URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4497
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Alex is Gone - Now the Game will Be BOOORING!"

Posted by Vixxxen on 05-04-07 at 04:05 PM
Alex was my favorite and I won't be watching anymore because I just don't care who wins this. Alex provided the most intrigue in this game and now it's gone. If I was to pick someone to win it would be Cassandra cause she's my 2nd favorite.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Alex is Gone - Now the Game will Be BOOORING!"
Posted by jbug on 05-04-07 at 04:12 PM
Can I ask you a question? Well, I'll just make a comment then & maybe ask a question too.
I don't understand why any viewer will say that they will no longer watch after their fav gets voted off (or is last & is eliminated, or whatever).
Did you KNOW Alex before the first ep and that is why you watched? If not, what made you watch then - from the very beginning?

I see this statement on a lot of boards, & it just confuses me.
Not trying to start an argument, ok? Really just wondering why anyone would quit watching - the WHOLE show is what attracts me - not just one player.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

BTW, I enjoyed Alex's strategies and game play too. It did add interest!

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 05-04-07 at 04:20 PM
What happens with some people is they get tired of people winning Survivor that they do not like. In the end people become disappointed. I remember when Jenna Moresca won Amazon. I was fed up at that point. I was like never does the person I want to win win. But in time people I have liked have won. So for me it is ok. I bet this person was disappoint Ozzy did not beat Yul...but personally I liked Yul. I liked Tom Weston. There were others too. People just gotta keep in mind the person who wins isn't always the one you like or the one who you think should win. Emotions in a lot of cases throw things off not only in the mind of the viewers but even more so those playing the game. I liked Alex too and was disappointed he lost. But I move on.

Posted by XXL Survivor on 05-06-07 at 12:05 PM
Like Wacko Jacko, I too was dissappointed when Jenna M. won. Not only because I felt she did not deserve it, but also because I felt overly misled by the producers of the show. I realize and accept that the show is edited and some tribal council results are actually obvious but are made to seem more contested than they really are. That's fine. What I did not like in S6 was that I had no idea (even after the reunion show) why Kristi, Rob C., and Deena voted as they did. Didn't Kristi hate Jenna? How could Rob C. vote against Matt after Matt carried him as he did? There were probably reasons for this, but CBS/Probst never cleared it up. That was the closest I was with being so fed up with the show that I considered quiting, though the uncontested Ramber cakewalk in S8 and the boring S9 probably added even more to my frustration before S10 finally had a deserving winner in Tom Weston and S11 with Danni.

Posted by agman on 05-04-07 at 09:28 PM
>
>- the WHOLE show is
>what attracts me - not
>just one player.
>

>
I agree. Kind of like watching american Idol also. Your favorite person may not win, but your'e drawn to the drama of the show itself. That's why I watch the superbowl every year. Usually I don't care who wins, it's the event itself I like. I will say though, I was pretty pissed off last year in AI with the guy who won. Okay time to get off my soapbox. have a great weekend.....

may you be born during interesting tiimes--Chinese Proverb

"The Story is never boring."
Posted by michel on 05-06-07 at 04:43 PM
Survivor is a story and this season's story was never about Alex. The story is where the fun is.