URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 460
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"average joe Hawaii"

Posted by sw33tlow_cal88 on 04-05-04 at 02:47 AM
Why do they make it look like Hawaii is such a beautiful PLace?. i live in hawaii and surely it ain't that beautful. well the the Atomosphere is.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: average joe Hawaii"
Posted by mrc on 04-05-04 at 09:15 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-04 AT 09:16 AM (EST)

They actually built a set in Hollywood to make it seem like the contestants were in Hawaii. No one caught on, which means they probably will use it again in AJ Hawaii 2: Brian Chooses.

Or . . . maybe they just filmed it in Hawaii?!!!

"Really?"
Posted by KScott on 04-05-04 at 09:21 AM
I thought they were in Hawaii.

- of course it's a Slicey production!

"RE: Really?"
Posted by mrc on 04-05-04 at 09:32 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-04 AT 09:35 AM (EST)

Nah, that would be too easy and expensive for a reality TV show. Reality TV is about two things: saving money (hence, not flying 20 or so contestants to Hawaii b/c it would cost a butt-load) and making things "seem" like reality when they actually aren't so we will watch (so, build a set so that the contestants only appear to be in reality). It's the whole premise behind "The Truman Show" from several years back. It's also why Big Brother is such darn compelling television.

Or . . . I am making all of this up in my painfully pitiful attempt at online humor, and they actually filmed in Hawaii.

"series finale?"
Posted by dawsonleery on 04-05-04 at 02:57 PM
Heard that tonight's eppy is the series finale?

"Yes."
Posted by KScott on 04-05-04 at 03:04 PM
Starts at 9:00 EST (2 hours)

- of course it's a Slicey!