URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 463
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Where is Supernova?"

Posted by geekboy on 01-10-07 at 08:46 PM
I'm quite shocked at the lack of publicity/marketing/promotions/video/web presence of Rockstar:SuperNova now that the album is out and the tour has started.

Is this bad 'for real'? They always talked about a long-term life of this band, but now i'm wondering.

Has a single even been released? Where are they, and what are they doing?

geekboy

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Where is Supernova?"
Posted by weltek on 01-11-07 at 09:38 AM
The NYE bash is the last I heard of them. I agree that the lack of publicity is appalling.

Of course, INXS had some of the same fate in the U.S. Their marketing sucked. In Canada, Europe and Australia they've been HUGE, getting tons of airplay and larger concert venues. In the U.S., their airplay and concert turnout was very average.

Posted by Meemo on 01-11-07 at 03:51 PM
Some of the top 40 stations in Toronto are playing a couple of Supernova's tracks - mostly "It's All Love"

But even up here, we haven't seen too much from them.

That being said, we are only a week out from the NYE launch.

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 01-17-07 at 04:31 PM
They have been on the Fox News New Years Special. CBS should of had them..did they have a show? Fox News did not get much viewing. I think they have been on all the latenight talk shows.

I was really surprised when the cd came out that even on opening week....they did not have the cd in any of the sunday inserts or on sale.

INXS did fairly well. Maybe there recording company was disappointed but I think INXS was able to add life to a band that many would not normally paid any attention too. I below that the general public bought JD as their lead singer. They got promotion...VH1 ran some stuff on INXS. I heard the songs on the radio and saw their music video. Think about it how many new songs from artists of that time have you heard on the radio....The Fixx??? No. Journey??? No. Styx??? No. REO??? No. INXS did something none of these artists were able to do...with very few exceptions U2 and Bon Jovi stand out.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 01-24-07 at 11:19 AM
Got a gift certificate for Christmas at Target. I was thinking that I was going to use it on the SuperNova cd. Target doesn't even carry the cd. Promotion has been terrible for Supernova. Actually the tour starts very soon...the cd should be in the stores.