URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 440
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Warning: Something's Not Right Here!"

Posted by udg on 02-08-11 at 05:29 PM
So Chrome informs me. Whenever I click on the forums, I get the Red Screen of Doom with the following message:
Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
community.realitytvworld.com contains malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.

When I click for further details, it tells me:
Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for community.realitytvworld.com

What is the current listing status for community.realitytvworld.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 43 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 25 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-02-08, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-02-08.
Malicious software includes 28 scripting exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 4 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including asm1.co.cc/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS7859 (PAIR).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, community.realitytvworld.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

I live on the wild side (and have anti-virus software), so I clicked through the message and loaded the forums anyway, but I'm still curious what's up with the whole thing. I assume it's related to the problem vince3 describe below.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Duplicate thread"
Posted by IceCat on 02-08-11 at 09:18 PM
The bad ad pop-up is being discussed here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID33/439.shtml

Locking as a duplicate.