, if that's what you want to call it cause it looked a hell of a lot more like a robe to me. And what was up with that pattern? She was supposed to be showcasing Sommers hot new bod, but how could you see her new bod with all that crap going on around her? A nice solid color would have done Sommers hot body true justice. Even a small pattern would have been better but what Andy picked out looked more like a wizard costume for halloween than a graduation dress if you ask me. And speaking of halloween does Andy have ANY concept of the phrase "less is more" when it comes to makeup? Poor beautiful Sommer was made up like a freakin circus clown with all those layers slathered on her face. Before she even came out I was cringing at the shots of Andy adding more and more foundation to Sommers already beautiful face. And when she finally did come out it wasn't her foundation that made me cringe, but all that makeup around her eyes and lips. She made poor Sommer look like a common streetwalker (no offense xtina!) with all that crap on her face. I know Andy has a heavy hand when it comes to makeup but this was just ridiculous.
PLEASE SOMEBODY STOP THE MADNESS THAT IS ANDY PAIGE BEFORE SHE GETS HER HANDS ON ANY MORE GRADUATES!!!!!!!