URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4630
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Interview question suggestions forTodd Herzog "

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 12-17-07 at 09:28 AM
Think you have a good interview question for Survivor: China winner Todd Herzog? If so, here's your chance to get it answered.

Reality TV World is conducting interviews with each of Survivor: China's Final 4 castaways. Post your question suggestions below, and we'll pick a few to include in our interview.

(NOTE: This interview will take place Monday afternoon, so all suggestions must be posted by noontime ET on Monday)

Thanks,
SB

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Interview question suggestions forTodd Herzog "
Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 12-17-07 at 09:40 AM
The bad news your sister gave you at the reward - did she spring that on you or were you expecting news about her?

Posted by Estee on 12-17-07 at 09:53 AM
When you saw the footage of yourself at the various Tribal Councils, were you surprised by the amount of smirking, basking in victory, and outright glory-hogging you were doing? Are you surprised this didn't count more against you at the final TC, and that no one openly called you on it at all?

The editing made it appear that you felt you were on the verge of being voted out several times. At how many Councils did you feel you were actually in jeopardy?

Factoring out your own ouster and James not playing the idols, what single move were you expecting one of the others to make that never quite materialized -- something you felt they would have to do if they wanted to win?

How did you feel when you saw Courtney's mocking confessional following the tragic news of your sister's miscarriage? Have you spoken with Courtney about it?

Where would you rank your win in comparison to the game's other Sole Survivors?

Coming into the Reunion, prior to Jeff opening the urn, how many votes did you feel you had -- and from who?

Are you surprised at the relative lack of bitterness we saw from the jury?

Given your fan status, have you participated in message boards and the like?

Had you been blindsided at F4 and wound up facing a Final Three of Amanda, Courtney, and Denise, who would you have favored for your vote entering the final TC?

"Do you think"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-17-07 at 10:12 AM
you could win a poker game against JR?

Posted by CattyChat on 12-17-07 at 10:19 AM
Was there anything that happened out there in those 39 days that wasn't shown that you are surprised wasn't shown?

What was the single most difficult thing about your experience in China?

What are your plans for the future?

CONGRATULATIONS TODD. I'm glad your dream came true in such a huge way.
Thanks for helping make Survivor China so much fun to watch.

Posted by michel on 12-17-07 at 12:10 PM
If you can go back to day 39, did you expect that Amanda could be the Amber to your Godfather role in the jury's eyes?

Leaving China, how did you expect the votes to go?

Did James ever offer one of the idols back?

You discussed voting either Courtney or Leslie before your first TC so when was Courtney added to your alliance as a solid 3rd?

Did the "Art of War" help your strategy or was it all planned ahead of time?

Was the decision to switch the vote from the physical threat of James to the strategic threat of Jean Robert made as quickly as what it seemed to be? Was it a difficult decision?

What did you think of Zahn Hu and their voting decisions before the twist?

Did you guys plan on throwing a challenge before giving the idol to James?

If the three women had voted you off, any idea on who you would have voted for?

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 12-17-07 at 04:19 PM
Congratulations goes to Todd for playing a great game and it was so gratifying to finally see the one who truly deserved to win, win!

My question is ... after having watched the show on TV, were you surprised at all to see how it was edited and presented to the public? Was the real story that much different from the editing? At what point did you know you would win?

Thanks!

"Interview is Up"
Posted by Fishercat on 12-18-07 at 07:18 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/interview-survivor-china-champion-todd-herzog-talks-strategy-6280.php

Really fascinating answers to a lot of questions I had about his game strategy.

It explains my real huge complaint about his gameplay: the Jean-Robert boot. The question was asked about why he didn't take James out the first time, and his answer was rather good (and confirms what others had said in opposition to my views). I still have my reservations about the move...but it proved to be "no harm, no foul".

After reading it, there's still one move to me that doesn't make much sense: Why didn't he vote for PG? I know, to keep Amanda's trust. But he said in the interview that he was surprised about how many questions she had about him...which leads me to believe that he didn't see a trust problem.

His explanation of the Frosti and 2nd James Blindside makes a lot more sense than anything my mind could come up with.

"Great interview"
Posted by Puffy on 12-18-07 at 08:25 PM
That answered a lot of questions. I'm loving these interviews.

©Tribephyl siggie shop, 2006

"RE: Interview is Up"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 12-18-07 at 09:26 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-18-07 AT 09:27 PM (EST)

Thanks for the feedback folks. Amanda and Courtney's interviews will be online in the next couple of days. We're still trying to hear back from CBS, but Denise's media availability seems to have fallen victim to the yesterday's "Jobgate" scandal -- we'll see.