URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID57
Thread Number: 4607
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Christie"

Posted by Lambchopa on 05-11-06 at 08:09 PM
I think Christie is being treated unfairly. I feel she has made amazing progress in the house and I think Antonia and Niambi's bully mentality has no place in the SO house. As far as Niambi being an angry black woman, she brought the label to the table, which was unnecessary. The SO house is what it is and if you cannot adjust to how it operates and what is expected leave.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Christie"
Posted by techstyle on 05-11-06 at 09:07 PM
Christie had a very horriable past, had to be taken in by neighbors, mother- drugged out , father- well, thats a sad story, litte brother -age 12- sad, sad indeed. I wonder if she had clothes or school supplies or anything good to eat. Her mom to this day looks like BAD news. Wonder what else happened? So what if it takes her 2 or 3 years in the house. I think Jodi is still there to protect her from falling way, way down with no support.

Posted by Madigan on 05-12-06 at 07:46 AM
I agree. Christie gets slammed on these boards a lot, but if I had to choose between Christie, Niambi or Antonia to be stuck on a deserted Island with...it would be Christie HANDS DOWN.

Posted by staceeturner on 05-12-06 at 12:13 PM
At first I really disliked Christie (she still bugs me a little).
however I think considering her past and her drug use and alcholism and just being barely sober for a short time, she has come a long way in the SO house and what Niambi is so upset about is what that Christie will not coddle her. JMHO PEACE.

short&sassy

Posted by SueNahMe on 05-12-06 at 12:18 PM
>At first I really disliked Christie
>(she still bugs me a
>little).
>however I think considering her past
>and her drug use and
>alcholism and just being barely
>sober for a short time,
>she has come a long
>way in the SO house
>and what Niambi is so
>upset about is what that
>Christie will not coddle her.
>JMHO PEACE.
>
>
>
>short&sassy

I think Christie is the one who wants to be coddled. Yes, she has her share of problems, but who in the house doesn't? At some point, you have to own your problems and deal with them yourself, not wait for someone else to deal with them for you. She needs to get it together fast, for herself and her little brother. IMHO, she's just plain lazy.

Posted by Baxtera on 05-12-06 at 12:20 PM
I'm still not sure what Niambia is expecting from this experience. She doesn't want to share, she doesn't want people to comment on her past/her issues, so why did she choose to come on SO? What was her point?

I think Christie trys the best she can and she is at least honest enough to admit she has no idea what she is doing. She has gone to Rhonda on several occasions regarding the 5K and admitted she's lost, she is overwhelmed, etc. She knows she is out of her comfort zone.

Then we have Antonia, sleeps until Noon and has Poetri do all the work for her Poetry reading and still doesn't make her $500 and wonders how it was she failed sleeping when she should have been working. Round 2 we find Antonia sleeping when she supposed to be painting only thins time only Niambia not a professional to bail her out. WHINE, MOAN, CRY, COMPLAIN. She didn't even try to do what was very easy paint a room. It doesn't require much effort or planning. Planning a charity event does require knowledge that Christie doesn't get and she was smart enough to go to her LC and say I'm lost I need help. Antonia, what ever.

Posted by maryellennaco on 05-12-06 at 02:36 PM
I actually thought Niambi had a point. Christie is always making out like she's Miss Compassion, yet she is constantly pointing out what OTHERS are doing wrong.
I thought it was ridiculous of her to act like a ninny-baby about anyone at the restaurant having a glass of wine with their dinner. How in the WORLD is she going to make it in the "real world" after the SOH, when she's around someone who ISN"T an alcoholic like she is?? For that matter, why were they even IN a restaurant when she freely admits she's abused: Booze, Drugs, Men & FOOD??? Are they now not supposed to EAT in front of her in case she might get the urge to abuse herself with FOOD again??? I think her calling Niambi "childish" is about like the proverbial pot calling the kettle black.JMHO

Posted by jaedysmom on 05-13-06 at 03:09 AM
I understand some people have a problem with Christie, but if I remember correctly she was not the only one who did not help Antonia and Niambi!! But it seems like all the "anger" was geared towards Christie!!! IMO, if Christie didn't want to help, she is not obligated!! Like I said before, Antonia is lazy and that was her project, she wanted the others to basically do all the work, and then she takes all the credit, which is probably what happens in her real life situations!!

Posted by bentherdunthat on 05-12-06 at 03:06 PM
I like Christie but I do have to say that she is awfully self-absorbed. Christie doesn't put herself out for the other housemates-I've noticed that she extends her "compassion" only when they come to her. Antonia and Niambi's behavior at dinner WAS rude, childish and out of line, but Christie bought right into it. She could have easily taken the high road and ignored it for the time being and then addressed it at a more appropriate time but she felt "put out" and rather than consider Jodi and her mother it became all about Christie.
Even her speech at Jodi's graduation was telling. "You've supported ME and loved ME and been there for ME and ME ME ME..(ad nauseum)" that was all there was to her speech...a long diatribe about "ME"
Again, I like Christie, but I don't see that she's made a lot of progress at the SO house, I only see that the SO house and the houseguests have adapted to Christie.

Posted by origsofan on 05-12-06 at 03:26 PM
I think Christie's made great progress. To remain cool when Niambi and Antonia are trying to break her down just showed that. Some people just get off on tearing other people down, ie: Antonia the Real World reject and Niambi the other woman who can't get her own guy. It takes time to come up from where Christie's been and she can't be expected to be all the way there yet. She still obviously needs reassurance and encouragement, and what's wrong with that. At least Christie and Jodi try to be kind and caring, whether it's totally real or not.

Posted by Omniscia on 05-12-06 at 04:26 PM
There's sooooo many women who have stories as bad or worse than Christie that don't act like raccists, or sloths, or judgmental. I really hate this girl more than any person on tv EVER. She hasn't progressed in the house, she's regressed. Boy is she in a for a rude awakening when she leaves! Guess what, the world won't stop drinking to support you! Tee hee!

Posted by Cinnamongirl30 on 05-12-06 at 04:54 PM
While I don't care for Christie that much Niambi and Antonia are a joke. Niambi the follower and Antonia the wannabe tough girl. Antonia's mad because Christie wouldn't help her.That's how it started. C'mon Antonia for 2 months out of your life you can't pull together a little self discipline and complete an assignment without bitching and moaning. She can go back to her lazy whining 80's hair and clothes life after she leaves. Christie is just their victim at the moment cause their bored.

Posted by Twinkles on 05-12-06 at 04:50 PM
I don't know how honorable that calm was. Was she just trying to stay calm in comparison to show that she wasn't going to get as angry?

Christie has a false air of superiority and it's getting on people's nerves. She doesn't really feel superior or calm. I know that but she's bugging me, too.

I do understand the point of people who remember where she started and realize she's come far.

I don't blame anyone for Christie's current situation but I think she is in the wrong place right now. She recently came out of rehab for Vicodin and stopped using alcohol. That means she has detoxed and is an addict who has to deal with herself. She has addictions up the ying/yang. She acts and feels (and WAS justifiably so) like a victim. She's angry at the world. She is now taking it out on everyone and everything around her a sanctimonious self-rightous, passive-aggressive way.

IF, she were in AA, NA, Passages, whatever follow-up then she would be dealing with her own addiction rehab. Right now she isn't. She's not in a place equipped to deal with her, to "call her out on those issues" as it were. So, she gets away with her "poor me" routine which sounds justified because her past is sad but it won't work for her to truly change. It won't help her stay chemical free and be an independent, energetic person who doesn't judge people and think they are accountable for her well being (support her). She needs to start a whole new way of thinking that you acquire in drug and alcohol treatment programs that is unique to those communities. Until she goes to the right places for help and uses it, she's going to continue to have similar interactions with people that don't work well.

Posted by bentherdunthat on 05-15-06 at 02:01 PM
>. She is now
>taking it out on everyone
>and everything around her a
>sanctimonious self-rightous, passive-aggressive way.

Passive -aggresive...Exactly! That describes Christie to a T.

Posted by Cleverone on 05-13-06 at 01:45 AM
>I like Christie but I do
>have to say that she
>is awfully self-absorbed. Christie doesn't
>put herself out for the
>other housemates-I've noticed that she
>extends her "compassion" only when
>they come to her. Antonia
>and Niambi's behavior at dinner
>WAS rude, childish and out
>of line, but Christie bought
>right into it. She could
>have easily taken the high
>road and ignored it for
>the time being and then
>addressed it at a more
>appropriate time but she felt
>"put out" and rather than
>consider Jodi and her mother
>it became all about Christie.
>
>Even her speech at Jodi's graduation
>was telling. "You've supported ME
>and loved ME and been
>there for ME and ME
>ME ME..(ad nauseum)" that was
>all there was to her
>speech...a long diatribe about "ME"
>
>Again, I like Christie, but I
>don't see that she's made
>a lot of progress at
>the SO house, I only
>see that the SO house
>and the houseguests have adapted
>to Christie.

BTDT ...as usual, you nailed that one! I couldn't have said it better...I guess, she's become the new "Kim" in the self absorbed category....she's made little to no progress during her stay. She wants to lead, but isn't capable and it's draining her to keep pretending to be someone she isn't.

...and you're absolutely correct in that the only perceived progress is on behalf of the other HG's in their adjustments to her demands.

"I walk in my own shoes..."

Posted by standinmytruth on 05-12-06 at 05:24 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-06 AT 05:26 PM (EST)

Yeah. Christie deserves to live some place soft and fluffy. A place where her husband, boyfriend and Jodi will peel her grapes and wipe her @ss. Poor poor little Christie. Please, never make her responsible for anything. Life should be a drug-trip on the Yellow Submarine.

Posted by tvfun on 05-12-06 at 05:34 PM
Unfairly? You get what you put out. Christie puts out a negative vibe toward people she is "intimidated" by.

Why is it okay for Christie to "call out" everybody elses faults, but when someone points out hers......she pulls out the "victim" card. She always has to be "right" She is so quick to judge others that she can't even see how "she is being" Like Niambi said: Christie...practice what you preach! You are a selfish hypocrite.

Posted by standinmytruth on 05-12-06 at 05:39 PM
not only that, she has to cry to jodi or have a special meeting to have someone else express her feelings. if that's not enough, chrristie has to have the entire house punished because she doesn't have the simplest control over her own life. christie is toxic.

Posted by tvfun on 05-12-06 at 06:26 PM
Christie doesn't know how to put 2 words together let alone put together a complete sentance. I bet she has secret meetings with Jodi just to have Jodi tell her what to say.

Ever notice when Christie speaks, she stumbles and slurs her words.
She doesn't even make any sense. She is so "dumb" Heck, even Cassie can speak better than her.

Can she do anything with out her "love kitten" Jodi?

Posted by Redbud on 05-12-06 at 07:07 PM
Christie is a joke. Her current addiction is Rhonda and psychobabble. As soon as she leaves the house it probably won't be long before she returns to her old self because she has realized these changes, she's just espousing words. In the meantime, while at SOH she managed to pick up: condescending, self-indulgent, selfish, lazy (maybe she had that already), insulting and narcisstic. Get a grip Christie, the only segment of the white woman community you represent is: alcohoic, drug abuser, slut, loser. And sister that is a small small segment. You're a lost cause in my book. I don't wish her anything bad! I just think she's just as screwed up today as she was the day she walked in. Only this time she apparently thinks she has morphed into a life coach. Nice going Rhonda...we'll see you at BOR and you get an F.

Posted by standinmytruth on 05-12-06 at 07:08 PM
>Christie doesn't know how to put
>2 words together let alone
>put together a complete sentance.
>I bet she has secret
>meetings with Jodi just to
>have Jodi tell her what
>to say.
>
>Ever notice when Christie speaks, she
>stumbles and slurs her words.
>
>She doesn't even make any sense.
>She is so "dumb" Heck,
>even Cassie can speak better
>than her.
>
>Can she do anything with out
>her "love kitten" Jodi?

no

Posted by sowhat on 05-13-06 at 10:50 AM
> I think Christie is being
>treated unfairly. I feel she
>has made amazing progress in
>the house and I think
>Antonia and Niambi's bully mentality
>has no place in the
>SO house. As far as
>Niambi being an angry black
>woman, she brought the label
>to the table, which was
>unnecessary. The SO house
>is what it is and
>if you cannot adjust to
>how it operates and what
>is expected leave.

"Amazing progress"..amazing?..hmm, isn't that Christie's big adjective? LMAO, nice try..