URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 463
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Six Feet Under Posts"

Posted by bacon on 07-26-05 at 06:43 PM
I have never seen so many posts devoted to such a crummy show before. Now granted, I just recently got HBO and I've read that the earlier seasons were great stuff. But why does this show seem to elicit so many posts on here? I saw the first three episodes of the new season. Needless to say I haven't watched it since. I found it boring, strange, and the acting was over the top, especially Lauren Ambrose, who can't seem to stop fidgiting in every scene she's in. It's almost like she's hopped up on coke or something.

Just curious is all.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Six Feet Under Posts"
Posted by Fox41 on 07-27-05 at 11:09 AM
A lot of people who LOVE the show have been watching it from
day one. You're watching the last season. You've missed out
on a lot. This season is good, but it's not as good as the
first three seasons. Rent seasons 1 & 2. That will help you
understand the show & the characters a lot more.

Posted by volsfan on 07-27-05 at 10:44 PM
The first two seasons were great. It was new, creative and just good acting. However, the first few episodes this season were not up to par. The last couple of episodes have been better than the earlier ones.

I can't imagine coming into this season and thinking it was a great series just because you have missed out on so much history and undertones that are hinted at.

I think over the next 3-4 episodes many of the old underlying stories will be wrapped up. I also read in TV Guide (I think) that the last episode is going to be unique in that they are going to fast forward and show us how each main character dies. I like it!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Fox41 on 07-28-05 at 10:53 AM

I also read in
>TV Guide (I think) that
>the last episode is going
>to be unique in that
>they are going to fast
>forward and show us how
>each main character dies. I
>like it!

Are you serious? I can't wait to see that!

Posted by volsfan on 07-28-05 at 08:35 PM
Yep, I think that will be good TV!

Posted by sammyboy22 on 07-28-05 at 10:25 PM
You really dont know what you are missing!!! I will admit this last season has some slow moving episodes but, man it is still very good. I really recommend watching the four seasons prior to this last fifth one (airing now), especially the 1st and 2nd. You will learn much more about the characters and understand a lot more of what is going on and why it is happening that way. I also love Lauren Ambrose, I loved it when she sang this season too and showcased her very good singing capabilities. I heard somewhere or read something that said in addition to being a good actress she was also a good singer. Guess they were right...jmho

Posted by volsfan on 08-01-05 at 08:20 AM
Nate died! WOW! Great episode.

Posted by Fox41 on 08-01-05 at 11:04 AM
>Nate died! WOW! Great episode.

Yup. Last nights episode was great. I didn't want it to be Nate who died, but we all knew that he was going to be the one. The last few episodes are really going to be interesting & very sad.

Posted by sammyboy22 on 08-01-05 at 12:03 PM
That was a good episode. It was so sad to watch though.... I am still in shock that Nate actually died. Very good episode but, hard to watch him die....

Posted by ginger on 08-01-05 at 01:24 PM
NARM!

NARM!

NARM!

Posted by Fox41 on 08-01-05 at 02:53 PM

Ginger you are SOOOO bad!!
You now have me laughing at poor Nate.

Posted by sammyboy22 on 08-05-05 at 06:24 PM
What does NARM mean? just wondering....

Posted by ARnutz on 08-03-05 at 07:16 AM
...and this is exactly why Six Feet Under is such a good show.

That episode was great. I want to see more of Nathaniel again! The characters chatting to him was always the best part of the earlier seasons!

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

"Holy Moley!"
Posted by ARnutz on 08-08-05 at 08:48 AM
So last night was Nate's funeral and it was a great episode (I won't give it all away for those who haven't seen it yet ~ rerun is on at 10 pm tonight).

There are only 2 episodes left!!! Frankly, I don't know how they will be able to fit in a flash forward to all of their deaths in that time. Oh well, we'll see.

Next Monday, they are going to show a special about the whole series. I think it should be good. They'll take us back through all 5 seasons.

"RE: Holy Moley!"
Posted by Fox41 on 08-08-05 at 10:35 AM
The episode last night was wonderful. I'm going to put it up there with all the GREAT episodes from seasons one & two.

Only two episodes left! ... I can't believe it! I'm going to miss this show so much. I've loved every minute of it. I even had a dream about Brenda & Nate last night.

Posted by sammyboy22 on 08-08-05 at 07:30 PM
I loved last night's episode. It was so sad though. I was bawling. I am such a nerd!!! I don't know what I am going to do without this wonderful show. I must buy the DVDS someday. Too bad they are like 80 bucks each season... Anyways I really liked last nights episode and was bawling at the end with Brenda....

Posted by volsfan on 08-09-05 at 11:56 AM
I think this week's episode was well acted but I don't think it comes close to being the best episode. Some of the first season was excellent and David's bashing episode was the bestest ever!

Don't get me wrong...I like the episode and it was very touching but I didn't think it was great. Everyone seemed more angry than grieving.

Brenda throwing the shovel in the grave had me LOLing big time.

Posted by Fox41 on 08-09-05 at 12:51 PM
>Brenda throwing the shovel in the
>grave had me LOLing big
>time.

That was pretty funny. It's like she was saying -- "F*ck it! This is too much work."

Posted by volsfan on 08-15-05 at 07:55 AM
Ok...who freaked over Brenda and Billy in bed? Pretty good stuff this week. I can't wait to see how it ends...

Posted by ARnutz on 08-15-05 at 08:10 AM
That? was crazy and creepy!!! ...and they totally got me! Thank goodness it was a dream, ewwwww!!!

Last night's episode was superb! How the heck are they going to tie this all up next week???

Don't forget, tonight they have a 2 hour special about all 5 seasons. Should be good to take a look back!

Posted by volsfan on 08-15-05 at 10:19 AM
The more I think about it I wonder if they will really tie up all loose ends. I have a feeling they will leave things as is...maybe everyone gets over Nate's death but life goes on. Then if what I read is correct they will fast forward and show us how everyone dies.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
Yeah, I think it will be interesting to see what the actors think about the show.

Posted by MollyTV on 08-19-05 at 11:41 AM
oh boy i am a nerd too...i cried my eyes out with nate dying.
that was some GREAT ACTING the last 2 episodes.

and i haven't seen the next episode when billy comes back after showing up in brenda's house...but i wonder what he is going to stir up.

i just love love love this show!

"GREAT series finale!"
Posted by volsfan on 08-21-05 at 10:27 PM
Claire lived to be 102! DAMN! I thought it was a great ending. The fast forwarding was great. Claire's boyfriend/husband was really hot nekkid!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

"RE: GREAT series finale!"
Posted by Fox41 on 08-22-05 at 00:06 AM
The last episode was GREAT! It was so sad to see how
all of them die. I had to wipe away a tear or two.
Six Feet Under was such a wonderful show.
I miss it already.

Posted by ARnutz on 08-22-05 at 12:27 PM
I totally agree with you two!!! This was great. I loved how they showed how everyone dies. It was strange seeing them age and did you see Keith & David's boys grow???

I was instantly sad when the episode ended. I have watched this show for all five years! Seasons 1 & 2 were fabulous, 3 was good, 4 stunk, ...but this one??? was phenomenal!!! They will definitely be getting awards for this season.

Posted by EnglProf on 08-23-05 at 05:06 PM
And the youngest boy was gay (holding hands with an Asian guy at Claire's wedding). What a hoot!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Hoobie on 08-22-05 at 03:28 PM
Great show - ITA!

But - did Claire get married/ divorced/ re-married (to Ted)? Or did she wait until she was in her 50s to get married?

Posted by Fox41 on 08-24-05 at 01:09 PM
>did Claire get married/
>divorced/ re-married (to Ted)?
>Or did she wait until
>she was in her 50s
>to get married?

Claire was in her 50's when she married Ted.
She started seeing Ted again after Ruth's funeral.

Posted by MollyTV on 08-23-05 at 06:35 AM
BEST.FINALE.EVER!!

i cried my eyes out...i laughed my head off (through tears) at seeing brenda keel over(die) listening to billy!!

i thank them for such wonderful closure...even rico(WITH VANESSA) on the cruise ship....GREAT!

i'll miss it too!

Posted by realityshowgeek on 08-23-05 at 10:18 AM
This was by far the best episode of Six Feet Under and the best series finale I've ever seen. I cried and cried and cried a little more. I loved the way they wrapped up the season and each character's life. Bravo!!!

"The finale was soooo good..."
Posted by ARnutz on 08-25-05 at 02:05 PM
I watched it again last night!

If/when they put this on DVD, I will be getting it. Maybe now that all 5 seasons are over they will release a boxed set!

"RE: The finale was soooo good..."
Posted by sammyboy22 on 08-28-05 at 12:20 PM
I loved the series finale. I was bawling. I am such nerd
I have never been this attached to a tv show before. I think six feet under was unlike anything else. It was so real and the actors gave such awesome performances each week. I will miss it very much. I want to buy the seasons eventually, so I can watch my fav. episodes again. It was truly a great show.

"RE: The finale was soooo good..."
Posted by nitebloomer on 09-13-05 at 10:17 PM
Your not a nurd just a person who understands the complex writing and superb acting. These actors took the people they were give way beyond the written word, that's why we care so much about them and want to know what happens to them. I could go on and on watching. The last episode was just filled with so much and made Clair the focal person instead of Nate. I will sorely miss watching and wondering what will happen next.