URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 4486
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Kaoh Rong: The Very Good, Good, Very Bad, Bad & Boring Ep.5 "

Posted by Aruba on 03-17-16 at 09:04 PM
Rather nice rebound from a subpar episode last week. There’s always winners and losers from a tribal swap. This episode was no exception.

VERY GOOD

DEBBIE – Much was made of how the Beauty girls got split up—and understandably so. But the switch up was not kind to Debbie either. She lost both her bitches (Joe/Aubry) as well as “#1 on her peripheral” (Peter.) Interestingly tribal switch was followed by confessionals from both Debbie and Michele sitting in similar positions. But that’s where the similarity ended. Whereas Michele used her airtime to lament over her misfortune, Debbie proceeded to pull the reins of her Welcome Wagon inviting Brawns Cydney and Jason to hop on board...probably causing every fan/viewer who covets the social game to have a party in their pants.

When not pulling on the reins, she was pulling up on the pull-up branch. Cydney even challenged her by going “all the way down” at which point Debbie responded by incorporating a leg lift. If you don’t think that’s a tougher pull-up, try it sometime. Not only Good...VERY Good.

TAI – He works as hard as he searched. His hard searching was rewarded with an idol find. His hard work won the admiration of his new tribe. Knowing former tribe mate Julia will be joining him, creating a newfound bond with Scot, and realizing a fracture among the Brains Three thanks to Peter’s arrogance rising from the ashes puts Tai in excellent position. He could have went poo-poo in his pants at TC wasting his HII, but he played it cool. That was VERY good.

GOOD

NEIL – The Brain who searched the hardest was the one rewarded with the HII. Well done, Ice Cream Man—Well Done! The puzzle portion of the IC was such that one player could have taken charge and solved it...by my observation that was Neil. Well done, Ice Cream Man—Well Done! Reason he’s not elevated higher is because of his “Bye, Bye Blondie” remark and (I believe it was Neil) his comment to Jeff insinuating he would like the red buff? Not very good; but because of his HII find and IC performance still good.

With “Blondie” gone the Brawn men were rather congenial in their new settings.

SCOT – Good episode for him despite being the Brawn odd man out after the switcharoo. He showed his Professional Athletic prowess by dragging 100lbs in the water with relative ease...no, make that around 220lbs having to drag Aubry as well. It was good of him to consider the possibility of putting Tai and Jason’s idols together for the “Super” power assuming they may all align later. Now whether he’ll be able to swing it assuming all involved make the merge is another story. With Peter public enemy #1, he should make the merge.

JASON – Given Cydney’s history there was legitimate concern she might narc him (and his idol) out. That hasn’t happened (at least for now.) That puts Jason in good position even if it was comic relief during the “Previously on Survivor” opening segment when it was stated that both Tai AND Jason FOUND a HII. LOL. The comic relief continued when Debbie was “Masterminding” with Jason and there he sat looking up occasionally chomping and scrounging whatever was left on a chicken bone about the size of my pinkie.

NICK – Michel’s prediction was right to put Peter’s name on the plaque for the post tribal switch Dumb A$$ Luck Award, but it was not unanimous. Nick (as well as Cydney) could have gotten some votes too. He goes from the first bootee on the Beauty tribe to the self-proclaimed Master of the Survivor Universe (aka Debbie) looking up to him like a “Greek God.” A rather “good” change of fortune. Also, kudos for proactively seeking out his new tribe mates to form an alliance...an attempt that would have been fruitless with his old Beauty tribe.

CYDNEY – Like Nick, tribal switch was what the doctor ordered. Can’t give her too much credit for falling into an alliance with Debbie, but it was quite telling Debbie made it clear she wanted a woman to win this season. With five of the last six winners male, I wouldn’t mind seeing a female winner as well. Things are looking good for Cydney.

HONORABLE MENTION – GOOD

DARNELL – With Caleb probably still lying in the hospital somewhere, Darnell has a bevy of women, i.e. Jenn, Liz, Alecia and Anna all to himself at the Ponderosa. I stand corrected...make that Honorable Mention-EXCEPTIONALLY Good.

VERY BAD

PETER – Most viewers will shake their heads and ask themselves, “Didn’t he learn anything?” Not me. “You are, who you are, who you are.” The Survivor “Mastermind" still has him on her “peripheral.” Neil is still grinding his axe. Aubry flat-out referred to him as a “Devil” at TC. Tai immediately pegged him as “arrogant.” And in the preview, Mr. FBI is more or less telling him he’s full of sh!t. Not just bad...VERY bad.

BAD

JOE – To publically announce he doesn’t believe HIIs are in play this season is not only delusional, but shows how completely out of the loop he is. That’s “bad.”

MICHELE - OK, I acknowledge her first day alliance got scattered all over the island like fertilizer, Tough break...but what did she do about it? Tell us in a confessional she will now need to “read” people until the “time” comes to make an alliance?? Not sure what she’s “reading,” but while Debbie was on the final chapter of War and Peace, Michele seemed to be struggling with Dick and Jane. As far as the “time” is concerned, although a NJ native she must be on West Coast time because even Nick was at least three hours ahead of her in trying to make an alliance.

BORING

AUBRY – The tribal switch put her in a position where for right now it was not imperative to proactively initiate anything. To her credit she did nothing stupid either. But put them together—Boring.

JULIA – By no fault of her own boring episode for her. She had her moment by not showing weakness in front of the others while standing alone on the red mat followed by tears in the solitude of her short term fate. But overall not much for this episode.

BOOTED) ANNA – Oh well, I guess we won’t find out for absolute certainty if she was sporting a pair of plastic boobies or not. Yes, she got the worst of the tribal switch. As if her alliance getting split up was not enough, having another Beauty waiting in the wings to replace the Gondol bootee would be too much to overcome IF Gondol goes to TC. But that did not have to happen. Like Alecia in the previous episode, Anna had it within HER power to control her own fate at the IC. As stated with Neil, the puzzle was not so complex where one individual could not have solved it on their own. Anna had that opportunity but failed to do so.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Kaoh Rong: The Very Good, Good, Very Bad, Bad & Boring Ep.5 "
Posted by kingfish on 03-18-16 at 11:26 AM
Post tribal swap positions.

Ambiguous
Darnell. (BTW, I approve of his inclusion in this list, for the very reasons given by Aruba.) He's surrounded by some angry and possibly very horney young women. And we all know what angry horney sex is like. It's worth picking a fight with your spouse or significant other to experience. But wasn't it mentioned that he is gay? So it would still be fun for him as their "gay" guy friend. And as well as for them, if frustrating. If he is gay, then their focus will shift to the next hetero guy booted from the island.

And if he's not gay (and I’m not sure why I think that), in his bio he said that his hero was Jesus. And he probably wasn’t referring to the Jesus (Hey-sus) on the corner selling crack. So his situation is still ambiguous, as there would be some temptation for a handsome hetero Christian black man in his situation (My advice - Eh, God will forgive just about anything).

Maybe I should put him in the "Good, Very Good" category. Enjoy life while you can, Darnell.

Good
Neil. His HI find improved his situation, and he's on a swapped team with previous brains ally Debbie. So she won't be talking up a plan to boot him. He hasn't antagonized anyone, he doesn't have a faction who would target him, he seems low key and smart, so he's in a really good and safe position.

Cydney. Friends with Debbie, so that should provide her a cushion of safety. She also knows about Jason's HI, and that knowledge could help her avoid the targeting of her tribe mates should she need to use it. I hope she is smart enough to save that advantage for when she needs it, but we've seen all to often how some people just can't seem to keep their mouths shut when they need to, especially at TC.

Scot. Ending up on a tribe with Julia (soon to join) was a fortunate turn of events for Scot short term. And he seems to have buddied up with Tai. Tai however, was willing to throw another ally under the bus, but for now both can count on the other not to vote for them. Probably. Scot should be considered a challenge asset, but it's inevitable that challenge assets become challenge threats after the merge, and like with Nick someone will start to think about booting him before the merge.

Jason. He nods when Debbie's mouth is moving. So she won't be talking up him as a target. Which is all he needs to be safe. If he can keep his bullying personality in check as well as his superior mouth, he could go to the merge.

Good, for now.
Debbie.
She's playing hard, much too hard, and she's lost sight of the end game. She's addicted to going all out, it's a heady feeling to think one is steering the ship and making people dance to their tune. And it's working for her. For now. Every thing she does, especially in her confessionals, puts me off. But I'm not there on the island I'm sitting in my recliner so it's different. If I were there I'd also be behind her until numbers dwindle and it becomes vital that F3 threats have to go, because with her social game she should be a dire F3 threat.

Tai. It was easy to see how hard it was for Tai to lie at TC. It seems the wink-wink-nudge-nudge from Scot helped make his decision not to play the idol, but Jeff really put him on the spot with one of the best timed questions at TC so far. Our little Gollum was really squirming, and I'd bet that that wasn't lost on his tribe mates.

I'd like to pick him to win, but unless he wins a few individual challenges toward the end, his social game and the threat that that poses at F3 will do him in.

Bad;
Peter.
His cockiness had been restored, and he can't help but show it. He seems doomed to be the next boot from the tribe of Gandalf. Production usually uses this situation as a red herring, but even so, someone else on that tribe would have to FU pretty badly to take his place on the plank. Or, if they are smart and tolerant, the other Brains could join with him and dominate Gondol until the merge. But according to the previews they won't (See Stupid Joe and Aubry)

Nick. His arrogance is all to evident. To us especially, because he doesn't try to hide it in his confessionals, but people like him can't stop the eye rolls and smirks, they're too reflexive, and it's a good bet his tribemates pick up on his attitude and that he will be somebodies' target come TC time.

Michele. Sacrificial meat, unfortunately. I'd like to elevate her higher, but such is the fate of a UTR player sometimes. Fortunately for her Nick is also a targetable player on her tribe. Unfortunately for her, Nick is probably considered a challenge asset. Fortunately for her, there are some who would soon start to think about booting a challenge asset.

Julia. Good for Darnell. But bad for Julia. She will go to the Gondol tribe where the stated intent is to eliminate Beauties. Fortunately for her, she is on a tribe with Peter who is set up by editing as the next Gondol boot, and also on her tribe is Aubry and Joe, two Stupids. So who knows, now that her tribe mates have blunted the possibility that Beauties could take over the tribe, their attention could swing in another direction and she could slide for a while. It's always amazed me how the most vulnerable players, those whose fate is at the mercy of the Survivor Gods, can sometimes last to the end.

Stupid Joe and Aubry) If they don't bury their differences with Peter and dominate Gondol until the merge, they are just stupid.

Hidden by production: Joe (I know, he's in two categories. So sue me) I have seen nothing to back this up, but I refuse to accept that the tribe wouldn't consider booting the old, surly, arthritic curmudgeon. So, seeing as how he's also stupid (see above) and probably squanders his chance to be a part of the dominant alliance, he just seem to me to be a logical boot choice, maybe not now, but soon, and for the rest of his life.

Living the good life with tears in her eyes Anna.

Those boobs jiggle.

We'll get another viewing at the final reunion show, when she will have regained her lost weight, and with her predilection to cleavage show-womanship, we will have a very good viewing indeed.

Posted by Aruba on 03-19-16 at 09:21 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-16 AT 09:29 AM (EST)

I knew I’d warm up to this format. What started out as Michel’s “Good, Bad, Boring,” has now included VERY Good, VERY Bad, Terribly Bad, Ambiguous, Stupid, and Hidden during the past couple weeks. I LIKE IT!

Looks like we’re on the same wavelength with our lists…only exception being Nick. We'll need to wait until Michel posts his list to start shaking things up. Can’t argue your point about Nick's attitude but had to bump him up this week for his proactive effort to form a post tribal switch alliance. It may be the last time (barring any MVP challenge effort) I’ll be able to throw any morsel of credit toward the narcissistic God’s Gift to all of man(woman)kind.

Had no idea of Darnell's possible sexual preference. If anything was said or inferred during the Premier I obviously missed it.

Yes, they could be real even though I’ve observed fake bobbies jiggle as well. What makes it tough to tell is Anna has the right body type and frame to support them unlike some other obnoxious cases that resemble two basketballs tied around a broomstick.

Alas, due to her early departure will never know for sure. And sadly I do not think her appearance at the Reunion Show will provide any confirmation. The best we could hope for is Anna going braless on the show...I don’t anticipate anything exceptionally low cut or wardrobe slippage on the Finale. The only bet for verification is if they cast/choose/pick/vote, etc. her for a Second Chance II season.

Posted by kingfish on 03-19-16 at 11:35 AM
There is also the possibility of a Playboy pictorial. Video?

But I am willing to lay down real (fake) $100 dollar bills that they will be on display to the maximum extent possible considering the Prime time TV limitations on that sort of thing.

But really, so what? If they jiggle and can still serve to nurture a needy infant (or significant other), so what? Especially if it fills a void in her self-esteem.

Because of his holiday on the Ponderosa, I hope I'm mistaken about Darnell and that he will be able to enjoy all the pleasures thereon, thereof, and thereto.

Posted by Aruba on 03-19-16 at 01:40 PM
If those $100 bills "jiggle" I may take you up on that bet.

As for nurturing, visual, or a self-esteem booster I'm with you in saying, "so what?"

The reason I play it up more for Anna is because of her statement about Nick criticizing his "fake" smile. Wouldn't it be a hoot (not to mention highly hypocritical) if by some possible chance they ARE fake only to be brazen enough to comment on a phony smile?

Would give new meaning to the Pot calling the Kettle black...or a more appropriate metaphor--Santa Claus calling a three-dollar bill "fake."

Oh geez...three-dollar bill...are we back to Darnell???

Posted by michel2 on 03-19-16 at 02:49 PM
If they had been fake, Anna wouldn't have felt the need to push them up; they'd already be pushed up!

Posted by Aruba on 03-20-16 at 10:20 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-16 AT 10:40 AM (EST)

Even plastic boobies have room for extra elevation. Although that may depend on the procedure taken.

Breast implants will NOT prevent breasts from sagging.
A breast lift in addition to a breast augmentation will produce the gravity-defying effect you are suggesting.

"My List"
Posted by michel2 on 03-19-16 at 02:45 PM
I'm glad you like the format, Aruba and your inclusion of Darnell made me laugh. Loser lodge often turns into a party and I'd like to be in his place!

The Good

1- Neal: He found an idol and called himself the front runner for those betting in Vegas but do we take that at face value or not? It must be said that right after he said he’d be looking for the possessor of that second idol, we saw that Scot beat him to it. Debbie told Cydney that she was close to Neal but wanted to see a woman win this season so it could come down to “Debbie’s Choice”. Will she be able to vote out Neal to make sure a woman wins? Maybe not! Neal is playing an indiidual game and still gaining the trust of others so that could be a powerful combination.

2- Debbie: Hearing Debbie talk about playing offense adds another layer to her strategy. In episode 1, jason worked quickly to make alliances in the new Brawn tribe but even he couldn't act as quickly as Debbie. When we saw Debbie hanging from a branch I wondered how we should interpret the image: Will Debbie hang on all the way to the end or is she still the low-hanging fruit that peter will pick. Working fast could make her a target and sometimes a more relaxed approach like the one displayed by Michelle works better.

3- Tai: Since Anna never gave him the reassurances he needed, it wouldn’t have been wise for Tai to play his idol in her favor. Yes, he would now have the numbers on the new Chan Lo but he would have placed his game in the poker player’s hands. After showing his value around camp and his joyous attitude, Tai isn’t in any danger now that the tribe has another easy prey and Tai can certainly forge his way in the game without any of his former Beauty tribe mates. His idol and his charisma form a good enough game plan but can he find a way to the end? He'll need a lot of luck before long.

4- Michelle: Despite some serious bad luck with the swap, Michelle adopted a very good game plan. Listening and waiting for the right moment served Tai and Scot well on the other side but they don't have to deal with Debbie, who was as quick out of the blocks as an NFL pass-rusher! Still, Michelle shouldn't be seen as a target and she could even join Debbie in the new women's alliance that will be needed if the chemist/waitress/electronic expert is going to make sure a woman wins.

The Very Lucky

1- Peter: This season’s swap couldn’t have come at a better time and in a better way for Peter. While he should have used the word plurality instead of majority, the numbers meant that the former Brain tribe members needed him to stay in control. No one in the Brain tribe liked Peter, but it must be noted that Aubry and Joe were not as dangerous to him as Debbie and Neal. It can be said that the two new members of Gondol played defensively, protecting their position, rather than offensively by recruiting new alliance members. As such, they opened the door for Peter, giving him a second reprieve. Someone could pay dearly for that mistake.

The Lucky

1 -Scot: His dumb luck could be multiplied by ten if his new man crush is forced to leave the game because of that awful leg scrape. Tai wouldn’t leave with the idol in his pocket so what would he do if he’s forced out of the game? Give it to his new best friend of course. Finding himself alone in a tribe of six may seem like bad luck but it’s been shown more than once that it’s actually a good position. The two opposing factions needed Scot so, by staying calm and open, he had it made. The mountain man is an asset in challenges but that will soon change and he has nowhere to hide. Getting all the way to the end will be hard for Scot unless he’s given an idol or two.

2- Jason: It’s seems certain that the attention he gave to Cydney when she was in distress contributed to his successful integration into the new Chan Lo but he still received plenty of luck when the Beauty tribe was clean divided and Julia became the designated returning player. Instead of picking new buffs, we could have seen the Brawn tribe getting dissolved into the other two and that could have meant a quick end to Jason’s game. Let’s not forget that production’s last minute decision to change the format meant he could get rid of Alecia before the swap. Either Jason or Scot would not have slept as comfortably if their favorite punching bag had made it to a new tribe. Now, Jason is seen as a vital ally for both sides so he could soon become the most powerful player in the game.

2- Cydney: She has a wonderful personal story that could earn her a lot of sympathy when she shares it. She made the critical connection with Debbie first so she wasn’t depending on Jason at that point. However, she traded one position of dependency for another when she became Debbie’s follower instead. Hearing her say that having a motherly figure could be good for her is certainly not a sign of independence. A follower can win one of two ways: Getting to the end with a leader that everyone dislikes or overthrowing that leader at the right moment. It seems that only Peter would qualify as the hated leader but Cydney has no connection to him. So it seems that she will have to make a big move and vote either her “savior” or her island “mother” out of the game. It seems unlikely.

The Unlucky

1- Julia: The mystery buff twist should have been paired with a merger in the following episode. In fact, the mystery buff should have been the merger buff and Julia should have been told to get the shelter ready for the new arrivals in a similar fashion to Tocantins' premiere. Forgive me for even suggesting such an abomination but, once there, they could have enticed her with a clue to a new idol! With this set up, she will be walking straight into an ambush and we are heading for a rerun type of episode if Gondol loses again. They could even do like in Soap Operas and have an announcer say: “Now playing the role of Anna Khait is Julia Sokolowski”. Besides the tribe winning immunity, her only chance is that she won’t be perceived as a schemer so maybe Aubry and Joe will side with her and finally rid us of Peter. Gratification has been delayed long enough...

2- Nick:After being put on hold for 4 episodes, it seems that Nick’s story is starting to unfold. The next preview is mostly devoted to him! His manipulative skills will be on display and that should make for an interesting episode if he gets to pay Jeff a visit at Tribal Council. While they aren't as loaded as the new Salani, Chan Lo still looks like a powerhouse but what if Nick decides to throw the challenge to protect Julia and Tai, thinking he has Jason and Cydney in his pocket? His machinations could earn him a quick exit!

The Boring

1- Joe: His aversion for Peter was evident in his comment about letting him know what he and Aubry decide. He only thought of keeping the numbers when it was time to act but Debbie wasn’t there to get him to move so he missed a good opportunity.

2- Aubry: Debbie must have talked to Aubry about her desire of seeing a woman win and maybe even about her desire to team up with Cydney at some point. That should have opened two doors for Aubry: She could have teamed up with Anna to form a bigger women’s alliance or she could have gone with Scot to build a second front in the battle against Beauty. With Peter and Anna voting against each other, Aubry and Joe could have eliminated the player of their choosing and easily rallied the others to their cause.

Booted- Anna: For Anna, it was a convergence of bad luck. First she lost Caleb, then she was separated from her two closest allies, she was put in the minority with one of the most charismatic and hard worker we’ve ever seen on the show, there was the threat of Julia’s return and, if that wasn’t enough, Scot found out he could use Tai’s idol to form a super idol. With that being said, I still think Anna played it horribly. Throwing your former tribe mate under the bus was following Alexis Maxwell’s way of playing the game. Anna should have used Julia’s return as a positive, gone to Aubry and suggested she joins in her female alliance. The women are being decimated right now so Aubry could have been receptive. After two days, Peter’s arrogance was noticed by Tai so surely Anna must have seen it also and she should have guessed that Aubry felt the same way. You make your own luck in this game as Neal said and Anna could also have won the immunity challenge, saving her all this trouble.

"RE: My List"
Posted by Aruba on 03-20-16 at 10:16 AM
WOW, that’s quite a chain of hypothetical events you lay out to deem Scot “lucky” for THIS episode. When I cast votes for the Dumb A$$ Luck award it is based on events that actually DID occur in the most RECENT episode for my weekly list.

But if you prefer to play Nostradamus then Michele is the one who should top your “lucky” list. If not for Neil’s efforts with the IC puzzle it would have been Michele making a trip to the Ponderosa. Neil, Debbie along with her newfound comrade Cydney, and Jason would be voting as a bloc. The concern of another Beauty (Julia) joining the tribe would make the choice between Michele and Nick a no-brainer. Debbie admires Nick as a “Greek God” and Nick proactively initiated an alliance with Jason. Michele’s “more relaxed approach” would NOT have “worked better.” Put all this together and Anna would not be blowing a kiss good-bye to Tai (which turned out to be herself)...it would have been for her former alliance mate Michele.

But focusing on the events that DID occur on this week’s episode, Chan Loh did not go to TC and now luckily Michele can “relax” a little while longer and take some more time to wait on that coattail she can ride out on.

Caleb’s departure forced Production to “change the format” REGARDLESS of which approach was taken. An episode 4 IC was formatted for the season long before the castaways hopped on the Cambodian beach to embark on BBB II. If anything, following through with the IC kept with the designed format. The approach taken with swapping 13 players instead of the planned 14 was nothing totally new because we saw that in Survivor 12 with Bruce. It worked well for Bruce and swapping him for pathetically inept Melinda proved to be a God sent for Casaya.

Alexis Maxwell is FAAAR from the only other player to throw a former tribe mate under the bus. Perv-ati did so to her former tribe mate and closest ally’s love interest Ozzy in Skankivor: Micronesia. Tony did so to his former tribe mate he “solidified” with a Blue Blood bonding promise. In the end it didn’t turn out all that bad for either. We can go back and forth ‘til Kingdom come throwing several scenarios at each other to support our cases, but at the end of the day it’s HOW you throw a former tribe mate under the bus that can make or break you.

For Anna to use his searching for an idol as the means to throw Tai under the bus was a poor tactic. AHHHH, HELLO but searching for (and finding HIIs) are part of the game. And when Tai ultimately admitted that he found and was willing to show the idol, it was a tactic that blew up in her face. At that point her boobies were cooked (or melted) and no scrambling (even what you proposed with boring Aubry) would have made any difference.

Your woulda, coulda, shoulda Monday Morning QBing with Aubry and Anna joining forces as a possibility to further a girl alliance makes for fun message board discussion, but in reality it had little to no legs. NOOOO way they would be able to pry Scot and Tai apart. The bonding that was an understandable focus this past episode could not have gone unnoticed by the other Gondol members. With that said no way Aubry/Joe allow the prospect of voting out Peter so the Beauty Three + Tai’s new boy crush Scot could control the tribe. It served Aubry well for the immediate time after the swap to do what she does best—follow with the hopes of being carried to the endgame.

Both of our lists concluded with a similar closing sentence. None of all this Nostradamus/Monday Morning QB hypothetical spin would have matter had Anna stepped up and performed in the IC thus avoiding TC.

Posted by michel2 on 03-20-16 at 05:01 PM
>WOW, that’s quite a chain of
>hypothetical events you lay out
>to deem Scot “lucky” for
>THIS episode. When I
>cast votes for the Dumb
>A$$ Luck award it is
>based on events that actually
>DID occur in the most
>RECENT episode for my weekly
>list.

I put Scot in the lucky category strictly for what happened this week with the swap. The chain of events that I mentioned could multiply that luck by ten.

>But if you prefer to play
>Nostradamus then Michele is the
>one who should top your
>“lucky” list. If not for
>Neil’s efforts with the IC
>puzzle it would have been
>Michele making a trip to
>the Ponderosa.

I'll have you notice that Michelle did her part in the challenge. Gondol had the lead when Cydney and Michelle got to work and they caught up.

>Caleb’s departure forced Production to “change
>the format” REGARDLESS of which
>approach was taken.

Before Swan was evacuated, a double elimination was scheduled. Production decided to give both tribes a break and they merged after only 1 more TC. That truly saved Hantz's neck because it would have been impossible to break Galu if Shambo and Natalie had been voted out. The format ALWAYS changes when production thinks it will help their favorite. Here, by keeping the TC despite an even greater need for a break by everyone, they favored Brawn because they it gave them the chance to eliminate their outsider.

And yes, La Mina was dumb to win that challenge!

>Alexis Maxwell is FAAAR from the
>only other player to throw
>a former tribe mate under
>the bus. Perv-ati did so
>to her former tribe mate
>and closest ally’s love interest
>Ozzy in Skankivor: Micronesia.

That happened well after the merge, not right after a swap. And i wouldn't call it throwing under the bus but finding a way to win.

>Tony
>did so to his former
>tribe mate he “solidified” with
>a Blue Blood bonding promise.

Sarah reneged on their alliance first but Tony STILL tried to get her on board. It was Trish who arranged Sarah demise and look what happened to her!

>For Anna to use his searching
>for an idol as the
>means to throw Tai under
>the bus was a poor
>tactic. AHHHH, HELLO but searching
>for (and finding HIIs) are
>part of the game
. And
>when Tai ultimately admitted that
>he found and was willing
>to show the idol, it
>was a tactic that blew
>up in her face. At
>that point her boobies were
>cooked (or melted) and no
>scrambling (even what you proposed
>with boring Aubry) would have
>made any difference.

That's a weird interpretation of the events! Many players were targeted for having an idol or an advantage so that's what Anna was trying to sell. Tai revealed his idol to ANNA, not Aubry, Joe or Peter so it didn't blow up in Anna's face. It actually gave her a second option because Tai was going to play the idol to save them both until Scot intervened.

>It served Aubry well for
>the immediate time after the
>swap to do what she
>does best—follow with the hopes
>of being carried to the
>endgame.

Sewe, you look at the short term gain while I think long term. If Aubry had joined Anna and the returning Julia, it could have paid off nicely in the long term.

>Both of our lists concluded with
>a similar closing sentence. None
>of all this Nostradamus/Monday Morning
>QB hypothetical spin would have
>matter had Anna stepped up
>and performed in the IC
>thus avoiding TC.

The key to the game is staying one step ahead of the others. If you think it's useless spin then I can't help you.

Posted by Aruba on 03-21-16 at 09:20 PM
>I put Scot in the lucky
>category strictly for what happened
>this week with the swap.
> The chain of events
>that I mentioned could multiply
>that luck by ten.

If we had no swap and the original Brawn tribe had yet another date with TC, Scot would still remain in the game. It would have been Cydney voted out. Just as the case with Peter and Nick had Brains or Beauty gone to TC respectively.

>I'll have you notice that Michelle
>did her part in the
>challenge. Gondol had the
>lead when Cydney and Michelle
>got to work and they
>caught up.

I'll have YOU notice...so did several others do their part. However you wish to spin it both teams reached the final puzzle portion relatively equal. Now if Michele was the one who stepped up and did the most to solve the puzzle, just as Peter and Nick did in Ep. 4, then she would be credited with saving her own hide. As it turned out she was lucky Neil brought home the victory preventing TC and ultimately ending her game.

>Before Swan was evacuated, a double
>elimination was scheduled. Production
>decided to give both tribes
>a break and they merged
>after only 1 more TC.
> That truly saved Hantz's
>neck because it would have
>been impossible to break Galu
>if Shambo and Natalie had
>been voted out. The
>format ALWAYS changes when production
>thinks it will help their
>favorite. Here, by keeping
>the TC despite an even
>greater need for a break
>by everyone, they favored Brawn
>because they it gave them
>the chance to eliminate their
>outsider.

Any scenario preventing a double eviction should be commended. I recall TCs where medical evacuations eliminated voting someone out, but the challenges went on as we witnessed this season. Of course now you play the ‘ole Conspiracy Card where in order to continue this point I’ll have to “disprove” a “negative” no one can attest actually occurred or not. AHHH, the beauty of the Conspiracy Card.

>And yes, La Mina was dumb
>to win that challenge!

OH, OK...La Mina was “dumb” because they didn’t possess a crystal ball and knew who Casaya would vote out beforehand. LOL Had Casaya implemented the Anti-Darwin Syndrome at that TC and voted out a stronger player it would have played perfected into the hands of players like Terry, Austin, and Nick. Just because you enjoy playing “Nostradamus” it doesn’t mean others can.

>That happened well after the merge, not right after a swap. And I wouldn't call it throwing under the bus but finding a way to win

So because the Skanky Ho threw Ozzy under the bus the second TC after the merge instead of the first that qualifies as “well after the merge?” LOL...you’re too funny. What Anna did I regard as “trying to win.” You can’t win unless you advance in the game.

>Sarah reneged on their alliance first
>but Tony STILL tried to
>get her on board.
>It was Trish who arranged
>Sarah demise and look what
>happened to her!

And wheels on your bus go ‘round and ‘round. Spin, spin, spin! Tony orchestrated Sarah’s boot. Sure he had Trish do his dirty work figuring Trish had a better shot of convincing Cass to turn on her new tribe which is what she eventually did. And Trish’s boot had nothing to do with Sarah’s exit from the game. That occurred a hellava lot longer than Perv-ati throwing Ozzy under the bus post-merge.

>That's a weird interpretation of the
>events! Many players were
>targeted for having an idol
>or an advantage so that's
>what Anna was trying to
>sell. Tai revealed his
>idol to ANNA, not Aubry,
>Joe or Peter so it
>didn't blow up in Anna's
>face. It actually gave
>her a second option because
>Tai was going to play
>the idol to save them
>both until Scot intervened.

Tai revealed the idol to Anna AND SCOT. Scot’s “intervention” resulted from Tai sharing the idol with him, so THAT’S how the revelation of the idol “blew up in her face.”

>Sewe, you look at the short
>term gain while I think
>long term. If Aubry
>had joined Anna and the
>returning Julia, it could have
>paid off nicely in the
>long term.

I’m not disputing that an Anna/Aubry/Julia alliance would have paid dividends in the long term. And you can bet the rest of Gondol could see that as well. So to suggest Scot, Peter, Joe and even Tai would have allowed Anna and Aubry to join forces and bring in Julia would be a reach of monumental proportions.

Posted by michel2 on 03-21-16 at 11:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-16 AT 11:47 PM (EST)

>If we had no swap and
>the original Brawn tribe had
>yet another date with TC,
>Scot would still remain in
>the game. It would have
>been Cydney voted out. Just
>as the case with Peter
>and Nick had Brains or
>Beauty gone to TC respectively.

Weird way of looking at things: There was going to be a swap. That was a given so why look at what would have happened with no swaps? The way the swap worked out was very lucky for Scot because it put him in the key swing vote position.

>I'll have YOU notice...so did several
>others do their part. However
>you wish to spin it
>both teams reached the final
>puzzle portion relatively equal. Now
>if Michele was the one
>who stepped up and did
>the most to solve the
>puzzle, just as Peter and
>Nick did in Ep. 4,
>then she would be credited
>with saving her own hide.
>As it turned out she
>was lucky Neil brought home
>the victory preventing TC and
>ultimately ending her game.

Yes, one challenge loss could have very well ended Michelle's game so that shows that she was very unlucky with the way the swap unfolded. Winning the IC saved her but still hurt her game in the long run. No luck there at all.

>Any scenario preventing a double eviction
>should be commended.

You really don't get the point, do you? Swan gets evacuated and "suddenly" two votes are cancelled. Caleb gets evacuated and the vote still occurs. Why the rule change? It's not "conspiracy theory". it's simple facts. Survivor changes the rule all the time. You don't have to disprove anything, just realize what is going on.

>OH, OK...La Mina was “dumb” because
>they didn’t possess a crystal
>ball and knew who Casaya
>would vote out beforehand. LOL
>Had Casaya implemented the Anti-Darwin
>Syndrome at that TC and
>voted out a stronger player
>it would have played perfected
>into the hands of players
>like Terry, Austin, and Nick.
>Just because you enjoy playing
>“Nostradamus” it doesn’t mean others
>can.

Again, no need for crystal balls. Both tribes knew that Bruce would be coming back. Terry and Dan both knew that Bruce was a valuable tribe member. Terry and Dan didn't have to guess which tribe member Casaya would eliminate to see the advantage of throwing a challenge to get rid of Misty and grabbing Bruce. They were dumb not to use that golden opportunity.

>So because the Skanky Ho threw
>Ozzy under the bus the
>second TC after the merge
>instead of the first that
>qualifies as “well after
>the merge?” LOL...you’re
>too funny. What Anna did
>I regard as “trying to
>win.” You can’t win unless
>you advance in the game.

It occured after the game became individual and after Parvati had made a better alliance with Alexis and Natalie. So yes, it was much better timing than Anna who threw her tribe mate under the bus before the merger and before securing any new deals.

>>Sarah reneged on their alliance first
>>but Tony STILL tried to
>>get her on board.
>>It was Trish who arranged
>>Sarah demise and look what
>>happened to her!
>And wheels on your bus go
>‘round and ‘round. Spin, spin,
>spin! Tony orchestrated Sarah’s boot.

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Tony thought that Sarah would turn around and come back to them. Trish was the one that convinced him Sarah was a dead end and SHE got Kass to flip, saving Tony's game in the process.

>Tai revealed the idol to Anna
>AND SCOT. Scot’s “intervention” resulted
>from Tai sharing the idol
>with him, so THAT’S how
>the revelation of the idol
>“blew up in her face.”

!!!!! Anna was going home before Tai's revelation and Anna went home after Tai revealed having an idol. That's what we call a non-factor, not a blow-up!

>I’m not disputing that an Anna/Aubry/Julia
>alliance would have paid dividends
>in the long term. And
>you can bet the rest
>of Gondol could see that
>as well. So to suggest
>Scot, Peter, Joe and even
>Tai would have allowed Anna
>and Aubry to join forces
>and bring in Julia would
>be a reach of monumental
>proportions.

Tai and Joe could have been convinced since they both hated Peter. Joe was certainly considering it but Aubry didn't even try to change his mind. That buff she put over her mouth seemed to have silenced her.

Posted by Aruba on 03-22-16 at 08:51 PM
>Weird way of looking at things:
> There was going to
>be a swap. That
>was a given so why
>look at what would have
>happened with no swaps?

Easy to say now because it happened. Sure there was speculation that a swap would be coming soon. With 14 players remaining it would have been more of a "given." But with 13 players remaining it's not far fetched to think another IC, TC, boot and then with 12 the swap would occur. Once again, Nostramadus, you wait until AFTER the event occurs, back into a prediction, and call it a "given."

>Yes, one challenge loss could have
>very well ended Michelle's game
>so that shows that she
>was very unlucky with the
>way the swap unfolded.
>Winning the IC saved her
>but still hurt her game
>in the long run.
>No luck there at all.

The swap did Debbie no favors either. The difference is Debbie stepped up her game whereas Michele passively did not. Michele would have created her own misfortune had Chan Loh went to tribal.

>You really don't get the point,
>do you?...Caleb gets
>evacuated and the vote still
>occurs. Why the rule
>change?

YOU don't seem to get it. When Caleb gets evacuated THERE WAS NO RULE CHANGE! You're the one who wants the rule/format change. Even in Swan's evacuation an IC was played. They continued with the IC AS FORMATTED. This was a unique situation when the evac occurred during a REWARD challenge. Because you are so anti-challenges you're bummed out they didn't cancel the IC this week.

>Again, no need for crystal balls.
> Both tribes knew that
>Bruce would be coming back.
> Terry and Dan both
>knew that Bruce was a
>valuable tribe member. Terry
>and Dan didn't have to
>guess which tribe member Casaya
>would eliminate to see the
>advantage of throwing a challenge
>to get rid of Misty
>and grabbing Bruce. They
>were dumb not to use
>that golden opportunity.

Throwing challenges is a cowardly way to play. Hard to be a coward when you're not a coward by nature. You are...who you are...who you are. Easy to play Monday Morning QB.

>It occured after the game became
>individual and after Parvati had
>made a better alliance with
>Alexis and Natalie. So
>yes, it was much better
>timing than Anna who threw
>her tribe mate under the
>bus before the merger and
>before securing any new deals.

We're talking about throwing a former tribe mate under the bus after a major game-changer planned by Production. I could give a rat's behind whether it's a Tribal Swap or Merge. Listen, I agree there are times when throwing a former tribe mate under the bus is ill advised...and there are times (i.e. the Skank and Tony) when it proved to be a good play.

>WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Tony thought
>that Sarah would turn around
>and come back to them.
> Trish was the one
>that convinced him Sarah was
>a dead end and SHE
>got Kass to flip, saving
>Tony's game in the process.

RIGHT, RIGHT, RIGHT. Tony's confessional that season laying out his plan to turn on his former tribe mate and Blue Blood comrade preceded Trish persuading Kass to flip. Of course now you'll probably play your edit card by saying Production purposely placed Tony's confession prior to the Trish/Kass pow-wow. LMAO. Sometime I wonder why I even bother.

>!!!!! Anna was going home
>before Tai's revelation and Anna
>went home after Tai revealed
>having an idol. That's
>what we call a non-factor,
>not a blow-up!

I didn't say the revelation of the idol is what "sent Anna home." Just you putting words in my mouth with your spin yet again. What I said is when Anna used Tai searching for the idol as a means to throw him under the bus, Tai revealing the idol later is what caused that tactic to blow up in her face.

>Tai and Joe could have been
>convinced since they both hated
>Peter. Joe was certainly
>considering it but Aubry didn't
>even try to change his
>mind. That buff she put
>over her mouth seemed to
>have silenced her.

NO WAY Joe would be convinced. Sure he and Aubry hate Peter...but they hated the prospect of three Beauties in a tribe of six even more. Scot did not want that possibility either. I know it must eat you alive that no fluttering wings of a social butterfly could have realistically got Anna out of her jam. In the end she needed to step up and control her OWN fate but performing in the IC. I know...that's the 'ole pouring salt in your wounds as well.

Posted by michel2 on 03-23-16 at 00:07 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-16 AT 00:09 AM (EST)

>Easy to say now because it
>happened. Sure there was speculation
>that a swap would be
>coming soon. With 14 players
>remaining it would have been
>more of a "given." But
>with 13 players remaining it's
>not far fetched to think
>another IC, TC, boot and
>then with 12 the swap
>would occur. Once again, Nostramadus,
>you wait until AFTER the
>event occurs, back into a
>prediction, and call it a
>"given."

But for us who are looking at the episode, the swap did occur!! WE are the ones making lists and seeing who had a lucky draw and who didn't. Scot and Peter had incredibly lucky draws while everyone of the Beauty tribe had rotten ones mostly because of the mystery buff.

>The swap did Debbie no favors
>either. The difference is Debbie
>stepped up her game whereas
>Michele passively did not. Michele
>would have created her own
>misfortune had Chan Loh went
>to tribal.

Debbie didn't have to worry about a Brain coming back to join them after the vote though so no, Michelle and Nick's luck was much worse.

>YOU don't seem to get it.
> When Caleb gets evacuated
>THERE WAS NO RULE CHANGE!
>You're the one who wants
>the rule/format change. Even in
>Swan's evacuation an IC was
>played. They continued with the
>IC AS FORMATTED. This was
>a unique situation when the
>evac occurred during a REWARD
>challenge. Because you are so
>anti-challenges you're bummed out they
>didn't cancel the IC this
>week.

Wrong: The IC was interrupted, no one won and Jeff gave both tribes a break. Why not do the same this time? That is DEFINITELY applying different rules.

>Throwing challenges is a cowardly way
>to play. Hard to be
>a coward when you're not
>a coward by nature. You
>are...who you are...who you are.
>Easy to play Monday Morning
>QB.

Cowardly or smart? The rule was clear: Both tribe could eliminate someone and get Bruce in return. All your bellyaching is simply due to the fact that Terry lost. So predictable.

>We're talking about throwing a former
>tribe mate under the bus
>after a major game-changer planned
>by Production. I could give
>a rat's behind whether it's
>a Tribal Swap or Merge.
>Listen, I agree there are
>times when throwing a former
>tribe mate under the bus
>is ill advised...and there are
>times (i.e. the Skank and
>Tony) when it proved to
>be a good play.

There is a big difference because the game is still about tribes after a swap but it becomes individual at the merger. I think you should see the difference.

>RIGHT, RIGHT, RIGHT. Tony's confessional that
>season laying out his plan
>to turn on his former
>tribe mate and Blue Blood
>comrade preceded Trish persuading Kass
>to flip. Of course now
>you'll probably play your edit
>card by saying Production purposely
>placed Tony's confession prior to
>the Trish/Kass pow-wow. LMAO. Sometime
>I wonder why I even
>bother.

Here's the transcript of that episode starting right after the merger and up to TC:

Tony (solo): “We could be in some trouble. Six against five is pretty tough. The only hope that I have, personally was Sarah. Sarah was an old Aparri and she swore on her badge that she wants to be with me, but my biggest fear is that, if Sarah doesn’t flip, we’re done, I’m done. I don’t want to be done.”
Sarah didn’t flip so maybe Tony is done despite the outcome of this vote.

Solarrion – Day 18

Trish was giving yoga instructions to Tasha, Kass and Morgan.
After asking LJ who he thought was the head of the snake, Tony gave us a confessional: “As it stands right now ... We need one person to come on our side and we will flip the script. We will make it six my side and five their side. So, I am hoping that Sarah is the missing link to this. My goal is to make Sarah believe that I want to sit at the top two with her just like we mentioned: Two cops sitting in front of the jury. So, I am going to promise her, I am going to guarantee her, I am going to do whatever it takes to reassure her that I am not lying to her, that I really want her on our side to move forward in the game as opposed to the other tribe.”

Sarah told Tony that she couldn’t swear on her badge about voting for either Spencer or Kass.

Sarah in confessional: “I am in the best spot that you could be at in this game because 5 and 5 and guess what? I am in the middle. It’s a Sarah-sandwich, it’s perfect. I never expected to be the decision-maker. It truly is a predicament but whichever side I go, I will be sitting pretty because I will decide the fate of this game.”

Sarah talked with Jeremiah and Kass, suggesting they target LJ because he wouldn’t have an idol. Kass and Jeremiah both thought LJ had an idol.

Jeremiah gave an interview: “I don’t have no hidden immunity idol, I think LJ’s got it. That’s what worries me and that’s what has me nervous about this game.”

Jeremiah told the two women that Jefra needed to go first because no one would play an idol for her. Sarah insisted that it had to be LJ or Woo; that they had to get a strong guy out. When they pointed out once more that LJ had an idol, Sarah said it had to be Woo and she wouldn’t hear about voting against Trish because she wasn’t a threat.

Sarah (solo): “I think it’s completely idiotic to pick a fight with me. I’m not saying let me be the princess and walk around on egg shells, but the last thing you want to do is ##### me off.” She told them they could vote for Tony if Woo won immunity then her confessional continued: “You can do whatever you want but if you pick a fight with me, I’ll flip over with those other guys so don’t test me because I will put you in your place and send you packing.”

Kass had a confessional: “Dude, I’ve said it a million times: I don’t trust the cop. When someone in an alleged alliance of six says “I am only voting for these people and I will absolutely not vote for this person, it lets me know that she is not in the six. She’s in the one. If you come to me and say that you are going with your former tribe mates and they are going to let you choose who goes out and she comes to us and telling us who she wants out. It might be Woo but no one in this game should have that much power. Who made her queen? I can’t even look at her. I just want to punch her sometimes.”

Day – 19

Trish heard the two women bickering and gave us a confessional: “I wake up this morning and Reeeeaaar! Is what I heard. I heard a couple of girls going at it. It was between Kass and Sarah I believe. The fight made me happy because it made me realize that they weren’t as strong a six as I thought they were and they are cracking before we even get to the challenge. Obviously, they are all feeling a bit paranoid.”

Tasha also witnessed the fight so she took Sarah and Kass to the side to clear the air. Wisely, Tasha said she didn’t want to see them fracture over some BS. She also told Sarah that she was in a tough position and added that they didn’t need to like each other to vote together.

Tasha in confessional: “When I heard Kass and Sarah’s exchange, I didn’t care who was right, who was wrong. My main concern was getting those two back on the same page.”

Kass had an interview: “I totally think that Tasha took Sarah’s side in the argument. What the heck? Someone in the alliance treats someone poorly so everyone panders to the bully? I felt like saying it to Tasha: What about me? Why aren’t you being nice to me? What am I? Chopped liver? Oh wait! You’re done with me. I got it.” The confessional cut to show the impatience on Kass’ face and her eye rolls which led to Sarah saying she didn’t like being attacked. Kass went on: “I know Sarah is against me, I know Tasha is against me. I know where I stand, but at this point the six are falling apart.”

The scene ended with Tasha telling Sarah that her decision will decide her fate, not only the fate of other five people’s fate.

The Challenge: Woo won immunity.

Sarah had the first confessional reminding us that she was in the middle but couldn’t make the choice. She said that there were stronger players on Tony’s side, that she preferred to go with the weaker side which was portrayed by Spencer saying he was first off the pedestal. She ended her confessional by saying she was the President right now.

Spencer pointed out to the group that Jefra would never receive an idol so that she was the smart choice. Sarah was still convinced that Solana didn’t have idols and that they could get rid of Jefra at any time. She was voting either for LJ or Tony.

Trish and Tony noticed the 6 talking in the ocean and agreed that Sarah was not only with the other side; she was the person in charge. Tony still thought he could flip Sarah but Woo told him she wasn’t going anywhere. Trish said she would approach Kass, that she had a good relationship with her. Tony said he’d talk to Sarah first because Kass would play Trish.

After the group agreed to vote against Tony, Kass gave us a confessional: “The original agreement was to play it cool, we’d probably take out Jefra or Trish to get the numbers and then let’s meddle with the big boys who might have idols and strategy, but Sarah said it’s got to be Tony. She thinks she is running the show. Does nobody see this? Am I the only one? I know she is about to destroy the game. If she is about to destroy the game, I want to have the pre-emptive strike. I want to destroy it.”

Tony worked on Sarah, telling her that she’d be on top of Jefra, LJ and Woo which left her in the top three with Trish and him. He also added that if she eliminated him or LJ, it left her group at 6 against 4 so they wouldn’t need her anymore.

Sarah had a confessional where she said she knew what Tony was saying, that she wasn’t an idiot. She wanted to get rid of Tony because he was a big threat just like her. She added: “I would get rid of me if I could.”

Tony in confessional: “With Sarah telling me: “Let me think about it, let me make my decision at Tribal Council”, are you kidding me? I couldn’t believe she said that. I looked at her and I thought they were right. I talked to Sarah and I got a good, strong feeling that she is not coming to our side so one thing’s for sure. If I feel a little iffy-iffy, that idol is being played. I am not going home with the idol.”

It was Trish’s turn to work magic on Kass who said she’d like to get rid of Sarah, but she didn’t think there would be time to pull things together. Trish agreed on the vote and said they had time to make it happen.

Kass (solo): “Trish told me that they were voting Sarah. Surprising to me but maybe they are smarter than I think. They are probably smarter than my other 5 if they are thinking that Sarah is the bad seed. So maybe I will change allegiance.”

A determined Trish walked over to LJ and Tony telling them that Sarah was on her way out. They all agreed that Sarah was their vote. Having made the arrangements, Trish went back to Kass to let her know that they would take care of her.

Kass (solo): “I love that Sarah thinks she is running the show. New Aparri is voting for Tony, at the request of Queen Sarah. Solana is voting for Sarah. I truly believe that I am the one in the middle. I think I have usurped Sarah’s throne tonight and once again, Kaos Kass will show up at Tribal.”

Tony's only reaction to Sarah's shadiness was to maybe play his idol. trish acted alone in getting Kass to flip.

>I didn't say the revelation of
>the idol is what "sent
>Anna home." Just you putting
>words in my mouth with
>your spin yet again. What
>I said is when Anna
>used Tai searching for the
>idol as a means to
>throw him under the bus,
>Tai revealing the idol later
>is what caused that tactic
>to blow up in her
>face.

The swap and throwing Tai under the bus blew up in Anna's face. The idol was a non-factor.

>NO WAY Joe would be convinced.
>Sure he and Aubry hate
>Peter...but they hated the prospect
>of three Beauties in a
>tribe of six even more.
>Scot did not want that
>possibility either. I know it
>must eat you alive that
>no fluttering wings of a
>social butterfly could have realistically
>got Anna out of her
>jam. In the end she
>needed to step up and
>control her OWN fate but
>performing in the IC. I
>know...that's the 'ole pouring salt
>in your wounds as well.

So, you agree that the swap was terrible luck for Anna. Thank you for making my point. But given the right incentive, Joe could have been convinced, especially since he knew he had allies on the other side.

Posted by Aruba on 03-23-16 at 07:33 PM
The second sentence to start this thread is as follow: “There’s always winners and losers from a tribal swap.”

Clearly the Beauty women were “losers” in the swap. But I’ll say for the last time this week, they were not the ONLY ones on the short end of the stick. After Tai’s revelation of his idol causing Anna’s tactic to discredit Tai because of his idol search blew up in her face, she had her fate in her hands at the IC and failed. Michele was lucky to have Neil bail her out this week. And perhaps with the merge imminent Chan Loh may opt to Anti-Darwin Nick tonight should they go to TC. So I wouldn’t shed too many tears for Michele.

You can muddy the water with all your “transcript” verbiage, but it doesn’t change the fact that Tony threw Sarah under the bus when breaking his Blue Blood pact. Of course Sarah attempted to do the same as well. The difference is Tony was able to recruit his bitch Trish whereas Sarah did not have a bitch to do her dirty work.

The act of throwing a former tribe mate under the bus is the act of throwing a former tribe mate under the bus whether it is post tribal swap or post merge.

Terry didn’t need to be a coward to advance and PROACTIVELY put himself in a position to win the game. He was one season too early to win. The following season was a F3 final TC which would have given Terry the win. Also the final IC in season 13 (calibrating the platform to the different foot sizes in the name of fairness) was a direct reaction to the travesty where the final three in S12 had to stand on the same size lillypad. To Production’s credit they addressed their oversight for next time; unfortunately for Terry it was one season too late.

Whether the IC was finished or not due to Swan’s evacuation, THE TRIBES STILL MARCHED OUT TO PARTAKE AND COMPETE IN THE IC. Bottom line, the IC was still played. With Swan dropping DURING the challenge I can understand not finishing and consequently no boot at TC. Caleb dropped AFTER the challenge. Had he dropped DURING the RC and the tribes were told to continue after the helicopter departed you would have a solid case. But that did NOT happen. Hence, apples to oranges.

OK, I’m over and out with this thread. Holiday weekend coming up so not sure when or if I can initiate a list this week.

Enjoy tonight’s episode!

Posted by personofinterest on 03-23-16 at 02:00 PM
People I remember:

Debbie, Tai, Scot, Kyle, Peter

People I remembered once I looked back up at Aruba's list:

Cydney, Julia

People I don't remember -- even after peeking:

Everyone else

Posted by kingfish on 03-23-16 at 03:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-16 AT 03:58 PM (EST)

Here's how to handle this as well as any Survivor discussion thread:

- Disagree with all posters point by point, and survivor by survivor.

- Making it up as you go is not specifically prohibited.

- Use upper case for random words. Use italics to emphasize a random point and to make a invented point seem logical and real.

- Never admit you're wrong, even when you're making it up as you go.

- Tell all of them how wrong they are, and don't hold back on sarcasm, or the use of arcane trivia, or referencing long forgotten contestants. Or even invented facts/trivia/survivors. After all, invented facts have as much a right to exist as real facts. Don't discriminate.

- In that vein, it's often useful to invent past survivors, because if you use initials or a common name that California models might use (i.e. Bret, Fernando, Filip, or Christi, Cydney (!), Karolin, Adriana) you can rely on least one someone with that name actually having been on the show, and, except for Michel, no one will understand that they are actually rectal extractions. Then when Michel points out how wrong you are, obfuscate, obfuscate, obfuscate. Talk in circles. Change reference points. Look up the densest words you can find, then change them slightly so that you have a new word you will define yourself. Then when they think they know what the definition is, tell them how utterly wrong they are and how stupid could they be to think that.

- Then duck.

(P.S. Keep all of this under your hat. And you didn't get all this from me. I have been sworn to secrecy by the Masonic Grand Wizard of Survivor Lodge #2, so I shouldn't telling you all this stuff.)

Posted by Aruba on 03-23-16 at 07:36 PM
Somewhere within your befitting response I’m not sure if I’m able to decipher...Edit cards, Conspiracy theories, Crystal balls, Tea leaves, Nostradamus, PhD in Spinology, and more transcript verbiage than you’d find in the sequel to Roots!

Posted by kingfish on 03-23-16 at 08:29 PM
This is when to duck.