URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 453
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"instant messages"

Posted by krismiss2us on 06-09-12 at 05:57 PM
Is there a way on this site to do instant messaging or have private conversations?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: instant messages"
Posted by Snidget on 06-09-12 at 06:41 PM
Private Messages, yes.

There is a series of Icons on the upper right corner of each post.

One leads to the place you can send a private message to someone.

I will send you one. On the main page listing all the forums you should see a red wavy flag thing.

Posted by krismiss2us on 06-09-12 at 11:03 PM
i knew about that...i meant more along the lines of what FB has...instant msging where you can add people to conversations...or a chat room of sorts, rather than having to send messages and constantly check your inbox

Posted by Starshine on 06-10-12 at 00:56 AM
There used to be a Live Chat area, however I don't think people have used it for a long time. After that there were post show discussions on another site, but again I haven't heard of any of those for quite a while.

I don't know how you check the site, I use the "Read New" and "Mark All" buttons which means that after each Mark All I have a Red Wavy Flag Thing on the top left of my screen if I have a new message, which means that I don't have to constantly check my Inbox. However I do know that a lot of the peeps around here check in other ways.

Hmmmm... I see you on FB, maybe we could run discussions on there? (which would exclude Pepe and Estee)

Posted by Snidget on 06-10-12 at 06:33 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-10-12 AT 06:35 AM (EST)

I think the chat room broke, we had been using a free chat room on another site.

There are facebook like chat functions you can add to some newer message board software that pop up at the bottom while you are on the board. I don't know if you can add them on to the older software that runs this site and if/when there is any budget or plans to upgrade.

I just use the red wavy alert to let me know when and if I need to check the inbox.

Posted by jbug on 06-11-12 at 08:55 AM
not here but....

myinfochat.com

Of course, like I said before, the persons you want to chat with all have to be on there at the same time.
and, there is no way to keep some random pervert poster from joining in your chat; or anyone else for that matter.

Posted by agman on 06-12-12 at 11:25 AM
Who are you calling a random, pervert poster?

Posted by Max Headroom on 06-12-12 at 02:01 PM
You never know when a joker might stop by.

Posted by agman on 06-12-12 at 11:24 AM
Not for Rednecks!!!!! :d bwahahahahahahahah