URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 4556
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Be The Survivor" S35 Ep05: "The Past Will Eat You, Then Pass You Out Its Colon""

Posted by RollDdice on 10-25-17 at 07:33 PM

Ben has nightmares about his past military service and I instruct our staff to lock up our M4's, M110 sniper rifles, and RPG launchers. And not with one of those ceremonial wooden Fijian god locks-- I want metal, with a real key. Surprisingly, no one was too concerned about the leftover MREs.

Meanwhile, Mike is in full HII hunt mode and to him "doggy style" means digging holes near the well with his front paws in order to find an idol wrapped in a dirty cloth. And his tribe has determined that Yawa isn't just a Janet Jackson backup singers' lyric; they've bonded over keeping an eye on Mike and his metal detector.

In other news, there's talk of an All-Girl Alliance, the Healers are thriving and I'm thinking of calling next season's tribes Hamburgers, Hummus and Hot Pockets.

Or maybe I'm just hungry.

Mark "Profiting on the backs (and fronts) of beautiful people in swimsuits" Burnett

Remembering Doc... 1/26/1928-10/15/2017.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Be The Survivor" S35 Ep05: "The Past Will Eat You, Then Pass You Out Its Colon""
Posted by RollDdice on 10-25-17 at 07:38 PM

Many thanks to Nasty McBathrooms (AKA kingfish) for jumping in to start last week's thresd. Much appreciated, my friend.

Hidden takeout, crouching cookie.

"RE: Be The Survivor" S35 Ep05: "The Past Will Eat You, Then Pass You Out Its Colon""
Posted by kingfish on 10-26-17 at 02:07 PM
It's always fun to get a chance to trash someone's reputation. Freeing Rona's libido and stealing his personal jet are just icing on the cake.

Nasty McBathrooms
If it's yellow, it's mellow. If it's brown, flush it down. Also flush it if it's swimming.

"" The Sand Women Cometh"
Posted by kingfish on 10-28-17 at 12:52 PM
You like that, "The Sand Women Cometh"? A play on the Broadway play title "The Iceman Cometh"? Which actually has no useful metaphorical tie-in to this episode, but it sounded kinda neat so I used it. But no, that isn't the reference. I'll spell it out to you, it's an allusion to the sand worms of "Dune", which does indeed have reference value to this week's Survivor episode, and the sandworms therein.

So don't think we are back jungle home educated dummies, we know all about references and metaphors and allusions and that sort of stuff. We know all kinds of stuff and things.

We? Who are we do you ask? Well, since you asked nicely, I am inclined to answer that query. I am Nasty McBathrooms of the clan McBathrooms (Aka McWCs in Britain, our lower dentally challenged and more ignorant cousins), and the we I am referring to is my merry band of Raunchy (really really raunchy - whoo boy are they raunchy) super spy Girl graduates of the Fertile Ferile Female School of Backwoods Fermentation Processes and Mechanical Joy Sex Stick Research and Design.

Anyway, back to the sandworms of Fiji. The challenge designers came up with an idea that managed to reduce the survivors to the level of worms in such a humiliating way, and managed to change the appearance of some of them so laughably, that one forgot that there was a serious game underway and not just a whiteface attempt at humor.

(For those of you that might take offence at a reference to whiteface, get over it).

So now that we've had our laugh at their expense, we should get on with presenting to you this week's really super spoilers gathered by my network of slithery stealthy spies and delivered by an unbroken chain of scuttling land crabs.

Sandworm Survivor Spoiler #1: Alan is boomeranged off the island when he mentions that his target is Joe, then Joe plays his HI and votes for Alan who becomes the only eligible vote getter and duck-walks the plank. This isn't news anymore, but rubbing it in when someone is hoist on his own petard is always fun. Besides, Alan had to go, he just didn't understand that his make believe way of playing Survivor didn't work in the real world.

Sandworm Survivor Spoiler #2: A bamboo stick in the fire pops and puts Ben into a PTSD episode. When it was over there were body parts and blood splashed all over the camp causing a minor hiccup in production. But, as they have learned to do in the past, they quickly put together some CGI animations to take on the roles of the deceased contestants. The producers are actually happy when this happens, it makes it easier to control the survivors and have them adhere to the scripts they write for the show.

Sandworm Survivor Spoiler #3: Ashley outs Joe as crazy but really smart, thus outing herself as having no idea of what really smart is.

Sandworm Survivor Spoiler #4: Seen in the near distance, Desi bathing nude. We only mention this here to encourage this very healthy cleansing activity. Vitamin D and all that. Go Desi go. And maybe you and Ali could wash each other's back? Again this only mentioned as a health tip, it is definitely unhealthy to have a dirty back in the jungle, and anyone who thinks that this is puerile can sit on an egg.

Sandworm Survivor Spoiler #5: The open pit latrines around the camps haven been ripening in odor for a while. And the lack of proper wiping material has led to multiple cases of "Chapped Flaps". Hygiene has hit a new high in lack thereof.

Sandworm Survivor Spoiler #6: Cole sneaks extra helpings of the tribe's reward. And with no silver settings, he has to rely on his fingers to deliver food scrapings from container to mouth. (Reference "Sandworm Survivor Spoiler #5: ". Take a moment to swallow what just came up in the back of your throat).

Sandworm Survivor Spoiler #7: Desi wins Miss Challenge Threat of the Universe (formerly a Trump property).

Sandworm Survivor Spoiler #8: Sadly, Roark's first TC is her last. The thing she accused Chrissy of, not ever having a convo with her until just before TC, was precisely what became her downfall, that she herself didn't have enough interpersonal convos with the others on her tribe. The are no mirrors in Survivor.

Nasty McBathrooms
If it's yellow, it's mellow. If it's brown, flush it down. Also flush it if it's swimming.

"RE: " The Sand Women Cometh"
Posted by michel2 on 10-28-17 at 01:49 PM
It seems that your FFFSBFPMJSS R and D department isn't a vey useful source of Survivor spoilers because those are all old news. I did like your reference to Dune which I enjoyed in my youth (the books not the horrible movie filmed from them) So I'll give you spoilers of my own but first let's look back at your Sandworm Survivor Old News:

1- Alan's way of playing wouldn't have been so bad if he had been in an actual game instead of this multi-twist novelty act that Survivor has become.

2- Brett in Samoa was the first CGI character and we're seeing more and more of them. It does help with production's script when many stories are simply ignored.

3- "Great wits are sure to madness near allied, and thin partitions do their bounds divide"

4- There is more to wash than only backs. Desi and Ali should really go for it all...

5- I'll leave that one alone.

6- Shii Ann and Tyrone could teach Cole a thing or two about the importance of good table manners.

7- Sadly? Seeing Ms. Smarty Pants getting outwitted was the best play of the season.

So now for my spoilers*:

1- Cole will not be medevaced. There is nothing going on in those islands (Does anyone remember where they are filming this time? I swear, besides Cambodia, the last 10 seasons could have been filmed in Burnett's backyard for all the local flavor we've been shown) so anything remotely different had to be shown in order to present any kind of preview. Cole has a doctor and a nurse right there in camp with him so he'll make a "miraculous" recovery.

2- Desi and Ali will NOT get together to our mutual disappointment. The challenges will involve running around, big balls, ropes and poles but unfortunatley no female wrestling. We haven't had one of those since Parvati broke Stephenie. The good old days...

3- Lauren will continue gaining weight.

4- Jessica will turn to Dr. Mike for her new shwomance.

5- Ryan will make Ali cry. No one is surprised that he never had a relationship seeing how he chose to stay with mom instead of going with the hot girl next door.

6- Devon and Ashley are going to work on Desi to get her in a FFM threesome on the beach. Joe better look for another idol.

8- A new secret "badvantage" will come into play after the reward challenge.

7- The merger will be coming soon so a guy like JP can easily be dispatched.

*Disclaimer: Those aren't based on any insider info, just going by my experience with this formulaic TV show.

"RE: " The Sand Women Cometh"
Posted by kingfish on 10-28-17 at 07:10 PM
Reply to the preamble: Eh, they will be severely punished. They have been bad, so bad, and will have to atone.

And thanks. I liked Dune also, and I started to go deeper into the analogy using the women as the Bene Gesserit and something as Melange (hadn't quite figured that part out yet), but it got too involved so I abandoned it. However, in the "Children of the Sand Women" sequel we pick up with Jeffy Astrides' twins...

Reply to the Reply #1; Point taken.

Reply to the Reply #2; They could have at least inserted Wonder Woman.

Reply to the Reply #3; I think that was a compliment.

Reply to the Reply #4; Another good point, if more direct.

Reply to the Reply #5; Well, the rarely used twist on a negative ("Hygiene has hit a new high in lack thereof") was worth a mention, as well as it being a Donne worthy worded quote. One may not consider latrine odors something that he would cobble up a quote or a translation for, but in his day, everyone probably did have some kind of comments along those lines. The flush toilet wasn't so widely used then.

Reply to the Reply #6; Each to his or her own. Me, I'd go with a FFF nude mutual washing bath party, with Ali as the center, with Devon on shark patrol and Cole as shark bait.

Reply to the Reply #7; You do realize that they more you mention names of those who have gone before, the more you risk giving the producer's "Veterans vs. Newbies" type of silly ideas

Reply to the Reply #8; Fixing the punctuation for you;

"7- Sadly? Seeing Ms. Smarty Pants getting outwitted was the best play of the season."

should be

"7- Sadly, seeing Ms. Smarty Pants getting outwitted was the best play of the season."

You're welcome.

Reply to the Smarty Pants Spoiler #1; Fiji. Once in a while it's alright to answer sarcasm with a straight line. And who knows, considering his lack of hygiene, even by Survivor standards, he could have a mortal case of the fainting Tourista Trots. One can only hope.

Reply to the Smarty Pants Spoiler #2; Maybe they will at least offer chocolate.

Reply to the Smarty Pants Spoiler #3; Keep it up, keep it up, these are public boards, and Canada isn't that far away. I don't think you'd fare well in one of her sleep holds. And she's practiced with that fish fileting knife all fishermen and women carry with them at all times. So, keep it up, keep it up.

Reply to the Smarty Pants Spoiler #4; You've done the math here. She's a shallow air head and walks around in a bikini, he's a wealthy doctor, and his wife isn't around...

Reply to the Smarty Pants Spoiler #5; Did not see that coming. Actually, I do not see that coming. My experience with women like Ali is that they make US cry.

Reply to the Smarty Pants Spoiler #6; Again, my preference would be to leave Devon on shark patrol.

Reply to the Smarty Pants Spoiler #8; I enjoyed that Badvantage. That was a real blindside, and it was fun watching the expressions go across Devon's face as he connected the dots.

Reply to the Smarty Pants Spoiler #7; Yep. He's too good of an athlete, too much a gentleman, too perceptive, and too bland to survive.

Reply to the *Disclaimer; We all know your experience is with inventing attributes, making up conspiracies, and dissing fat women.

Nasty McBathrooms

"Some more Spice"
Posted by michel2 on 10-29-17 at 11:33 AM
- I wanted to point out that Ashley's comment about Joe wasn't dumb.

- In a FFF threesome, I feel unnecessary but in a FFM threesome, I could be subbing in!

- Another Fans vs Favorites abomination must already be on their mind.

- As long as you're not sad to see Ms Smarty Pants leaving the game. She was one of those boring CGI characters.

- Ah! yes...Fiji. I'm sure we won't be seeing anyone doing the meke this time. There were many more laughs in the original Fiji.

- I don't think fainting is a symptom of Tourista.

- It's not the amount of fat that bothers me most about Lauren, it's the fact that she is extremely boring. Can you imagine the laughs we would have had observing the dopey redhead trying to navigate the swap?

- I think Jessica is much better with the math than you give her credit. At least watching her figuring the game is fun to watch.

- I do not make up conspiracies; I point out inconsistancies, improbabilities and influences and ask questions about Survivor's integrity.

- I have nothing against (or for) fat women. I have an aversion to boring characters.

I hope this clears things up. How about giving your rankings in the other thread?

"RE: Some more Spice"
Posted by kingfish on 10-29-17 at 02:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-17 AT 02:47 PM (EST)

- I stand by my comment that Ashley thinking Joe is smart is really dumb.

- But of course.

- Unfortunately so.

- OK.

- How many Fijis have there been?

- Squeezing your buttcheeks until you faint is a definite symptom.

- You can't deny that you did make a big thing about her blubberyness.

- Jess trusting Cole to keep a secret once is a learning experience, trusting him twice is bad math.

- As a reactor to your posts, I think making up conspiracies is your main jam.

- Was awaiting he who's name cannot be said (mainly because he is always going on and on about it - enough already!) so as to skewer you both with one riposte (you Quebecers know French, right?)

Posted by michel2 on 10-29-17 at 03:31 PM
- How many Fijis have there been?

This is the 4th, 3rd in a row. There are many places that haven't been done and others that would be fun to see for a second time.

- Squeezing your buttcheeks until you faint is a definite symptom.

Lol! Can't argue with that!

- "You can't deny that you did make a big thing about her blubberyness.

Because there's not much else to say about the "big thing".

- "Jess trusting Cole to keep a secret once is a learning experience, trusting him twice is bad math"

She only trusted him with one secret. The other was Cole's to do with whatever he wanted.

- As a reactor to your posts, I think making up conspiracies is your main jam"

I love jam! I wouldn't be so suspicious if they weren't so secretive.

- Was awaiting...to skewer you both with one riposte (you Quebecers know French, right?)"

I am French. You often have a "bon mot" for the discussion but I usually have the right "parade".

Posted by kingfish on 10-29-17 at 06:58 PM
limiting comments to two,

1. You initially criticized Lauren's fat body, claiming that she, who spent her life as a fisherperson, was fat, ignoring her impressive biceps. You focused on her roll, ignoring a core that had to be impressive to do what she had done. I've been shrimping and crabbing (helping a friend, not full time) and it takes both strength and endurance to do it for a living.

Then you retreat to say that you only bash her because her commenting on her fatness is all there is to say about her. Ok, it's Bashers, but you could keep your story straight.

Now you say that she's boring when she actually has had one of the more persuasive TC speeches we've heard in a while. Putting aside whether or not she actually persuaded anyone (agree to disagree), it was a decent non-boring speech.

Now you say that there isn't much to say about her but her bigness. In reality, you have actually said a lot about someone about whom there isn't much to say about.

She doesn't have social skills. She is an outsider, and not one of the pretty people. So unless she unearths heretofore undiscovered skills and soon, she'll be booted.

2. Indeed, that was Cole's secret, but he told her that in confidence, and she expected him to keep it between them. If you missed the confessional where she said as much and expressed her disappointment with him, it's available on the Survivor site. That should have proven to her both how he was willing to use a secret with no regard to how it affected her game, and how loose he would be with a secret she would tell him.

Thanks for the bon mot remark. And you may have the right "parade" since it's a totally subjective judgement.

And where the hell is Aruba? it really is more fun to put "Z"s on both your chests with my epee (That's french for long pointy knife).

Posted by michel2 on 10-29-17 at 10:51 PM
It is Bashers and you keep defending the "Big Thing" so I keep bashing! Also, there is a contradiction in writing first: "one of the more persuasive TC speeches" and then: "Putting aside whether or not she actually persuaded anyone". For me, she didn't persuade anyone so what's left? A lot of hot air.

No, I caught Jessica's confessional but I don't blame her for trying to solidify an alliance. It's just that Cole is dumber than one can imagine.

Aruba had to go out of town this week but he promised he'll be back.

And, in French, the long pointy knife is spelled épée.
(I'm not blaming you; the "accent aigu" is hard to find on an English keyboard!)

Posted by kingfish on 10-30-17 at 12:45 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-17 AT 12:49 PM (EST)

Bashing is fun. As is bashing the basher. And, to be fair, as is bashing the basher of the basher. I think Aruba also needs a bashing in for his absence. I got dibs on his Harley.

And one can have a persuasive TC speech without the knowledge of whether or not it actually persuaded anyone. Nothing contradictory about that, it's just recognizing the potential effect of the speech even if one doesn't have proof positive of the effect.

Potential energy is unrealized energy, but it's still a quantifiable form of energy. The cat is both alive and dead until the box is opened, as is soon to be the handler who supplied the radioactive material.

In this case, we disagree as to who is persuaded (I think it's possible that some were because we were not privy to off camera interactions or the thoughts of the survivors, and you do not, even though (repeating) we were not privy to off camera interactions or the thoughts of the survivors, and even though that should give you some pause for thought, you are adamant that you know what those thoughts were) and judge the speech on how potentially persuasive it was. You've gone beyond Occam's razor reasoning of likelihood to full on denial of possibility.

How's that for a bash of a basher?

Thanks for the correction, I actually looked for the correct form for a cut and paste, but did not locate one in my brief search. I gave up too easily. So thanks. Touché.

So, like, he doesn't have a portable device? Is he hunting seals on the Canadian ice shelf? I think it's potentially possible he's just using an "out of town" trip as an excuse to avoid a good rogering. Well, we don't really need Aruba. We can have fun and bash him in his absence.

Posted by michel2 on 10-30-17 at 08:09 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-17 AT 08:42 PM (EST)

Ok, suppose the "Big Thing" convinced them to save her at the last minute, we're still left with the fact that all she had to do was convince them to boot PAT!. She would never have been able to turn the vote against Devon or Ali and not even Ryan. Pat's ineptness did all the convincing needed.

And we aren't talking about what the "Big Thing"'s knowledge of the quality of her speech but how WE feel about it. I do not believe she changed a single vote so, for me, she didn't have a persuasive speech.

I think Aruba is still living in the nineties and doesn't have anything besides home internet!

Posted by kingfish on 10-31-17 at 01:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-01-17 AT 11:56 AM (EST)

I thought it was one of the best arguments we've ever heard at a TC, with the qualification that admittedly (so don't go reciting history - I yield) I don't actually remember most of the past TC speeches. In any case it was an articulate and on point, thus persuasive. And again, without opening the box (i.e. knowing actual facts), the cat is both alive and dead.

We have a lot of ammo to use against Aruba when he returns from the northern provinces, or whatever deep dark jungle he left us for. Iowa? Brooklyn?

Posted by Aruba on 11-01-17 at 06:18 PM
Got back late Monday. Was actually near Kingfish’s neck of the woods—Jacksonville, FL. Hope to squeeze in last week’s episode before 8:00 tonight; if not, no biggie. So, unfortunately am unable to contribute my Ep. 5 insights/bashing based on actual viewing. Seems like both of you were well involved without me.

Briefly skimmed over the posts and it appears no “foul-crying” from Michel this week. Either the Aruba Commission has been making some headway, or a byproduct of being happy/satisfied with last week’s results. We’ll confirm one or the other later this week.

And for the record...Aruba does NOT own any technological toys. My home PC desktop is my only window into the internet world. Believe it or not, I’m probably the last remaining “Dinosaur” who does not even own a cell phone. Yep, just let me live off the fat of the land, and I’m happier than a pig in mud.

Catch both of you later this week after tonight’s episode!

Posted by kingfish on 11-01-17 at 06:51 PM
Relocated, in Louisiana now.

Posted by Aruba on 11-01-17 at 06:53 PM
Closer to your neck than mine...or Michel's