URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 442
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Rescue Me!"

Posted by Hoobie on 06-14-05 at 02:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-14-05 AT 04:13 PM (EST)

I just discovered this phenomenal show on DVD this week. Just in time too, as Season 2 starts on June 21st. I have discussed with DH that this is not only the best show on TV...but this is the best show that I have ever seen in my life. The acting is incredible and moving; the writing is witty and riveting. Do yourself a favor and watch Season 1 (12 episodes).

I am utterly impressed with the programming on Fx. I am female in the appropriate age bracket (18-34), and Nip/Tuck, The Shield and Rescue Me are far superior to anything else I've ever seen.

Enjoy ~ and long live Denis Leary

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Rescue Me!"
Posted by woeisme1 on 06-14-05 at 07:28 PM
Being a Dennis Leary fan myself I had to watch this when it started and really have been enjoying it. I love the Shield too and it is almost over for the season already

Fish and Game Officer of G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

Handcrafted by RollDdice, who rocks my world as much as IceCat.

remember to say only things that, if it were the last words another person were to hear, would not have caused harm

"Am I really the only one watching?"
Posted by Hoobie on 06-22-05 at 04:59 PM
Last night's show was a bit slow - but clearly setting up the rest of the season, which looks phenomenal. I was so moved when Tommy was watching home videos - wow...really deep stuff.

Do try to catch it, it's worth your time!

Posted by Bebo on 06-22-05 at 10:08 PM
Denis Leary has really impressed me as an actor. Loved him in The Thomas Crown Affair. I haven't gotten as hooked on Rescue Me as Mr. Bebo is, but I certainly appreciate that it's a cut above most of the shows on TV.

And I got major brownie points last night. Hubby is sick and forgot that the show was premiering...only to discover that I had already set the DVR to record the entire season. He was quite pleased.

Posted by flipxcyd on 09-25-05 at 01:04 AM
Hey, I love this show. I had no interest in the first season because Denis Leary was the lead in the series. Then off chance, I saw the first episode of the 2nd season, and I was hooked! Denis Leary has grown on me.

There was this one episode involving his half-brother (the priest) who molested some kids. I totally remember the episode because Snow Patrol's song, "Run" was being played. I was sad because he found out his half-brother was really molesting the kids and then he took that prescription drug that made him feel all better again.

The second to the last episode where his son was killed by a drunk driver; how he himself was abusing alcohol. The irony of it all.

Loved the finale too. I can't wait for Season 3 to come out.