URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID57
Thread Number: 4589
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Niambi exciting as watching paint dry"

Posted by beckettrep on 05-09-06 at 08:46 PM
That girl is just plain dull - her demeanor, her facial expressions (or lack thereof). What is with her?? If that's how she is in 'real' life I can't imagine anyone wanting to be around her. She sorta looks doped up or spaced out or something. In any case she's obviously not getting 'with it' and should run along.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Niambi exciting as watching paint dry"
Posted by crazeec on 05-09-06 at 09:50 PM
I truly feel for this woman - as much as she irratates me.......when she shows any expression at all I think it is fake - those acting lessons. She needs a better acting coach though. I keep asking myself, why did this woman come here? Did she think they would give her some ruby slippers or a fairy godmother? I also think though that they brought her in so late in the season that they will have no real time to work with her and that she is being short-changed. More than she short-changes herself. Which is a LOT. If I had one wish after this long strange season (and maybe the last) of SO - it would be to see a true smile on her face. Maybe I blinked and missed it. I see so many friends and women in her situation. So lost. It hurts to watch and I don't think her assignments are even close to helping her. I like Iylana but she is just skimming on this woman. Niambi may have past issues but for now it is situation man. Telling her she sold her soul for a piece of ##### is one thing. Giving her ways to deal with that is another and I haven't seen anything on that. Self-esteem - yes. Piddly attempts imo. But you don't get that in a couple of weeks. It's not fair and this show has been a favorite of mine for so long. I have learned things from it that benefited me. I can only wish the same for Niambi. But with the other situation man's woman posting on current stuff.... I can wish in one hand and **** in the other. Damn that woman needs a real hug - not a LC on tv hug that lasts until the season runs out. And it takes two women to make a stupid decision on one man this long. Addictions are funny things. So is denial. I, Cindy, personally DENY I have ever done anything wrong or put up with anybody's crap!!!! Of course I have. But of course I'll post here that it's all over and done with...............cause to post otherwise wouldn't look too good.
All JMO.

Posted by snowflake2 on 05-09-06 at 10:39 PM
beckettrep, I also find Niambi exceptionally dull. It is very difficult for me to reconcile the Niambi I am watching on SO everyday with the Niambi who writes the following about herself:

"Get to really know this once professional athlete, former Olympian, US Army Veteran, reality TV show typecast, model, aspiring actress, writer and recording artist, up close and personal! Needless to say, I have a very eclectic background and am multi-talented! I haven't begun to scratch the surface of my true potential, so look for my name in lights!! I am on the path to living my highest vision for my life. I am also very passionate about helping others achieve their goals and maximize their full potential! Whether it's as a personal trainer, recruiter, public speaker, coach or good friend. My peeps consider me the funny one & I'm spontaneous and very adventurous. I intend to use this forum to share little nuggets of wisdom with the world (or at least those of you that care). I am about achieving every goal I can dream and my life's motto is: I'll see you at the TOP!! So thanx for joining me on the journey and you know where I'll be! Smoochez ..."

This makes her sound like a mover and a shaker, and maybe she is, but...so far all I see is Niambi looking rather dazed.

BTW, wonder why nothing has been mentioned on the show about Niambi being a "US Army Veteran"?

Posted by VelvetElegance on 05-09-06 at 10:50 PM
The answer is contained in both of your questions. Niambi in all her spectacular boredom is in the house for the same reason many women come through the house, or any other relatity show. So far only Sommer and Tess have been open enough to aknowledge it. Ms Niambi has greater hollywood aspirations. She probably looks as Starting Over as the catalyst to those other those but since we're on the subject. Has anybody really ever left Starting Over to go on to real fame? I know I saw Audrey in the mall here in ATL recently. I know Allison fancy's herself a life coach now which says a lot about how hard it is to call ones self a life coach. You can basically Hang out a shingle and *poof* you're a coach. So can't understand for the life of me why those women are so convinved that their road to stardom and fame is going to be paved through the Starting Over house...Based on results, that clearly doesn't seem to be the case.

Posted by Incognito on 05-10-06 at 00:01 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-06 AT 01:04 AM (EST)

Just popping in here. Not sure this is the place to do it. I've had a feeling that the show picked up after the Christmas break when Niambi's hair was, suddenly, short and soft curly. It's really a heebie-jeebie creepy feeling for me. Anyone agree? Is that when those strange, wavy/fuzzy, ethereal LaLa confessionals began? The ones where's she's wearing Niambi's dress and switching out jewelry? This show is really giving me the kwreeps.

AntiSOAntionia is too damned tired and "cold" for a 24 year old from Bawhston transplanted to So Cal! Suddenly, Jilly has had four birthdays? Christie is on a drip of sumptin? Christie and Jodi ---> I ain't sayen nuttin. Sommer? Couldn't bear her before and her acting coach obviously tried to have her tone down her head shimmy and eyerolls. A "C" student, at best. She's still a sneak and fake and just plain dull. LOL Cassie? Boy, those strings were clipped with no notice. Jessuckka? Present at the "poetry slam" but not acknowledged? Some posters say they saw Lynnell. I didn't, but, I'm half blind and just have a 13 inch tv that's so far away I can't really see much...
Incognito

Posted by beckettrep on 05-10-06 at 08:18 AM
Wow, those words Niambi spoke of herself sure do contrast with the person we're seeing on TV. Even her speech -it's like it's an effort for her to even talk clearly. I certainly don't know what's really up with her but I think she's a fake too and I still contend she is about as exciting to watch as drying paint. If she's there seeking her big break on tv then I guess she's just the same as a lot of the other women who's motives were suspect but at least the other women had some 'life' to them. Niambi acts (or doesn't act at all) like she's on one life long pill and it must be a downer. Get that girl some uppers quick or send her packing PLEASE!!

Posted by Juliejo on 05-10-06 at 08:40 AM
In my opinion Niambi is depressed. She has that look on her face because she is unhappy and she is tried all the time because she is depressed. She needs help and fast. Mr. Situation is not her only problem he is just one of many. I do not find her dull, I do feel very sorry for her and the life she is living. I think Iguana is failing her with all the beat up yourself scenes and I do not think she is at the SO house to become a Star. Although she does have a nice singing voice.

Posted by Incognito on 05-10-06 at 10:15 AM
Juliejo writes:
>In my opinion Niambi is depressed.
> She has that look
>on her face because she
>is unhappy and she is
>tried all the time because
>she is depressed. She
>needs help and fast.
>Mr. Situation is not her
>only problem he is just
>one of many. I
>do not find her dull,
>I do feel very sorry
>for her and the life
>she is living. I
>think Iguana is failing her
>with all the beat up
>yourself scenes and I do
>not think she is at
>the SO house to become
>a Star. Although she
>does have a nice singing
>voice.

I have to agree with your observations. I don't find Niambi dull at all. I do see her as being terribly, terribly sad. I just hope she doesn't come out of the asylum in worse shape than when she entered!!! She hasn't updated her blog for almost a week now...
Incognito

Posted by kawyar on 05-10-06 at 11:33 AM
>In my opinion Niambi is depressed.
> She has that look
>on her face because she
>is unhappy and she is
>tried all the time because
>she is depressed. She
>needs help and fast.
>Mr. Situation is not her
>only problem he is just
>one of many. I
>do not find her dull,
>I do feel very sorry
>for her and the life
>she is living. I
>think Iguana is failing her
>with all the beat up
>yourself scenes and I do
>not think she is at
>the SO house to become
>a Star. Although she
>does have a nice singing
>voice.

I see Niambi as being more filled with rage that she represses, which may make her appear depressed and sad perhaps. As a former Olympian athlete, her life would have been totally regimented and routined to death. Now she's in the SO house without the same structure and the adjustment is hard for her.

If other aspects of normal growing up, e.g., making mistakes and forgiving herself, developing social skills, etc., were repressed also, it's no wonder that Niambi seems to lack personality. That self-control and self-discipline are still evident, however there's not much direction given to her to explore herself further. Poor life-coaching? Most likely!

Ever since Kim graduated, I've been spending the SO hour (7:00-8:00 am) taking my two dogs for walks around the neighbourhood. It's been healthier for me (and them), plus I get ready for work faster! Good thing I forced myself to STOP watching whiny, self-pitying, wannabe "celebrities".

I still like coming to this board to see what's I'm missing out on. There are more smarts here at any given time than throughout all three seasons of SO... combined!

Posted by 26mitogo on 05-10-06 at 05:22 PM
kawyar ~ DING! DING! DING! I think you nailed it with the your statements about Niambi:

>>>"As a former Olympian athlete, her life would have been totally regimented and routined to death. Now she's in the SO house without the same structure and the adjustment is hard for her.

If other aspects of normal growing up, e.g., making mistakes and forgiving herself, developing social skills, etc., were repressed also, it's no wonder that Niambi seems to lack personality. That self-control and self-discipline are still evident, however there's not much direction given to her to explore herself further."<<<

Remember Vanessa Atler, the gymnast from last year? She had many of the same issues and problems as Niambi. My daughter spent 15 yrs consumed with the sport of gymnastics herself. We loved the discipline, the drive, the falling & failing and getting back up to keep fighting, setting goals and doing what it takes to achieve them, the time management skills needed, and soooo many of the other positive lessons of being a national athlete. What we didn't realize until later was the many lessons she never had the chance to learn that are just as important. She too was completely lost when every decision, every moment, and every aspect of her life wasn't dictated by her athletic career. She had to make decisions while in the sport but it usually consisted of how the choices she made affected her scores and performance. When she decided to not continue the sport in college she really didn't know what to do with herself. The sport had always been formost in her mind. And the successes didn't give her the confidence in anything else. Like Niambi, she was known by everyone by what she did. She felt lost and invisible when she was just another face in the crowd. And we've seen the same lost expressions, poor decision making, and amazing lack of self-confidence in most of her fellow teammates and friends from the sport when they are out, even more so in some that went on to become huge college stars. Thankfully our daughter learned most of those lessons she missed earlier within the 1st couple yrs in college and found herself and her many other strengths.

Actually, even though it hurts to see Niambi hanging on to someone who can't possibly really care about her feelings, I am glad to see her question some of what she is hearing from Iyanla. She has spent her life saying "Yes sir" & "yes ma'am" to her coaches and the superiors in the military. She needs to learn to question "coaches" who tell her what to do and what is best for her. I hope she does learn to make good decisions and do what's best for herself ... and drops "Situation" low-life and leaves him far far behind.

Posted by kawyar on 05-13-06 at 11:14 AM
I'm so glad to hear that your daughter found healthy ways to adjust to "real" life, after the pursuit of athletic perfection. I used to work out at a college gymnasium years ago where they also trained young girls for Olympic gymnastics. I'd see young, pre-pubescent girls barely out of childhood reduced to heart-breaking tears because they couldn't make their bodies perform according to their coach's expectations. I often wondered why the parents weren't around to supervise this treatment of their lovely children.

There is an advantage to having that self-discipline to achieve goals against all the odds, however there is a great price to be paid for that. I'm glad that your daughter was able to find equilibrium at a relatively young age. It saddens me to see that Niami has had to wait this much longer in her own life to ask questions and try to find the answers herself. I hope she comes to believe that she is worth much more than whatever miserly bits Situation Man deals out to her.

Last season, I didn't really like Vanessa very much at first, but as I got to know her better and I started to glimpse that steely back bone, I started to admire and respect her more and more. Now I wish her all the best the world has to offer her. I wish the same for Niambi. I hope she reaches her goals without the questionable obstacles that Iyanla will pose for her.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 05-10-06 at 12:19 PM
She seems so sad that it's just painful to watch for myself. She seems just so out of her world and just doesn't know what to do. It seems so clear to me that she just needs to dump that guy and move on. I sure hope she gets away from him. He is just sucking the life out of her.

Posted by amandatees on 05-10-06 at 01:55 PM
Hello everyone. Loving these boards
I agree, Niambi seems very numb to me.

One question I have: is that a Kabbalah string/bracelet on her right wrist? I've been trying to get a close up veiw but the next time she's shown she's in long sleeves. If so, I wonder if those beleifs provide anymore insight into her behavior. (or it could be because it is or was 'trendy')
AT

Posted by JessicaRN on 05-13-06 at 01:15 AM
I thought the same thing about the red string on her wrist. Perhaps she has been searching, because she seems so "tired." In some ways, it was a pleasure to see her have some "heat" with Christie.

Posted by standinmytruth on 05-10-06 at 02:09 PM
HEY!!! That's not right. You know darn well that Sommer was cast in the role of paint drying!

Posted by simpledimple on 05-10-06 at 04:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-06 AT 04:06 PM (EST)

I agree that Niambi's demeanour is very, very flat. I think it could be related to the fact that she just doesn't want to own up to the fact that she is having an illicit affair, and in spite of all her talk about going without him, "cold turkey" (as she said to Iyanla), she is calling him, and emailing him, and really just not dealing with this at all. She is hypocritical! She is hiding.
Not a very transparent person at all...especially if she is quoted at saying that she wants to be a recording artist, then why did she protest so much about singing at the studio?
Sheesh! She is faking all this.

Posted by beckettrep on 05-10-06 at 11:42 PM
Faking it? Yes, I agree, big time. I also find it hard to feel sorry for someone who, once she found out the guy was with someone else, decided (or choose, as Iguana would say) to continue her half-a$$ed relationship with him. Between Lisatwits 'Mr. Internet' and Niambi's 'Mr. Situation' I'm beginning to tire of this whole scenario. For one thing isn't calling these jerks Mr. I and Mr. S a bit childish - I can understand not wanting to use their 'real' names so why not just call them John Doe's or something - it would seem less childish than the Mr. I and Mr. S crap. I feel bad that Niambi got sucked in by a guy who was already in another relationship but I can't feel sorry for her at all - whether she felt she 'loved' him or not she should have stood up for all women and refused to the 'other woman' if for no other reason than to spare the first woman in this creeps life. How would Niambi like if she found herself with a guy and also found himself the 'other woman'... Well at this point Niambi would deserve whatever feelings she would get from that since she persists in chasing an unattached guy.

Posted by techstyle on 05-11-06 at 09:54 PM
Niambi is not fun to watch anymore, she is predictable so far to me. None of them are that interesting anymore and after the out to dinner scene today I'm feeling pain and would rather have watched the paint dry in the guest room. Niambi did have some great scenes though, and I was hopeful.

Posted by beckettrep on 05-14-06 at 00:24 AM
> Niambi is
>not fun to watch anymore,
>she is predictable so far
>to me. None of them
>are that interesting anymore and
>after the out to dinner
>scene today I'm feeling pain
>and would rather have watched
>the paint dry in the
>guest room. Niambi did have
>some great scenes though, and
>I was hopeful.

My darned ole DVR didn't tape that day for some reason so I missed part 1 of the whole scenario. Caught it the next day when Toadie got the announcement on a cake - seems like they finally had something worth seeing and I missed it darn it.
In any case I don't think Niambi was ever fun to watch - she's ugly on the inside and it seeps through the pores of her skin. She makes racist comments and then gets po'd when anyone else does it - a case of do as I say not as I do.... In my book what's good for the goose is good for the gander...oh well, to each his own I guess

Posted by beckettrep on 05-14-06 at 03:08 PM
>HEY!!! That's not right.
>You know darn well that
>Sommer was cast in the
>role of paint drying!

Sommer can be the drying primer to paint over the god-awful gold color Antonia picked out for the guest room. Sommer was just plain fake (and still is) but Niambi gets the crown for being the dullest of them all. She needs to lay off the downers (and keep them out of CHristie's reach).

Posted by bentherdunthat on 05-12-06 at 02:40 PM
IMO the only houseguest with any personality is Antonia. I think Niambi, Jodi, Christie and Sommer couldn't be more blah. That being said...I don't necessarily LIKE Antonia's personality, but at least she has some life to her. The other's act as though they are on a constant valium drip. Even Cassie had more pep than this crew.

Posted by origsofan on 05-12-06 at 11:09 PM
Niambi is just plain uugly inside and out. She proved it. Starting over must be hard up. Seems like they picked Niambi up on some street corner. Is mister situation maybe a man of ill repute perhaps. Just a thought.

Posted by sillybear on 05-13-06 at 04:53 PM
What amazes me is how she seems so blank and emotionless one minute.Then can get into those anger exercises with seemingly no difficulty.How does a person do that?Is the anger just under the surface or is she simply a good actress?Hmm I wonder.

Posted by beckettrep on 05-13-06 at 06:25 PM
>What amazes me is how she
>seems so blank and emotionless
>one minute.Then can get into
>those anger exercises with seemingly
>no difficulty.How does a person
>do that?Is the anger just
>under the surface or is
>she simply a good actress?Hmm
>I wonder.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to find she has some kind of substance abuse - at least that would account for her constant 'lows' with an occasional 'high' thrown in the mix. Maybe she's getting her meds mixed up. I really think she's there for all the wrong reasons (TV exposure) and they should send her packing pronto.

Posted by Twinkles on 05-14-06 at 06:52 PM
She just seems like she's depressed to me. She has a flat affect and lots of supressed, but accesible, anger turned inward and every which way but the right way at the right time.

I've tuned her out and missed a bit of her story but I get the idea that she isn't assertive when something is happening but she gets angry or bogged down in her life later (much, much later) as a result of not dealing with the earlier problems.

She'd benefit from some cognitive therapy to help with her thinking traps that keep her spinning back into acting in the same patterns - hopeless, not assertive, I know what I wanted - yesterday, but I didn't act on it. That seems to be her motto.

Posted by SOfan0221 on 05-14-06 at 07:22 PM
I would never go so far as to say it is good acting. The woman has 2 emotions that I have seen......blank (90% of the time) and pi$$ed off the other 10%. Haven't seen anything close to acting yet, or if she is it's pretty poor. Tess was much more fun to watch when she went on her rants and raves, at least that woman was animated. I bet the other HG have to take Niambi's pulse a couple to times a day just to make sure she is still among the living.

Posted by beckettrep on 05-16-06 at 07:31 AM
>I would never go so far
>as to say it is
>good acting. The woman
>has 2 emotions that I
>have seen......blank (90% of the
>time) and pi$$ed off the
>other 10%. Haven't seen
>anything close to acting yet,
>or if she is it's
>pretty poor. Tess was
>much more fun to watch
>when she went on her
>rants and raves, at least
>that woman was animated.
>I bet the other HG
>have to take Niambi's pulse
>a couple to times a
>day just to make sure
>she is still among the
>living.

Take her pulse - that's good LOL. I agree she has got to be the absolute dullest housemate ever. I think all this crap about situation man (give me a break) is all a front - she's looking at SO as her opportunity for tv exposure - same as many others over the past seasons - at least the others provided some entertainment whereas Niambi is just a big waste of space.