URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 442
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Monica Lands Job as Reality Show Host"

Posted by AZ_Leo on 03-20-03 at 11:46 AM
Fox retains it's reputation as home of the worst and trashiest reality shows.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Monica Lewinsky, whose affair with then-President Bill Clinton (news - web sites) nearly cost him the Oval Office, will soon be hosting a reality show for the Fox network, Daily Variety reported in its Thursday edition.

The 29-year-old former White House intern has landed a job as host of the hidden-identity dating show, "Mr. Personality," slated to debut on Fox April 21, the entertainment trade paper said.

Lewinsky's deal comes not long after Clinton began his stint as a paid TV commentator on CBS, debating onetime campaign rival and former Republican leader Bob Dole in a revival of the "Point/Counterpoint" segment by news magazine "60 Minutes."

According to Variety, "Mr. Personality" will follow a group of average-looking guys whose faces have been masked as they try to win the affections of an attractive young lady. Their looks will be concealed throughout the dating process, as the woman eliminates a contestant each week until she narrows her choice to one man.

Lewinsky, who designs handbags and accessories that she sells via her Web site, most recently appeared in the HBO documentary "Monica in Black & White," Variety said. That program featured Lewinsky answering questions about her dalliance with Clinton.

Otherwise, Lewinsky has kept a relatively low public profile in the years since her relationship with Clinton came to light. Lewinsky also appeared in an MTV special with gross-out comedian Tom Green, but she turned down overtures to appear in the Fox special "Celebrity Boxing."

Fox is currently enjoying a ratings rebound, thanks in large part to the huge success of recent reality TV offerings, namely "Joe Millionaire" and "American Idol."

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Monica Lands Job as Reality Show Host"
Posted by Loree on 03-20-03 at 02:58 PM
Yes I saw this mentioned yesterday on ET or one of those shows on TV. Nothing surprises me anymore with these reality shows.

"Fox missed its chance!"
Posted by wildchickenhunter on 03-20-03 at 02:59 PM
Fox should have got Bill Clinton and Monica on the same show.
They could have had Bill sitting at a desk interveiwing contestants and had Monica under the desk. Every now and then asking a mumbled question.

I wonder if each one of the voted out contestants get a BJ as a parting gift?
I could go on, but when ever I think of these two I just LMAO!

"RE: Fox missed its chance!"
Posted by lilgypsy on 03-21-03 at 12:16 PM
.....interesting parting gift....and remember according to Clinton, that's not really sex....<rolling eyes>

Posted by SurvivinDawg on 03-20-03 at 03:18 PM
My brother met Monica while he was living in NYC. He said she's really a nice person, and that her handbag line was doing okay (at that time).

Now it looks like she's about to DAW out...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Posted by GeorgiaBelle on 03-20-03 at 08:05 PM
Now it looks like she's about to DAW out...

Okay Dawg you own me a diet coke. That one made me laugh and spill my drink. As I had to agree with you

Posted by dabo on 03-20-03 at 08:20 PM
Coincidentally, there is some sort of campaign going on to make March 20th an official holiday, Steak and BJ Day.

SMILES ARE FREE

Posted by wildchickenhunter on 03-21-03 at 09:58 AM
<Steak and BJ Day.>
Now that is funny, Dabo!

Posted by dabo on 03-21-03 at 05:09 PM
And I didn't even make it up, they've been going on and on about Steak and BJ Day on "The Bob and Tom Show" (radio) since before Valentine's Day.

SMILES ARE FREE

"Actually I have heard about it."
Posted by wildchickenhunter on 03-24-03 at 03:41 PM
Unfortunately, women will never take it serious. We get stuck having to buy some crap for our wives because it is February 14th, but I am sure most women will never give this holiday a second thought.

Sad!