URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 458
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Wireless router help desperately needed!"

Posted by moonbaby on 02-13-13 at 10:41 PM
Oh wah what have I done? I upgraded the wireless router firmware- something I should NEVER have done, especially since the support on the router ran out well over a year ago, and the live chat help is also gone for the night. Because now I can't connect by wifi anymore There are a series of numbers to indicate the connection and only the number 1 is lit up-it goes up to 4 and they all used to light up. It is a Netgear WNR2000v.3. According to the router page I have internet (I do) and I have wifi (I don't). My wifi network name shows up but there's an alert that says no internet connection on the device I am trying to connect. Is there anything I can do? Should I hit the reset button in the back of the router? I've been working on this for hours, I'm at the end of my rope! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Wireless router help desperately needed!"
Posted by tribephyl on 02-13-13 at 11:22 PM
I wish I knew the exact step by step to help out but for now I'd suggest going to Netgear WNR2000v3

"RE: Wireless router help desperately needed!"
Posted by dabo on 02-13-13 at 11:25 PM
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?p=391549

As already mentioned, if you have a WNR2000v3 and it was recently upgraded to the new NETGEAR Genie (TM) GUI firmware, you MUST reset back to factory defaults. This can be done via the button on the back by holding it down with a toothpick (or similar) until the lights on the front cycle and the Power LED Starts blinking. This will take 10-20 seconds or so. If you just push the reset button for a few seconds, you are only REBOOTING the router, and NOT resetting it. Another way to reset to factory defaults is to login to the GUI at 192.168.1.1 and do it from there. (Advanced Tab, then "Backup Settings" page, then at the bottom of that page you'll see "Revert to factory default settings" and a big "Erase" button. Hit that button to reset.
well, read it for yourself. good luck.

"Thank you so much!"
Posted by moonbaby on 02-14-13 at 10:00 AM
I spent hours on that website but never found anything that said to reset the router OR go back to the previous firmware. I'm going to roll back to the old one and see if it works again then leave it the hell ALONE if that doesn't work I'll reset. You guys are great, I appreciate the extra eyes looking this over for me!

"AOK"
Posted by moonbaby on 02-14-13 at 08:03 PM
Thanks again- I rolled back the firmware, wifi works again and I'm leaving it alone. Some day I'll be more tech savvy but that day is not today