URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID57
Thread Number: 4525
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Cassie last saw son at age 3?????"

Posted by dopeydwarf on 05-01-06 at 12:42 PM

When she was walking down the hall to meet her son, she said she had not seen him since he was 3. I thought she gave him up at birth. Did she give him up as a toddler?

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Cassie last saw son at age 3?????"
Posted by JustBNMe on 05-01-06 at 12:52 PM
I wondered why her story kept changing too. Maybe the truth is that she stalked the family and caught a glimpse of him at age 3 and had not seen him since. When she showed Rhonda the adoption stuff/birth certificate it said adoptive parents present so she had to have given him up at birth. I also wonder about her saying she had never touched him or hugged him. If it was such a nicely planned adoption as she claimed (although it went off course) I can't imagine the adoptive parents not letting her at least touch him or hug him when he was born. Granted Cassie says it was to be an open adoption but who knows what the truth is with her?! He versions fo things change frequently

Posted by TexasSOfan on 05-01-06 at 12:56 PM
According to Cassie, she gave him up at birth but it was an open adoption. Which just basically means that the birth mother knows who the adoptive parents are, and usually the adoptive parents let the birth mother visit. But Cassie kept showing up wasted so the adoptive parents stopped her visits. I don't blame them. I would've kept Cassie far away until she cleaned her act up.

Posted by Baxtera on 05-01-06 at 01:01 PM
I've often wondered with the drug and achol damage if Cassie is lying or truly has confused reality and fantasy so much that she doesn't know truth from the fiction she's created in her head. The stories have changed so often and frequently that it's hard to know truth from fiction. It sounded like she did have some contact but do to her continued drug/achol use and erratic behavior that the contact was discontinued to protect the child from Cassie at what age, who knows. I'm not sure Cassie even really knows based on her inability to keep track of how long she's actually been sobor.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 05-01-06 at 01:31 PM
>I've often wondered with the drug
>and achol damage if Cassie
>is lying or truly has
>confused reality and fantasy so
>much that she doesn't know
>truth from the fiction she's
>created in her head.

Excellent point!!! It's so true. She may have been so bad with her own abuse, that she really doesn't know what the truth is. It's not an area that they explored but it should be.

Franky if she showed up wasted to see the kid or was in any way innappropriate to them or the child, then I am not surprised by them taking visits away from her.

Part of me often wondered if open adoption was even used then. I think Cassie might of been to stoned or stupid to even understand what it was.

Posted by tac_2 on 05-01-06 at 01:55 PM

>The stories have changed so
>often and frequently that it's
>hard to know truth from
>fiction.

I even question to what degree the alcohol and drugs she's claimed are her reasons for past failures play into the actual truth.
I think it's entirely possible Cassie has lied to protect the fact her failures are due more to bad character and laziness than anything else. But then, blaming substance abuse is far more dramatic and would get a person free help and sympathy a whole lot easier. Immoral character, however, ...I'm not even sure if there are 12-Step programs for cons like Cassie.

Posted by Zoey on 05-01-06 at 03:24 PM
Maybe you're seeing a truth that I am missing.

Cassie has a past, we know that. Yet, to my recollection, she hasn't really shared any dark stories of her self-destructive habits, making her look more innocent than reality would allow us to see.

However, I am dismayed to see her reffered to as someone having a bad charachter, being lazy or a con.

You're certainly entitled to think that, although, it begins to make me question why I see her in a different light (does she have me snowed?).

I see her as a generally good hearted person (not bad charachter). I think she's worked hard to straighten her life up, at least by supposedly sobering up and working to find her son (not lazy).

Then again, as much as we've seen of Cassie, I think a lot of her story is missing. Even though I dislike Cassie (mostly for very shallow reasons, she just annoys me) I still tend to look at her story through rose colored glasses. There's alot I'm missing, I suppose, maybe because SO hasn't showed it or maybe I just didn't look at it realistically.

Posted by dopeydwarf on 05-01-06 at 01:06 PM

Texas, That explains ALOT!
Thanks!!!!!
Now I understand about the "Death of the birth mother"_
I used to think the adoptive mom was a B, but if what you say is true, while she didn't say the right thing to Dustin about his Birth mom, it makes more sense as to why she said it, and why she acted the way she did. __________________________________________________________________________

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

Posted by Baxtera on 05-01-06 at 02:58 PM
It's really hard to know what was said to Dustin, when and in what context about Cassie. She often seems confused as she tells the stories and they really are fluid about the length of her sobriety so it's hard to know how often she attempted to contact the parents when she was high/drunk and what impact it was having on their family and Dustin. SO likes to give us the Cassie angel picture but I can't imagine how scary it must have been to get calls from a drunk/stoned Cassie and not know whether she wanted more money, a place to stay, what impact she would have on Dustin when he was having his own problems. If the couple was also having martial problems of their own having Cassie call couldn't have added ease to the marriage either.

Posted by sweet cheeks on 05-03-06 at 00:36 AM

It was my understanding that Cassie lived with those adoptive
parents awhile. And that she thought it would be a open adoption.
And yes she did give him up at the age of three.
She said she was not right for him at that time in her life.

Posted by JustBNMe on 05-03-06 at 05:30 AM
Cassie said she lived with the adoptive parents for the last few months of the pregnancy and gave him up when he was born. She never said she lived with them after Dustin was born. It was before because the adoptive parents wanted to make sure Cassie took care of herself before he was born. She said that again just the other day.

Posted by Baxtera on 05-03-06 at 08:04 AM
The adoption occured at birth and Cassie lived with them the last few months because they wanted to insure she stayed sobor as to keep the baby as safe as possible. Cassie has told conflicting stories about how long she was sobor during the pregnancy with her son that range from the last 3 months she lived with the couple to the length of the pregnancy so again who knows the whole truth.

There has never been a real explanation but it seems she did have some contanct with the adoptive parents up to age 3 at which point a break of some kind occured with the parents and Cassie. Cassie has always implied it was jealousy and hostility towards her from the birth mother I would say without knowing the birth mother and Cassie's own admitted shady sobriety pattern that at least part of it likely had to do with Cassie's inability to stay sobor and safe around Dustin and to be able to be appropriate and have bounderies with the adoptive parents that they were comfortable with.