URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 461
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Damcing With The Stars Love List V6.2"

Posted by Estee on 03-26-08 at 07:52 AM
Time to shuffle the deck (a little more adeptly than Adam can shuffle his feet). With the second round of performances on the books and two teams out, how do your love/loathe rankings currently look? Anyone ascending the ranks? Plummeting? Still performing out in the parking lot?

Remember: only you can unfairly judge celebrities. Only you.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Damcing With The Stars Love List V6.2"
Posted by Snidget on 03-26-08 at 09:19 AM
1. Kristi and Mark. Yep, she's a ringer, but I've always liked her when she was a figure skater, both style and attitude, and I like her here as well.

2. Marlee and Fabian. May not be the best dancer, may not make it to the end, but gets the #2 spot because of her daring to be on the show and Fabian's ability to make it work.

3. Mario and Karina. The one from the guys side that seems to have a shot so far.

4. Shannon and Derek. For most improved.

5. Steve and Anna. For just being so happy to get to come out and be on this show.

6. Jason and Edyta. Another guy that might have a shot, but I want to see more from you and Edyta just annoys the heck out of me so you end up here.

7. Priscilla and Louis. Representing the cougars well, just wish she didn't look exactly like one. PSA. Do not go to injection parties for your cosmetic surgery needs.

8. Marissa and Tony. At least she knows she's annoying and willing to work on that.

9. Adam and Julianne. Mostly for Julianne, but also he's having some fun.

10. Cristian and Cheryl. Poor Cheryl. Dude, you ain't that cute.

Gone too soon.

Penn and Kym. I think he could have given Joey Fat One a run for his money in the most surreal performance category.

Not gone soon enough.

Monica and Jonathan. I would think tennis would take a little more grace. Really surprised at the lack of ability to know where you body is and what it is doing. I wish you had done a lot better, but as much as I like you as a person, I'm glad to see you go.

Posted by Estee on 03-26-08 at 10:45 AM
Not gone soon enough.

Monica and Jonathan.

That's really harsh for the first one out.

Posted by Snidget on 03-26-08 at 11:38 AM
I really didn't need to see their second dance.

If I may quote myself from the ECST

"At least Marie was supposed to be dancing like a dead doll."

Posted by djandy on 03-28-08 at 10:13 AM
1.) Kristi & Mark (1) - I don't care if some people say she has an "unfair advantage". Kristi got that "unfair advantage" through years of hard work and dedication to her sport. And she's now dancing the best because of her years of practice and sacrifice, and she deserves to be rewarded and not vilified for that.
2.) Marlee & Fabian (4) - Fabian as a newbie is working wonders with the extra work that comes from having to translate everything, and Marlee does have rhythm.
3.) Shannon & Derek (8) - Shannon looks better in longer skirts because she's still bending her legs and not pointing her toes when she is extending her leg (sorry, a pet peeve of mine), and the longer skirts help to cover this up. But definitely most improved.
4.) Mario & Karina (3) - Mario's doing well but Karina's voice grates on my nerves.
5.) Jason & Edyta (7) - Also much improved. But wasn't that a "lift" at the end when Edyta's foot came off the floor when he twirled her around? I was surprised when Carrie Ann didn't mention it.
6.) Marissa & Tony (2) - At least she realized she was being a spaz and toned it down a bit, but then her natural exuberance took over again. Props to Tony for being supportive.
7.) Adam & Julianne (10) - For Adam's sense of humor since he's the only funny man left, and for Julianne of course.
8.) Steve & Anna (5) - Steve needs to work on his dancing more and on his facial expressions less. His mouth was open during much of the dance, and it looked like he was trying to catch flies.
9.) Priscilla & Louis (6) - Not as good in the faster latin dances, but still good for her age.
10.) Cristian & Cheryl (9) - Still too goofy and not enough latin dancing ability.

Out:
Monica & Johnathan (11) - When they announced this season's participants I though with her athletic ability and the balance required for tennis that she could be a contender. Boy, was I wrong.
Penn & Kym (12) - He was funny but couldn't dance at all.

Posted by iatovttotx78 on 03-28-08 at 11:17 PM

1. Jason and Edyta. I'm a bit biased. Jason's been #1 on my "sexiest man ever" list for the last 10 years. I find I need a cold shower after he finishes dancing. HHHOTTT!

2. Kristi and Mark. Loved Kristi when she was skating. A lot of her skills seem to translate to the dance floor. Just a lot of fun to watch.

3. Mario and Karina. I wasn't familiar with him before the season, but he's got skills on the dance floor. (and his music isn't bad either). Plus, he's got really nice arms.

4. Marlee and Fabian. Given that she's deaf I think they do extraordinarily well. On Pure dancing, not quite as good as Jason, Kristi, or Mario

*BIG DROP OFF*

5. Priscilla and Louis. Too nip - tucked in appearance, but dances very well for her age. I enjoy watching her a lot. However, the crawling on the floor last week made me uncomfortable.

6. Shannon and Derek. They dance well, but something is missing... IDK what it is.

7. Steve and Anna- While not the best dancer, Steve seems to be having a lot of fun out there and that makes it fun to watch.

8. Marissa and Tony- One of those overly bubbly personalities that I find annoying.

9. Adam and Julianne. Adam has got to be the worst dancer left in the competition. Plus, I've always thought he's a pig thanks to the "Man Show" Would have liked to see him leave last week.

10. Cristian and Cheryl- Is there still a tenth team? Utterly forgettable. They're not bad dancers, just unmemorable.

Sprung by Tribe

Posted by CattyChat on 03-31-08 at 03:19 PM
1. Kristi & Mark (1): Always been a fan. She is world class and is the best chance for a female DWTS winner.

2. Shannon & Derek (5): I knew she had it in her! She has the looks, drive and natural talent. I am a 30-something hetero female who is voting for a hot talented woman. Go Shannon! Glad she made it past the first cut. There is hope.

3. Marlee & Fabian (2): Marlee impresses me, though I m not surprised. She is elegant, beautiful and graceful.

4. Adam & Julianne (4): My fave guy. He kinda sucks at the dancing, but he cracks me up. As long as he is quick with the sarcasm, I hope he hangs in there a bit. I'll vote for him on 2 phones if he calls Carrie Ann another naughty name. Carrie Ann needs to lighten up and learn to laugh at herself AND put a leash on her hormones.

5. Jason & Edyta (6): He's good looking and okay personality (a little stiff) and has potential as a dancer. It also doesn't hurt to be paired up with Edyta. He has some longevity.

6. Steve & Anna (10): A little better the second time around. I just don't buy the whole "Gee golly, what a wonderful experience" act from Steve. If you aren't a natural dancer, I want you to entertain me. I think Steve's people told him that America votes for cheesy goodness and he is overdoing it.

7. Mario & Karina (8): I admit this kid has some talent, but I just don't care. He's not on my radar and I just hope he doesn't make it anywhere near the top 3 and threaten the top females this season.

8. Priscilla & Louis (7): They're both just too creepy to watch.

9. Cristian & Cheryl (9): He's no Helio.

10. Marissa & Tony (11): I didn't think she could get anymore annoying and boy was I WRONG!! What the heck was she crying for? She was barely criticized and she cries about it? Okay, that is even more annoying than her psychotic giggling and ants-in-her-pants jumping around.

Teller, hurry and make Penn reappear!
Penn & Kym (3): Bummer. No more magic and laughs.

Glad it wasn't Shannon!
Monica & Jonathan (12): I ranked her dead last and I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Proves that not all athletes have an "unfair advantage."

Boy, I sure do miss Maks!!!!

Posted by observer on 04-01-08 at 02:24 AM
I loathe yamaguchi: her father's a dentist.