URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID57
Thread Number: 4559
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jodi's 206 pounds of beauty?"

Posted by petmama on 05-04-06 at 06:19 PM
Did you catch Rhonda's comment during Jodi's BOR today?
Rhonda: Jodi, when I look you, all I can see is your beauty.
Jodi: 206 pounds of beauty.
Huh?
Jodi, at 5'3", should weigh no more than 141 pounds. At 206, she's still 65 pounds overweight.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Jodi's 206 pounds of beauty?"
Posted by imagma on 05-04-06 at 06:26 PM
Yes she is overweight. Everyone knows that. Just because someone is overweight does not mean they are not a beautiful person.

Posted by Redbud on 05-05-06 at 11:15 AM
>Yes she is overweight. Everyone
>knows that. Just because
>someone is overweight does not
>mean they are not a
>beautiful person.

How very true. And I'm sure Iyanla means "beauty" in the sense of "everyone is beautiful in their own way" and not physically.

Posted by dasboot on 05-04-06 at 06:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-06 AT 07:18 PM (EST)

Posted by snowflake2 on 05-04-06 at 08:11 PM
The way I remember it, Rhonda kind of forced Jodi to publicly admit her weight. Rhonda who brought up the weight issue, saying "...at 200 and....", trailing off and looking very expectantly at Jodi to complete the sentence. Was this a "test" for Jodi at BOR?

When I watched Jodi admit her weight, I thought, "Wow! The poster who said she scale read 217 lbs when Jodi was getting weighed was EXACTLY on the mark!!". 217 lbs minus the 11 lbs Jodi says she lost equals 206 lbs.

Posted by KittyM on 05-04-06 at 09:12 PM
206, that's more than I thought, especially for someone so short! I can't believe that she hasn't had serious health problems for carrying around that much weight. Hope she can stick to the diet.

Posted by Sues on 05-04-06 at 09:41 PM
I'm going out on a limb here as Miss Jodi doesn't seem to have too many fans...

I like her, have from the beginning. Yeah, she's a bit touchy but I think the house sort of brings that out of you if it's in there anywhere. I was really proud of her for not side stepping Rhonda's comment. This is someone who couldn't even step on the scale and now she's saying out loud how much she weighs! Good for her....

I hope she keeps her exercise and healthy eating too. I suspect that she is a really 'solid' build which is why she can weigh that much and not have the typical symptoms of being overweight. I think she would look great at around 150...lean, but muscular.

I'm afraid for her and the upcoming 'Paigeover'...

Posted by sharnina on 05-04-06 at 10:30 PM
I'll join you out on that limb, Sues. I like her and think she is cute. I like listening to her talk and imagine that she would be a very good friend. I hope she got out of her system whatever it was that made her think she should say whatever someone wanted to hear (the whole drinking incident). She seems to care deeply for these women and I like that about her.

She has made me want to join Curves. Maybe I should do that before I join you out on that limb.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Posted by MizJazmine on 05-05-06 at 01:48 AM
LOL...Well that'll make three of us out there out there on that limb then...uh oh...LOL! I've always liked Jodi too, and I think that she would make a cool galpal! So what she's a big girl. Since when is being a big girl not beautiful? Oh I beg to differ!!! I thought Jodi looked really good and more relaxed in her face. That green really looked good on her too! I was proud of her also saying her weight publically. It was hers to share when she felt comfortable enough to do so. I'm glad Jodi didn't blink with Rhonda! HA

I'm happy for Jodi...all 200+ pounds of her, and I'm glad she got an "A"! Go Jodi!

Posted by Labyrinth on 05-06-06 at 04:57 PM
That makes four - I like Jodi too. After dealing with the Allisham, Christina, and LisaOne - I am MORE THEN READY for someone that is far more confident and doesn't email her no-good boyfriend every 30 minutes.

I'm glad she has admitted her weight. I know it was hard for her. Hopefully, she can now move forward and become a physically healthy person.

Posted by petmama on 05-05-06 at 05:32 PM
Those health problems probably just haven't caught up with her yet.

Posted by Bentley on 05-04-06 at 10:26 PM
Wow! 206 lbs. of beauty! No wonder it hurts my eyes!

Posted by mirage3033 on 05-04-06 at 10:37 PM
I actually cannot wait until she gets PAIGED!!!!

Posted by bellyButton on 05-04-06 at 11:22 PM
i'm just glad she's stopped crying and wanting to leave. i like her being soft and loving so much more than the day she came in. i admire her for working out like she is..it's not easy.

Posted by Cleverone on 05-05-06 at 00:59 AM
I'm going to step out there on that limb with you ladies, (Sues, Sharnina and BellyButton).... I was very proud of Jodie today at boards....she had indeed softened and like Rhonda, I saw a beauty come out of Jodie's demeanor that I hadn't seen before. She spoke with confidence...not patronizing...from a place within her that was "real"...it made her look radiant and proud of herself, not like the scared woman who always had that "E-G-O" shield up ready to stand her ground to protect the image that she created.

The mere fact that she was able to speak her weight (out loud...no less) without going beserk was a giant leap for Jodie. She has been working out and it's beginning to pay off...she's beginning to look a little thinner around the face... I really liked her hair up....it was more flattering to her than the style she usually wears which makes her neck disappear.

I'm not one of Jodie's fans...I felt she was in such "denial" that she'd never "get it"....but, I think she's on the road and was well deserving of her "A" today.

"I walk in my own shoes..."

Posted by MizJazmine on 05-05-06 at 01:53 AM
> I'm not one of Jodie's
>fans...

Oh come on Cleverone...you're so close...just follow the light...hehehehehe

Posted by beckettrep on 05-06-06 at 06:44 PM
>Wow! 206 lbs. of beauty!
> No wonder it hurts
>my eyes!

LOL - yes, Miss Toadie certainly IS a sight for sore eyes!! I wish they'd graduate her already - the housemates must be getting sick to death of having a live-in wanna be life coach constantly groping them.

Posted by Mama_Pita on 05-05-06 at 11:11 AM
Beauty is only skin deep, Ugly is all the way thru!!!

Posted by PanchoVilla on 05-05-06 at 11:19 AM
LOL pita, Jodie is better than she was when she started but she had no place to go but up!!!!!!!!! All I can say is oink oink there goes Jodie..

Posted by pickleme on 05-05-06 at 06:53 PM
Just like a tiger cannot change its stripes, Jodi's sweet and "vulnerable" performance at the BOR was as fake as anything I've seen in a while - IMO of course. And I am definitely NOT a fan, never have been, of Jodi's personality. She is a laundry basket full of contradictions, as well as out for herself as #1. She might as well have been reading from a script. I thought everything she said was carefully crafted to meet the requirements not only to get an A, but to graduate.

I was actually hoping she might get the boot and leave, but NOoooo!

Posted by JustBNMe on 05-05-06 at 08:14 PM
pickleme I have to agree with you. She seemed very scripted and as if she rehearsed in front of a mirror all day to try to get her performance right. I was waiting for Iguana to go up to the podium and remove the paper she was reading from. As for 206 pounds of beauty I don't judge people on their weight but Jodi's personality is not attractive to me and neither is her wearing of tight clothes because she is too vain to get clothes that fit as she doesn't want to see a large number for the size when she buys them. I don't see that she has change dmuch at all since being in the house. She is just as fake now as she was before. She just uses the SOH lingo

Posted by WaveSeeker on 05-05-06 at 12:28 PM
Did Jodi ever end up dancing naked in front of the mirror?

Because I was reading that California had some earthquake tremors that lasted about ten minutes or so...

Posted by 2KOOL on 05-05-06 at 02:05 PM
LOL....Too funny! All I can say is that she is tyring to be nice because she wants to go home.

Posted by newgirl1 on 05-05-06 at 04:08 PM
I was actually shocked that Rhonda revealed the actual number. I kind of felt like it was a breech of trust to announce her wait a fact she had been trying so hard to conceal to the entire house. I actually gasped a little.

Posted by lia rose on 05-05-06 at 07:11 PM
Jodi seems to take two steps forward and three steps back in her SO house progress. The previews today (5/5) made it look like she's on everyone's nerves again for being a controlling witch.

And as for the BOR theatrics--the "Thank You _____ (SO HG) each time someone spoke about her just bugged me too!! Whether it was sincere or not, it really smacked of insincerity and falseness.

God, I bet Andy Paige will try to straighten her hair too. Remember when they did it for that speed dating episode? It was curled back up and frizzy by the end of the night. I say, work with what she has.

Posted by Mistyl on 05-06-06 at 03:43 AM
Now I have to defend Jodi here. I am a 5'3" 201 pound woman who is using the SO website and watching the shows each day to recover from a nasty divorce and rebuild myself. I am also losing weight and weight 206 lbs just a few weeks ago. While I know that I am way to heavy and am working on it, I feel so much better about myself each day that I know that I am doing what I need to do to get to my goal and have those around me supporting me and encouraging me everyday.

Jodi has come a long way in her issues with weight in being weighed each week and announcing it to everyone. I don't have the issues she does and have only told ya'll how much I weigh.

I have not always been a Jodi supporter. She is a bit brash for me and is someone I would normally shy away from, but I am so proud of her for working on this and sharing it. It is hard and I pray she doesn't read all of the harsh things you all have said. I am upset and I'm not the one on national tv going through it. Wow, I hope you are all put together and a supermodel to be able to say the things you did about her! Got any cellulite your hiding???? How's your nose?

"WARNING - Mistyl "
Posted by Bebo on 05-06-06 at 08:33 AM
Our guidelines permit both positive and negative comments about reality shows and their participants, but we do not allow bashing of other posters for expressing their opinions.

For more information on how we do things around here, please read the FAQ on this forum and our community guidelines.

Posted by kristin830 on 05-06-06 at 10:31 PM
I was surprised when Rhonda metioned her weight. I dedinitely think they were trying to set her up. I think that is a bit harsh, even for Jodi. Nobody deserves to be embarassed. Weight is a touchy subject, even if you are trying to be honest. I really thought that was cruel and insensitive. Good for Jodi that she didn't take the bait.

Posted by sharnina on 05-07-06 at 02:18 AM
If she was being set up then she did take the bait because she would have been shamed into answering.

And Jodi has proven over and over again if she doesn't want to do something she ain't doin' it.

I kind of felt like Rhonda threw that out there without thinking and then realized that she shouldn't have and stopped short - I was proud of Jodi for not hesitating and bravely filling in the number.

It is also a very freeing moment when you can stop pretending that you're not fat and love yourself for who and what you are at this moment in time. It allows you to go further and realize that you can change. But if you don't you are still you. The outer package doesn't change the inner package - or doesn't have to anyway.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Posted by msshasha on 05-07-06 at 08:06 AM
Don't be so hard on Jodi - that is a great weight loss from 217 to 206 - in how much time????????? She is working towards a good weight for her not anyone else. Joining curves was a good start and remember the weight did not go on in a day, a week, a month............ this is going to take some time to come off and I applaud her for sticking with it. I wouldn't be able to advertise my flaws (flaws - what flaws???!!!!!) on National television for everyone else to critique.
Just my opinion.

Posted by techstyle on 05-07-06 at 08:32 AM
I think it goes like this: Jodi is overweight, Jodi is not that attractive, Jodi has never had a longterm loving relationship even though she seems to be as worthy of it as some of the other hg's. ( Can you imagine life without that ) Jodi is overweight, Jodi is not that attractive, unfortunately, society is inclined to reject those people.

Posted by EMTBGRL on 05-07-06 at 10:59 AM
>Don't be so hard on Jodi
>- that is a great
>weight loss from 217 to
>206 - in how much
>time?????????

One of the things that bugs me is that the amount of time is unclear. If it has been five months, 11 lbs. lost is not that good. However, if losing 11 lbs. in 5 1/2 weeks, that would demonstrate the safe, healthy way to weight loss.

She is working
>towards a good weight for
>her not anyone else.

I dunno...She is on TV with weight loss as a goal, but I hope you are correct. It has to be for Jodi for her to maintain her loss, after she graduates. I'm not confident that Jodi really IS committed to this path. For example, if she were, she would not have treated Mary the Nutritionist the way she did. She would not eat the cr*p we see her eating. I'm worried that Jodi is doing all this just because she's on the show. (I hope I'm wrong.)

>Joining curves was a good
>start

I agree that Curves could be a good start. I know Curves is a sponsor, but after watching Jodi's workouts at Curves? - without anyone coming over to train Jodi or correct her terrible form? I would go there myself. It is apparent to me that Jodi is completely unfamiliar with working out, with how she uses that equipment at Curves.

In fairness to Jodi? It was equally unfair for someone/ trainer to not help Jodi out, as a painfully obvious 'beginner.'

But, in truth, it matters MORE what you eat, and not working out. Working out primarily helps with overall tone and muscle-buidling. Diet is far more important than exercise for weight loss. They are both important, but a proper diet is more important. Weight loss is a mathematical equation:
3,500 calories = 1 lb. Up 3,500 cal. in a week's time, gain a pound. Down 3,500 in a week's time, down a pound. You can burn calories by exercise, but not as many as eating right.

and remember the weight
>did not go on in
>a day, a week, a
>month............ this is going
>to take some time to
>come off

True! It would be nice if more people realized this, and helped people change their lifestyles overall instead of just "dieting"

and I applaud
>her for sticking with it.

I applaud the efforts...I hope she does stick with it.

>I wouldn't be able to
>advertise my flaws (flaws -
>what flaws???!!!!!) on National television
>for everyone else to critique.

Hey! We're all just people! ;)
>
>Just my opinion.

Posted by Bentley on 05-07-06 at 05:43 PM
Yeah, I don't understand the big change. She didn't want to step on a scale because of her father until she found that reason didn't hold water. She fought with the dietician and wouldn't follow direction. She is supposed to be listing everything she eats and doesn't appear to be doing that. She is shown eating junk and going to Curves three times and one of those sequences was the exact same scene as previously, but we are to believe that she is going religiously and now she is miracously losing weight. She seems quite proud of losing weight and telling the exact amount even though no one has seen her on the scale to verify the fact. She is all "cut" and her clothes are all loose according to her. I know someone who just lost 20 lbs and is taller than her and is not cut. You have to exercise properly. Attacking the machines for a few minutes doesn't do it. If she has somehow lost weight doing what she is doing, good for her, but she is so full of it, I personally don't believe her. I think Starting Over is trying to show her as having accomplished something so this seems to do it. I'll be glad when she is finally out of there.

Posted by UWSider on 05-07-06 at 09:52 AM

>Jodi, at 5'3", should weigh no
>more than 141 pounds. At
>206, she's still 65 pounds
>overweight.
>
>

Well...uh, yeah. That's why one of the things Jodi is working on in the house is weight loss.

Posted by petmama on 05-08-06 at 05:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-06 AT 05:16 PM (EST)

If Jodi had begun working on weight loss from the time she entered the SOH, she'd only be 45 pounds overweight. She's been there long enough, 16 weeks, to have lost 32 pounds. At the modest rate of two pounds a week.

Posted by daylily on 05-08-06 at 08:35 AM
Some men don't like a boney lady. My guy will tell you "I like the chunky monkeys." Jodi and I don't skinny dip we chunky dunk.
Good luck Jodi. You have to have a little something going on somewhere.