URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 4588
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Aussie Promo - ALL Winners??"

Posted by SouperStar on 01-03-04 at 10:49 PM
A promo clip for Australia's Channel 9 says that ALL winners of previous Survivor's will compete in ASS.

Did they get it wrong or are the spoilers off?

The clip can be found at:
<http://ninemsn.com.au/tvshows/video_sml.asp?asf=/tvguide2000/tv/tvshows/2003/allstar_promo.wmv>

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"In my opinion..."
Posted by Goooey_Alley on 01-04-04 at 01:25 AM
they are just making a hype by saying ALL past winners competing for the A.S.S. Someone from other boards or an article says Brian (winner of S5 Thailand) turned down the offer and Vecepia (winner of S4) had a "baby?". So... probably some winners or runner-ups or who made it to Merge (or Fake Merge in case of Thailand) but definitely those who are still clinging for 15 minutes of fame and for the money.

"wrong"
Posted by tribephyl on 01-04-04 at 03:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-04-04 AT 04:03 PM (EST)

I say Channel Nine got it wrong.
It wouldn't be the first time Ch9. in Australia made some sort of false claim about the American Survivor.

Tis troubling, but if the Australian Market, chooses to not fact check and hold Channel Nine accountable, then they are free to say almost anything they want.
Not that I have any proof myself. But, it is fairly well known that, like Goooey mentioned, Brian and Vecepia have turned down the opportunity to return. Sandra seems to not want be a part of the newest version as well. So 3 of the 7 have said "No".

Or maybe, in Australian, "All" means "Most of".

ETA my old Siggie.

"RE: Aussie Promo - ALL Winners??"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 01-04-04 at 07:24 PM

BUMPING so that this won't sink to the bottom when moved to the normal Survivor Spoilers forum

Posted by bungeye on 01-04-04 at 10:51 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-05-04 AT 00:44 AM (EST)

I am an aussie, the promo they have shown on tv (which appears to be the official promo) has sandra as a contestant in the allstar series. The tv promo does not show Brian as a contestant or Johny Fairplay.

Posted by crayZoZ on 01-11-04 at 06:04 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-04 AT 06:17 PM (EST)

I think there could be something in this. When I first read that Sandra was shown on the clip I thought yeah they ( CBS) are just including footage of the most recent winner to gee the promotion video up.

But after watching it again last night during the cricket Sandra's picture and name are shown as being on ASS I recall the dialogue says something like "......including past winners " and then wammo! There she is.....

As has been speculated on other threads that four secret contestants are bought into the game ( Brian, Jon etc )

Maybe Sandra comes back in as well perhaps as Jenna M replacement when she leaves in Ep3

ETA The clip shown last night is a new clip not one linked above I dont know how to include it sorry.. by the way Brian and Vecepia are not shown maybe someelse can get a link for this promo... Cheers crayzoz