URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID57
Thread Number: 4513
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Christie and the hammer????"

Posted by snowflake2 on 04-28-06 at 07:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-06 AT 04:57 PM (EST)

I could not make out what Christie was saying during the "love game" when she began sharing a story about her first boyfriend, whom she claims hit her a few times. She also said that she got physically violent in return. At one point, she started talking about someone being hit with a hammer, and then some comment about jail.

I rewound the tape three times, and due to Christie's nasally mumbling, I still don't know exactly what she said about the hammer. Did she say he hit her with a hammer, or she hit him with a hammer?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Christie and the hammer????"
Posted by Twinkles on 04-28-06 at 09:05 PM
sounded to me like he had been hitting her and pushing her around then she hit him with a hammer and ended up with mumble mumble jail. It sounded like she got in trouble for assaulting him but the relationship was full of it both ways and he started it.

Posted by Cleverone on 04-28-06 at 09:21 PM
That's my take on it. too.

"I walk in my own shoes..."

Posted by flashwife on 04-28-06 at 09:36 PM
I think maybe he hit Christie in the head. That would explain alot.

Posted by Juliejo on 04-28-06 at 09:44 PM
yep, it was domestic violence. He was hitting her.
Then she got a hammer and hit him and I didnt get if she Almost went to jail or did go to jail. She mumbles so it is hard to make out what she says.

Posted by kalalala on 04-28-06 at 11:24 PM
>yep, it was domestic violence.
>He was hitting her.
>Then she got a hammer and
>hit him and I didnt
>get if she Almost went
>to jail or did go
>to jail. She mumbles so
>it is hard to make
>out what she says.

juliejo - I hope you're saying the whole situation was domestic violence, not just him hitting her was domestic violence. I could very well not be reading your post correctly. Because Christie hitting him, with a hammer or not, is every bit as domestically violent as him hitting her.

Posted by sclark1930 on 04-29-06 at 07:36 AM
Then again it could be self defense

Posted by eire_heart74 on 04-29-06 at 09:58 AM
I think when you let a guy hit ya a bunch and then you go after him with a hammer, you have just sunk down to his level. You have learned by his example. How sad is that!

Posted by PanchoVilla on 04-29-06 at 11:10 AM
He probably told her she had a big butt. OH NO!!

Posted by EMTBGRL on 04-29-06 at 11:19 AM
Does anyone have this conversation recorded? I, too, could not understand anything other than something vaguely like:

Christie: Yeah, I get it too..mumble mumble hammer. hit with hammer. mumble some more. it was mumble mumble and then mumble went to jail. it was -- (I tuned out at this point.)

Whomever instigated whatever in this mumbled situation..it doesn't matter. It's plain ridiculous. Regardless of who hit whom, yes, it is domestic violence, and sad.

This story, as convoluted as it was, gave me more ammunition against FakerChristie the MumblingWannaBeLifeCoach.

Hey, Christie! *mumble* mumble *mumble* OK? See, look, she and I have BONDED! I speak her language now! ::squeal!::

To add: WHAT Television show in their right mind would keep a participant that CAN NOT ANNUNCIATE!

That's right, I said "annunciate." ;)

Posted by mirage3033 on 04-29-06 at 01:03 PM
who was she sitting next to, Jodie? i think that is who it was. When Cassie told that story Jodie reared back and looked at her with fear. lol

Posted by sharnina on 04-29-06 at 01:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-06 AT 06:59 PM (EST)

Okay, I'm not necessarily correcting you EMTBGRL 'cause you know I think you rock. But that word made me scratch my head. Sooo I looked it up and here's what I found;

annunciate - proclaim, or announce
enunciate - 1) proclaim, 2)proclaim, pronounce.

So either way Christie does need to learn how to perform the definitions of both words as in -
"Sit up and enunciate while you annunciate, girl."
ETA - "If you're gonna annouce it then you may as well pronounce it!" (Al Sharpton style - can I get an amen?)

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Posted by 26mitogo on 04-29-06 at 01:19 PM
EMTBGRL: >>"Hey, Christie! *mumble* mumble *mumble* OK? See, look, she and I have BONDED! I speak her language now! ::squeal!::"<<

Ooohhhh, you're good. You have a great knack for other languages huh? I see Life Coach in your future for sure!!

We have the show on DVR and played it back at least 4 times trying to understand what Christie said. It sounded like he'd pouned on her several times. She took to him with a hammer .... and from there it SOUNDED like SHE either went to jail or almost went to jail after the hammer incident.

Listening to these women's stories about their relationships with men .... sheez, they've got more problems than I imagined!

Posted by Twinkles on 04-29-06 at 06:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-06 AT 06:54 PM (EST)

I know, I remember hearing "I" and "jail" in what might have been the same sentence and a look that might have been shame or just Christie falling asleep mid-sentence. I guess I assumed she was mumbling and trailing off because she wasn't loudly proclaiming "He hit me with a hammer and I put his @ss in jail!!!!" So I assumed instead it was some embarassed ramble about the result of her shameful behavior in response to what he had done. I was making assumptions and connecting dots based on what the content was more than what I could hear.

In related news, I took a biology class years ago that showed a fascinating experiment done on a man with a unique brain injury. They can't do this on just anyone. He had hurt himself in a way that he had recovered physically, but the 2 halves of his brain remained separated from the result of an accident. Psychologists and neurologists have always thought that there might be something in the brain that drives people to find a logical connection between random ideas.

They made use of the right-brain, left-brain disconnect of this guy, covering one eye and having him draw some things. I recall one was they told him to use an orange marker, draw a bird. Then covering the other eye and asking him why he had drawn it. Because of his injury he didn't recall they had just told him to do it but he was certain it was the Baltimore Orioles mascot, that's why he had used orange, he had lived in Baltimore, etc.

They found the part of his brain that was activated when he was making up these logical associations for all the aspects of the picture.

Anyway, I always think of that guy when I put together my logical reasoning - like why I think Christie went to jail for the hammer incident. I picked out a few details and went to town for a logical association. That part of my brain just needed a workout. LOL

edited because i used a bad word

Posted by standinmytruth on 04-29-06 at 08:13 PM
>
>We have the show on DVR
>and played it back at
>least 4 times trying to
>understand what Christie said.

Snowflake played it back 3 times and you 4. Too, too bad you didn't have enough patience to listen for a 5th:

Christie: "Hey baby, do I look fat in this?"

Boyfriend: "No."

Cheistie: "Are you sure my butt doesn't look too big in these jeans?"

Boyfriend: "No babe. You look great."

Christie: "Great enough to be a model?"

Boyfriend: "Sure."

Christie: "Top Model?"

Boyfriend: "Huh?"

(Christie beats boyfriend to a pulp with a hammer and almost goes to jail)

Posted by onthebay on 04-30-06 at 07:23 AM
As I watched Christie divulge this domestic violence thing, (and I couldn't figure out who did what to who either . . .), my initial thought was that it's odd this subject hasn't come out before this point. Christie's been there how long? Going on two months? And this is the first time we've heard anything about her experiencing any kind of abuse? (and I doubt it was a one-shot kind of deal -- if someone threatens someone with a hammer, there's got to be a lot of history behind that!) There's more to this story than meets the eye, and it's curious that it hasn't surfaced until now.

Posted by EMTBGRL on 04-30-06 at 05:25 PM
There's
>more to this story than
>meets the eye, and it's
>curious that it hasn't surfaced
>until now.

Agreed! People don't usually start doing things like randomly swinging hammers at other people (unless it slipped, of course) but that was not the sense that I got from Christie's mumbled and convoluted story. The story/ incident also shows an even lower IQ than previously detected. Maybe Christie was hit in the head with a hammer? Would explain some of her other delusions..."I'm going to be a Top Model!" --for example.

If she was the one swinging the hammer? I just don't know...If it wasn't something she was proud of (possibly illegal) why would that be the "bonding with the girls" incident that you bring up on National TV? I don't get that, either.

Posted by forsythia on 04-30-06 at 09:13 PM
i guess i understand mumble 'cos i understood her the first time. after saying what a bad relationship it was & how he hit her, she said to jodie, "he's the one i hit with a hammer."
and then she said, "yeah i hit him with the hammer, i almost went to jail, it was a big ol' court deal."

my brother mumbles. maybe that's why i understood her.

Posted by Cinnamongirl30 on 04-30-06 at 10:19 PM
Why did she have to hit him with a hammer? She had a perfectly good weapon on her. One kick by that big ole leg of hers would have knocked him out for sure...or worse.

Posted by Twinkles on 04-30-06 at 10:48 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-06 AT 04:52 AM (EST)

"and then she said, "yeah i hit him with the hammer, i almost went to jail, it was a big ol' court deal."

wow, you're good.

Posted by 26mitogo on 05-01-06 at 09:17 AM
I nominate forsythia for the position of Official Mumble Translater (OMT for short). Good catch. That last comment ... "yeah i hit him with the hammer, i almost went to jail, it was a big ol' court deal." ... I could actually hear Christie's voice in my head as I read it. YIKES! That's definitly the verbiage she would use!

Posted by forsythia on 05-01-06 at 06:20 PM
tee hee hee! OMT!
...you're welcome, folks. i usually can understand her. i think it's not only cos of my brother - but i - gasp! - mumble too! i kinda talk like she does. oof.

i hope she doesn't drink and do drugs again when she leaves the house. no more getting hammered and or hammering for her!
(sorry...)

Posted by sharnina on 05-02-06 at 03:53 AM
Well, you couldn't pass that up now could you.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Posted by standinmytruth on 05-01-06 at 11:27 AM
>i guess i understand mumble 'cos
>i understood her the first
>time. after saying what a
>bad relationship it was &
>how he hit her, she
>said to jodie, "he's the
>one i hit with a
>hammer."
>and then she said, "yeah i
>hit him with the hammer,
>i almost went to jail,
>it was a big ol'
>court deal."
>
>my brother mumbles. maybe that's why
>i understood her.

I am so glad your brother mumbles. A gift to us

Posted by Milinda on 05-03-06 at 10:31 AM
Many ex-addicts have the movement and speech patterns of their using stages, particularly folks who have been addicted to cocaine. It is sometimes very difficult to decipher the words that they are trying to enunciate.

Christie is still holding herself and walking as if she has a plus size body as well. I believe that with time she will realize that her posture and speech needs improvement.

Hopefully, the life coaches and Dr. Stan will offer suggestions to regarding this to her. We will see what happens after her 5K event.

Posted by snowflake2 on 05-01-06 at 01:55 PM
standinmytruth wrote:
<< Christie: "Hey baby, do I look fat in this?"
Boyfriend: "No."
Cheistie: "Are you sure my butt doesn't look too big in these jeans?"
Boyfriend: "No babe. You look great."
Christie: "Great enough to be a model?"
Boyfriend: "Sure."
Christie: "Top Model?"
Boyfriend: "Huh?"
(Christie beats boyfriend to a pulp with a hammer and almost goes to jail)>>

And forsythia wrote: <<i guess i understand mumble 'cos i understood her the first time. after saying what a bad relationship it was & how he hit her, she said to jodie, "he's the one i hit with a hammer."
and then she said, "yeah i hit him with the hammer, i almost went to jail, it was a big ol' court deal.">>
------------------------------------------------------------

LOL, simt!

And forsythia, I don’t know how you managed, but thanks for translating the Christie-speak for us. My initial reaction was “Wow! I wonder why this is just coming up now, in such an off-the-cuff way.” But a while back, when Christie was making her decision to dump her latest boyfriend, Justin, if he could not also vow never to drink again to “support” her, I seem to recall her mentioning something about the partying sometimes getting out of hand, and the police having to be called. I wonder if Christie was under the influence during the hammer episode. Maybe she’s a violent drunk?

In my opinion, Christie has been allowed to kind of “pretty up” her own story. So much of her story focused on how disgusted Christie was by her mom’s alcohol/drug addiction, and the “terrible” things her mom did while under the influence, rather than Christie’s own embarrassing episodes.

Posted by standinmytruth on 05-01-06 at 02:11 PM
Yes, we don't actually hear that much about how Christie is when drunk. Also, I think it is odd that Christie NEVER talks about her Vicidin addiction and rehab experience.

Posted by BlingBlong on 06-07-06 at 11:26 AM
Wow! I totally missed this whole story. I noticed on her MySpace that she says she is divorced. Did anyone else remember her saying she was ever married? This hammer story is totally new to me. Was is just a mention on the show or did they go into detail? Who did she tell this to?

Posted by staceeturner on 06-07-06 at 12:34 PM
You know i'm not sure if I missed it too, it just seemed to have been said in a passing statement I think that they was talking about raging and violence and she mentioned the hammer however I do not remeber her talking in to much detail about her marriage?

Posted by petmama on 06-07-06 at 05:22 PM
Christie, according to a comment Rhonda said in the confessional, was still married when she let Justin move in with her. But, there's been time since this season's final episodes were taped for her to get a divorce. Christie was probably already out of the SOH before her arrival was aired.

Posted by BlingBlong on 06-07-06 at 05:58 PM
Are you saying she was married the whole time she was at the house? Holy cow...they hide things, don't they? So all those calls to her boyfriend and no real mention of her hubby. Talk about selective editing. And where'd she get money for a divorce too? They are not cheap. Something is being covered up here. Do you think she got a lot of money for being in Rhonda's book? There must be about ten years of her life they covered up.

Posted by Seabisquit on 06-07-06 at 06:34 PM
Perhaps Piss-T filed a malpractice suit against the doctor who botched up the surgery on her arm. Don't remember if she sued or not. Maybe she received a large sum of money. Does anyone remember if she mentioned suing? I missed some episodes, here and there, so it's possible this was discussed and I didn't see it.

Posted by Labyrinth on 06-09-06 at 09:11 AM
What's interesting is that LisaTwo's dysfunctional marriage to Tony became the CENTRAL theme of her time on SO... but yet Christina doesn't have to explore why she has a boyfriend AND a husband.