URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 4495
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.9 "

Posted by Aruba on 04-15-16 at 05:56 AM
As a tribute to the three “WANKERS” who outlasted Debbie I dedicated a section just for them.

WANKER #1TAI – So we now know for sure he goofed at the last TC owning up to his mistake by letting the cat out of the bag with the Super Idol. Did he make a good save? I’ll say he did...given the fact about three or four females had to nearly be picked up off the ground when he announced he had one this TC. And he leaves TC with BOTH of them for a true Super Idol. He pretty much has a free pass as a saboteur because whatever he does will be blamed on the Brawn men. He could darn near burn the camp down and walk away “scot”-free...(pardon the pun.) Still among the minority three, but would be much lower on the food chain with the women.

WANKER #2SCOT – Several episodes ago when he pitched the prospect of being the wingman to Supersize the two idols, I honestly didn’t think it would be pulled off. Yet we approach Ep. 10 with the Super Idol very much a factor. His post Nick blindside reactions were beyond juvenile even though Scot/Tai appear to be the providers. I still don’t see the Brawn men in the Finals but they did buy themselves some extra time.

WANKER #3JASON – So how hard did you want to smack him the side of his head at TC?! If the girls were a little quicker on their toes when the power was revealed they still could have flushed it out, but now we have to watch Jason all cocky for another episode. What he calls “psychological warfare” I regard as poor sportsmanship and a disgruntled sore-loser. Well at least we know one juror who will not be voting in the true spirit of the game.

When the power of the idol was revealed and knowing Debbie and Joe were voting Scot all that was needed was ONE more vote for Scot and the idols would have been flushed. Even if they didn’t know for sure how Julia would vote any two of the three (Aubry, Michele, Cydney) and it would be a definite flush. There was ample whispering and conspiring allowed to make that happen. But what they do have in their favor is it‘ll be a snowball’s chance in hell Joe would ever go with the men, so it should be just a matter of time.

GOOD

JULIA – A F4 with the men could be just as good as a F3. Hypothetically, if the three men and Julia make the F4 there’s NO way anyone wants to be sitting next to Tai; so short of Tai winning the final IC Julia would be pretty much guaranteed a seat in the Finals with an excellent chance to beat the saboteurs. Otherwise she’s #5 at best...more realistically #6 with Debbie’s bitch (Joe) at #5. Solid effort in the IC. Even if she didn’t have the necklace, no way Debbie and her bitch would have voted Julia so her win essentially saved Cydney more than her.

AUBRY – Gets the credit for Debbie’s blindside. I still stand by my opinion she missed an opportunity to flush the idols this episode. Yes it would have been Cydney instead of Debbie, but without the Super Idol protection next week, the guys would be meat and then she’d be able to set her sights on Debbie. Fortunately Joe’s distain for the guys will allow her and the girls another opportunity. Despite the missed opportunity, I give her more props for being proactive.

JOE – May be the only time this season he achieves the “good” classification. It was quick thinking to not get caught up in taking sides at the RC and even more clever to choose the women’s team even though he probably believed the men + Julia were heavy favorites. He (and Debbie) needed only one more vote for Scot, and the Super Idol twist would have ended as quickly as it was activated.

BAD

CYDNEY – Chick needs to tone it down. As a former Brawn, she should know better than anyone in the game an in-your-face attitude toward Scot and/or Jason sent Alecia her walking papers. Had Julia not won the IC, that same brashness would have resulted in a similar fate for her this past episode.

BORING

MICHELE – Different episode; same old Michele. Different coattails; same old follower. Translation: BOOOOORING.

BOOTED

DEBBIE – I never gave her a solid realistic shot of making the Finals, but certainly didn’t think her departure would be this early. Like Aubry she also may not have trusted Julia “as far as she could throw her.” But with the throwing arm Debbie exhibited one might understand why she gave Julia more leeway than one with a pathetically weak arm. WOW...a little Michel Imagery TWO weeks in a row!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.9 "
Posted by Thaibeach on 04-15-16 at 12:34 PM
The Jocks&Tai (Dicks, more likely) were just such bitter, nasty babies. That's not strategy or psych warfare - it's being whiny & pissed off because you're not as smart as you thought you were. And shame on Tai for joining in. This isn't the kind of "strategy" that gets you votes, you morons.

They were so over-the-top n their assholery that I was really, REALLY, hoping one of the group that lost the Reward Challenge would run over and dump 5 gallons of water on the Dicks' Chinese food reward.

#disappointed

Posted by Aruba on 04-15-16 at 08:12 PM
Hey Thai,
Looks like we have different vacation spots, but any beach works for me. LOL

Although there's much more game to play, this is shaping up to be one of the more lame seasons/outcomes we've had in a while.

You're right about the whiny and sore-losing part. We've had seasons when most of the Juror was just that. At least the first three jury members this season seem like they'll vote in the spirit of the game. But if Jason is on the Jury he will most certainly be a Bitter Betty.

I was a little shocked to see Tai put out the fire, but I can't blame him for joining the guys. He wouldn't have a prayer advancing to the end game with the women...at least he's playing to win.

Had Jason acquired his HII in the same manner as Tai I wouldn't have a beef with the Super Idol twist, but he strong-armed it away from a scrawny girl. At any rate they probably bought themselves only one more episode.

Hope to see you post more.

Posted by michel2 on 04-16-16 at 09:17 PM
I'll post my list sometimes tomorrow but I wanted to point out that what you found despicable about the guys' sabotage was Russell's tactic in Samoa. Weren't the guys being just as proactive as Hantz?

PS. Didn't I tell you we'd see the super idol before season's end? The question now is will Tai keep it or return half to Jason. If Tai keeps it, imagine Jason's bitterness!

Posted by Aruba on 04-17-16 at 07:44 AM
>Weren't the guys being just
>as proactive as Hantz?

NO, the guys were being reactive...reacting as sore-losers after the Nick blindside.
Although I was not thrilled about Hantz dumping the canteens and burning the socks, his tactic was far more proactive. I've stated on numerous occasions (more than I can remember) on a personal level Hantz is a despicable person. But as a player he played and searched harder than anyone his season.

>PS. Didn't I tell you
>we'd see the super idol
>before season's end? The
>question now is will Tai
>keep it or return half
>to Jason. If
>Tai keeps it, imagine Jason's
>bitterness!

Yes, you get well-deserved kudos for that. I'm not completed shocked or surprised by it, just that it was Scot who strategized merging the two together.
I don't see it as a major issue whatever Tai may or may not do immediately when they get back to camp. So long as the generally agreement is made the Idol is now super regardless who is holding both of them. If Tai is holding both but then wins the next IC, I'm thinking he'll use the Super Idol if the others decide to split the vote between Jason/Scott.

Posted by michel2 on 04-17-16 at 03:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-16 AT 03:42 PM (EST)

So, if someone steals from you and you retaliate, your reaction would be bad but if you steal from them first it's OK?

Or put in sports terms: If my pitcher plunks your top hitter in the head and you retaliate by hitting my batter, that's bad. But if you injure my hitter first, it's OK?

Pardon my astonishment. A reprehensible act is reprehensible no matter the context. As a player, Hantz was despicable but since this is an evil game he got away with it until the jury made him pay. His actions cost him $900 000 and the humiliation of being seen as a LOSER! Survivor had never been more fair.

Posted by Aruba on 04-17-16 at 07:07 PM
Spin City yet again. And much like most of your spins, you put words in my mouth I never spoke.

I never said “it’s OK.” Had you taken the time to read every word I posted, I stated I was not happy with the sabotaging Hantz did.

You question was, and I quote, “Weren't the guys being just as proactive as Hantz?” My answer was NO and I justified my answer where one was “proactive” and the other was “reactive.” Your baseball beaning scenario is a pristine example that differentiates the two. So let’s put it in your “sports terms” so you may better understand this difference.

The rule in MLB is if a pitcher plunks an opposing batter the umpire issues a warning to BOTH benches. Should there be ANY retaliation the NEXT pitcher who attempts to bean a player is ejected from the game. The pitcher who proactively initiated the scenario remains in the game. Does MLB think it’s OK for the batter who gets hit first to suffer an injury? Of course not, the MLB rule “in sports terms” is to differentiate between proactive/initiating and reaction. Enough about that.

Not a single bitter betty juror in Samoa knew of the proactive sabotaging Hantz did, so “making him pay” for dumping the water and burning the socks is fan fiction on the viewers part.

Posted by michel2 on 04-17-16 at 08:30 PM
An ump can eject a pitcher immediately if he has reason to believe the beaning was intentional. Most will use the warning but it isn't mandatory.

And you're putting words in my mouth. I didn't say the jury made Hantz pay for being a saboteur but simply for being despicable overall. Enough of that.

Posted by Aruba on 04-19-16 at 06:09 AM
In all my years of watching MLB an ump has NEVER tossed a pitcher for INITIALLY throwing close to the batter. When it was believed the beaning was intentional warnings have ALWAYS been given to both benches because it is the RETALIATION that is not tolerated. That's the way the rule it written.

An OVERWHELMING amount of Hantz despicable behavior was grandstanding for the TV viewers. The castaways were not privy to most of his despicable behavior until they watched the season play out when aired on TV.

Posted by michel2 on 04-19-16 at 10:21 AM
Typical! Because YOU haven't seen it, it must not exist!

Here's from the official MLB rule book:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/official_rules/official_rules.jsp

(9) Intentionally Pitch at the Batter.

(1) If, in the umpire’s judgment, such a violation occurs, the
umpire may elect either to:

(A) Expel the pitcher, or the manager and the pitcher,
from the game, or

(B) may warn the pitcher and the manager of both
teams that another such pitch will result in the
immediate expulsion of that pitcher and the manager.

While B generally happens, A is still listed first!

As for Hantz, enough was known that almost everyone in Galu hated him while Natalie knew very well he was her winning ticket. Only idiots like Shampoo and John liked him.

"My List"
Posted by michel2 on 04-17-16 at 03:32 PM
The Good

1- Aubry: While the saboteurs were the main focus, the underlying story of this episode was Debbie’s folly and how Aubry would react to it. “What do I do now” she asked. She has been on a roller coaster ride from the start but she finally found a solid ally and shield in Cydney because she had to let go of her former protector, Debbie, who was going to bring them all down. When she said "original" during TC, I thought it meant that they had come up with another plan after convincing Julia to vote for Debbie. Maybe she redid the math and came to the conclusion that now it was safe to vote with Joe and Debbie. If so, maybe they should have followed the guys’ advice, leaving it to faith. Voting against Scot would have flushed the super-idol...or would have created a wedge between Jason and Tai if the gardener had decided to sit on the idol, leaving Scot hanging. But that is very risky so better wait and redo the math with cooler heads.

2- Michele: She didn't let the guys intimidate her. Of course, her passive game means she isn't in their sights so she can work the fire and vote whichever way she wants. It's a nice position to be in and she owes it to her easy-going nature.

3- Cydney: For two episodes, Cydney has been at the center of the strategy so that puts her at the top of the guys’ most wanted list. Her big moves can certainly backfire because of the ridiculous amount of power the idol possesses but those moves were good.

The Bad

1- Julia: It was nice to see her trying to use deception to advance her game but the guys’ guardian angel was much too obvious to everyone but Debbie. If the women don’t find a way around the super-idol then she’ll be the next to go. If they are able to get rid of the two big guys then Julia will follow them out the door. She thought having many alliances gave her power but her only source of power was that necklace. I bet she won't win it every week!

2- Mark His direct attack on Cydney told everyone which way the guys were voting. Mark is the brains of the guys' operation which is kind of funny. Like them, he's an angry bird and he's getting more aggressive with each episode.

The Wankers

1- Scot: He introduced the plan to make life miserable for everyone in camp and he led the charge. I think that makes him the first “celebrity” to abandon the idea of being a role model in his quest to win this game. The previous “stars” all seemed to favor honesty in order to protect their public image. Hogeboom’s lie certainly doesn’t compare. Then again, Pollard never tried to be a role model for those kids who watch the NBA so why change now?

2- Jason: The super-idol had been explained so many times that it had to become reality before too long. What’s worse is that the rule about the idol’s possession has been dropped. The smile that Scot and Jason shared after handing all the power to Tai told us they knew he could not only play it after the votes were read but that he could hand it back to the one that needed it. Yul and Terry would have been obliged to hand their idol off before TC if they wanted to protect someone else. This level of protection is ridiculous. He keeps saying they are unstoppable which only makes me wish they get stopped.

3- Tai: After every bad act it’s our conscience that saves us because it gives us a thousand good excuses of which we are the only judge. At least this game gives the last word to the jury who will certainly judge those actions from a different perspective. It’s funny that there are still viewers who complain about bitter jurors... Tai's conscience quickly gave him an excuse to sabotage camp but I think he'll regret it sooner or later. I also think Tai's conscience will help him rationalize keeping his idol. He'll just tell himself that the guys are despicable.

The Boring

Joe: At least he takes care of the fire. Now if only he was as funny as Butch doing it...

Booted - Debbie: I really enjoyed the chemist/ waitress/ electronics expert/ model. She was a lot of fun but how could she trust Julia? It was obvious to everyone including Mark. Too bad because up to that point she was playing a very good game.

PS. Aruba, I'm always suprised how much you appreciate the idol. For me, it's an abomination introduced mainly to create TV drama. Let me ask you this hypothetical: If you remember, in Panama, Misty was the first sent on Exile and she searched hard for that idol. Imagine she found it: She was Terry's first target so she would have used the idol to boot Terry in episode #3. How much would you like the idol then?!?!

"RE: My List"
Posted by Aruba on 04-17-16 at 07:37 PM
Can’t say I agree with your list, but it shows you put a lot of thought and analysis into it. I gotta give you props for that.

Aubry could “redo the math” all she wants but the numbers will not change. Had she flushed out the idol and Cydney was voted out, they go back to camp three guys and five girls...(Joe being Debbie’s bitch qualifies him as a girl in this scenario.) Going forward with the Debbie boot leaves them with...three guys and five girls BUT those guys STILL have the Super Idol! The math stays the same...the difference is now we have to hear Jason say how “unstoppable” he/they are and some fans bellyaching over how “ridiculous” the power is.

Had the idol been flushed out as quickly as it was revealed, we wouldn’t be talking about how powerful it is now. At any rate it’s only powerful for one TC, so your wish that the guys be stopped should be an extremely easy one to grant.

Julia was #6 among the “girls” and she knew it, so I have no problem with her making a big move. Sure it is a big risk, but given my analysis in my original assessment it could reap a big reward. Having the immunity necklace was not so much a source of power as it was a security blanket for her. Without the security of the necklace she would seek that same security from the guys joining them in voting for Cydney and she would still be safe.

If the women don’t find a way around the super-idol they may need to flush it out by splitting their votes between two guys. Julia can join the guys and vote out the woman of their choice heading back to camp with three girls and the three guys plus Julia. Those four could control the game. I’m not saying it will go that way, but I can’t criticize Julia for taking that hypothetical approach. It’s better odds than being #6.

A final word on Julia taking the guy’s side. If the girls were all bent out of shape over Julia’s decision why didn’t one of them beat her to the punch (namely Cydney since she was the one bitching the most about it) and offer to go with the guys and purposely trip over their feet to “sabotage” their effort to win the RC??? In the sabotage war wouldn’t turnaround be fair play? HaHa

Just as no juror in Samoa knew about Hantz sabotaging efforts, should Tai make the F3, no one on this Jury will know Tai put out the fire this episode. I’m certain they all are assuming either Scot or Jason did it; thus I see no juror consequences for his one action. I hope we do not see a trend with Tai continuing any retaliation. If so, then his true colors are coming out and they are bad. If Tai hangs on to the two idols and hangs Scot/Jason out to dry, I believe he loses any realistic chance of winning this season.

PS: Had Misty earned the idol through a diligent search and used it to save herself at the expense of Terry or someone else from her tribe, then more power to her. Had Terry been the hypothetical victim it would have occurred in Ep #3 as you stated. If so, then hypothetically we would have never seen how this 40+ year old proceeded to kick the crap out of castaways half his age all season. We would have never been treated to that exhibition…hypothetically. I other words we would have never known what we would have lost…hypothetically of course.

Posted by michel2 on 04-17-16 at 08:45 PM
Thank you Aruba, I like your list also especially since you also used wankers.

In my editing thread, I wrote that one of the girls should have volunteered to go with the guys and then just sat down, allowing the other women to win the challenge so we're thinking along the same lines there!

As for Julia, without the necklace she was going home. Maybe Debbie wouldn't have budged but I think Aubry would have convinced Joe to vote against Julia. The resulting 4-4-1 vote would have sent Julia home on the revote because Debbie would now have proof that Julia voted with the guys against Cydney.

Tai's asociation with the saboteurs is already hurting his jury case even if his direct involvement isn't known. And who knows? Tai is a bad liar and we had an FBI expert on the scene so when Tai meakly asked if there were any embers maybe Joe read right through him...or maybe not!

PS. your answer neglects the fact that Terry was your pre-game favorite. I doubt you'd have been happy to see him go but maybe I'm wrong and Misty would have become your new favorite.

Posted by Aruba on 04-18-16 at 06:09 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-16 AT 06:34 AM (EST)

No way Aubry convinces Joe to vote anyway other than how Debbie wanted him to vote. Regardless of who Aubry’s target was, Debbie and Joe were voting Scot. And when the Super Idol was revealed, those votes were pretty much etched in stone. We all saw Debbie literally in Joe’s ear immediately after Jason had an orgasm handing his idol over to Tai.

If Tai is sitting next to Scot and Jason in the Finals you really think he would be an underdog to win? And if Scot/Jason are on the Jury he’s most likely got their votes...probably Nick and Debbie’s as well. Hard to predict because it would all depend on whom he is sitting next to.

Joe read Tai???!!!! BWHAHAHAHAHAH!!! You’re killing me. Helen Keller would have an easier time reading the last line on an eye chart.

Terry was a pre-game player of interest because I competed against him in HS and knew a few classmates who went to the same HS as Terry. He became a game favorite with his proactive play and how he successfully competed harder than anyone in the challenges and his ability to decipher the clue and successfully find the HII. As for Misty, it would take more than just one idol find to dub her my favorite for the ENTIRE season.

Posted by michel2 on 04-19-16 at 10:32 AM
Reading minds again? Joe refused to vote against Debbie which is quite understandable but we have no definite knowledge about his reaction when asked to vote against Julia. The chance of flushing the idol would have been a good argument.

I think Tai will have to win his way to the end and that would be harder if he goes up against the guys. Also, just counting the remaining episodes before the Finale (4) and the number of players left (8) I'm thinking we could have a F2. With that in mind, I'm really not inclined to see a Tai/Jason/Scot F3. Tai could end up against a woman so his association with the wankers could cost him the million.

As for Joe reading Tai, didn't you notice that I was poking fun at your FBI!

Posted by kingfish on 04-18-16 at 09:56 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-16 AT 12:57 PM (EST)

Let me introduce you to the Wanker Family. Let's just ignore the fact that you've already been introduced. Both Aruba and Michel (and Debbie, for that matter) stole my idea before I had it.

There is Scot, the ex-NBA Wanker; Jason, the water walking wanker, and Tai, the Chicken whispering Wanker. Debbie, the Wonder woman Wanker isn't here right now, she is on the outs with the Wanker family and was actually the first Wanker to go home.

Good
Jason. Wanker walking on water. I think Tai will give back the HI he received from Jason at the last TC. So unless Jeff informs them that once united, that no one can cleave asunder the super idol, he will have his HI. And rumor has it that he may win IC. So he could have that too. So, despite having people out there who would like to see the backside of him, he should be a safe wanker for a while.

Tai. Chicken Whisperer Wanker. Has his HI, which may or may not be a super HI, and is looked on by all as either an ally or a possible ally. He is also capable of having challenge wins down the home stretch. So even though the others would be crazy to sit next to him at F2-3, he might get there, and he should be safe for now. His social game is showing a few minor cracks, but even so, it's far superior to anyone else's.

Joe. Stealth mode Joe. Much bigger fish to fry than him for everyone. Quantico has disavowed any knowledge him, but he should be safe from having to travel to Ponderosa for a while.

Cydney. Wanker-ette. Honestly, I don't know where to place her. But she is a woman and seems to be working with them, so that sould ensure her safety for a while. Her past actions (esp. concerning Alecia) were very Wankery, but she has apparently turned a page and joined the women. She has been rumbling about wanting to make a big move but so far talk is all that is. I can't see her going home for a week or two.

Mark the Chicken. There is a dotted line around Mark's neck, she's determined to steal the campers food and peck all the peckers, and her diminishing breasts are receiving some hungry looks. But she will be safe as long as she's tied to the Chicken Whisperer.

Vulnerable-ish
Scot. Big-ass wanker. Has to depend on the generosity of friends. Seems confident that he'll receive Jason's HI if he needs it. To me, that makes him vulnerable, and blindside material. However it can't be denied that Scot does not roll over and die, that inspite of the numbers being against him he still sees that the HI's can be his salvation. I think that they will not save him, but it's to his credit that he uses what he has to do what he can.

Julia. Fence sitting Femme fatale. Is walking a thin line, and has already aroused distrust from the women for seeming to side with the Wankers. So she is vulnerable. Her saving grace is that she is a woman (a cute and very girly woman with bend over appeal- but that's just me) and the other women need all the votes they can get now that the Wonder Woman Wanker has been voted off the island.

Michele. Less vulnerable because she's solidly aligned with the Women. However her vulnerability is precisely that she is aligned with the women, the Wankers could try and surprise them by putting their votes on her, and if the women split their votes she could find herself on the gangplank.

Aubry. The Wanker patrol is targeting her, so she is very vulnerable. But she has been a one of the planners of the recent assassinations. This is a strong role for her, but one that also puts a target on her back. I personally would like to see her win (from mental basket case to cold-eyed killer, what a story), but since she has shown little challenge strength, and has no HI, she is a target in every TC that she attends. Her only strength is her cunning, her social game, and her determination to not let failed plans and bad luck dent her determination.

Gone Girl
Debbie. Gone, but destined to be mentioned by Survivor historians for as long as the game survives. She can add "I beat the Wankers to the Ponderosa" to her resume, which by now resembles a gothic novel in length and in fictive writing.

Posted by Aruba on 04-19-16 at 05:42 AM
I must admit I would have never thought to incorporate “Wanker” in my list had Debbie not mentioned it in her parting words. I’m going to miss that old crazy bat.

I can’t remember which episode and who named the female hen “Mark.” I’m guessing Tai? Perhaps if he gave it a female name he wouldn’t be so attached to it? I dunno, just saying.

This upcoming episode is where Julia must choose a side. With the Super Idol still in play if she goes with the guys, she’s got a very realistic path to the F4. Sure the girls will whine, but I can’t see them handing the win to Scot or Jason.

So I gather you favor Julia’s “bend over appeal” over Debbie’s leg lift appeal?

I’m not seeing where Aubry is very vulnerable as the guys’ target. You are correct with your assessment that she has shown little challenge strength which is precisely why she will be LESS a target at every TC she attends.

Posted by kingfish on 04-19-16 at 08:58 AM
I learned the "Don't Name your pet if you eventually have to eat it" lesson as a kid when I raised rabbits. I just couldn't put "Cottonball" in my mouth. Of course, I wasn't starving on a island then either.

Aubry has been the focus of the main Wankers, week before last she got both of their votes. So when the discussion about who to try to get voted off next comes up, Aubry and Cyd's names will top the list. I think they see Aubry as running the women's show. But who knows, they may actually decide to try and pick off Michele.