URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 4484
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
" Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad & The Boring Ep.4 "

Posted by Aruba on 03-13-16 at 07:24 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-16 AT 07:29 AM (EST)

Sorry I've been late with the lists this season. Seems like the weekend (early mornings at that) is the only time when I'm able to attempt a "Stream of Consciousness." It also seems like the only two categories that mattered this past episode were “Medivac” and “Booted.”

GOOD

DEBBIE – I’m keeping her up here for the time being. While basking in her glory returning from TC, she found time to approach Peter to tell him he was not her target. Smart play on her part. I hate to admit it but she has all the ingredients to advance deep in the game...possibly even the Finals. But I still can’t wrap my mind around her getting enough votes for Sole Survivor.

TAI – Continues to be a focal point of the season thus far. He should fit in well wherever the swap puts him. And an idol in hand no one knows about keeps him in very good position.

PETER – Brains came out of nowhere to win thanks mostly to Peter coming out of the bullpen. As a Doctor it must have been painfully frustrating to watch players go down like flies but forced to discretionally stay back for liability reasons. But the main reason I put him here is for endorsing my favorite beverage when he stated, “I need a beer.”

ANNA – So I guess I have to place Anna here also for endorsing my second favorite beverage when she stated, “Wow, coffee!” After back-to-back boring lackluster episodes, Production had little choice but to focus on her boobies and we were treated to a generous dose this episode. So GOOD; Very, very GOOD. Yes it was bad she repeatedly needed to peek over at the Brain tribe to try to solve the puzzle only to have Nick come in to replace her preventing Beauty from a trip to TC. AHHH, but those boobies shots...So GOOD; Very, very GOOD.

JASON – Could have went either good or bad this episode. But his efforts with Cydney’s heat stroke trumped over how he dealt with Alecia’s irritating self-centeredness. Referencing his daughters almost made his reactions toward Alecia somewhat justified.

NICK – When the puzzle solving duo of Julia/Anna hit a bump in the road Nick came in to smooth it out. I have him as good mostly for his efforts with Caleb elevating his feet while the medics worked in vain to try to keep him in the game.

BAD

SCOT – My grandfather told me NEVER argue with a woman in public. Even if you’re 100% right and she’s 100% wrong, the one with the penis will ALWAYS come out of the altercation perceived as worse. This 7-foot mountain man should have taken the advice of my 5’ 6” grandfather. Here’s some sports trivia for our “World Class” Athlete: After football (obvious #1) what sport ranks second for the most concussions? No Mr. NBA, it’s not basketball...that’s right, it’s...CHEERLEADING. HaHa!

BORING

JULIA – And who was there yet again in the puzzle portion to keep Beauty away from TC? Too bad Jeff gave most of the credit to Nick for Beauty’s efforts in the IC. It’s also too bad she’s not getting enough decent airtime.

MICHELE – The all-girl Beauty alliance seems like a footnote now. The biggest factor they’ve played in the past three episodes is that of a “Challenge Merry-go-round” where some combination of the trio is always sitting out. Translation: BORING!

NEAL – Being on the sidelines with Julia AND Anna has to be VERY good, but after an encouraging episode last week the only kudos I can give him this week is he held an umbrella quite well.

JOE – As for holding umbrellas Joe did well for himself also.

AUBRY – How boring has she been? Production had to go back to Ep. 1 when she talked about how the heat caused her pathetic Day Two mental meltdown anxiety attack. Although she may have a future in the game joining Joe by being recruited as another one of Debbie’s bitches.

????????

CYDNEY – Really couldn’t place her in any of the three categories. Being one of the three heat stroke victims was anything but boring. But not really able to categorize her as Good or Bad either.

MEDIVAC) CALEB – I never thought I’d be cheering for the guy this season. Unfortunate ending but hey, if you’re gunning for $1,000,000 for only 39 days of effort did you expect to sit around a dining room table for some silly coffee klatch (even though some fans might actually prefer that.) Hey, maybe that’s why they were trying so hard for the reward.

BOOTED) ALECIA – A victim of poor casting who contributed to her demise. Her appropriate assessment could be read in my prior posting in the “Be The Survivor” thread. Unless an unfound idol was back at camp (and we all know it wasn’t,) conducting TC immediately after the IC would not be “giving up.” Actually begging Jason/Scot to replace her during the IC is 100 times more an example of “giving up.” Truth be told—the primary reason she did not want TC at that moment was to go back to camp and go down swinging knowing her presence and comments would continue to irritate her tribe mates. So from that standpoint: Mission Accomplished.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad & The Boring Ep.4 "
Posted by michel2 on 03-13-16 at 06:41 PM
I'll start with Terribly Bad - Production: That reward was just not worth playing for. For once we saw most of the staff at work. It gave an ER impression to the episode and probably many viewers enjoyed watching it. For me, I couldn’t stop thinking that the reward was meaningless so it didn’t remove the distaste from my mouth. Granted, I am not a fan of the medical drama genre but while I appreciate the survival aspect of the show, I don’t want to see anyone forced out of the game for something production could have avoided. If it had happened for individual immunity then that would be completely different, each individual fighting for their own sake but here? They were fighting for each other’s respect (and not even getting it in Alecia’s case) and coffee!!!! The search area should have been much smaller and the bags not buried as deeply. Not only would that have saved everyone but the challenge would have been much closer.

Also, the medical staff focused so much on Debbie that they didn’t see Caleb’s distress at first and then it looked like they didn’t have any cold water readily available. It’s interesting that they showed Debbie’s distress at all. They never showed the medical team coming to camp during the first cycle to help Aubry and Jennifer even if those images had been part of the season’s promotion images. That means producers could have cut the scene with Debbie from the episode or at least some of it. It would have enabled them to show the crew flying to Caleb’s rescue at the very first sign of problems.

At least production gave the players a full day to recover but I think it would have been a lot more fun to have the swap immediately and spend the remainder of the episode watching them get to know their new tribe mates who are also their opponents instead of watching the most boring TC ever.

Good

1 Debbie: She is such a big character that Debbie could be in the Final Peter and Liz wanted to take her to the end and we can assume that Joe, Neal and Aubry would be thrilled to follow her there. What about the other 8 players? Jason and Cydney are in definite need of allies and what better connection for Jason than to turn to another parent. Debbie really only saw Jason as a caring individual who saved Cydney so she may want to align with him. Tai would probably see her as someone that could save him from the three beautiful young women. Those same women could want to get her in their alliance to gain numbers.

Things are looking good for Debbie but she has a nemesis in Peter. She did a great job in this social game by going to him when he was down and out after their Tribal Council but Peter wants revenge.

2- Jason: In the IC, he gave Alecia all the rope and she hung herself. Removing her was essential for him before the switch so I think he and Scot decided to take it easy on that swim back and let Alecia do the puzzle even if she isn't good at them. Now, his idol secret is confined to his allies and his actions towards Cydney make him look like a caring individual. What a redemption in one week!

3- Nick: I don't know if he was aware of it but completing that puzzle in second place saved his skin. Had Beauty gone to TC, I think he was done. Now, I look back at the 66% comment he made when they recuperated 2 of 3 chickens and wonder if that hints that 66% of the beauty tribe will make the merger?!! Will he be equally happy with that result?

4- Tai: He has an idol and he’s very charismatic. It’s weird that the women didn’t reassure him about his position in the tribe. Avoiding Tribal Council means that promises can easily be sold even if they are lies. Anna wanted Nick voted out first so it would have been easy to secure Tai’s loyalty. If the Gondol women’s alliance gets broken up by Tai, it will be through their fault, through their most grievous fault.

5- Julia: She was the first to realize that Caleb was in trouble and quickly brought him some much needed water. Who knows? Maybe she saved the whole franchise in the process because, if Caleb had died, this season would have been cancelled and maybe the whole show.

6- Michelle: I'll point to Aruba that Michelle participoated in both challenges this week, that it was Tai who sat the IC. Michelle had a great swim back to distance Scot and Jason. I think she's in a great position to slide by because she has a very easygoing attitude.

The Bad

1- Peter: Well, mostly his edit rather than him personally. Like Aruba, I think he was told to stay out of the way but instead of letting us know that, production decided to show Peter turning his back and picking up his bag when jeff asked for everyone to help. The ER doctor wasn't even shown using his bed side manners so he looks like a complete jerk.

2- Scot: He must have played in games with nothing to gain, either because his team was well out of the playoffs or the other team had an insurmountable lead. He should know that fans appreciate the players that don’t give up and continue to fight. Couldn’t he have given Alecia just a small mark of respect? Saying “I’m sorry” would have been so much easier.

3- Anna: The other tribe saw her teaming up with Julia during the puzzles so she could be targeted as a smart player after the swap. She was presented as the one in control of the Gondol tribe so Nick and Tai could have noticed her actions and could use that to throw her under the bus. I disn't like seeing her frustration when her tribe mates were close to losing that reward. Also, it,s terrible that she hasn't used the 11 days without tribal Councils to reassure Tai about his position within the tribe. When you don't go to TC, all your lies can look like solid promises because only the vote reveals the truth.

The Boring

1- Aubry: She is there but what is she doing? You don't have to be entertaining to go far in this game but you do to go up on my list.

2- Joe: He was the first to alert Jeff to Debbie's distress and he coped very well with the heat. Maybe he was smart enough to hold back but we didn't hear anything from him.

3- Cydney: Neither good or bad so here she goes. Her moment of weakness could be very helpful in the future. Instead of seeing the tough looking body builder, they looked almost fragile and could thus be overlooked.

4- Neal: Maybe Neal had the good sense to sit out of that ridiculous challenge and he did contribute to the solution of the puzzle but he didn't give us anything fun in this episode.

Evacuated - Caleb Why did he push himself so much? By the time he started running after the balls, he was playing for salt and pepper shakers, not the million dollars. Taking it easy would have been so much smarter. Still, I enjoyed seeing the cowboy.

Booted - Alecia While she was largely responsible for her downfall, I really liked getting to see this scrappy girl play. The only funny moment of the episode came when she stood up to Scot and thought she could teach an NBA champion on the value of team work... and she succeeded!

Posted by kingfish on 03-14-16 at 09:37 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-16 AT 09:22 AM (EST)

I should wait to see what the new tribal splits will be. That will help see what position the players are in.

But I guess I'll take a stab at it anyway.

Good
1. Tai. He's in the best position of all. Tribal bullies Scot and Jason might consider him for eviction, but his entertainment value as well as his competence around camp should keep him safe until nut-cutting time. I see no way that the split can occur that truly endangers him.

2. Debbie Debbie is probably safe as well, but she's actively playing the game, and that could put a target on her back. She's been successful, so as long as that lasts, and if she can shift her success to the people of her new tribe, she should be safe for a while. The biggest question in my mind is whether or not she becomes another Med-evac, which she could be if the heat stroke effects linger into the next challenge.

3. Cydney. Cydney has managed to walk a fine line which, as the third wheel in the tribe of three, was threated. The upcoming swap should secure her future for a while. It would be difficult for me to see her as a target on a new tribe. I have the same question about her as a possible Medevac as I have about Debbie.

4. Scot I think this guy is an abhorrent individual, but because of his strength he's probably safe for a while regardless of the split. His body mass makes him a candidate for heat stroke too, but as an athlete his body may have some resistance.

Boring
5. Peter.
He's had his hand slapped, presumably he's humble now, and humble is background and boring. His story may pick up again if he's on the same tribe as Debbie, but I strongly suspect that his wish to take Debbie to the end has diminished now that he's seen her Viper side. Still, I seem him as being background for now.

6-11. Julia, Michele, Aubry, Neal, Anna, Nick Boring. They all had laudable or not so laudable moments, but they were just moments and for the most part they are just background people, not particularly endangered, but if anyone of them has a stumble at TC (say, like Jenn?) they could be picked off.

Bad
12. Jason As much a bully as Scot, but without the beef. Tattoos aren't strength, neither is laying around camp criticizing anyone he dislikes. He is very likely to antagonize new teammates, IMO, and put himself in the crosshairs of a contentious TC. He has a problem controlling his mouth, and if I had to vote right now for the next eviction, next to Joe I would pick him.

BTW it was good to see him caring for a fallen comrade, but where was his compassion for Alecia?

13. Joe If Joe keeps up his surley attitude and can't perform any better in the challenges, he will attract the attention of tribe mates that are looking for someone to target that aren't them. He will be in trouble, especially if he doesn't end up on a tribe with Debbie.

Med-evaced Caleb. He just has to play the hero who saves the day, Superman, full out on every challenge. Which is laudible, but stupid. And it got him removed from the game.

Booted, Alecia Poor Alecia, she tried her best even when those around her, brutish males, stronger than she, athletic and ganging up on her, laid back. Her eviction was inevitable given the tribe she was on, but she did show her strength, not a brawny strength but one of spirit.

Posted by michel2 on 03-14-16 at 11:01 AM
After a swap, you don't necessarily want to win challenges and put your allies on the other side in trouble. Therefore Scot is at great risk but not Joe.

Peter could also be thrown under the bus or he'll turn people against his old tribe mates so he shouldn't be "background".

Jason is much safer now that he presented himself as a caring indivuidual and that Alecia can't tell anyone about his idol. Of course, he could be voted out because he's a challenge threat.

Posted by kingfish on 03-14-16 at 01:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-16 AT 01:42 PM (EST)

Both Scot and Cydney know Jason has an HI. Cydney has shown a predilection for ratting out tribemates, even if she doesn't gain any benefit. If they are on different tribes, I think Cydney will share Jason's HI info. Scot might also. After all, he'll no longer be deceived into thinking that Jason will use it to protect him, and they both may want to ingratiate themselves with their new tribe mates. Odds are one of the three will be on a new team.

Nothing says "Trust me" like ratting out your old mates.

We'll see about Peter, but the swap is a good thing potentially for him considering his position with the No-Brainers. After his close call he should be less of a target on a new tribe with tribe mates that have a new set of agendas.

Do you think Debbie will follow your undoubtedly good advice in regard to not winning challenges after the swap? IMO she has no intention of letting up on the gas. Scot and Jason will also be scrambling if they are split up, as will most of the others.

Joe is an anchor (in a bad way) on any team he ends up on, therefore he is always at risk if his tribe loses IC and goes to TC. He will very likely be an easy and very logical target.

So much depends on who ends up on which teams.

Posted by Aruba on 03-14-16 at 08:14 PM
Whereas I would not be totally shocked or surprised if Jason antagonizes his new teammates, my gut tells me he won't. I honestly believe he was irritated with Alecia right from the start. Truth be told he was not the only one on the Brawn tribe agitated with Alecia. He wanted Alecia out even back when Jenn was eliminated.

It wasn't until it got back to Jason that Jenn came out of nowhere to take the target off Alecia and put it on Jason did he have an axe to grind with Jenn. Jenn clearly initiated that TC confrontation.

Now that Alecia is gone we will see. If we see a similar pattern with another on his new tribe then it is on Jason. Conversly if he can move forward without another Alecia-like confrontation then I would be inclined to think otherwise.

Posted by Aruba on 03-14-16 at 07:36 PM
I must say that’s a darn good list you posted.

Interesting analysis on Debbie. You make good points for all those scenarios to play out. Quite possibly in the best position of all with Peter being her only fly in the ointment.

I must have REALLY been out of it to miss Julia’s role as Florence Nightingale to the fallen Caleb. I think you’ll understand my reluctance to rewatch the episode, so I’ll take your word for it. With this newfound information I’ll have to revise my list to bump Julia up from “Boring” to “Good.”

Working in a hospital/medical center for eight years the situation with Peter at the RC was second nature to me. I guess others without my experience/knowledge would not pick on that, but my list is MY list so that as well as deserving props for his IC efforts are why he’s still “Good.”

Nice pickup on Nick and how his IC efforts prevented the Beauty tribe from its first date with TC where, unbeknown to him, he would have been on his way to the Ponderosa. You see...THAT’S exactly why you always go all out in the challenges because you never want to hold anything to chance.

Actually it was Nick who had the great swim in the IC; Michele trailed behind. Yeah, ok she did finish ahead of sluggish Scot/Jason, but it wasn’t so much a “great swim” on her part as much as Scot/Jason performing poorly in the water. Most likely the lingering effect of the RC where they needed to push extra hard thanks to 25% of their team moving around grains of sand with her skinny little toe.

Had the tribal swap occurred right after the RC as you desired, this season’s Dumb A$$ Luck award would have been a Slam Dunk!

If you feel the need to remind me Tai sat out of the last challenge allow me to remind you “Merry-go-rounds” do make occasional stops. The one sole and ONLY time someone other than the Beauty women sat out was preceded by 100% of EVERY sit out was some combination of the women trio.

Yes, the rewards for the RC were pathetically lame, but as anyone who competed at even a less than high level can attest —Winning (as well as Losing) is CONTAGIOUS. Losing has a cruel way of repeating itself. That’s why true admirable competitors always put their best foot forward and give their best effort whether it’s the deciding game of a Championship series or a contest that doesn’t have the same importance.

People are casted; not robots. People do not have off/on switches. If it is in your nature not to be a pathetically inept individual looking to be carried or for some coattails to ride, you’re going to give it all you got. Yet another example of You are…Who you are…Who you are!

Posted by michel2 on 03-14-16 at 09:54 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-16 AT 09:54 PM (EST)

>I must say that’s a darn
>good list you posted.

Thank you very much.

>With this newfound information I’ll
>have to revise my list
>to bump Julia up from
>“Boring” to “Good.”

Glad to be able to help!

>Working in a hospital/medical center for
>eight years the situation with
>Peter at the RC was
>second nature to me. I
>guess others without my experience/knowledge
>would not pick on that,
>but my list is MY
>list so that as well
>as deserving props for his
>IC efforts are why he’s
>still “Good.”

I agree with you that Peter couldn't really intervene as a doctor but the editors threw him under the bus by showing him doing nothing when Jeff called for everyone to help.

>Nice pickup on Nick ...THAT’S exactly
>why you always go all
>out in the challenges because
>you never want to hold
>anything to chance.

It would have been better for Nick to find an alliance.

>Actually it was Nick who had
>the great swim in the
>IC; Michele trailed behind.

Both tribe members had to make it to the mat.

>Had the tribal swap occurred right
>after the RC as you
>desired, this season’s Dumb A$$
>Luck award would have been
>a Slam Dunk!

It's still a slam dunk but the name on the plaque will read "Peter".

>Yes, the rewards for the RC
>were pathetically lame, but as
>anyone who competed at even
>a less than high level
>can attest —Winning (as well
>as Losing) is CONTAGIOUS. Losing
>has a cruel way of
>repeating itself. That’s why true
>admirable competitors always put their
>best foot forward and give
>their best effort whether it’s
>the deciding game of a
>Championship series or a contest
>that doesn’t have the same
>importance.
>
>People are casted; not robots. People
>do not have off/on switches.
>If it is in your
>nature not to be a
>pathetically inept individual looking to
>be carried or for some
>coattails to ride, you’re going
>to give it all you
>got. Yet another example of
>You are…Who you are…Who you
>are!

I'll remind you that at the end of every season of any sport when a team is assured of making the playoffs or are completely out of it, they sit their best players to either give them a rest or to test their youngsters. For those teams that sit their best players to keep them fresh for the playoffs, results vary of course. There is no clear rule. All this to say that some of the best coaches in the best leagues in the world do think they can turn the switch on and off. When the Brains tribe had already won coffee, why even bother continuing the charade?

Posted by Aruba on 03-15-16 at 07:06 AM
>I agree with you that Peter
>couldn't really intervene as a
>doctor but the editors threw
>him under the bus by
>showing him doing nothing when
>Jeff called for everyone to
>help.

I don’t draw edit cards the way Jesse James drew his gun when ranking/placing players. I didn’t major in Spinology when I completed my Undergraduate and Graduate studies.

>It would have been better for
>Nick to find an alliance.

Caleb and Tai were eons ahead of him in that regard. The girl with the “fake” boobies hypocritically criticized his “fake” smile, so it wasn’t going to happen for Nick regardless of how he tried.

>Both tribe members had to make
>it to the mat.

Yes, I understood the rules of the challenge completely. Either Michele would make it to the mat or the Survivor frogmen would need to rescue her at sea. Fortunately she made it on her own power, but not because of a “great swim;” it was because Scot/Jason performed poorly.

>It's still a slam dunk but
>the name on the plaque
>will read "Peter".

I agree Peter is the low man on the Brains Totem Pole. Yet Peter’s effort in the IC for Brains was much like Nick’s effort for Beauty preventing BOTH tribes a trip to TC. That wasn’t luck…it was stepping up for both men and coming through to ensure their future advancements in the game.

>I'll remind you that at the
>end of every season of
>any sport when a team
>is assured of making the
>playoffs or are completely out
>of it, they sit their
>best players to either give
>them a rest or to
>test their youngsters. For
>those teams that sit their
>best players to keep them
>fresh for the playoffs, results
>vary of course. There
>is no clear rule.
>All this to say that
>some of the best coaches
>in the best leagues in
>the world do think they
>can turn the switch on
>and off. When the
>Brains tribe had already won
>coffee, why even bother continuing
>the charade?

May I remind YOU when Jeff yells out “Come on in” to the tribes as they are walking up to a challenge, neither team is “assured of advancing” and neither team is “completely out of it.” So your analogy is totally non-applicable. Players who are chosen to play “between the lines” in any given contest (first or second string) are expected to put out optimum effort and give it their all. That has always been a “clear rule” for any Coach. Sure players can be healthy scratches and in most sports teams who excelled during the regular season are usually rewarded with byes where they do not even need to suit up at all.
But when they ARE called upon to suit up it is inexcusable for any true competitor to not put their best foot forward. Players chosen to sit or teams with byes who do not need to play are comparable to the Beauty girls who “Merry-go-round” sit outs. I’m talking about each and every player who lines up “between the lines” right before Jeff yells, “Survivors Ready!”

Why even bother not to finish last you ask??? Allow me to continue to "remind" you what I typed in my prior post...LOSING IS CONTAGIOUS.

Posted by michel2 on 03-15-16 at 10:28 AM
I know boobies and those are real...

And coaches know when games mean something. That RC was about as valuable as a pre-season game. The IC is the one to win. And when Brains found their 3rd bag while the other two only had 1, they were completely out of it.

Posted by kingfish on 03-16-16 at 08:41 AM
They're either real or there's an improved model available, a more realistic fake bust implant, in the market place.

Posted by Aruba on 03-16-16 at 07:37 PM
They could be real...tough call with Anna. They just appeared to look larger this past episode...perhaps that appearance could be a result of her other parts getting smaller due to the effects of food rations? When women lose weight rapidly the boobies generally decrease as fast (if not faster) than the rest of their body. Depending on how much longer Anna stays in the game we should get a more definitive verification.

Whether we are talking about clinching the playoffs or preseason, unfortunately you’re still missing the point that WHOEVER is taking the field of play for WHATEVER the objective of the game may be they are still expected to put out top effort. In preseason wins and loses don’t matter as much as regular season which is why the stars do not play the whole game; but the non-stars are still in there giving it their all. Many times they will even kick it up a notch because they are fighting for a position on the team before cuts are made.

But what we all agree on is the rewards were lame. So using your preseason analogy, shame on Beauty for not sitting out Caleb/Nick and including all the female “merry-go-round” sit outs for what you regarded as a “meaningless” challenge.

Posted by kingfish on 03-17-16 at 09:10 AM
Appearance of bigness also depends on her pose and what she's wearing.

Bending over - Big.

Bending over and chopping - Big and Bouncy. Almost Beyoncé.

Lying on side - Big and spilling out (And yes, as a male with hormones, that's my favorite).

Sitting at TC - a little of the areolae are visible, so we know that at least she has her nipples surrounded.

Standing up - less big. Per hypotheses, probably due to starvation effects.

In all cases the tit jiggle seems to be present, therefor, IMO, real.

I think we should open a new thread to discuss the bigness of Anna's pectoral adornments, and poses we appreciate the most. Also we should include a graph of mammary diminishment vs. time. And how we are looking forward to the last show when they all have had time to recover, and well, we can say that there's a happy ending to our graphical analysis.