URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 4551
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"

Posted by Sneezles on 12-12-03 at 02:01 PM
CBS called the Outback where Jon's family was supposed to be having there watch party and cancelled it. I just talked to the Outback and was told that everyone there in Danville knew Jon already and basically thought he was a big, fat jerk (her words, not mine) and that no one was going to show up to root for him...the only ones that were going to show were those to boo him.

How funny is that?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: CBS Cancelled Watch Party for Jon"
Posted by KObrien_fan on 12-12-03 at 02:04 PM
That is hysterical, but that also means John doesn't make F3, cause I doubt they would cancel otherwise.

Wonder if his dead grannie woulda showed? (Oh wait, Grannie Lill is F2, thats the big lie, that she is related to John)

Posted by Blow by Blow on 12-12-03 at 02:05 PM
CBS cancelled the party? Or cancelled coverage?

Posted by Sneezles on 12-12-03 at 02:15 PM
From what I could tell, CBS called yesterday and cancelled coverage. The chick from the Outback said that no one was going to show up and there wasn't enough interest in the town to even come. CBS cancelled coverage, so the Outback subsequently cancelled the party. (I heard this from sucks and verified it.) Evidently, the Outback has also asked him (Jon) not to darken their door again.

Posted by katethegreat on 12-12-03 at 02:17 PM
Hilarious! Thanks for the info. Now I can hope that he goes next. But I thought spoilers had a man as number three??

Posted by Blow by Blow on 12-12-03 at 02:23 PM
But I thought spoilers had a man as number three??

That would be Sandra or Lill.
-P

Posted by ElroyJetson on 12-12-03 at 02:21 PM
They should hold it in Thunder D's basement/wrasslin ring.

Posted by Flowerpower on 12-12-03 at 02:42 PM
Just want to get this straight....Maybe due to lack of interest in cheering for Jon, the numbers were not there, therefore leading CBS to bag that location.....what good would filming no one cheering him on do? Or, was it cancelled prior to CBS knowing that no one would cheer him on?

Tell them to come to my location....I'd love to see the deviant win the whole thing!

Posted by IreneMcGee on 12-12-03 at 02:46 PM
this doesn't surprise me

he doesn't seem like he holds anyone from home in his heart, and the hugging for his one friend that came to the Pearl Islands was an act for the dead grandmother ploy

that's pretty sad

Posted by Mokele Membe on 12-12-03 at 09:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-03 AT 09:22 PM (EST)

Quote:

"...the hugging for his one friend that came to the Pearl Islands was an act for the dead grandmother ploy"

I kind of got the impression from the intensity that they hugged, that his "friend" is actually his life partner!

(not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Posted by IreneMcGee on 12-13-03 at 00:00 AM
hahaha
well, I know gay guys who are more chauvanistic than straight guys
so, it's hard to read him

>LAST EDITED ON 12-12-03
>AT 09:22 PM (EST)

>
>Quote:
>
>"...the hugging for his one friend
>that came to the Pearl
>Islands was an act for
>the dead grandmother ploy"
>
>I kind of got the impression
>from the intensity that they
>hugged, that his "friend" is
>actually his life partner!
>
>(not that there's anything wrong with
>that...)

Posted by Bebo on 12-12-03 at 03:11 PM
what good would filming no one cheering him on do?

I, for one, would have been laughing my ass off during the reunion show. Picture this:

Jiffy: Let's go to Cincinnati, where Lil's supporters are gathered to party for her!

(cut to room full of loud, cheering people)

Jiffy: And here's Darrah's hometown of Liberty!

(cut to room full of loud, cheering people)

Jiffy: And let's not forget Jon's cheering section in Danville!

(cut to empty room)

Hee hee hee.

I know...back to Bashers.

I am the embodiement of snarky, sarcastic and smart.

Posted by nailbone on 12-12-03 at 03:35 PM

>
>Jiffy: And let's not forget
>Jon's cheering section in Danville!
>
>
>(cut to empty room)
>
You forgot to cue the crickets.

New sigpic courtesy of the lovely and talented JSlice/Thanks, Woe, for the lights!
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian
and OT Studmuffin of the Year '03
o-

Posted by Loquatrix on 12-12-03 at 03:24 PM
Hmm, this smells kind of fishy to me. I know Jon has been shown in a bad light, but I can't be the only one in the country that is dying for either him or Sandra to win. I would be totally happy and satisfied with a Jon win; he has played a tremendous game and has given us hours of love-to-hate-him entertainment.

Additionally, people love to be on TV for whatever reason. They don't need to love Jon to show up and try to get their mugs on camera.

This smells more like CBS damage control, to me.

Posted by okaloosajohn on 12-12-03 at 03:26 PM
Damage control? What kind of damage?

Posted by pdragonfly on 12-12-03 at 03:38 PM
See now I picture there being this wire cage where the TV is and people throwing beer bottles and/or each other at the screen.

I got that pic in my head from some movie I saw where someone was singing (country) behind this wire mesh while all this brawling was going on.

Isn't that Jon's sort of crowd?

I think people would come, but the town doesn't want the type of Jon fans to be seen on National TV tearing up the place and hardly watching the show.

Man, I gotta get out more. Are bars like that anyway? LOL

Posted by mistofleas on 12-12-03 at 03:40 PM
I got that pic in my head from some movie I saw where someone was singing (country) behind this wire mesh while all this brawling was going on.

The Blues Brothers...great movie that!

--fan of Akaroyd & Belushi since the beginning of SNL

Posted by wandacal on 12-12-03 at 10:39 PM
Also "Road House".

Posted by Sneezles on 12-12-03 at 03:43 PM
Jon doesn't make F3?

"Cancellation..."
Posted by Goooey_Alley on 12-12-03 at 07:45 PM
of coverage doesn't mean Jon can't be in F3 (but I do hope he really doesn't make in F3). Amazon's Butch only made it in the 4th place but CBS made a shot in his hometown.

Maybe it's just to avoid showing bad reception of his hometown regarding his gameplay.

"RE: Cancellation..."
Posted by BrassFan on 12-12-03 at 09:38 PM
I, personally, don't see how Jon making or not making the F3 could cause the cancellation.

CBS has known for a few months who the f3 (and f2) are.....Why would they wait til now to cancel? If anything, they wouldn't cancel simply because it would show that he didn't make f3. They'd send the camera crew (or, more likely the local affiliate would send the crew), and they'd beam it to L.A. anyway....

The more likely scenario, to me, is that Outback received either lots of negative responses, or *NO* responses, so they decided to cancel the party....therefore, CBS had no party to cover.

Besides, having no one there, or a packed house booing Jon would play right into his "I want to be the most hated player in Survivor history" angle...

Posted by volsfan on 12-12-03 at 03:49 PM
After last night...I am pulling for Sandra! I loved the way she played last night! I wouldn't mind seeing Jon win because as you say he has played every angle and I like that. So, no...you are not alone

Posted by dendanash on 12-12-03 at 03:55 PM
Maybe Jon has gotten the Outback to lie for him to keep the Johnny Rotten image going. I just can't believe that CBS would not cover this even if it meant booing him. He has been the bad guy so why not boo him and why not show it on TV. We have been seeing it on TV for the past few weeks. IMO, I say bring on every boo for Johnny Rotten.

Posted by Rothschild on 12-12-03 at 04:00 PM
It would be fun to see Jon win; I have a feeling
Burton and Jon have a few tricks left .. The word "broadside" was used over and over last night. The only broadside left is Darrah ...

Posted by Sneezles on 12-12-03 at 04:02 PM
I don't know...I have a pretty broadside...(otherwise known as my a**)

Posted by mistofleas on 12-12-03 at 04:12 PM
The word "broadside" was used over and over last night. The only broadside left is Darrah ...

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, but the word they were using last night was "blindsided".

As in getting hit on the "blindside" while in your car.

Posted by volsfan on 12-12-03 at 04:57 PM
I don't like to be blindsided or broadsided! Either one is rather scary!

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 12-12-03 at 05:00 PM
>everyone there in Danville knew Jon
>already and basically thought he was a
>big, fat jerk (her words, not mine)

I agree he's an jerk... but damn, that must be one svelte town if Jon passes for "fat." Not to mention "big."

Posted by mistofleas on 12-12-03 at 05:21 PM
Not to mention "big."

What do you want to bet that "six inches too short" comment is going to following him for the rest of his days?

I hope, I hope, I hope!

--hopes a little more

Posted by atherella on 12-12-03 at 10:01 PM
It does seem rather odd that in the area Jon is from that they can't scrounge up enouge scum to show live for 10 seconds. I mean, there are camera hogs everywhere who would do anything to be in the spotlight, even if it is for "Jonny Fairplay". The whole thing just seems off somehow. Maybe this is just a story Jon planted...it doesn't feel right.

Posted by wandacal on 12-12-03 at 10:56 PM
One thing we have to remember here is that Jon may hail fron Danbury but lives in LA. Who knows how long it's been since he's been home. At first, the townsfolk were most likely thrilled that one of their own is on Survivor. However, as the show unfolds they find out that lil Johnny ain't sweet no more. (Without admitting that they really didn't know him all that well growing up anyway) Shock and dismay turn to sheer embarassment and humiliation so the party they were planning from the very beginning is starting to look doubtful with the final nail in the coffin being "The Grandma Incident" (Sounds like one of those books that was on the "required summer reading" list back in High school.)Since no one ever really knew him anyway (even Thunder Dan admits to only knowing him for 4 years) their only impression of him is what we have... "What a big, fat, stupid jerk!" "We don't want to show support for this guy. He doesn't represent us. " etc.
Obviously, all this is IMHO, being quite the lowly DAW. Just wanted to join in the fun!

Posted by frisky on 12-12-03 at 11:44 PM
I agree with you. Something smells funny.

The first thing that raised an eyebrow for me was the response of the person that answered the phone at the Outback. I'm not sure management would like the hostess spitting venom like this to a stranger over the phone as a representative of the Outback. It sounds like she was *trying* to give out TMI.

Also, the fact that Jon isn't allowed back to the Outback is just a weird thing to say.

I'll betcha this is just another one of Jon's BL's.

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 12-13-03 at 10:56 AM
I agree! We have learned not to trust or believe anything coming from that camp! If Jon could have arranged the "Big Lie" in advance, he could well have created other pre-show deceptions.

Scarlett

Posted by Magic Fingers on 12-13-03 at 09:41 PM
I am thinking that maybe the party was changed to a different location and CBS called to cancel it at the Outback. Oh the possibilities of other locations!! Like someone else said, Grandma's house!

Posted by johndoe on 12-13-03 at 08:07 AM
The key quote is-

"CBS called the Outback where Jon's family was supposed to be having there watch party"

Now come on, surely his family would show. Agreed, something is fishy.

Posted by tommiettop on 12-13-03 at 10:47 AM
>Now come on, surely his family
>would show.

Hmmm Maybe after he killed off Granny the family decided not to show. A funeral to go to?? (Where's Darrah when we need her?)

Maybe his family doesn't like him that much either. Or are just way too embarrassed too show.

Maybe the family is just as obnoxious as Jon so Outback said "No Way are these rowdy rasslers gonna break up our place."

Maybe they'd ALL rather be somewhere where only 17-yr old girls go to. Maybe they're all hanging out at Hooters

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 12-13-03 at 11:33 AM
LOL Tommy T!! <Where's Darrah when you need her?>

In my opinion, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Scarlett

Posted by greg2557 on 12-13-03 at 09:13 PM
They must have moved the party to Grandma's house.

Posted by volsfan on 12-13-03 at 09:17 PM
I must say that made me LOL!

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 12-14-03 at 10:54 AM
Okay- now we know that there is a CBS Party in Darrah and Lil's Hometown, but not in Jon's. Any word on Sandras?

Tawk amongst ya-selves!

Scarlett