URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 463
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"bullshit"

Posted by snnowmann on 07-28-06 at 08:58 PM
aron may be a showboat but the fact is he won the fight gary got his ##### kick I'm a x boxer who no's boxing who are the judges because they must be BLIND this should not of happend if I was aron I"D be pissed off am I the only one who seen gary get his nose mouth eye and ear bust... if I was him I would have gave aron my spot!!!!!!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: bullshit"
Posted by hobojd on 07-29-06 at 06:56 AM
>aron may be a showboat but
>the fact is he won
>the fight gary got his
>##### kick I'm a x
>boxer who no's boxing who
>are the judges because they
>must be BLIND this should
>not of happend if I
>was aron I"D be pissed
>off am I the only
>one who seen gary get
>his nose mouth eye and
>ear bust... if I was
>him I would have gave
>aron my spot!!!!!!!

Does you really think like that? Is you sho you be watchin da same fight I be? I don't be thinkin you lookin at dis fight in an impartial(sorry coudln't find an idiotic way to spell that one) manner. Yo, cous, you need to chill, it be what is is.

Posted by the_sweet_science on 07-29-06 at 09:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-29-06 AT 09:58 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-29-06 AT 09:57 PM (EST)

Well, I would say that from we say I might have to agree. Gary was the one looking beat-up, cut and battered while Aaron looked fresh and did not have any real damage done to him.

On the other hand however, it is simply impossible to judge a Contender fight from watching the show because on The Contender we see maybe half of the round, perhaps sometimes even less. To judge a fight, one has to see all 3 minutes of each round.

None the less, Aaron definitely impressed me because he more than handled Gary, and in my humble opinion, if Aaron was truly focused and truly professional, there would not even have been a fifth round because Aaron could have easily stopped Gary in the 4th round, but he didn't. Aaron gave that fight away and he is lucky that Tommy didn't slap him in the corner.

Posted by True Rider on 08-02-06 at 04:38 PM
"RIGHT ON"

Torres WON that fight be it a close one or at least it was a draw. And that would be in question.

I have followed boxing and mixed martial arts for some time now and this is one of the main reasons boxing is losing favor! More & More are going over to UFC style of fighting! Why? Because of calls and decions like last night.

Gary is a good fighter and got a major "hello" in that ring!

I really hope Torres stays in boxing and sharpens his skills and focus. Maybe if he show boats less and kicks more arse he won't be robbed again!

That guy has heart and guys like him & Gary make the game of boxing a sweet sport.

SUGAR RAY PAY ATTENTION!

Posted by SherpaDave on 08-02-06 at 05:04 PM
Oh, come on. If you follow boxing that closely, you should know that some guys are bleeders but still win their fights. And they show very little of the fights on the show, certainly not enough to be able to give a fair ruling based on what we see. That said, based on what I was allowed to see, I had the bout scored the same way the two judges who ruled for Gary did: 48-47. Keep in mind that even if one fighter wins a round handily, unless he knocks his opponent down, it's still scored the same as rounds the other fighter barely wins: 10-9. I thought the two rounds that Aaron won he won by a wider margin than Gary, but I did feel that Gary won three rounds. And if you do that and don't get knocked down in a five-round fight, you win the fight on points.

See Dave write. See Dave edit. See Dave blog.

Posted by Team_Stress_RI on 08-04-06 at 03:03 AM
Only two things i have to say about the fighting system and the judges, if you look at all the judges James Jenkins, Marty Denkins, and Chuck Hasset all have done Title fights on PPV and friday night fights with some of the best fighters in the world to judge, so i wouldnt question their judgement...

And you cant have a tie in a round the only way it would have been a tie is if Gary got knocked down and it would have went to a 6th round.

Also a fight with 5 rounds three mins. a piece would be 15 mins. plus one min. between rounds in the corners, there is half the show right there and add in commercials thats the whole show i mean i dont like it but If i have anything to say it is bringing ALOT more fans into the boxing community and i like it

P.S. that take down of belletto was childish on his part..

Posted by SDcalibur on 09-01-06 at 06:45 PM
it was a close fight, could of gone either way get your head out of the past and look forward to the next upcomin fights.