URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 459
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"umm gender differences??"

Posted by frederico on 11-18-05 at 02:58 PM
thank you for the support ladies... I think if the show was with men it would be much different.. less of a family atmosphere... or um less physically emotional i guess i would say... Still fearful of what to say on here..... Want to voice my opinions but need to feel the need to tread lightly. But that for me is the strangest aspect of the show the emotional an physical contact... An the support.. Like everyone being interested in each others tasks an nobody jus goin off alone an doin their assignments without really discussing whas going on.
I really would have liked to watch a show like this with couples as although the differences between men and women could be put into words its the actual visual aspect of how they interact that is a better learning tool.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: umm gender differences??"
Posted by Amalfi coast girl on 11-18-05 at 03:06 PM
frederico, if you come back and your post is moved check the general starting over forum. Technically your post should be there and the moderators move thing around and/or close them down when there are problems.

The visual comment gave me a laugh. You sound like my husband.

The couples are supposed to be back on sometime during the season so you will get to see them if you keep watching.

Don't worry about treading lightly around here. We are a tough bunch. We can take it.

"RE: umm gender differences??"
Posted by MSSEVEN on 11-18-05 at 03:10 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-05 AT 03:11 PM (EST)

I thought the show was really good when the men were on there.
They seem to try a little harder than he women because they're not coming from used to coming from an emotional place . I hope they have more couples in the house.

"Starting Over had couples for several weeks (more)"
Posted by Angela1928 on 11-19-05 at 09:37 PM
Starting Over had couples for several weeks, and if you missed it perhaps they will show the couples again in reruns.

One thing for certain, at first I was skeptical about men being on the show, but now after seeing how poorly this 3rd Season of women are behaving, I have to say that they need to bring couples back!

In the couples show the couples were more open and honest. I think that the fact that each person had a "mate" who knew them so well that they could not lie without being called on the lie, made it impossible to lie.

This season my gut tells me that some of the women are not on the show for valid reasons.

For example, I still do not know why Lisa is on the show when she constantly shows no real commitment to change. And why should she, since she is a Trust-Fund-Baby.

Also the prostitute (and note that I do not say ex-prosititue) Christina seems to be here with ulterior motives. She has yet to have a "serious" assignment.

Well, over all before I forget, welcome to this forum!

It is good to hear a man's perspective, keep posting!