URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID57
Thread Number: 4624
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jill Update"

Posted by sharnina on 05-14-06 at 04:20 AM
I have it on very good authority that Jill has lost 62 lbs. to date. She is still taking medicine to shrink the tumors in anticipation of surgery.

Per her online journal she is now working another shift from Midnight to 6am.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Jill Update"
Posted by biggest loser on 05-14-06 at 08:56 AM
She looked really good at Jodi's graduation.

Posted by SOfan0221 on 05-14-06 at 10:31 AM
I actually thought she looked a lot bigger at Jodi's graduation than the last time I saw her appear on SO. So if she is still losing weight, good for her.

Posted by techstyle on 05-14-06 at 10:39 AM
>I actually thought she looked a
>lot bigger at Jodi's graduation
>than the last time I
>saw her appear on SO.
> So if she is
>still losing weight, good for
>her.

Me too, I felt awful thinking she had gained weight. Her update just helped to make my day.

Posted by sharnina on 05-14-06 at 07:01 PM
I think it is important to note that the graduation we saw her at was at least 5 months ago. She has lost some of that weight since then.

Posted by JustBNMe on 05-14-06 at 12:05 PM
I thought she looked bigger at the graduation as well. Wonder if she has work and lost weight or if the weight loss is due to the medication and the tumors shrinking. Remember Jill insisted that she had a 40 pound tumor even though the doctors said she had several small tumors and not one 40 pouind one. Guess I don't put a whole lot of stock in what Jill claims or tells people. If she lost it good for her I hope she keeps it off.

Posted by techstyle on 05-14-06 at 12:31 PM
Don't know too much about this but maybe the meds made her face look puffed as we really didn't get a good look at her full length.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 05-14-06 at 02:12 PM
that could be true too. Many medications can make you puff up and swell. She could be on some type of oral steroids and they make you bloat.

Posted by Labyrinth on 05-15-06 at 03:42 PM
Actually, Jill was told two different things.

The doctor that SO sent her too told her she had a 40 lb tumor. The doctor that Jill selected herself told her that it was smaller but many different tumors.

Posted by fairgame on 05-14-06 at 07:12 PM
Jill didn't look like she lost any weight while in the SOH and even looked pretty big at Jodi's graduation.

So, is Jill saying she lost 651b's in 4 1/2 mths? I guess that would be just as possable as Jodi losing 11 1bs in 1 week LOL

Yeah, right she did. I don't have much reason to believe anything that these women say anymore, They are all a bunch of hooey!
Hahahaha

Posted by sharnina on 05-14-06 at 07:18 PM
I think it's been pointed out before by myself and other posters that weight loss in a large woman like Jill doesn't become very noticable until after about 40-60 lbs. I know this because I am a large woman.

If I lose 20 lbs. nobody notices but if my sister who is considerably smaller than I am loses that amount of weight everybody notices.

I thinks Jill is working on losing weight not so that people will notice but so she can more safely take care of the fibroid tumors that she has. People noticing is just a nice by-product when what you're really concerned about is your health.

Posted by tmj212 on 05-15-06 at 02:40 PM
That is absolutely true Sharnina. Toadies' alleged 11 pound loss looked like an ounce, if that! Did you all notice that on today's show in the confessional when Jill had the short cropped 'fro and pink shirt on that she looked considerably smaller? I assume that it was taped much later because her hair was different during her meeting with IV. I do hope she continues to lose weight not only for her overall health, but since of well-being. Best of luck, Jill!

Posted by Twinkles on 05-15-06 at 02:57 PM
All I noticed was the removable hair. How does that work? Braids on, Braids off. Dreds. Round head. It was very distracting.

I would need a side-by-side to see the weight difference. Her thighs were still very large. She was crossing her legs though. I doubt she could do that before. Whatever progress she makes, that's great. Most important, I hope the fibroids are taken care of and remain non-cancerous.

Posted by Juliejo on 05-15-06 at 03:00 PM
I hope she continues to lose the weight. It is so bad for your health to be that much over weight. It will all catch up with her as she gets older if she doesnt'. I am glad she is meeting with her father too. Her mother needs to get off of it and support Jill in her meeting with her father. This is Jill's father and she has a right to see him and I wish her mother was standing behind her on it but if she isnt' then so be it and I hope Jill follows through.

Posted by Woo on 05-15-06 at 03:27 PM
Good for Jill. I'm happy for her.

Posted by snowflake2 on 05-15-06 at 03:30 PM
tmj212 wrote: <<Did you all notice that on today's show in the confessional when Jill had the short cropped 'fro and pink shirt on that she looked considerably smaller?>>
-----------------------------------------------

That's because it only shows Jill from the shoulders up. Jill's shoulders and breasts are, and always were, very out of proportion to the rest of her size. The true test for me was when Jill was sitting on the sofa in her jeans across from Iyanla, and her thighs took up almost the entire couch. She looked even bigger than when she was an actual HG and the viewing audience was be treated to the shots of her sitting at the phone nook. Sorry, I'm seeing *no* weight loss here.

Considering her size, by the time Jill could lose any noticeable amount of weight, we will have long forgotten who she is.

Jill is a LIAR, so there is no reason for me to believe her professions of weight loss rather than my own eyes.

As for the change of hairstyle...maybe Iyanla refused Jill's plea for yet another free "hair makeover, and now that Jill isn't getting the SO stipend, (and has no real full-time job) she cannot afford the upkeep costs on her extensions.

Anyway, how is Jill planning an "Oprah-style" <<eyeroll>> career launch when she'll have to take time off to recuperate from her surgery, if she ever has it? In my opinion, Jill's future has "public assistance" written all over it.

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 05-15-06 at 08:00 PM
Snowflake wrote: "The true test for me was when Jill was sitting on the sofa in her jeans across from Iyanla, and her thighs took up almost the entire couch. Sorry, I'm seeing *no* weight loss here...by the time Jill could lose any noticeable amount of weight, we will have long forgotten who she is. Jill is a LIAR, so there is no reason for me to believe her professions of weight loss rather than my own eyes. In my opinion, Jill's future has "public assistance" written all over it."

What else is there to say about this woman that hasn't already been said? I know she would love the Jill-talk to go on and on, but it will be coming to a screeching halt soon enough (unless she can find her way to another reality show). Why does SO feel the necessity to end the season with Jill and her conceit all over the screen? Haven't we covered Jill and her father? The weird phone call, the flowers. etc. (come to think of it, haven't we also covered Jill and her mother, Jill and her weight, Jill and her destroyed career, Jill and her uterus, Jill and her ovaries, Jill and her cupcakes, Jill and the football team, Jill and her abortion, Jill and her arrest record?) So what - now she's going to meet the man that abandoned her. Yawn. How about bringing back Rain? Now there's a woman I'd like to hear from again. Besides having personal integrity, Rain's story is far more interesting than anything Jill has to say. Besides, Rain has the presence of mind to know that she isn't a television personality doing a gig on SO.

BTW, at the time that Jill's thighs made their jean clad appearance in today's episode, Jill had allegedly been off the cupcakes and fatburgers for about six months (July to January). At two pounds a week, a conservative goal with strict diet and exercise, we should be seeing about 50 pounds of weight loss - and we should be seeing it come off of the areas of the highest fat content. That's how diets work. If you need more calories than you ingest in a day, the body uses the stored fat to compensate. We all know that those areas are in her abdomen and below her waist.

I'm with you SF. When this "television and radio personality" can get into a size 18/20 pair of pants, I'll believe she's lost weight. Right now, she hasn't got an ounce (let alone a pound) of credibility. Besides that, she is one huge bore.

Posted by MizJazmine on 05-15-06 at 05:27 PM
If it's true, it's good to know that she's continuing to pursue both her weight loss and her dreams. Even though Jill's a big woman weight wise, she always seemed to me like she was comfortable in her skin and I liked that. I'm happy for her. I pray the best for her in her current and future endeavors.

*After all I wasn't one of those "miserable" poster's she was referring to. HA!

Posted by Cinnamongirl30 on 05-15-06 at 06:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-06 AT 06:14 PM (EST)

Jill looked alot better to me. She sounded better as well. I hope that her health issues are being looked after. She didn't whine or look for sympathy, she just told it like it was. Good for her for a change.

Posted by Sweeti on 05-15-06 at 06:27 PM
Good for Jill.
I hope she keeps loosing weight.
I thought her face looked thinner on the recent shows.As it has already been said when you are truely big it takes longer for the loss to "show"

Posted by Cleverone on 05-15-06 at 11:56 PM

You go girl!!!!Ditto!!!

"I walk in my own shoes..."

Posted by simpledimple on 05-16-06 at 00:08 AM
Love you Jill...you go girl! I know about weight loss, and how it takes a lot of weight off to really be noticable when one is that heavy, and I see it on Jill! Her personality is a refreshing change to all the others we have been subjected to! She is upbeat and funny, and I can find no fault in her!

Posted by tac_2 on 05-16-06 at 01:45 PM
I thought Jill looked okay but I detected very low energy. I think she's trying to hide physical pain but tries to mask it with laughter.
Until Jill gets on a higher plane of physical wellness I don't think her plans have much chance of panning out.

I agree, her presence was 'refreshing'. Flaws and all, I still would root for Jill, within reason. Since leaving the show as a regular I've read she's had her ups and downs but I'm glad she's been honest enough to admit it.
But she'd better cut out the Iyanla-speak because that's the very thing that'll drive her straight into nowhere.

Jill is probably the one and only hg whose first and last name I'll remember after the show has ended and I wouldn't be surprised to see her, at minimum, secure a full-time radio job. But not until her health improves. If you're reading this, good luck, Jill.