URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 442
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Embedding videos"

Posted by CTgirl on 04-04-11 at 03:43 PM
Could someone post the HTML and directions for embedding a video in a post?

Thanks!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Embedding videos"
Posted by dabo on 05-03-11 at 01:10 AM
For almost a month this has been ignored. Enough, I say, enough!

I did a reply with quotes to see what IceCat did in his embedded thread, tried it myself on another thread, couldn't get it to work. So I say, contact Ice if you want something done like that, maybe he'll feel like doing it for you. It has something to do with fixing site programming to allow for it, and Ice is the only one who seems to know how to do it. And it is secretvy secret stuff.

Posted by jbug on 05-03-11 at 10:07 AM
Ice knows everything.
Ice puts Phillip to shame in the secret stuff department

Posted by cahaya on 05-04-11 at 11:26 PM
Puffy did it here with an animated fan, and it's simply a .gif file. I think you need the right tools, though, to copy and save one of these so it stays animated (MS Paint won't do the job).

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-21-11 at 08:38 PM
I finally figured out how to do it.

The problem is that when I copy over embedded links from sites such as Youtube, not only do I have to convert all < and > into the brackets that this site accepts, but also have to remove the "http" in the URL.

Here's what the coding looked like for the rapture video I posted earlier:

{iframe title="Government confirms Rapture!" width="425" height="349" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Mc5nOdKZotc" frameborder="0"}{/iframe}
(replace the curly brackets with the straight brackets)

... as in below: (click on 'Reply Quote' to copy and replace with your video info, if desired to save time)

Posted by CTgirl on 05-23-11 at 11:17 PM
Thanks Pepe. I had posted the question in case I wanted to embed a video when I was doing my SOTS. Now we have a place to come look whenever we want to try to do it in the future.

Posted by tribephyl on 05-24-11 at 00:57 AM
Thanks for asking CT. I was thinking along the same lines as you.