URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID57
Thread Number: 4614
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jodi's Make Over"

Posted by eire_heart74 on 05-12-06 at 01:02 PM
Ok for the first time I actually liked the Andy Paige hair do. It made her look so much softer. The clothes however, I just don't get it. Is it a West Coast thing? Clothes that don't fit? Am I that unhip?

Was it me or was Miss Jodi a little to excited about her day with Andy? My god she just kept gushing over her.

And what was the deal with Andy rubbing lotion on her legs? Huh?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Jodi's Make Over"
Posted by Lanna42 on 05-12-06 at 01:36 PM

>And what was the deal with
>Andy rubbing lotion on her
>legs? Huh?
>

Well eire, I'm certainly glad I chose to distract myself through most of Jodi's pre-grad primping and missed that.I like Jodi's enthusiasm and positive energy.But there's always the sense with her that she is going to go alittle to far and something will go horribly wrong.To give an example when my brother was 8 years old he found a bullfrog and wanted to keep it.My Mother told him to leave it outside.But he put it in the pocket of his jeans instead.That night our Mother washed the jeans in her wringer washing machine and the frog met an untimely death.This is the same feeling I get watching Jodi.Best of intentions.Frog about to go to the wringer washing machine.

Agreed the hair looked better and there was something off about the outfit.It must have been pre-chosen by Andy because we didn't see Jodi try on anything else.

Posted by candyprincess on 05-12-06 at 01:59 PM
I think jodi's hair looks better straight, but the outfit was bad it just didn't look right.

And i too thought it was weird to have Andy rub cream on her legs, maybe she can't bend over and reach them over her stomach.

one more comment about her outfit I think it made her butt stick out more.

Posted by Juliejo on 05-12-06 at 02:09 PM
I liked her hair it looks much better not so curly. I also thought the make-up was flattering to her. But the outfit sucked.
The skirt fit funny and the blouse was an awful color. She looks better in jeans. But lets face it Toadie just isnt a pretty woman. She had a nice mother.
PEACE

Posted by petmama on 05-12-06 at 05:27 PM
At first glance, I thought the makeup made her look a little more feminine. But, as Jodi's graduation wore on, I thought it made her look like a cross dresser. Especially with her straightened hair. And, ill fitting, breast flattening shrug.

Posted by petmama on 05-12-06 at 02:39 PM
It looked like a shelf.

Posted by smokeysmom on 05-12-06 at 02:10 PM
Not sure if this is the right thread, but in addition to not finding Jodi's outfit all that flattering -- I was taken aback by the glut of commentary from the LCs and Dr. S. regarding her "finding a man". In light of the very nebulous and vague goal of "filling a cup" the implied ongoing goal of finding a mand was..., well, this board is PG..., all a little weird to me. Anyway, she needs clothes that fit and elongate, not divide her into two halves -- one of which is gold lame' . I actually can't think of any occasion which calls for gold lame....

Posted by bentherdunthat on 05-12-06 at 02:10 PM
I agree. The hair made her look much less haggard. The outfit was a nightmare though. Why would Andy choose a shirt for Jodi with sleeves that cut off at the largest, flabbiest, most unattractive part of her arm? The shrug didn't fit right either, it was like Jodi's bosom (believe it or not) wasn't large enough to fill it Honestly, when Andy comes on screen I just shake my head and brace myself for whatever punishment she's going to heap on her next victim.
But the hair did look good!

Posted by petmama on 05-12-06 at 02:38 PM
Jodi looked like Miss Piggy wearing a blonde wig. The top was all wrong, making her arms look fatter and her breasts look smaller. And, the skirt was so tight her a$$ hiked it up shorter in the back. I thought graduation makeovers were all about making the women look better. But, Jodi's made her look even worse.

Posted by Twinkles on 05-12-06 at 04:22 PM
I was using my laptop while watching the show. I saw Jodi try on the outfit and heard her say she wasn't feelin' the top. (which is unusual for her. -budum' bump- thanks I'll be here all week)

I look at it at and see, oh yeah, it doesn't look right, the color, the sleeves, the fit. All wrong. Next thing you see, she's wearing to graduation.

And in typical makeover day style they go to ENCINO to find a dress shop to try on one bad outfit??? I'm still skeptical about what kind of contract Ms Paige has with these shops. There must be eleventy thousand shops between the SOH and Encino. They came up with that outfit? You could get an outfit that "flattering" at any mall in about a half hour -- even in a size 20 for someone her height.

Helloooo. The makeover is to find something better than average!!!!

And ITA with the above posts about cutting her in half with two different colors. It just makes anyone look shorter and wider.

Posted by 2KOOL on 05-12-06 at 04:22 PM
I don't think there is anyway you can fix her hair and she will look cure or different.

Posted by Omniscia on 05-12-06 at 04:46 PM
LMAO at Andy putting lotion on Jodi's legs. I'm glad the camera didn't catch Jodi wiping the desperate drool off her mouth.

Posted by DeltaDarkStar on 05-13-06 at 03:39 PM
>LMAO at Andy putting lotion on
>Jodi's legs. I'm glad
>the camera didn't catch Jodi
>wiping the desperate drool off
>her mouth.

I should have come to this thread first. I posted in another that I thought Jodi sounded a bit orgasmic while Andy was rubbing the lotion on her leg. Jodi always looks way to happy to hug and kiss on the other houseguests, and not in a sisterly, non-sexual manner. I always get the feeling that she's getting sexually charged.

Posted by Kass1247 on 05-12-06 at 05:26 PM
Jody was rather effusive about her day with Andy Paige, as if she is some sort of movie star. I couldn’t help but catch Andy’s comment about doing something about “that” hair of Jody’s. However, I thought Jody’s turned out terrific and her makeup was beautiful—together they truly softened her face and overall appearance. She needs to do her hair that way all the time.

I didn’t think the outfit, all things considered—including Andy’s taste---was all that bad—I was expecting worse. I liked the color of the blouse compared to all that olive green that Jody always wore but agree that Andy should have chosen a top with some longer sleeves. BTW, I think Andy was rubbing a bronzing cream on Jody’s legs. That’s a pretty generous gesture if you as me—not one I’d be into!

Posted by shermie on 05-12-06 at 06:46 PM
Jodi's outfit was hor-rib-le!! Just awful. It didn't fit, shiny gold is NEVER a good ghoice for an entire clothing item for a full-figured woman and the skirt was a nightmare. The two-toned thing just cut her in half, making her look even wider than she is. She looked terible in that frightful get-up.

Her hair wasn't too bad. It looked soft and pretty, and helped to make Jodi look a little.... more..... well, I am not going to say pretty, but less harsh. The makeup was okay, but a bit overdone.

What was it with Andi Page rubbing lotion all over Jodi's legs?
EEEwwwww!!! And how far up under that skirt did she climb?
I am just glad I couldn't see Jodi's face. That is one smirk that I couldn't bear to see! Gah!

Posted by Redbud on 05-12-06 at 06:55 PM
Jodi may well have been Andy's biggest challenge. I was eager to see how she'd look. Her hair and makeup looked very nice (especially the makeup) but those clothes were just hideous!! Come on! I acknowledge that Jodi's shape isn't the greatest, but surely someone could have picked something nicer. That's bad advertising for Andy - she should be ashamed. She had an eager student so she can't blame Jodi.

Posted by horsewhisperer on 05-12-06 at 07:39 PM
When Jodi was told she'd be given a make over by Andy, I swear I heard a collective "OH NOOOOOOOOO" from every viewer at home. That aside, I thought her hair and make up were a distinct improvement. The looser curls were definitely more becoming, even the make-up looked good on her. She didn't have that oily look.

But Andy, Andy, Andy...what were you thinking?? Do you need to have your eyes checked? How could you put Jodi in an outfit that cut her in half, and made her look so stumpy? Jodi even said she didn't care for the blouse/shrug. Please do the house guests of the future a favor and go away quietly.

Posted by SunTeaz on 05-12-06 at 11:50 PM
What low-end clothing store did Andy take Jodi to? It looked like a cheap thift clothing store! The gold blouse was all wrinkled and creased when Jodi tried it on. I hope they washed it before she wore it, it's obvious they at least ironed or steamed it before the graduation. I have nothing against those that wear used clothes, but this was down right CHEAP of Andy
and Starting Over.

Posted by Sues on 05-13-06 at 00:03 AM
I actually like Jodi's hair curly...I think it adds to her overall personality....but I agree, the softer curls were a nice change...

WTF was up with that top????? It's like....'here...let me frame my smaller breasts (compared to the rest of her) real tight so you can zone in on my gut'. Does Andy only have one theory of dress? Does she think everyone is to be dressed as an amazon???? Jodi is only what?, 4 feet? Get her into something e-long-a-ting....basic knowledge here folks, for the love....

Posted by beckettrep on 05-13-06 at 08:09 AM
>When Jodi was told she'd be
>given a make over by
>Andy, I swear I heard
>a collective "OH NOOOOOOOOO" from
>every viewer at home.
> That aside, I thought
>her hair and make up
>were a distinct improvement.
>The looser curls were definitely
>more becoming, even the make-up
>looked good on her.
>She didn't have that oily
>look.
>
>But Andy, Andy, Andy...what were you
>thinking?? Do you need
>to have your eyes checked?
> How could you
>put Jodi in an outfit
>that cut her in half,
>and made her look so
>stumpy? Jodi even said
>she didn't care for the
>blouse/shrug. Please do the
>house guests of the future
>a favor and go away
>quietly.

At least Toadie met Andy at the store and we were all spared Handy-Andy's usual 'ta-da' appearance at group like she usually does when she comes to retrieve someone for their make-over. I was actually dreading the door opening and having Handy-Andy pop it. So once in awhile they DO give us a break (albeit a half-break)

Posted by Cleverone on 05-13-06 at 00:48 AM
Jodi may well have been Andy's biggest challenge. I was eager to see how she'd look. Her hair and makeup looked very nice (especially the makeup) but those clothes were just hideous!! Come on! I acknowledge that Jodi's shape isn't the greatest, but surely someone could have picked something nicer. That's bad advertising for Andy - she should be ashamed. She had an eager student so she can't blame Jodi.

Totally agreed...the hair and makeup were great...the outfit wasn't flattering, but she wasn't oozing out of it as she does the "too tight jeans" so that was an improvement to me, although, she probably would've looked better in a two piece suit with a "feminine approach" to elongate her body and make it look slimmer by far.

"I walk in my own shoes..."

Posted by JessicaRN on 05-13-06 at 01:00 AM
I agree that the budget for this make over seemed smaller than some. The clothes had that look like the kind that are in stores that cater to trendy, clothes for those under 21. However, this was at least her second makeover. The first time is when we discovered that Jodi is a petit. Her hair was done by some man, but that may have been another time. Loved her hair today, but thought the Andy Paige eyebrows were too big and dark for Jodi.

Posted by sue2 on 05-13-06 at 01:29 AM
I have to say I didn't like anything about Jodi's "makeover". Words can't describe what I thought of the outfit. As for the hair, I liked it much better straight; today it just looked greasy, and the makeup...well let's just say she was a cross between Miss Piggy, and a Madame, if you know what I mean. So I guess that makes her Madame Piggy. LOL

Posted by Twinkles on 05-13-06 at 04:32 AM
"And what was the deal with Andy rubbing lotion on her legs? Huh?"

It rubs the lotion on its skin

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 05-13-06 at 08:49 AM
She looked more attractive than I've seen her looking during her entire stay. The eyebrows were just too much...they looked like they were spray painted on through a stencil. Besides, they were too dark. But eyebrows, if done correctly, will make a huge difference on her face.

The hair was good (did you guys see the "at home straightening job" Jodi was wearing in the graduation montage? Hideous....), although a little fuller would have been better.

The clothing? You guys have said it all - nothing to add there except the gold/champagne color was good on her. She doesn't wear skirts for obvious reasons. Jackets, slacks, and a few pairs of 3 inch heels - that's what she needs.

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 05-13-06 at 09:45 AM

"It rubs the lotion on its skin"

...or else it gets the hose again....

Posted by Lanna42 on 05-13-06 at 12:16 PM
SR, LOL. There have been quite a few "Silence Of The Lambs" subtexts running threw this show.Everytime I think we're in for a nice normal run of the mill SO activity like a makeover with Jodi it somehow morphs into something like the lotion rubbing business.Or isn't that sweet Jodi and Christie are taking a photo together.ARG...........Or look...Kim is going to STAB her anger away.Or look......Niambi slicing an effigy of her Father to pieces with scissors.Isn't that sweet."Come alittle closer Clarice."

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 05-14-06 at 00:21 AM
Lanna42,

LOL...well there's an idea for the Be the Houseguest Thread: Dr. Lechter replaces Dr. Stan...

Posted by BimBo on 05-13-06 at 11:00 AM
AHHH HAAAH!!! Now I know why there's been so much talk in the house lately about "not having expectations"!!
I think Miss Andy Paige did the best she could with what she had to work with.

Posted by dopeydwarf on 05-13-06 at 12:43 PM
I was shocked when I saw Jodi---she actually looked, as someone said, softer.
I don't like her with the curls she usually wears--if she powdered her hair like that, she'd look just like one of the founding fathers.

I'd rather be at Disneyworld